Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Latest Trade Rumors

Default Re: Latest Trade Rumors

Well after reading the Hoosierisms, it makes me want to ask the question.

Is our children learning?

Quote credit to W.

Rick in Indy:
    Any Pacers rumors??

Steve Kyler:
    None really... they are absolutely interested in moving Tinsley, but no one is calling... they are turning away offers on their ending deals - they want to shed those costs.
    Hoopsworld

Just as I thought , with the economy and the league losing revenue overall the small market teams like the Pacers are getting killed.

All we can hope for is to somehow get lucky like Miami did and get a high lottery pick.
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe the Pacers would be foolish to take on a great deal of salary at this point. They aren't poised to make a leap, and trying to get a name like Bosh or Stoudemire is problematic for two reasons. First, it's unlikely that we have the package to get them. Second, any package would probably be devastating financially and would likely just be an 18-month rental.

At this point, I think they're looking for a Tinsley deal, and I hope they're willing to be salary neutral on it (Mohammed, Gadz). Beyond that, I am expecting them to sit on Daniels, Baston, and Rasho, and let those contracts expire at year end.

I think payroll and business is going to be the only driver for most of the teams in the NBA over the next couple of years.
    I do not doubt that Bird is looking for trades to improve this team....but his hands are likely tied due to the scare of the Luxury Tax and what our Capspace situation will look in the 2009-2010 season.

The only trade that I would consider would be some Tinsley+Marquis for a solid Low-Post scoring/defending PF that has a comprable 3 year deal with a $11 mil per year / $33 mil guaranteed contract that expires after the 2010-2011 season.

I know it's a long shot and not optimal....but for the team taking on Tinsley+Marquis ( specifically a ~$22 mil Guaranteed / ~$7 mil per year over a 3 year period along with a ~$6.5 mil Expiring Contract ) they would clear about $4+ mil a year in Salary Cap along with a couple of million over the same 3-year period.

For the Pacers, if ( through some miracle ) we could package Tinsley with Marquis and get back someone with no more then an $11 mil per year contract ( over the next 3 years ), then we would be in the same position if we kept Tinsley and tried to sign a $4+ mil a year player.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-18-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    Here is another thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...Roundup-090218

John Hollinger: I'm hearing for the first time discussion of the Bulls moving Kirk Hinrich, though the destination is still unknown -- "not Portland," my spy says.
    Such a deal makes great sense for the Bulls but it's hard to know who would find his contract palatable in these times.
    The Bulls also want to move Andres Nocioni. No surprise there -- the news is that7I hear they may actually succeed.

---------------------

It doesn't say where Hinrich or maybe Nocioni are headed. They both have descending contracts which is interesting. Hinrich is known for defense and Nocioni for toughness. Both things I think the Pacers need. I liked/hated Nocioni of 3 years ago, when he was largely thought of as a guy people hated to play (borderline dirty). Hinrich would be an upgrade at point, imo, but not the way he's playing this year.

With all of this said, I can't see hitching the wagon to either one for 3 more years, which seems to be what their contracts are.

There is more under that link, btw.
    In my NBA2k9 fantasy world where I am the Pacers GM, I would offer Tinsley+Jack for Hinrich. I know the Bulls wouldn't do it in real life.....but it would save them about $13+ mil in guaranteed $$, Tinsley's contract would come off a year early in the 2011-2012 season while shaving off about $2-3 mil per year in the 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 salary cap.

I then wouldn't have to worry about seeing JO'B using a Ford/Jack combo on the floor to close out games and we upgrade our PG/SG rotation

I'm pretty sure that the Bulls would get way better offers....but I can dream.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-18-2009 at 05:40 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    In years past, I think, Bird will have a post trade deadline press conference. Here's the cliff notes if no trades are made:

-We talked to every team in the league.

-Nothing that would have made us better without giving up too much or putting us over the Luxury tax.

-We feel like with the injuries we've had that this team is better than their record.

-They've proven they can beat anyone.

-We look forward to a deep draft class and will try to pick up more picks, if possible.

-We think we can improve with BRush, McBob, and Roy this offseason.

-We'll have to make some decisions on Jack and Marquis and others this offseason.

-We are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Any questions?

Yeah, can you send Bird a copy of your post, so he'll know what to say when it comes time to say something?