Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel bad for Croshere

Default Re: I feel bad for Croshere

I don't want to put words in your mouth so correct me if I'm wrong with my working assumption then.

You feel that Austin is a decent but unspectacular defender in the post & you feel he is a liability on the wings. Is that about right?

If that is the case I won't try & state otherwise because I tend to agree with that assesment. He will never be good vs. Garnett but would be ok vs. Olawakandi (at least that is what I think).

So overall Jeff Foster has an advantage vs. Croshere on the defensive end. But it's not worlds apart correct? I mean were not talking Ben Wallace vs. Glen Robinson differance are we? Personnaly I don't think so.

Now let's juxstapose this a little.

Is Jeff Foster in the same league with Austin Croshere on the offensive end?

My guess is that you would have to admit that he is not. Jeff has gotten at least to the point where we don't cringe whenever he gets the ball. Actually he is developing a decent jumper from the wing, not Brad Miller good, but decent none-the-less.

But even still he is not nearly as good as Austin. We are talking T.R. Dunn vs. George Gervin differance here, IMO.

You have admitted that the rebounding is debatable. Which is shocking, I admit. But since you have admitted that, isn't that the one big thing that Foster is supposed to bring to the deck?

I guess what I'm getting at is this.

If Foster is only slightly better as a defender (worse in the post, better on the wings = slightly better to me)
    Has no real great rebounding advantage.

Is about = in passing (althought I think Cro is better but I'll conced they are = for this argument)
    Is far & away worse on the offensive end.

Why should Jeff Foster get all of the min. at the center spot again? I don't get it.

What one thing makes it that Cro couldn't do at least as good a job, if not better, than Foster?

I am not 100% saying Cro should start over Foster but IMO Austin should never get a DNP-CD again & IMO should get some of Fosters min.

Peck, I have to give you a lot of credit. Anyone who can work T.R. Dunn into a post deserves a couple of

If you go back and read my most recent post, you'll notice I never said that I thought Croshere was as good a low post defender even against the big strong offensive players, I said that Croshere is good at using his body, but I still think Foster is better in those situations.

Offensively, Croshere is better than Foster, no argument there, but I don't like a front line of J.O, Artest and Cro, all three want the ball and I just like the balance of Foster with J.O and Ron.

Really nothing else to say on this topic, I just think Foster makes the Pacers a better team than Croshere does.
    I've got the answer. Since J.O., Artest & Cro all want the ball let's eliminate Artest.

I think you are underestimating Austins ability to be a team player. I think if Carlisle told Austin to go out there & do nothing but rebound & defend he would put 100% into trying to do it.

I'll be fair though & say the same thing about Jeff. If Carlisle wanted him to go out & shoot the three he would try his darndest to do it.

We'll just agree to disagree on this, but in fairness again, both sets of coaching staffs have agree with you.

But you were still wrong about Brad Miller.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

All these things in which everyone says Foster is better, I still the Cro is pretty good at. He really does try hard when he is playing, and rebounds pretty well. Whenever he is on the floor, I always see him going after the ball, and he boxes out real well. Foster might be slightly better in this and in D, but honestly, Cro isn't all that bad.

When Cro has been in, he has been productive. Since this is the case, why shouldn't we give him more minutes? I really think we should. I think Artest gets too many minutes, and JO could lose 1 or 2. Foster as well. That should open up maybe 10-15 min per for him to work with, which is better than what he is getting now. He could be a solid contributer, and should be.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

All these things in which everyone says Foster is better, I still the Cro is pretty good at. He really does try hard when he is playing, and rebounds pretty well. Whenever he is on the floor, I always see him going after the ball, and he boxes out real well. Foster might be slightly better in this and in D, but honestly, Cro isn't all that bad.

When Cro has been in, he has been productive. Since this is the case, why shouldn't we give him more minutes? I really think we should. I think Artest gets too many minutes, and JO could lose 1 or 2. Foster as well. That should open up maybe 10-15 min per for him to work with, which is better than what he is getting now. He could be a solid contributer, and should be.
    These are my thoughts exactly, but I'm alway afraid that Uncle Buck will on us if somebody mentions that Ron can play one less min. a game than he gets now.

I agree with the 10-15 min. every game theory.

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

imo, the argument should be croshere vs pollard and not croshere vs foster. both croshere and foster have been effective when given minutes. pollard, well... ed: you can easily get cro's 10-15 min from pollard. still not enough, really, but there just are not enough minutes to go around.