Thread: Hollinger Chat! Pacers Mentioned (and I get a question in..Hollinger hates me lol)

Default Hollinger Chat! Pacers Mentioned (and I get a question in..Hollinger hates me lol)

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=25127

Jeremy (Los Angeles): Any picks up in the Spurs near future? What is the outlook for the Spurs in this summer's free agent market?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:35 PM ET ) A little early for free agent speculation -- it depends in part on whether they cut Bowen and Oberto (both have partial guarantees). As for short-term pickups, I think they'd definitely look at bringing back Rasho Nesterovic if he can reach a buyout deal with the Pacers.

Max (Indy): Anything happening with the Pacers?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:46 PM ET ) Apparently not. The Chandler deal was always going to be a long shot -- I'm guessing Indy put Jeff Foster in the deal instead of doing Rasho + Daniels, because they couldn't afford to add so much payroll next year. I'll repeat that that was a guess, by the way

Shing (NYC): Hear anything about Danny Granger injury yet?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (3:49 PM ET ) Nada. Kind of been swept under the rug today, but if he's out you can pretty much rule out Indy making a playoff charge.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Hollinger Chat! Pacers Mentioned (and I get a question in..Hollinger hates me lol)

Which one are you?

Default Re: Hollinger Chat! Pacers Mentioned (and I get a question in..Hollinger hates me lol)

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which one are you?
    lol sorry I went with a Spurs question over my Pacers question. It paid off.

Chaz (NJ): The Spurs definitely dropped the ball on the VC trade. Hill and Mason are no excuse for not getting Carter.

John Hollinger: (3:57 PM ET ) Thought it was the right move for them. In that market, you can't compete if you have bad contracts. Carter was too great a risk of becoming a bad contract in the ending years of the deal.

Mood

Okay...lol

....and as of 3pm, Joe Duamrs is now king. Every team in luxury tax hell has him and only him to bail them out.

Disco (Chicago): Chad Ford said the Wizards HAD to get a deal done and yet nothing, why not?

John Hollinger: (3:55 PM ET ) I; shocked and I think they're delusional. really, you want to pay the tax to see if Jamison, Butler and Arenas can go 42-40 and finish 27th in Defensive Efficiency again?At what point do you suppose they'll accept the idea that they aren't contenders and never were? It's going to cost them a lot more to make the same kind of deals this summer once they wake up and smell the coffee -- they may end up having to give Butler to Detroit.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Caron Butler and Tayshaun Prince on the same team along with Rip Hamilton? But that would push one of those guys out of the starting lineup....oh wait.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    Caron Butler and Tayshaun Prince on the same team along with Rip Hamilton? But that would push one of those guys out of the starting lineup....oh wait.
    Not if you start all of them together in a Rodney Stuckey-Rip-Caron-Tay smallball lineup...woo Michael Curry!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    ....and as of 3pm, Joe Duamrs is now king. Every team in luxury tax hell has him and only him to bail them out.
    Just a question...but how will this help the coaching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Just a question...but how will this help the coaching situation?
    None. We're going nowhere this year. But next year with a new coach we should be good to go.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

None. We're going nowhere this year. But next year with a new coach we should be good to go.
    Wow is it just you or do all piston fans blame Curry for not being a title contender this yr? Pre-season hopes a little high?

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post
    Wow is it just you or do all piston fans blame Curry for not being a title contender this yr? Pre-season hopes a little high?
    Roster wise they are clearly the 4th (maybe even 3rd with Jameer out) best team in the East. They haven't played like it. That is mostly due to Curry.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Roster wise they are clearly the 4th (maybe even 3rd with Jameer out) best team in the East. They haven't played like it. That is mostly due to Curry.
    I dont know about that, roster wise theres no way they are top 4. They have no depth up front, Rasheed plays O like Troy now, theres no way he posts up more than 5 times in a game. And its pretty apparent they have no chemistry since they got rid of Billups. To blame the fact they are no longer a contender on Curry is unjustified to me.

Mood

So it's a sure thing that Curry will be gone?

I hope you don't take this as me bashing your team. It's just nice to know how fans of other teams feel about their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by ReginaldWayne View Post
    I dont know about that, roster wise theres no way they are top 4. They have no depth up front, Rasheed plays O like Troy now, theres no way he posts up more than 5 times in a game. And its pretty apparent they have no chemistry since they got rid of Billups. To blame the fact they are no longer a contender on Curry is unjustified to me.
    Rasheed may play O like Troy but he doesn't play D like Troy.

And if they aren't top 4 who is? Atlanta? Miami? Philly? I'd take Detroit any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    Rasheed may play O like Troy but he doesn't play D like Troy.

And if they aren't top 4 who is? Atlanta? Miami? Philly? I'd take Detroit any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Id have to say yes to Atl, I think they beat Detroit in a 7 game series.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yeah, I'd have to say Atlanta is better than Detroit. And I'll take D-Wade in 7 against anyone in the East except Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

I agree that both of those teams would probably win a 7 game series. But neither Atlanta or Miami is better on paper. Which was the original point.

-Lance Stephenson

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Stat - I know Curry has issues, but I don't get how you can't see that AI has proven for a 3rd time that he's more hype and stats than substance. He's become the ARod of the NBA. I loved Billups and and Dre Miller before both of those trades, and in the end both proved them out much better than AI.

It's fine to go pull Jammie or Butler off the Wiz, but you've got high quality guys still at the SG and SF, and then with J it's not a step forward because Sheed has been a much better defender and can still step up just like AJ and hit that deep ball. Maybe Sheed is losing his step, but my point is that AJ won't be a true equal value replacement simply due to the defensive end.

Sometimes the "prize" isn't worth winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Stat - I know Curry has issues, but I don't get how you can't see that AI has proven for a 3rd time that he's more hype and stats than substance. He's become the ARod of the NBA. I loved Billups and and Dre Miller before both of those trades, and in the end both proved them out much better than AI.
    It isn't Iverson's fault the offensive sets are terrible and rasheed is mailing the season in.

This team wouldn't be quite as bad with billups, but it would still be much worse than last year.

It's fine to go pull Jammie or Butler off the Wiz, but you've got high quality guys still at the SG and SF, and then with J it's not a step forward because Sheed has been a much better defender and can still step up just like AJ and hit that deep ball. Maybe Sheed is losing his step, but my point is that AJ won't be a true equal value replacement simply due to the defensive end.

Sometimes the "prize" isn't worth winning.
    Butler was only an example. A large number of teams are in similar situations (see: Milwaukee with Bogut).

It's also very possible the wizards will opt to keep all 3 guys and deal away their top-5 pick to us in exchange for salary relief.

My original point was that dumars has a ton of options.