Thread: Milwaukee down 3 to Detroit....

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Milwaukee down 3 to Detroit....

Under a min to go...
    Go Bucks!!!
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Default Re: Milwaukee down 3 to Detroit....

Look like they are gonna be losing. Too bad. That Detroit game next week gonna be huge.

Sports Logo

Pistons are too good to loose it when they have the lead in the 4th with less than 3 minutes to go.

Damn it!

istons: 97

:16 remaining
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Look like they are gonna be losing. Too bad. That Detroit game next week gonna be huge.
    We need that game in the worst way because it gives us the lead for the series matchup. That will be important for the seedings, because the way we're both going, we might end up needing a tiebreaker for the regular season.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Thats twelve :P.

Larry brown's longest winning streak in his CAREER......

One more will tie the franchise record, held by Zeke, Joe D. and company.

San Antonio is going to be a pushover in comparison to this game....

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Looks like we will have to handle our own businessagainst Detroit
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo

I would rather beat them while they are hot than while they are not. It just makes it all the more satisfying.

Yes it does look like we are going to have to beat the Pistons ourselves.

Quality win for the Pistons tonight. Winning at Milwaukee is tough

We can handle Detroit.
    We match up well with them.

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

However,this is far from the same Piston team that you beat the first 2 times. Milwaukee learned that lesson tonight. Different rotation, different offense, different attitude.

I, for one, think the Pistons and Pacers match up VERY well with each other. I dont see any real matchup problems either way, unless the Tins of old plays D on Chauncey.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

However,this is far from the same Piston team that you beat the first 2 times. Milwaukee learned that lesson tonight. Different rotation, different offense, different attitude.

I, for one, think the Pistons and Pacers match up VERY well with each other. I dont see any real matchup problems either way, unless the Tins of old plays D on Chauncey.
    That's true. And on the part about it being a different Pistons team, I believe that. I also think it's a different Pacers team. You've played us during our coach's first game (same for you guys, I know), and you have to admit we played AWFUL until the end of our second game.

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

That's true. And on the part about it being a different Pistons team, I believe that. I also think it's a different Pacers team. You've played us during our coach's first game (same for you guys, I know), and you have to admit we played AWFUL until the end of our second game.
    Yeah, the first game was really a feeling-out, and the 2nd game both teams brought their "c" game, and yours beat ours. But either game culd have gone the other way. The Pistons had offensive issues they no longer have. The amount of passing the Pistons do now is amazing.

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

Yeah, the first game was really a feeling-out, and the 2nd game both teams brought their "c" game, and yours beat ours. But either game culd have gone the other way. The Pistons had offensive issues they no longer have. The amount of passing the Pistons do now is amazing.
    How often does Mehmet show up to play?

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

Usually when he's posted against a sub-7footer, where he can use his size to shoot over the top. Foster falls into this catagory. I dunno what his stats were tonight, but he was HUGE in the clutch.

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

Usually when he's posted against a sub-7footer, where he can use his size to shoot over the top. Foster falls into this catagory. I dunno what his stats were tonight, but he was HUGE in the clutch.
    I don't watch Mehmet when he's not playing the Pacers, so sorry about the questions.

Is he a rich man's Foster or a totally different player? I know he is a good shooter, but what else does he bring to the team?

Tim

We can handle Detroit.
    I like the confidence

Exactly, this is a different team we will be playing. To be honest I think Detroit is more eager for our next meeting than we are. They are the Hunters and we will be the Hunted.

Okur is a do-everything center. He can pass well, shoot off the dribble, he is an excellent offensive rebounder, and unlike most Europeans, he plays VERY good man-to-man defense. What he lacks is physical strength to really back his man down, and the athletisism to dunk in someone's face. Still, he's a heck of a talent for a 2nd-rounder in his 2nd year. He really battled Larry Brown earlier over his poor shot selection, and earned a benching. However, he has come to realize that Larry forcing him inside has made him a BETTER player.

I'd rate Foster a bit better on the boards (mind you that is memo's strength too), and a little better on position defense. However Memo is a better shotblocker.

Okur is a do-everything center. He can pass well, shoot off the dribble, he is an excellent offensive rebounder, and unlike most Europeans, he plays VERY good man-to-man defense. What he lacks is physical strength to really back his man down, and the athletisism to dunk in someone's face. Still, he's a heck of a talent for a 2nd-rounder in his 2nd year. He really battled Larry Brown earlier over his poor shot selection, and earned a benching. However, he has come to realize that Larry forcing him inside has made him a BETTER player.

I'd rate Foster a bit better on the boards (mind you that is memo's strength too), and a little better on position defense. However Memo is a better shotblocker.
    Muchas Gracias Senor Kstat.

Get real Kstat.... we have Bender back!

Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Bball
    And we have Darvin Ham....:P

Formerly PacerFanInAZ Cactus Jax's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Bball
    Well the Pacers have the Brew master. Who does Detroit have?
    :P
    "It's just unfortunate that we've been penalized so much this year and nothing has happened to the Pistons, the Palace or the city of Detroit," he said. "It's almost like it's always our fault. The league knows it. They should be ashamed of themselves to let the security be as lax as it is around here."

----------------- Reggie Miller

Bball
    Well the Pacers have the Brew master. Who does Detroit have?
    :P

Bobby Sura, who PLAYS like he's had a few too many "brews"......