Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: chad ford said this about the Pacers/Amare in his chat today...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: chad ford said this about the Pacers/Amare in his chat today...

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow, some people think we could really get possibly the best offensive PF in the game without giving up one of the top 3 players on a lottery team. Amazing. Nobody wants Murphy.

I'd give them anyone except Granger. Then work to replace whoever they take with defensive role players.
    I'm with you man. If we can get him without giving up Granger, sign me up. He would make us an instant contender. Frankly, there is no way we will ever land Amare though. Other teams could offer more than us to be honest. I hear they really like TJ Ford, but they don't have another PG to give back to us. Dunleavy would probably be included. I'm sure they'd want Hibbert, which I don't see us risking for a possible one year rental, and Rush would probably be included.

All that being said, if we can get Granger and Amare on the same team, we are contenders. As long as we don't give up too much that will handicap us, it would be a deal we'd have to make. The Suns will probably have better offers though.

Quote Originally Posted by rexnom View Post
    Oh we definitely have the pieces. We have expirings that are useful players (Rasho, Quis), young guys (Rush, Hibbert), useful role players (Foster, Jack), a good pick, and even a borderline all-star to tempt them with (Dunleavy). I don't think the Pacers will pull the trigger on a deal like this, but they definitely have the pieces. I think Amare is rated a whole lot lower around the league than he is on this board. He's kind of a prima donna, a cancer, and a terrible, terrible, terrible defender. For a team like the Pacers, which already scores 110+ pts with ease, what help would he be?
    Would you trade Granger for a combo of expirings, young guys, useful role players, a decent pick in bad draft, or a border-line All-Star? I wouldn't, while they are in a different situation that us, Amare is still one of the best PF's in the NBA, he commands a lot of value.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise55 View Post
    Would you trade Granger for a combo of expirings, young guys, useful role players, a decent pick in bad draft, or a border-line All-Star?
    Apples and oranges, these are two quite different situations

Amare is still one of the best PF's in the NBA, he commands a lot of value.
    He's known to be on the block and has attitude problems, two things that play a big role in his value. Not to mention it appears Phx is realigning they way they play in a manner they may alienate them vis a vis his style of play.

I will contribute toward this fantasy. For the Pacers they can give up Hibbert or the round one pick this year but not both as that would leave them no center. Unless they can get
    a Camby on the cheap or some other veteran with ability.

I would love to see Camby and Ariza picked up and forget all the other trade fantasy.
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't think Ariza is as good as he looks on the Lakers.

And why would you guys want Camby instead of Amare? Camby is old and injury prone. Amare is still very young and he has said that he is focusing on becoming a great defender, it's one of his goals. He is already unstoppable on offense too. I would never trade Granger for him, but probably anyone else on the Pacers would be fair game.

There's no way we'll get him anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    The Suns continue to suck, they're getting blown out by the Warriors. Amare with a very mediocre game. This is going to add to the speculation that he's on the trading block, and hopefully to rumors about possibly coming to Indiana. Even if it never comes to pass, it'll at least give us something exciting to talk about for the next 3 weeks.

Suns were rumored to be after T.J. before we acquired him....

T.J. Ford
    Troy Murphy
    2009 1st Round (unprotected)

Works in the trade checker.

Jack/Diener
    Dunleavy/Quis
    Granger/Rush
    Amare/Foster
    Rasho/Hibbert

I could live with that.
    Amare has what 2 years left on his contract, what are the chances that we are able to resign him? If we cant get that done he's just a rental at a time where we have more holes than he can fill. Lets stay the corse rebuild with young talent through the draft. Just my 2c.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    Amare has what 2 years left on his contract, what are the chances that we are able to resign him? If we cant get that done he's just a rental at a time where we have more holes than he can fill. Lets stay the corse rebuild with young talent through the draft. Just my 2c.
    Ignoring that I think that other teams can put together better trade offers then I am willing to give up and what the Suns would probably be looking for in trading Amare......in NBA2k9 land where I can push a button and force teams to accept trades......even if Amare was to leave in the 2010 season...I'm okay with that....I think that we are going to be doing our best to make the Playoffs until the 2011-2012 season...so getting 1.5 seasons of play out of Amare to continue to make a stronger push for the Playoffs would fit into those plans.

Besides....I think that the Suns would be more apt to trade Shaq before Amare. If you're on a team that is rebuilding....unless that reason is because of the attitude/personality concerns that Amare brings and the Team wants to exercize that from the locker-room.....why would you keep a player that can only play every other game as opposed to one that is an All-Star Talent?
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    Ignoring that I don't think we have the necessary pieces to acquire him......in NBA2k9 land where I can push a button and force teams to accept trades......even if Amare was to leave in the 2010 season...I'm okay with that....I think that we are going to be doing our best to make the Playoffs until the 2011-2012 season...so getting 1.5 seasons of play out of Amare to continue to make a stronger push for the Playoffs would fit into those plans.
    Plus bringing in a big name could help market the team and fill the seats!

w00t

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post

w00t
    Of course, it depends on what we have to give up and what TPTB are willing to pay ( in the future ) to get him.

Ignoring the salary cap implications....the most straight forward "Expiring Contracts and Picks" that I would be comfortable doing would be:

Rasho+Marquis+BRush+2009 1st Round Pick for Amare

This doesn't mean the Suns would do it.....I'm guessing that the Suns would want to force the Pacers ( much less any team interested in him ) to take on Barbosa as well for more Cap clearing space....which could be a major concern for us unless we included someone like Dunleavy....which would negate any SalaryCap benefits from moving Barbosa in the first place.

For the Pacers, unless we were to include Dunleavy or Murphy ( which I doubt any team would take if they are looking to FA to rebuild ), we would be way over the Luxury Tax with ONLY 8 players ( not including Tinsley ) for a team that would be Playoff contenders...but not Championship material.

Either way, this is one of the many reasons why I doubt the Pacers would have any real chance of making any move for Amare. The cost would be too great. It's nice to dream...but when that dream eventually becomes a nightmare in a season or two.....it's not worth the effort.
    Last edited by CableKC; 02-05-2009 at 01:44 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The Suns are just out of the playoffs right now, right behind Utah who currently has the 8th seed. If they falter before the deadline and are a few games out and we are willing to include draft picks, I see the Suns as possibly trading Amare for expirings, youth, and a good pick and trying to retool quickly in the offseason.

we can't trade both rasho and daniels for amare. that's like adding 16 million to our payroll next year and will throw us well into luxury tax land, not to mention squash any hope of resigning jack or an other FA. we have to include either foster, dunleavy, murph, or ford.

now, from PHX's standpoint. no way do they take on more $$$$ this year then they give back, simply b/c they are already in the luxury tax. they also don't have a lot of dead salary they could throw into any deal either. guys like barnes, hill, amudson, etc. are guys PHX values and would want to keep.

the only feasible deals i see are as follows.

murphy
    baston
    rush
    2009 1st

amare

i actually think murphy would do well in PHX and he is a solid PF (although overpaid). playing next to shaq would help space the floor. baston is an expiring. rush and our 1st give them something for the future. PHX saves a little money this year (1 million) and 3 million next year.

foster
    marquis
    2009 1st
    possibly rush (maybe giving up too much)

amare

salary wise this fits too. PHX takes back a little less, gets an expiring, and some nicce pieces for the future. quis would probably do well in PHX on the wing with nash. not sure they would want foster though as they already have shaq and lopez - maybe include a third team or try jeff at PF w/ shaq.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

just found this article on yahoo sports about everyone in phoenix being on the table but nash..

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Sports Logo

With Larry Brown's halfcourt / slow the game down offense....you would have to think that the Bobcats would consider making a move for Shaq. Heck....if we had a Coach that slowed the offense down....I would even consider making a trade for Shaq.

IMO, i think the bulls will make the stongest play. they have all the tools to get it done and they need a player like amare in the worst way.

they're in the east, which you know something kerr would prefer. they have an expiring PF who can fill in this season in drew gooden. a probable lotto pick. lots of nice young pieces in hinrich, gordon, thomas, and noah.

Banned

Quote from yahoo

If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player preferably a forward and draft picks

The pacers have expiring contracts and draft picks but I don't know about a talented young player that is not call Granger, could they take Roy?

I would be highly disappointed if we included Hibbert in any deal ..

I just really like the guy , and think if we DID trade him, he would end up being a franchise center ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post

w00t
    I don't think he is a big name. Among big NBA fans he is of course, but he's not really flashy headlines material. His rep with hardcore fans is much bigger than with the general not-going-to-games Indy public.

I just don't see him being THE answer that brings fans back OR gets the team winning a lot more games. He has yet to prove himself as the center of the focus. That's Nash, or at times Shaq. That's Duncan and perhaps Ginobili. That's Dwight Howard.

Right now he's just a bit more than Granger IMO, meaning good, all-star, but not so good or so well known to fix what is wrong with the Pacers.

Rasho (expiring), Quis (SG/SF, expiring at their option) and a top 10 pick would match salary to do this. But you only do it if you are resigning him, otherwise it's pointless. This is a rebuild, not a closing window of opportunity.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    I see no reason why Granger and Amare wouldn't coexist with both being 20+ ppg scorers for our team. Danny's clearly the more mature of the two and would have the longer tenure here, so there's no question that he would be the team leader. Amare would accept this.
    Obviously, because the reason PHX is trying to trade him is his massive level of acceptance at any amount of compromise asked of him in order to play with two HOF players.

Come on Quis, Amare wants to be the man and he's far more aggressive/vocal than Granger IMO. He's not Vince Carter profile, but he's higher profile than Danny and I think he feels that way right now.

Consider Marion, his ego, and how well that got fixed by moving to Miami to share time with Wade.

What you get is 10 games in the plays are being drawn up for Amare and Danny is slipping back into his more natural (up till now) role of 2nd fiddle. But DG has the chance to be better than that and an ACCOMODATING star would not only allow that to happen but would nuture it. I don't see what in Amare's current situation suggests that he doesn't have issues with exactly this subject.

What, PHX just doesn't need AS PF that young any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Obviously, because the reason PHX is trying to trade him is his massive level of acceptance at any amount of compromise asked of him in order to play with two HOF players.

Come on Quis, Amare wants to be the man and he's far more aggressive/vocal than Granger IMO. He's not Vince Carter profile, but he's higher profile than Danny and I think he feels that way right now.

Consider Marion, his ego, and how well that got fixed by moving to Miami to share time with Wade.

What you get is 10 games in the plays are being drawn up for Amare and Danny is slipping back into his more natural (up till now) role of 2nd fiddle. But DG has the chance to be better than that and an ACCOMODATING star would not only allow that to happen but would nuture it. I don't see what in Amare's current situation suggests that he doesn't have issues with exactly this subject.

What, PHX just doesn't need AS PF that young any more?
    Just curious, why does DG have to be the main guy? Why can't Danny be the "accomodating" star sidekick to a guy like Amare? You want to wait around for the absolute perfect match, but what if that never comes? To me, Granger is the perfect accomodating #2 guy you speak of, that happens to be able to step his game up whenever needed to a #1 level. Plus, Amare would make life much easier for Danny.

Also, if you don't think Amare Stoudemire would create major excitement in the city of Indianapolis, I completely disagree. He has dropped 40+ points on us the last two times he has been in town. Everybody who fallows the NBA at all knows who he is and what kind of player he is.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Just curious, why does DG have to be the main guy? Why can't Danny be the "accomodating" star sidekick to a guy like Amare? You want to wait around for the absolute perfect match, but what if that never comes? To me, Granger is the perfect accomodating #2 guy you speak of, that happens to be able to step his game up whenever needed to a #1 level. Plus, Amare would make life much easier for Danny.

Also, if you don't think Amare Stoudemire would create major excitement in the city of Indianapolis, I completely disagree. He has dropped 40+ points on us the last two times he has been in town. Everybody who fallows the NBA at all knows who he is and what kind of player he is.
    Bingo.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    Quote from yahoo

If Kerr and assistant GM David Griffin do trade Stoudemire, a four-time All-Star, they want a combination of expiring contracts, a talented young player preferably a forward and draft picks

The pacers have expiring contracts and draft picks but I don't know about a talented young player that is not call Granger, could they take Roy?
    As for the young player, they could get Hibbert in return or even Rush (he can play SF). We have a lot of good expirers and most likely a lottery pick
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    Even if we only rent him for 1 1/2 seasons I would do anything except trade Granger to get him.
    So you would give up a bunch of assets, including promising rookies or a pick, etc... for what? So he plays here one year and than pouts his way into another deal.

Screw that. I don't want anything to do with him. You have to think for the long term. Amare might get us to .500 so we can get blown out of the playoffs and leave us in worse shape in two years than we are now. Why?

If there is one thing I am happy with, its the fact that Bird is trying to build a team with good guys who actually want to be here.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

From Hoopsworld

Brian in Indy:

How about? Suns get: Marquis Daniels (Great on D) Troy Murphy (Takes 3's/ 5th in rebounds/ let's shaq do his thing) Travis Diener (Fill backup PG spot) 1st rounders for 08' and 09' Pacers Get: Amare Stoudemire 09' 1st rounder (Money works)

Jason Fleming:
    That's actually a very solid deal for the Suns and Stoudemire would be great with Granger and Dunleavy and next to Hibbert in the middle.

Works under the cap. Oh to dare dream

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PugdOut View Post
    From Hoopsworld

Brian in Indy:

Works under the cap. Oh to dare dream

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=
    that sounds good to me.....

You just know it will be very hard to please Suns fans. This trade though is not bad for them either. The only thing is , if GM's know the Suns are willing to trade Stoudamire, Kerr will have plenty of choices
    Because the streets is a short stop
    Either youre slingin crack rock or you got a wicked jumpshot

Notorious BIG - Brooklyn's Finest A.K.A. G.O.A.T.