Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 64

Thread: It has been too quiet

  1. #1
    Member jeffg-body's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Anderson, IN
    Posts
    3,444
    Mood

    Default It has been too quiet

    I don't know how everyone else feels but it never seems like there are much leaks to a trade when it happens with the Pacers. The past few days have gone pretty dry so does anyone else think there is something bigger than a Tinman for anything breathing trade in the works?

  2. #2
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    I have a feeling something will come through with in the next 3 days. Majority of the Pacers trades dont leak, its really rare that happens. I also dont see Bird letting both Rasho and Daniels just expiring. I can see him moving atleast 1 of them, if not both. It'll be assets going to waste.

    Lets hope something can happen to sneak into the playoffs.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    I hope so im getting sorta anxious as well.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Boring All-Star Weekend interrupted all of the exciting trade speculation. Thank God it's over.

  5. #5
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    I hope we're still in the run for Amare. Most rumors have Bulls and Blaze as front runners. If Bird makes a move for Amare, we're saying bye to a lot of players and picks. But I think in it'll be better for us. I wouldnt even mind Tyrus Thomas coming here. Hes starting to play well also now
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  6. #6
    DIET COKE! Trader Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Troll Hunting
    Age
    26
    Posts
    30,928

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Portland is not gonna move for Amare.

    “WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

  7. #7
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,935

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a feeling something will come through with in the next 3 days. Majority of the Pacers trades dont leak, its really rare that happens. I also dont see Bird letting both Rasho and Daniels just expiring. I can see him moving atleast 1 of them, if not both. It'll be assets going to waste.

    Lets hope something can happen to sneak into the playoffs.
    For some reason, I don't see the Simons saving upwards of $15M dollars as... "Going to waste". Especially for next season if things locally stay the way they are. STH renewals might be a real mission this year.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  8. #8
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For some reason, I don't see the Simons saving upwards of $15M dollars as... "Going to waste". Especially for next season if things locally stay the way they are. STH renewals might be a real mission this year.
    Would you say that if we were to get an all star players like Amare (along with Granger), it would help us get into the playoffs and being fans to games to increase revenue.

    But obviously you have to look at the risk analysis. Will getting someone like Amare, who obviously will cost a lot (letting go of expirers and accepting his $15 million/season salary), sell tickets and help the franchise make money? If we dont end up moving Tinsley, Dunleavy or Murphy we would be VERY VERY close to the luxury tax.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  9. #9
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boring All-Star Weekend interrupted all of the exciting trade speculation. Thank God it's over.
    Since this single event is a time when ALL teams meet in a single location before the Trade Deadline.....I've read that ASW is the time when GMs get together and discuss any possible trades.

    To be honest, I'm not going to hold my breath on anything happening though.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  10. #10
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,609

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say that if we were to get an all star players like Amare (along with Granger), it would help us get into the playoffs and being fans to games to increase revenue.

    But obviously you have to look at the risk analysis. Will getting someone like Amare, who obviously will cost a lot (letting go of expirers and accepting his $15 million/season salary), sell tickets and help the franchise make money? If we dont end up moving Tinsley, Dunleavy or Murphy we would be VERY VERY close to the luxury tax.
    Nope, we wouldn't be "VERY VERY close" to the luxury tax, we would be OVER the Luxury Tax and would still have to sign 4-5 players.

    Amare to the Pacers IS NOT going to happen.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  11. #11

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For some reason, I don't see the Simons saving upwards of $15M dollars as... "Going to waste". Especially for next season if things locally stay the way they are. STH renewals might be a real mission this year.
    Exactly. I highly doubt any trades (outside of Tinsley) would be made, especially with the expirings.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Is been quiet because the NBA stop any trade for happening during the NBA All Star weekend. I could see the pacers trading some guys just for cap release purpose, I don't see them going over the luxury tax, their situation is not the worse in the NBA but they are not making any money. I want Tinsley gone but Larry bird is maybe asking to much for him by trying to get expiring contracts for him.

  13. #13
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is been quiet because the NBA stop any trade for happening during the NBA All Star weekend. I could see the pacers trading some guys just for cap release purpose, I don't see them going over the luxury tax, their situation is not the worse in the NBA but they are not making any money. I want Tinsley gone but Larry bird is maybe asking to much for him by trying to get expiring contracts for him.
    If the Pacers were to trade expirers for a player with a big contract (ie Amare, who was discussed earlier in this thread), then the Pacers would go over luxury tax
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  14. #14
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    What exactly is the push for the Suns to move Amare? Is it a luxury tax thing? Is he unhappy? What's the deal?

  15. #15
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is the push for the Suns to move Amare? Is it a luxury tax thing? Is he unhappy? What's the deal?
    I think Amare is just being a pain in the butt for the Suns. I think hes starting to complain that Shaq is getting most of the touches (kind of like how Marion complained about Amare). And I think its getting to the point where Amare is being a negative influence in the locker room
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  16. #16
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Amare is just being a pain in the butt for the Suns. I think hes starting to complain that Shaq is getting most of the touches (kind of like how Marion complained about Amare). And I think its getting to the point where Amare is being a negative influence in the locker room
    I'm wondering if the coaching switch will make a difference in his attitude.

  17. #17

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you say that if we were to get an all star players like Amare (along with Granger), it would help us get into the playoffs and being fans to games to increase revenue.

    But obviously you have to look at the risk analysis. Will getting someone like Amare, who obviously will cost a lot (letting go of expirers and accepting his $15 million/season salary), sell tickets and help the franchise make money? If we dont end up moving Tinsley, Dunleavy or Murphy we would be VERY VERY close to the luxury tax.

    Bird traded over half of our team this summer and it didn't help raise attendance as much as they needed it too. I doubt they they try anything that risky right now, especially with the cap relief we are going to get this summer. And even if it did help us make the playoffs, would it be worth going over the cap to lose to Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando in the first round?

  18. #18
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by switch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird traded over half of our team this summer and it didn't help raise attendance as much as they needed it too. I doubt they they try anything that risky right now, especially with the cap relief we are going to get this summer. And even if it did help us make the playoffs, would it be worth going over the cap to lose to Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando in the first round?
    Traded half the team? I think that might be a overstatement. JO, Shawne Williams, Ike, and Bayless were the only I can think of that got traded (that were on the 07-08 roster). Players that were traded were traded for their attitude, offcourt and on-court issues. Bird didnt want anyone ruining the chemistry of this team.

    If we save all the expirer and let them expire in the summer, we still cannot sign a player to too big of a contract. Once Granger's extension kicks in, we're going to be over the salary cap and (I think) the only salary we could offer a player is the MLE. The only way for us to acquire a big named PF/C will be through a trade of some sort, because signing a player over the MLE this summer isnt happening.

    ** I might be wrong with what I said above, hence why I wrote 'I think'...Maybe someone like Count would be able to further exampling that"
    Last edited by MillerTime; 02-16-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  19. #19
    Get well PG! QuickRelease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    4,767

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by switch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bird traded over half of our team this summer and it didn't help raise attendance as much as they needed it too. I doubt they they try anything that risky right now, especially with the cap relief we are going to get this summer. And even if it did help us make the playoffs, would it be worth going over the cap to lose to Boston, Cleveland, or Orlando in the first round?
    IF we picked up Amare, I think our chances improve dramatically to beat a Cleveland, or Orlando. That said, I seriously doubt our chances to reel someone like Amare in.

  20. #20
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    IF we picked up Amare, I think our chances improve dramatically to beat a Cleveland, or Orlando. That said, I seriously doubt our chances to reel someone like Amare in.
    definitely, I strongly believe that if we could get someone like Amare, we could be the 4th best time in the East (behind Orland, Boston, and Cleavland..and yes, better than the Pistons). This doesn't mean that we'll finish 4th in the east because our records has been so bad throughout more than half the season
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  21. #21

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is the push for the Suns to move Amare? Is it a luxury tax thing?

    Yes, it is a LT thing. Sarver, the owner, wants to get the Suns payroll down. He does care if it's done with Amare or Shaq. Problem with moving Shaq is his contract and being 37. He wants expiring, young players, and picks for Amare. Notice, I put expiring contract as #1. It's all about money.

    I really don't believe a lot of fans realize how much this economy has hurt the finances of NBA ownership. Yes, these owners are million and billionaires, but owning a sports franchise is still a business. They didn't get being wealthy by losing money. Going over the LT forces them to pay dollar for dollar for any money over the LT not to mention the teams that don't go over the LT get to share in the money that is paid by the teams that do go over the LT which is around 3 mil. That 3 mil is a gift, and they want that gift of millions.

    Bottom line is EVERY team is looking to get in better financial shape. Most teams are looking to make trades are wanting expirings back to help them out. That makes getting trades made very difficult. We'd all love to trade Tinjury for an expiring, but that is never going to happen. Even getting a player in return that has a year less on their contract is a great dream. Teams aren't looking for players with contracts that ties them up salary wise.

    It's all about the economy and money, and I don't believe there will be a big flurry of trades because of it. I'm not looking for the Pacers to make any trades of their expirings only because of economics. JMOAA

  22. #22
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What exactly is the push for the Suns to move Amare? Is it a luxury tax thing? Is he unhappy? What's the deal?
    Suns want to be under the luxury tax threshold.

    The Suns, Bucks and Hornets are three teams that are expected to dump salary before this Thursday's trade deadline passes.

    Shaquille O'Neal's $20 million salary, which Phoenix acquired last season, has put the team over the luxury tax threshold and they are shopping the contract of Amare Stoudemire because of it.
    http://newsok.com/trading-to-save-su...adlines_widget
    Suns are basically looking for picks, expirers and young talent. We can meet all their requirements, the question is, do we want to? How greatly will Amare affect us? Will it be worth the risk?
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  23. #23

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    I don't see the Pacers interested in Amare due to the economic situation of the Pacers. For those that keep thinking this is a good deal, my feeling the bill payer, the Simons, aren't interested in the cost to them.

  24. #24
    FREE LANCE MillerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,825

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see the Pacers interested in Amare due to the economic situation of the Pacers. For those that keep thinking this is a good deal, my feeling the bill payer, the Simons, aren't interested in the cost to them.
    yup!! Its going to be a risk. If the Pacers are thinking about Amare, the Simons brother will have the final say in this, due to the financial situation it could leave the Pacers afterward
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.



  25. #25
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,633

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: It has been too quiet

    During the All-Star game last night it was mentioned that all 29 other teams in the league have called to inquire about what it would take to get Amare. So I'm pretty confident that the Pacers have at the least called the Suns about Amare.

    Also if that's true, that lets you know how good a player Amare is. If there's anyway the Pacers can get him, they should. You won't get anyone as good in the draft the next 2 seasons and no PF on the team has the potential to be as good as Amare.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

Similar Threads

  1. Harrison PO'd at Star
    By Sollozzo in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-31-2008, 11:38 PM
  2. The Wolf Game II: The Wolves Strike Back
    By btowncolt in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 731
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 04:21 AM
  3. Hawks new GM quiet on coach Woodson's future [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 10:10 PM
  4. Quiet, please: Son's arrest no big deal to Noah [ESPN]
    By RoboHicks in forum NBA Headlines (RSS Feeds)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •