My nephew was an athlete at Harrison's high school, Brentwood Academy in Nashville, and knew him personally. Here's the report:
1. Nice guy, funny personality. Intelligent. Made As and Bs at a prestigious prep school. Did have a mischevious side to his personality that led to pranks, etc.
2. He definitely has a tendency to whine and he had a bit of a short fuse in high school, on and off the court. But its expected that he'll get over it in the NBA.
3. Played football for a state championship team in spite of the fact that the bball coaches urged him not to. He wanted to contribute and did. A real competitor. Passionate, aggressive defensive end and tight end. Played through injuries.
4. Is a good public speaker. One time a senior died in a four wheel accident. He gave a powerful eulogy.
5. He's never played for a good coach -- definitely not in high school and others agree the same for Colorado. With good coaching, he could really blossom.
6. On work ethic: was lazy his Freshman and sophomore year of high school, but began working hard in the summers the last two years and developed skills to win a state championship in basketball.
7. His dad was a football coach at Vanderbilt. His mom is a teacher in the public schools. They are divorced. Vanderbilt basketball was very, very interested in nabbing him but failed -- as did Kentucky, UNC, etc. -- but he followed his brother to Colorado, as other reports have indicated.