Thread: Would You Enjoy this If PacersDigest Brought it Back ?

Offical Thread Killer TheSauceMaster's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Would You Enjoy this If PacersDigest Brought it Back ?

Okay I don't know how many of you longtime readers remember the Articles that people like UncleBuck , Shade , BBall and a few other used to write , but I know personally I enjoyed them when I was reading them.

Would any of the users be intrested in bringing this Back ? I am not sure how frequent articles would be , weekly , bi weekly or monthly would be some options but I couldn't say which cause depending on who was writing it would take time and some good effort and I can't say how much time everyone has

Maybe Hicks or someone could give some example links to show what I mean , I can't find them since this new format. I would love to help with this process if possiable , I think we have alot of knowledgable people who are on this forum.

So let the important people know your intrest with a reply please ,I really do think this could be fun and make this site even more valuable.

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: Would You Enjoy this If PacersDigest Brought it Back ?

Good point! I really liked reading those fan columns!er:
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I'm open to it, and I know rabidpacersfan talked with me more than once about it.

I think if it happens, rabid will make it be a part of the dribbler, and we'd figure out a way to seperately label "serious" and "joke" articles.

I'm game.

What about you past writers? Kegboy, Shade, Unclebuck, Bball, am I forgetting someone? (Is so sorry )

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm all for it. I just can't promise any specific time frame with all the other stuff I've got going on.

Maybe I'll throw something together if/when we don't get T-Mac...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Shade
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm all for it. I just can't promise any specific time frame with all the other stuff I've got going on.

Maybe I'll throw something together if/when we don't get T-Mac...
    Yeah that's why I think there should be atleast 5 writers min , it will help cover gaps I think. Like I said I can't speak for anyone else on how much time they have for such a effort so it really depends , I think you need a few dedicated people to provide atleast 1 article per month and they you can always have a few that are random.

Personally I thought it a bit . . . for want of a better word . . . a bit odd to have someone writing columns for a forum and then put the columns in another forum. Usually by the time I knew they were available, whatever the columnist was writing about was old news.

My question was, why couldn't the columnist just put the column in the forum? Just sticky the column at the top of the forum and then have an archive for all past columns.

Most people at least like a pat on the back if they are going to do what can be classified as work. Putting columns atop the forum will give writers reconition and generate discussion.

People come here for Pacers talk. Anything put anywhere other than the forum is just icing, and that's all it will ever be.

[edit=91=1088207155][/edit]

Mood

I kinda Agree with ya Will , but Too Many Sticky's is a Bad thing , so I dunno how that would work unless there was a forum just for this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSauceMaster
    I kinda Agree with ya Will , but Too Many Sticky's is a Bad thing , so I dunno how that would work unless there was a forum just for this.
    What's the point of doing something 'again' that didn't work the first time?We know it doesn't work in it's own forum. Can it be stickied in the pub? That seems like the only other viable choice to me.

I think we could sticky it here on the Pacers board, and just leave the newest article stickied, no more than 1 stickied at a time.

Mood

Well honestly I don't know why it didn't work out before as I wasn't around then , I just found the few I did read were intresting to me. I dunno if Hicks has the ability but I know with my site I can actually track traffic on what links get hit's , how many etc .

I just thought it might be something intresting to try again but

No I think one way or another we can make it work.

Just a matter of hammering out the ideas until we can settle on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks

Here's an idea. Everyone has heard of 'Letter's to the editor.' Put one of the mods in charge, and have something like a column to the editor instead. Everyone that wants to can submit a column and the mod can pick one to sticky. Maybe even have two or three columns in the same thread. Title it or them, 'Fan Facts' (someone can come up with a better name) and ask for submissions. Make it so people can't respond in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Will

Here's an idea. Everyone has heard of 'Letter's to the editor.' Put one of the mods in charge, and have something like a column to the editor instead. Everyone that wants to can submit a column and the mod can pick one to sticky. Maybe even have two or three columns in the same thread. Title it or them, 'Fan Facts' (someone can come up with a better name) and ask for submissions. Make it so people can't respond in that thread.
    I like this idea, but not in replacement of the idea of having standard writers. I like the idea of having it in addition to having standard writers.

woman without a team

What about you past writers? Kegboy, Shade, Unclebuck, Bball, am I forgetting someone? (Is so sorry )
    I guess I'll speak for Kegboy since he's on a Malibu beach right now.

From time to time he'll talk about writing another article, but he's either been busy with something else or was waiting until the season is over. When he has the time I'm sure the inspiration won't be far behind.

(If anything is spelled wrong its because the spell check wouldn't work.)

When Hicks asked me late last summer to write a periodic article, I was excited and honored to be asked, and I did write three articles, but I found that it was not worth the work. for a few reasons.

-- I did not think anyone was reading them, I know some did, but not enough to make it worth my time.

-- I write so much in the regular Pacers forum one of two thing were going to happen. Either I was going to end up repeating myself, or I would have had to write less in the forum, and I did not want to do that.

-- This might be hard to believe but I don't enjoy writing a long article without getting any feedback. I get rather bored writing my thougths and just leaving it at that, I like feedback and I like to discuss things. I would much rather write posts where there is immediate feedback from all of you and then we can discuss, otherwise I get rather bored with just me writing......if that makes any sense.

So I would not be interested if asked to write articles again. I try to start threads with mini articles

Unclebuck, what if this time the articles are posted right here on the Pacers board so they'd get instant feedback?

Unclebuck, what if this time the articles are posted right here on the Pacers board so they'd get instant feedback?

I might consider it.

I would enjoy it if from time to time some of the fans of other teams or people who "get hooked" on other teams would write about those other teams on occasion as well. I realize that this is a Pacer board so that may not fly but some people could do good stuff if not on the Pacers then on "their" team.

If this is a sticky type thing these can be moved off to the archive after a while too.

Mood

I'd really enjoy reading articles from posters on the board because in general I think they have a lot of knowledge (at least more than most writers) I never really got to experience your guyses articles as i arrived just a day or two before TSM.

Mood

Well I hope it comes back in some form , If it does I would hope Unclebuck would reconsider. I have a few pieces I am working on but not finished of course.

Mood

I'd love to read an article from you va.

What might work better then stickies, is a seperate forum BUT (yeah i know another forum we wont read )

IF we can agree on an article to be published on a set day of the week (or multiple if the "offer" is there) THEN everyone has a reason to go read and direct comment is possible.

There are already to much pinned threads as it is

I DO love to read the articles though

So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote Originally Posted by grace
    I guess I'll speak for Kegboy since he's on a Malibu beach right now.

From time to time he'll talk about writing another article, but he's either been busy with something else or was waiting until the season is over. When he has the time I'm sure the inspiration won't be far behind.

(If anything is spelled wrong its because the spell check wouldn't work.)
    What she said.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!