Thread: ESPN Hollinger Chat- Why Indy won't go after Amare (and Tins/Foster mentioned as well)

Default ESPN Hollinger Chat- Why Indy won't go after Amare (and Tins/Foster mentioned as well)

Kevin (Louiville): Are there any rumors about the Pacers out there. Do they have the assets to make a deal for Amare?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (12:34 PM ET ) They may have the assets to get him, depending on what the other offers are, but it's a moot point -- I'm told they're not interested. Indy is trying like crazy to move Jamaal Tinsley without taking on salary -- good luck with that.

Larry Bird Indiana: Explain to me again why I'm not interested in Amare?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (1:18 PM ET ) After what's happened there the past few years, Pacers only want Boy Scouts right now.

Mike (Albany, NY): Simmons said in his podcast the other day that you were coming on soon (can't wait for that), and also something about how Oden's great rebound rate should be looked at skeptically because he fouls so much going for rebounds... any thoughts?

SportsNation John Hollinger: (1:29 PM ET ) We'll hopefully do that soon, yes. As far as Oden, most of the best rebounders have the same problem. Jeff Foster, Reggie Evans, Joel Pryzbilla ... all those guys get tons of loose ball fouls.

Full Chat here.

Default Re: ESPN Hollinger Chat- Why Indy won't go after Amare (and Tins/Foster mentioned as well)

So Amare is not 'boy scout' enough for Bird. I never heard him having any off court issues. Id dont know about it locker room issues though
    Last edited by MillerTime; 02-12-2009 at 06:00 PM.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.