Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamal Crawford

J-Wont

Default Jamal Crawford

What does everyone think of this guy?
    Me, I think he's a stud who's only gonna get studlier in time. He and Al are about even talent & potential wise. Chicago could use a a nice young player with experience who can play both foward spots, Indy could use a nice young shooting guard to grow with the rest of the team. A resigned JC for Al trade makes perfect sense, and right now it's the trade I most want the Pacers to make.
    Here's some info on Crawford
    6'5" 190 lb.
    24 years old
    Avg. 17.3 points 5.1 ***. 3.5 reb. and 1.39 steals
    Scored a career high 50 points vs Toronto in April
    He could really help the Pacers scoring. He's arguably as good as Rip Hamilton right now, and could be much better before his career is over.
    His shooting % is bad tho. .386, .317 on 3's. However he shot .476 & .448 during the 01-02 season (only played 23 games) so he has atleast shown he can shoot the ball at times.
    I like what Jamals got and if I were Donnie Walsh or Larry Bird, I'd pursue an Al Harrington for Jamal Crawford deal. And I'd do it a soon as possible to get it out of the way and to have more time to work with him and get him imvolved with the team.

Default Re: Jamal Crawford

I would defentily have interst in Crawford, yes.

Hicks and I talked about this last night. I believe Crawford's percentages would improve on a team where he didn't have to take so many ill-advised shots because there are so few scoring options. His shot selection would improve substantially especially with someone like JO to go to.
    [edit=27=1088259761][/edit]

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproof
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hicks and I talked about this last night. I believe Crawford's percentages would improve on a team where he didn't have to take so many ill-advised shots because there are so few scoring options. His shot selection would improve substantially especially with someone like JO to go to.

I aggree with that, furthermore he wouldnt have to carry the same playmaking burden he has done for Chicago (eventhough they have Hinrich there).

Regards,

Mourning
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

J-Wont

Also Chicago is a crappy team with no real direction or coaching. Often times he was just out there jacking up shots for the hell of it. Put him on a real team with a real system like the Pacers, and he could blow up.

Mood

As bullet said, we did talk about it and we'd definitely both take him. He's an up and coming talent, and could be had for Al Harrington alone in a sign and trade.

I think it's a great fit: We get a young SG who can get better, and all we lose is Al, who was the man everyone looks to trade anyway, and we don't gut our team at all.

I hope this is what we do assuming we don't get a star.

Fat, Drunk and Stupid Lord Helmet's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    As bullet said, we did talk about it and we'd definitely both take him. He's an up and coming talent, and could be had for Al Harrington alone in a sign and trade.

I think it's a great fit: We get a young SG who can get better, and all we lose is Al, who was the man everyone looks to trade anyway, and we don't gut our team at all.

I hope this is what we do assuming we don't get a star.
    Super Bowl XLI Champions
    2000 Eastern Conference Champions

King Mob

Crawford would be a great fit for Indy, IMO. I'd disagree that he's as good as Rip right now, but I think he has a much higher ceiling that Rip does. Plus he can play the point at a high level as well. That'd be an excellent deal. Chicago moves a guy they've been looking to deal for a long time, for a guy they've coveted for just as long.

Sports Logo

Bullet I do think he would be an asset but does he really bring that much more than what Fred already brings.

They are both undersized 2 guards who are slashers. Freddie is getting better at the three and while Crawford has another year of experience it just seems to me that he would be duplication.

You certainly cant just count away experience but wont Fred be more experienced next year than he was this year? I just think that if we are going to get another 2 guard (and I hope we do) that because Tins is not all that tall that we would go after an sg with a little more height who is a good three point shooter to open up the middle more for Jermaine.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    Bullet I do think he would be an asset but does he really bring that much more than what Fred already brings.

They are both undersized 2 guards who are slashers. Freddie is getting better at the three and while Crawford has another year of experience it just seems to me that he would be duplication.

You certainly cant just count away experience but wont Fred be more experienced next year than he was this year? I just think that if we are going to get another 2 guard (and I hope we do) that because Tins is not all that tall that we would go after an sg with a little more height who is a good three point shooter to open up the middle more for Jermaine.
    That's what I think about Crawford too. I also think Freddie has a higher ceiling than Jamal.

Mood

Crawford is also 3 inches taller than Fred, and I believe more offensively gifted.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yea, he did light us up a few games.

Hip-Hop ,Guitar & Martial ArtsEnthusiast
    Tony Jaa could beat you up with his pinky.

Mood

Rotation can be Crawford/Reggie/Fred for a year, with Fred taking any time he can at point and SF to give him PT, then let Regggie retire, and you're left with a solid Crawford/Fred rotation for years to come.

King Mob

Hard to believe Jones would get backup PG mins before Crawford...

Mood

Well one way or another find minutes for Fred to pacify him for the season, then Reggie can retire and he'll get all the backup SG minutes too.

Crawford's an exciting talent, but I was under the impression that he's not really high on the Team Chemistry Hall of Fame.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem
    Crawford's an exciting talent, but I was under the impression that he's not really high on the Team Chemistry Hall of Fame.
    Well, not in CHICAGO, anyway. I think he'd straighten up here.

Just like Ron Artest?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Just like Ron Artest?
    On the court he got better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Well, not in CHICAGO, anyway. I think he'd straighten up here.
    That's what we thought about Ron, too.

Damn you, Anthem, you beat me to it.

Sports Logo

For some reason I thought Crawford was shorter than 6'5". I guess thats ok. But I would still be a lot higher on Q-Rich or Ray Allen. I think Q-Rich would be cheaper than Ray and thats a good thing. Plus I think he would really apreciate being on a good team (not that Crawford would not)

I just dont want to totaly gut this team. I like most of the players on the team Heck I would even like to see AJ back. (although as a spot shooter and not so much at the point)

I could swallow Harrington Bender and Ron for T-Mac and Howard because we would be basicaly getting a Harrington type of player back in Howard and I think we would get more out of T-Mac than we would ever get out of Bender. The only thing we would really be losing is Rons. But if the team is going to dump him anyway well why not try for Tracy.

But in no way do I want to see Foster or Tinsley in that deal. We need the rebounding and the passing. Losing that IMO would out strip what even Tracy would bring.

I have mixed thoughts on Crawford. He is very talented offensively, but his defense is horrible. I certainly would not give up much to get him

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not sold on Crawford. He's not a hard worker. He's a ballhog and he's not very coachable. He pouts at lot. He's certainly a reason the Bulls are losing almost three times as often as they win.

He has a lot of growing up to do. If he succeeds, he's a first class talent. But until he does, I wouldn't touch him with a vet's minimum contract, let alone the $$ he's going to demand or a trade for him.

We're too close to a championship to let him :censor: it up.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

King Mob

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar
    For some reason I thought Crawford was shorter than 6'5". I guess thats ok. But I would still be a lot higher on Q-Rich or Ray Allen. I think Q-Rich would be cheaper than Ray and thats a good thing. Plus I think he would really apreciate being on a good team (not that Crawford would not)

I just dont want to totaly gut this team. I like most of the players on the team Heck I would even like to see AJ back. (although as a spot shooter and not so much at the point)

I could swallow Harrington Bender and Ron for T-Mac and Howard because we would be basicaly getting a Harrington type of player back in Howard and [/b] I think we would get more out of T-Mac than we would ever get out of Bender. The only thing we would really be losing is Rons. [/b] But if the team is going to dump him anyway well why not try for Tracy.

But in no way do I want to see Foster or Tinsley in that deal. We need the rebounding and the passing. Losing that IMO would out strip what even Tracy would bring.