Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Trade Rumors

Default Re: Latest Trade Rumors

Can't you still sign and trade Boozer to basically any team with a matching salary, though?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't you still sign and trade Boozer to basically any team with a matching salary, though?

Utah can, but if they could afford that, they would simply re-sign him themselves.

They are looking to pay Millsap and Deron, not boozer.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

i doubt utah does a sign and trade. they are up against the LT and would want cap space to sign milsap.

boozer is a great player, but i honestly think utah would rather have milsap due to age, health, $$$, etc.

i think they are looking at three differenct scenarios, with the later being the prefered.

if boozer doesn't opt out - utah will lose milsap. no way they can afford him.
    if he does opt out - they lose boozer to FA for nothing and keep milsap
    trade him for expirings and a pick/young player. this way they get to keep milsap but also get something of value for boozer.

I think the Carter - McGrady one makes a whole lot more sense. I don't get why the Nets wouldn't it - they're not going to get a better deal, I don't think. That is a HUGE expiring in 2010.

When is AK47's albatross up? That would make a big difference. I would guess, though, they are stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    I think the Carter - McGrady one makes a whole lot more sense. I don't get why the Nets wouldn't it - they're not going to get a better deal, I don't think. That is a HUGE expiring in 2010.

Speaking of T Mac, would it suprise anyone if it was announced at some point soon, he was just going to call it a career?

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me, at all.

- One dark horse to keep an eye on is the Indiana Pacers. The Pacers have a number of expiring contracts on the roster including: Rasho Nesterovic ($8.4 million), Marquis Daniels ($6.86 million), Maceo Baston ($1.97 million), Stephen Graham ($826,269) and Josh McRoberts ($711,517). To be very clear, none of the folks I have spoken with have told me the Pacers are discussing any deals that are imminent. That said, given the value of expiring contracts in the trade market right now, don't be surprised if a team interested in cutting future payroll approaches the Pacers with a proposal.
    What the heck man? If we don't make a move by the deadline then it most be the Simons are losing too much money and want to shed payroll.

I look at the "proposed deals" that have expiring contracts and unlike Lafrentz, etc. we have expiring s that can actually produce this year!!

I , for one, will be really disappointing if it turns out we we were not heavily active in trade talks.
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Mourning View Post
    There's not enough teams enough under the cap to be able to pay him the salary that he will be wanting/asking/demanding (choose your preference). Detroit is one of the very few exceptions.

Everybody considered Miami a natural destination, but with them taking Beasley and allready having Haslem I was always a little skeptical about that. A good Center and a first rate PG seemed much more logical.

Regards,

Mourning
    Yes I understand that, but why not Utah?

I can't imagine the Jazz will let him go without getting anything in return. Sign and trade maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by PugdOut View Post
    I , for one, will be really disappointing if it turns out we we were not heavily active in trade talks.
    In my mind, there is absolutely no doubt that the Pacers are heavily involved in trade talks. Whether anything gets done or not is a totally different question. Bird is not going to deal just for the sake of dealing, and I think he'll find a hard time finding a deal that both he and the Simons like.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 31andonly View Post
    Yes I understand that, but why not Utah?

I can't imagine the Jazz will let him go without getting anything in return. Sign and trade maybe?
    I don't think that the Jazz can S&T Boozer before the Trade Deadline....I think that they can trade Boozer to whatever team for whatever value and Salary that they can get for Boozer's 2008-2009 salary. I think the Team getting him can then try to work out an extension maybe?

However, what clouds the issue is whether a Team would want to give up Tradeable assets for Boozer now when he has played very little games due to injury. If I were a GM that is really interested in signing Boozer in the offseason, I thought that I could work out an extension after acquiring him in before this trade deadline AND I could give up very little in tradeable assets to acquire him and/or move some contracts in the process....I guess I would consider it....otherwise...it would make sense to simply wait til he becomes a FA and just sign him outright later without giving up too much.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-18-2009 at 12:55 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

In years past, I think, Bird will have a post trade deadline press conference. Here's the cliff notes if no trades are made:

-We talked to every team in the league.

-Nothing that would have made us better without giving up too much or putting us over the Luxury tax.

-We feel like with the injuries we've had that this team is better than their record.

-They've proven they can beat anyone.

-We look forward to a deep draft class and will try to pick up more picks, if possible.

-We think we can improve with BRush, McBob, and Roy this offseason.

-We'll have to make some decisions on Jack and Marquis and others this offseason.

-We are still in the hunt for the playoffs.

Any questions?

-We look forward to a deep draft class and will try to pick up more picks, if possible.
    I think you're right on with the exception of this one. He might say it, but it's a lot less true than the others. That's the kicker about your post, it's that pretty much everything is true.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

In years past, I think, Bird will have a post trade deadline press conference. Here's the cliff notes if no trades are made:

-Nothing that would have made us better without giving up too much or putting us over the Luxury tax.

-We feel like with the injuries we've had that this team is better than their record.

-We'll have to make some decisions on Jack and Marquis and others this offseason.

Any questions?
    True...plus he'll say how proud he is of these kids and how hard they are working.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Any questions?

Cue audio tape "Donnie Walsh 1998"
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

I was trying to work in some Hoosierisms like saying Warsh instead of Wash, but I couldn't make it happen.

Wait...

-We had several trade offers, but they would have been a warsh on whether they would have made us better on not. I guess I'm trying to say they wouldn't have came out in the warsh.

I believe the Pacers would be foolish to take on a great deal of salary at this point. They aren't poised to make a leap, and trying to get a name like Bosh or Stoudemire is problematic for two reasons. First, it's unlikely that we have the package to get them. Second, any package would probably be devastating financially and would likely just be an 18-month rental.

At this point, I think they're looking for a Tinsley deal, and I hope they're willing to be salary neutral on it (Mohammed, Gadz). Beyond that, I am expecting them to sit on Daniels, Baston, and Rasho, and let those contracts expire at year end.

I think payroll and business is going to be the only driver for most of the teams in the NBA over the next couple of years.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

-We talked to ever team in the league.

-Nuttin that would have made us better without givin' up too much or puttin' us over the Luxry tax.

-We feel like with the injuries we've had that this team is better than there record showd.

-They've proved they can beat anyone.

Any questions?
    fixed
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Awesome!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...adeTalk-090218
    Originally Published: February 16, 2009
    Latest trade buzz: One day to go

Is Brad Miller on the move? Will the Cavs make a deal? Here's the latest trade chatter.

By Marc Stein
    ESPN.com
    Archive

Chris Graythen/Getty ImagesA handful of teams are still interested in acquiring center Brad Miller from the Kings.
    The latest dribbles of chatter from the front-office grapevine to guide you in advance of Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, culled from conversations with various team officials and player agents:
    We know of three trade scenarios involving Brad Miller. They surfaced this week with the Kings' pushing hard to move the veteran center before Thursday's deadline.
    Rumor Central

Keep up with all the latest NBA trade rumors and analysis of deadline deals with Insider. Rumor Central
    O'Neal hurts Heat
    Analysis: Chandler trade

The Kings, sources say, were rejected by New York when they offered Miller and Kenny Thomas -- two contracts that end just in time for the summer of 2010 free-agent pursuit of LeBron James -- for Stephon Marbury's $20.8 million expiring contract. All signs point to Marbury's remaining on the Knicks' roster through the deadline, after which he'll have just more than a week to negotiate his release if he hopes to be eligible for the playoffs with any other team. The Kings and Knicks continue to discuss an alternative package for Miller, which would feature the $7.6 million expiring contract of New York's Malik Rose. Sacramento, though, also is seeking Nate Robinson in that scenario, which isn't going to happen because the Knicks -- fond as team president Donnie Walsh is of Miller dating to their Indiana days -- are too high on Robinson.
    The Kings likewise have talked with Chicago about a still-developing swap that would net Andres Nocioni and Drew Gooden's $7.2 million expiring contract for Miller and swingman John Salmons.

Salmons is the Sacramento player generating the most interest.
    The Mavericks and Kings have been exchanging proposals involving the 29-year-old for some time. Portland and Oklahoma City also are frequently linked with Salmons.
    San Antonio, meanwhile, is in the hunt as well, pursuing Salmons -- with an offer of Bruce Bowen and Ime Udoka -- as a far more affordable trade target for its perimeter rotation than Vince Carter. New Jersey's Carter has tempted the small-market Spurs for days but can be absorbed by them only in a hugely expensive and complicated deal.
    The Mavericks have been offering Jerry Stackhouse's virtual expiring contract ($7 million this season, only $2 million guaranteed next season) and Brandon Bass ($826,000) to the Kings since this past summer, when Sacramento was shopping Ron Artest. The biggest obstacle for Dallas on a Salmons deal has been the Kings' insistence that the Mavericks -- lacking draft picks to sweeten the deal -- also take back guard Beno Udrih, who has four years and nearly $27 million remaining on his contract after this season.
    There is another complication for interested parties: Sources revealed Tuesday that Salmons has a 15 percent trade kicker in his contract that would require the team that acquires him to pay him a bonus of nearly $2 million and add that figure to its payroll. Salmons otherwise would rank as one of the league's better bargains, earning just $5.1 million this season while averaging 18.3 points and shooting 47.2 percent from the field and 41.8 percent on 3-pointers.

The Wizards, sources said, quickly rebuffed Cleveland's offer of Wally Szczerbiak's $13.8 million expiring contract for former All-Star forward Antawn Jamison.
    One source with knowledge of the Wizards' thinking said Tuesday that team president Ernie Grunfeld is determined to continue resisting interest in Jamison and Caron Butler because the club has renewed hope that injured starters Gilbert Arenas and Brendan Haywood will play in a small handful of games before the season ends, affording the Wiz an opportunity to evaluate the full team they hoped to field this season.
    With Arenas and Haywood both having missed the entire season so far, Washington has cratered to a nightmare record of 12-42.
    The Cavs, meanwhile, are expected to shift their focus from Jamison to making a final pitch (or three) for Clippers center Marcus Camby, after being convinced in this week's talks that the Wizards are not interested in parting with the 32-year-old in spite of their luxury-tax concerns.
    The Clippers have been saying for weeks that Camby and rookie guard Eric Gordon are their only untouchables in trade talks, but history says Clippers owner Donald Sterling is bound to be tempted by the opportunity to remove Camby's $9.7 million from next season's payroll if presented with Szczerbiak's contract on deadline day ... unless L.A. can move Chris Kaman's longer contract first.
    "The Cavs are definitely being super aggressive," one Eastern Conference executive said. "They see this economic frenzy out there with so many teams trying to get off money and lower their payrolls like New Orleans did [by trading Tyson Chandler] and they want to capitalize. If they can spend now to help them keep LeBron later, they're going to do it."

The Bulls have been shopping Larry Hughes and Gooden for months, but multiple executives suggested Tuesday night that Kirk Hinrich suddenly was closer to relocation than any other Bull entering the final day and a half of trading.
    Minnesota, according to NBA front-office sources, has strong interest in Hinrich and is pursuing the 28-year-old to address a void at lead guard that hasn't been filled by Randy Foye (whose success this season came after a shift to shooting guard) or the undependable Sebastian Telfair.
    The Wolves also have two expiring contracts of their own (Jason Collins and Rashad McCants) that they're prepared to shed.
    Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

I have to wonder why there's been so much talk but virtually no action. Something makes me think the Pacers are intent in only trading Tinsley. Dropping their payroll by 5-10M next year and surviving the economy.
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Any questions?
    You left one out.

-Because of the injuries, and the overall changes to our roster, we really don't know yet how this team will play together given more time. We really don't know what we have right now.

I was trying to work in some Hoosierisms like saying Warsh instead of Wash, but I couldn't make it happen.
    That's because you got distracted by looking out your winders. I know, its fustrating.

Here is another thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...Roundup-090218

John Hollinger: I'm hearing for the first time discussion of the Bulls moving Kirk Hinrich, though the destination is still unknown -- "not Portland," my spy says.
    Such a deal makes great sense for the Bulls but it's hard to know who would find his contract palatable in these times.
    The Bulls also want to move Andres Nocioni. No surprise there -- the news is that I hear they may actually succeed.

---------------------

It doesn't say where Hinrich or maybe Nocioni are headed. They both have descending contracts which is interesting. Hinrich is known for defense and Nocioni for toughness. Both things I think the Pacers need. I liked/hated Nocioni of 3 years ago, when he was largely thought of as a guy people hated to play (borderline dirty). Hinrich would be an upgrade at point, imo, but not the way he's playing this year.

With all of this said, I can't see hitching the wagon to either one for 3 more years, which seems to be what their contracts are.

There is more under that link, btw.
    Last edited by Speed; 02-18-2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    fixed
    Good job, geezer. You showed Speed that it ain't nuculer science.