Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread: Bulls vs. Pacers

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Post Game Thread: Bulls vs. Pacers

This team is still trying to win. No matter what your personal opinion is of tanking it is pretty obvious that this team is not trying to do it. You can tell by the way Obie is coaching and by the body language of the players that they're going to go out and lay it on the line every game for the rest of the season.

I hope that they keep playing hard but I also hope that we don't distort our draft positioning. I really think Jordan Hill would be a great fit with this team.
    Last edited by idioteque; 02-22-2009 at 02:31 PM.

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default Re: Post Game Thread: Bulls vs. Pacers

we always know how to screw ourselves up...

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Arena:
    Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
    Officials:
    #60 D. Guthrie, #13 M. McCutchen, #44 R. Olesiak
    Attendance:

Duration:
    2:13

Impressive attendance today wow
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arena:
    Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
    Officials:
    #60 D. Guthrie, #13 M. McCutchen, #44 R. Olesiak
    Attendance:

Duration:
    2:13

Impressive attendance today wow
    Sunday afternoon, Chicago isn't too far away.

Any way you look at it though, the crowds at the game appear to be more enthused about the Pacers and even with the way the economy is, our arena is about 75% full per night on average whereas last year it was about 66% full per night. I think we're turning the corner.

Mood

It was nice to hear the fans really get into the game in the 4th too. It helped the players imo
    If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one! - Hicks
    [/center]
    @thatguyjoe84

Great team effort. I have expressed a degree of disappointment at times with Jack and Ford. They both played tremendous games tonight I thought.

So how was our D so effective today? Particularly against their backcourt. Rose can penetrate and Gordon can do major damage outside. Is it a lack of consistent scoring out of their bigs?

By the way, I thought Jack's D on BG in the latter part of the game was very good. Also liked seeing Rush really getting after it at times in on the ball D. Quis was solid in that regard, as well. Murph just keeps it comin'.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Troy sure is playing some great ball. If he continues to play this well next year and the Pacers have a winning record he should be an All Star.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This team is still trying to win. No matter what your personal opinion is of tanking it is pretty obvious that this team is not trying to do it. You can tell by the way Obie is coaching and by the body language of the players that they're going to go out and lay it on the line every game for the rest of the season.

I hope that they keep playing hard but I also hope that we don't distort our draft positioning. I really think Jordan Hill would be a great fit with this team.
    I believe that they made a pledge at the beginning of the season to do just that. I admire them for continuing to the their best to honor that pledge.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post

I'm all for us trying to win with this group of players and actually winning. If we can somehow make it playing well until Danny gets back, we could still have a shot. We are only 2 games behind Chicago and just 3 behind Milwaukee now.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

No way in hell there were 17,083, that's how many tickets were sold, but there was not 17,083 in that building, and hell I wasn't even at the game.....
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

I like it that they won't quit! I also think most fans have counted them out but the team itself hasn't. I have/did.

I also think to many people on here worry about draft position. A high pick helps but it's no guarantee of success.

What a team needs is luck. You have to get lucky in your draft picks, and you have to be lucky and avoid injury's.

Other than drafting Danny at 17, the Pacers luck has been pretty bad, but luck which is just chance, evens out over time.

So if you want to hope for something hope our luck changes for the better.

Ben Gordon couldnt miss the first half i believe he had 20, good thing Del Negro kept him out for the most part of the 3rd.

Ford missed lay up after lay up it seemed, but he did hit some key jumpers in the 2nd half.

Jack played really well tonight, he was keeping us in it early, and as mentioned before, D'ed up BG in the 4th nicely.

It really seemed like the refs were giving the Bulls all the damn calls all game.

There was hella amounts of Bulls fans in the crowd tonight.

And as for Murph, just a great game. Hit a real key 3 to tie it up at 80 when we just couldnt buy a bucket.

When we were up 14 in the 3rd, the lead just started shrinking and shrinking untill they took the lead, we just couldnt buy a bucket for a really long stretch. I liked the fact that our D really stepped it up when we were in that drought.

And big Roy, didnt have his best game, but actually got some 4th Q mins !!

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post

When we were up 14 in the 3rd, the lead just started shrinking and shrinking untill they took the lead, we just couldnt buy a bucket for a really long stretch. I liked the fact that our D really stepped it up when we were in that drought.
    Yes. Offsetting a drought of that magnitude on the defensive end is, dare I say it, characteristic of a good (defensive) team. Perhaps they cooled to a degree, but the defensive energy looked really good out there in the 2nd half. Is that a fluke? Could it be at all indicative that Rush, Jack, and Quis defend the perimeter more effectively that Granger and Dunleavy?
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    No way in hell there were 17,083, that's how many tickets were sold, but there was not 17,083 in that building, and hell I wasn't even at the game.....
    I agree. A lot of seat were empty.
    As I saw the number, I was really shocked

I was there. There were a lot of people in the balcony but not a whole lot in the club levels.

For me, tanking should never be an option. How will the rookies develop properly in a "tanking" environment?

There was a time when the Pacers current efforts to win against all odds would have been taken as a sign of exemplary character. I must be getting old.

JOB deserves some credit for coaching in this environment. Convincing your team that it can go out and win when its two top players are out is a sign of good coaching.

What is going on with Murphy? Clearly he is playing up to his potential which is all that can be asked. His numbers are really impressive and effort consisitent. I'm actually inclined to not trade him at this point.

Can the simons afford tanking? No way.. They need this team to compete every night and put some fans in the stands to pull a profit. We all want the next big draft pick but the bottom line is our franchise cannot afford to be a bottom feeder at this current point in time. We have a good team. We are just a good veteran away from being a 4 or 5 seed for MANY years to come.

Did anyone else find themselves wishing we would buy out rasho! He looked horrid out there and every min he was playing was a min I wish foster or hibbert would be back in.

Hibbert had a tough game shooting but made up for it in other areas. I have been VERY impressed with his play lately.

Mood

Random bits:

1) There were quite a few people here today, so if the sales number was 17,000, I believe it.

2) I was an actual witness to Murphy stealing a rebound from a teammate. Just one, but I did see it. He does do that in situations where there are no opponents around and the teammate is about to get it (and has position). So for anyone who doubts that he does it, he does it.

Banned

This win makes me wonder if their record could have been better with the rookies playing instead of Rasho and the other guys

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This win makes me wonder if their record could have been better with the rookies playing instead of Rasho and the other guys
    Goes without saying. The only thing is those rookies would be hitting the wall had they been playing as much as they should be.
    Only reason Rush is getting his PT is because of the injuries. Maybe OB is against it with Hibbert considering we see Rasho stink it up too often.

Quote Originally Posted by justinDOHMAN View Post
    Did anyone else find themselves wishing we would buy out rasho! He looked horrid out there and every min he was playing was a min I wish foster or hibbert would be back in.

Hibbert had a tough game shooting but made up for it in other areas. I have been VERY impressed with his play lately.

The Pacers really need another good bigman who is quicker than Rasho and can defend
    and be a semi-competent scorer. So a good PF in the draft or center.
    If they are going to play defense they need plenty of fouls available to be used
    to defend the paint.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
    Yeah, and I saw an UFO the other night. Come on Hicks, that's a cheap shot at Murph. You do know what defense attorneys do with eye witness, don't you?
    It's not a cheap shot. It's fact. And it's not an isolated incident.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    2) I was an actual witness to Murphy stealing a rebound from a teammate. Just one, but I did see it. He does do that in situations where there are no opponents around and the teammate is about to get it (and has position). So for anyone who doubts that he does it, he does it.
    Finally more people are noticing this. He does this 1-2 times a game and it really annoys me. Makes me think he is a stat padder and a bad teammate.