Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02/06/2009: IND/ORL Post-Game: Big Boy Roy holds his own and Pacers win!!!

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default 02/06/2009: IND/ORL Post-Game: Big Boy Roy holds his own and Pacers win!!!

Any comments from the peanut gallery?

Banned

Default Re: 02/06/2009: IND/ORL Post-Game: Big Boy Roy holds his own and Pacers win!!!

you see what happens when you play Rush and Roy? I hope the Pacers are listening to their fans. I also wanna see more of Mc Roberts

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Default Re: 02/06/2009: IND/ORL Post-Game: Big Boy Roy holds his own and Pacers win!!!

2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

Mood

If we lost this everyone would be talking about how JOB started with smallball at the 2nd half and allowed the Magic to erase a 10 point lead.

Good thing the Magic didn't have Lue tonight.

Excellent play by Rush and Roy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we lost this everyone would be talking about how JOB started with smallball at the 2nd half and allowed the Magic to erase a 10 point lead.

Lue is not going to make any difference, just wait another month and they are going to be looking for another point guard

It was a nice win over a very good team, and there was some good "D" played at times during the game. AND yes, I'm not an advocate of small ball.

Now, for a JO'B game rant.............................................. ................
    .................................................. ...............................................
    .................................................. ...............................................

Where does that man get those darn ugly ties? The tie had the Magic colors in it, plus it was ANOTHER blahzay stripe. Due to the win over Orlando, I'll cut him some slack tonight with just the tie comment.

You think Lue would have done more damage than Reddick and Lee?
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

Did you see AJ gassed?

I'm sure Lue would help at least to keep AJ a little fresher.

maybe the most impressive victory of the season - the defense was excellent and the dsire and effort was outstanding. Looks to me like the rookies did improve and learn by sitting on the bench

Hibbert played pretty well, but Rush went 0-2 from the floor in over 20 minutes.

Yes, he plays a lot better defense than our starters...but let's just say that's not big news.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    You think Lue would have done more damage than Reddick and Lee?
    I was actually very surprised and pleased by JJ's play, but not as a Pacer fan. Those 2 charges he drew maade me wonder why Foster and Dun couldn't get the same calls. (Did Roy have a blocking call too?)

Those 2 did work well. Not sure if it would when they hit the playoffs and someone starts pressuring JJ up the court.

Having Lue is better than Wilks, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    The tie had the Magic colors in it, plus it was ANOTHER blahzay stripe.
    Another sign he is paid by the opposition...

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Hibbert played pretty well, but Rush went 0-2 from the floor in over 20 minutes.

Yes, he plays a lot better defense than our starters...but let's just say that's not big news.
    Rush looked like he was in the flow of the game and not lost compared to earlier in the season while being a complete defensive liability. He was +1 on the +/-, which when you think of the strong wing players of Orlando... Pietrus and Hedo.. I'll take it...

He did have 5 rebounds in 20 minutes...

You could look at it that he only missed 2 shots tonight.

O'Brien interview stated the Pacers played a good tuff minded game, with Maceo taking the charge and Dun getting up in Redick's face "D" wise to get the bloody nose. Both were very important plays. The Pacers bigs really fouled Howard late in the game to help as well.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    maybe the most impressive victory of the season - the defense was excellent and the dsire and effort was outstanding. Looks to me like the rookies did improve and learn by sitting on the bench
    You think we'll look back at last night and tonight as Roy's coming out party?

Channeling Jimmy JJ Walker:

Roy is KRYPT-O-NITE!!!

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Knicks lose. Bobcats lose. Toronto's trying to lose. Good night for the Pacers.

Danny's energy in the 2nd half was a relief....I was worried he'd done what he could for the year, and would be sub-par the rest of the way.

For us, that was a nice defensive effort. But Orlando misses Jameer big time. They're going to fade some, I expect.
    Last edited by kester99; 02-06-2009 at 11:14 PM.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

I think that when teams make runs against us (which they do a lot because we become lax on defense and sloppy on offense), Danny needs to spend those times shooting to keep us ahead. That's when he's the most useful.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Like I said on the call in show, difference was free throws. First of my 5 dollar club level seats. Goin to the San Antonio game in April too. Nice seats.

OH YEAH!!! We actually won this!! Good to see the smiles, haven't seen those for a while!!

Now JOB just have to keep playing the rookies, and go down to D.C. and bust them up like Denver did today!

Go Pacers!!
    Last edited by PacersRule; 02-06-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Not to be negative, but it won't mean a thing unless we win the next three... and I can't even remember the last time we beat Cleveland. I was ready to just settle for the Lottery and then we beat a team like Orlando... these guys are killin me!

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Yay someone agrees with me. =)

Banned

The rest of the league needs to drop down to their knees and pray to the good Lord above that Dwight Howard never becomes a good, or even respectable, free throw shooter, because if he does, it's all over.

Roy looked very good, outside of the usual (fouls and rebounding). It's nice to have a big time shot blocking presence. He's got both a nice outside touch and inside moves, and I continue to be impressed with his passing. He's got top-10 center potential imo.

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

No Rasho or Quis. Odd.

Is a trade in the works?

I know Quis had a family issue, but maybe they told him to stay away an extra game because of a potential trade.

I would think Rasho would have gotten a least a couple of minutes (although I'd rather Roy get them).

Just wondering.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

Intuition over Integers McKeyFan's Avatar

It was nice to see Howard all frustrated. These superstars need some humble pie sometimes.

We swarmed him pretty well and stole the ball a bunch of times. Good job Pacers.

“People talk about how quiet he [McKey] is, but he’s really been helpful. He gives a lot of insight to players in how to guard certain teams and what their weaknesses are. The whole team listens to him, and it makes my job a lot easier. Having players like him is what pro basketball is all about for me.” —Larry Brown

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BleedBlue View Post
    Not to be negative, but it won't mean a thing unless we win the next three... and I can't even remember the last time we beat Cleveland. I was ready to just settle for the Lottery and then we beat a team like Orlando... these guys are killin me!

We don't need to win the next three. I'd be happy if we did, or take two of them. Really, if we finish 36-46 or better, we could have that 8th spot. The better the record, the more likely it is, of course, but not winning all 3 of the next 3 is not a show-stopper, as far as I can see...

And all this stress is good for your character, right?
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!