Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: chad ford said this about the Pacers/Amare in his chat today...

Sports Logo

Default Re: chad ford said this about the Pacers/Amare in his chat today...

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Much as I love Murph and don't want to see him traded...here's a trade that works:

RealGM Trade Checkerô

Powered by RealGM: Software Provider to NBA Teams
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +8.8 ppg, -3.3 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Incoming Players
    Amare Stoudemire
    6-10 PF from Cypress Creek (HS)
    21.1 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 37.1 minutes
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    12.3 ppg, 11.4 rpg, 2.4 apg in 33.2 minutes
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    0.0 ppg, 0.0 rpg, 0.0 apg in 0.0 minutes

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -8.8 ppg, +3.3 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Incoming Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    Outgoing Players
    Amare Stoudemire

Sorry, but the Suns would not do this....they send out the best player in the deal and take on about $22mil in guaranteed $$$ and add about $18+ mil in salarycap to their 2010-2011 season.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    it has nothing to do with him loving conseco. it's our poor defense.

kapono scored 25 against so we can get him too.
    Okay. I'd love to have Kapono.

Pacer Pride, Colts Strong Kid Minneapolis's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't see this happening, and not even sure I'd want it to, but there is that curiosity of wondering what it would be like to have someone like Amare here, teamed up with Granger.

I imagine Jack/Ford/Diener would have some fun throwing up some jump balls for Amare to dunk on people's heads.

The players I would not want to get rid of would be Granger and Dunleavy... and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd hafta give consideration for Murph, too... his rebounding and 3-point shooting is awfully enticing this year.

So whatever. Don't see it happening... I would be interested but not so much hopeful of a serious playoff run if it did happen. Then again, I'm an armchair GM and not paid for my skills, so what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyMac View Post
    Much as I love Murph and don't want to see him traded...here's a trade that works:

RealGM Trade Checkerô

Powered by RealGM: Software Provider to NBA Teams
    Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: +8.8 ppg, -3.3 rpg, and -0.3 apg.

Incoming Players
    Amare Stoudemire
    Outgoing Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State

Phoenix Trade Breakdown
    Change in Team Outlook: -8.8 ppg, +3.3 rpg, and +0.3 apg.

Incoming Players
    Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    Jamaal Tinsley
    6-1 PG from Iowa State
    Outgoing Players
    Amare Stoudemire

No way the Suns do this. Theyre not even getting a pick or expirer.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    How do you know they do not want cap space + draft picks back? Amare makes 15M, we can only trade 13-17M back, Dun makes 10M, TJ makes 8M. So who else would they want?
    Because I live in AZ about 3 hours from Phoenix, and I know first hand Amare is far and away the face of that franchise. He is adored by fans out here, you see Amares' jersey constantly. The fans would go ape**** if he was dealt away for expiring contracts and a few mid first round draft picks. Or anything involving Troy Murphy and Jamal Tinsley for that matter.

I doubt we could put together a package that could rival what other offers they'll get quite frankly. But any combination of players they would want on our team that didn't involve Granger, is a move forward. Amare and Granger together could be lethal on offense. But I doubt they would even listen to us if Granger wasn't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Taterhead View Post
    Because I live in AZ about 3 hours from Phoenix, and I know first hand Amare is far and away the face of that franchise. He is adored by fans out here, you see Amares' jersey constantly. The fans would go ape**** if he was dealt away for expiring contracts and a few mid first round draft picks. Or anything involving Troy Murphy and Jamal Tinsley for that matter.

I doubt we could put together a package that could rival what other offers they'll get quite frankly. But any combination of players they would want on our team that didn't involve Granger, is a move forward. Amare and Granger together could be lethal on offense. But I doubt they would even listen to us if Granger wasn't involved.
    I wouldnt add Granger in a deal for sure. I dont think I'd even trade Amare straight up for Granger. You got to remember, our draft pick looks like its going to be a top 9 pick (so far), therefore its going to be a nice pick (lottery), and the Pacers have a lot of expirers
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I wouldnt add Granger in a deal for sure. I dont think I'd even trade Amare straight up for Granger. You got to remember, our draft pick looks like its going to be a top 9 pick (so far), therefore its going to be a nice pick (lottery), and the Pacers have a lot of expirers
    How would you feel if we traded Granger for expirings and the 9th pick in the draft?

The Suns wouldn't do that in a million years.

How would you feel if we traded Granger for expirings and the 9th pick in the draft?

The Suns wouldn't do that in a million years.
    The only way I would do that is if we know that Granger has peaked (like Amare has) and the team wasnt really going anywhere further with the player (like Suns) then I would trade away for picks and expirer

streets ahead

The only way I would do that is if we know that Granger has peaked (like Amare has) and the team wasnt really going anywhere further with the player (like Suns) then I would trade away for picks and expirer
    except the suns have two bigger parts (shaq, nash) they could unload WAY before their youngest star. they still have a chance to build around amare. why keep shaq and nash but trade the younger star?

nash is unguarenteed for next year so maybe you find a taker for him first - but his contract should be easier to move and he's just as much a face of the franchise as amare. if you deal, maybe new york for a duhon, lee, rose type package. by far the bigger challege would be shaq. maybe cleveland? wally, big z for the big cactus type deal. i'm not sure if all those numbers add up but they seem to be about right in my head... regardless you make those first before trading amare away. it doesn't make any sense to blow it all up by trading your youngest star away.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 02-04-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Why has Amare peaked and Granger hasn't? They are the same age. And why can't the Suns go any further with Amare than they have? They have very similar issues as us and a lot more pieces to use in trades.

I just don't see that as the issue.

I don't see any team trading a 26 year old all star for expirings and a decent draft pick. It just doesn't happen. If you are rebuilding the 26 year old is the one you keep.

I would be thrilled to get Amare to Indy as long as it did not involved trading Granger. I really can't believe anyone would be hesitant to trade a guy like Murphy as part of a package to get Amare.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smooth View Post
    I really can't believe anyone would be hesitant to trade a guy like Murphy as part of a package to get Amare.
    When I read that, I pretty much decided to no longer make comments about proposed trades on this board. I mean, I don't even know how to respond to that. What's the point of talking about trades if you have to grit your teeth to trade Troy Murphy for Amare?

If you are rebuilding the 26 year old is the one you keep.
    ...and if they're not keeping him, you have to be very, very careful. PF's with his talent do not grow on trees. If they are available, there is a reason.

OTOH, if they are ready trade and he is clean, I would give them any combination of 4 of our players plus our first rounder this year....but not Granger. That would not be enough though.

Mood

the pacers should keep danny just based on these to things...

he is comfortable in indiana, and actually seems to want to finish his career here...

name a better player that wants to do that...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    ...and if they're not keeping him, you have to be very, very careful. PF's with his talent do not grow on trees. If they are available, there is a reason.

OTOH, if they are ready trade and he is clean, I would give them any combination of 4 of our players plus our first rounder this year....but not Granger. That would not be enough though.
    I agree with everything you just posted. We just can't compete with offers they'll get if he's really available. A swap of Bosh and Amare is far more likely to happen. JMO

I agree with everything you just posted. We just can't compete with offers they'll get if he's really available. A swap of Bosh and Amare is far more likely to happen. JMO
    The rumor I heard here about Bosh and Amare was Raps sending Bosh and Parker for Amare and Barbosa.

From what I have understood (from reading), Amare is starting to become a head ache for Phx because Porter is drawing up plays that basically throw the ball into Shaq and Amare is not liking this. So I would see PHX keeping Shaq and Nash to make one last title run

Quote Originally Posted by focused444 View Post
    the pacers should keep danny just based on these to things...

he is comfortable in indiana, and actually seems to want to finish his career here...

name a better player that wants to do that...
    I would even go further and add that he has very little ego, an obviously great work ethic, and is locked up at a descent price tag for the foreseeable future. Before this year I would have traded him for slew of players, but now I couldn't see letting him go for anyone outside of the super elite players in the league like Lebron, CP3, etc. And that ain't gonna happen anyway.

The rumor I heard here about Bosh and Amare was Raps sending Bosh and Parker for Amare and Barbosa.

From what I have understood (from reading), Amare is starting to become a head ache for Phx because Porter is drawing up plays that basically throw the ball into Shaq and Amare is not liking this. So I would see PHX keeping Shaq and Nash to make one last title run
    That deal makes a lot of sense to me. I think Bosh is a better player than Amare overall, but not by much. And he is a much better fit next to Shaq. Phoenix would be a better team with him than Amare. And as far as Toronto, if they could get Amare to embrace that franchise they wouldn't get any better in return for Bosh. Also, Amare would fit in very well in that offense.
    Last edited by Taterhead; 02-04-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Why has Amare peaked and Granger hasn't? They are the same age. And why can't the Suns go any further with Amare than they have? They have very similar issues as us and a lot more pieces to use in trades.

I don't see any team trading a 26 year old all star for expirings and a decent draft pick. It just doesn't happen. If you are rebuilding the 26 year old is the one you keep.
    I agree, why would Phx even consider trading Amare unless he's become a head case. I wouldn't trade Granger for Amare straight up, Granger has improved every year and may next year also The original poster brought a link here and said Phx wanted to trade him. If Phx wants a star in return we have Danny and he's not available. So Phx should not waste their time calling. Who else do we trade? Who, if your the Phx GM want?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

Not really. If a team has changed direction and wants to start looking inside and slowing the game down then you may want to trade the 26 year old away.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

Quote Originally Posted by indricity View Post
    Not really. If a team has changed direction and wants to start looking inside and slowing the game down then you may want to trade the 26 year old away.
    I was talking in terms of trading him for expiring deals. You only trade for expirings when you're rebuilding, and if you're rebuilding, you don't trade the young guy. Basically I'm saying they'll want a top player in return vs. expiring deals and draft picks.

I don't want Amare, no matter how low the cost.

Order more copier toner. Haggard's Avatar

I was talking in terms of trading him for expiring deals. You only trade for expirings when you're rebuilding, and if you're rebuilding, you don't trade the young guy. Basically I'm saying they'll want a top player in return vs. expiring deals and draft picks.
    you may be right though if the Suns are serious about slowing their game down then someone like Murphy may be desirable to run a pick and pop and keep shaq in the lane. Plus the Suns have been trying to cut salaries for a while and Murph is a cheaper option for them than Amare or Bosh.
    Haggard's Blog: Can't Buy a Basket. Covering the highs and lows of the NBL

you may be right though if the Suns are serious about slowing their game down then someone like Murphy may be desirable to run a pick and pop and keep shaq in the lane. Plus the Suns have been trying to cut salaries for a while and Murph is a cheaper option for them than Amare or Bosh.
    If Suns want to focus around Shaq, Murphy would be perfect for them. If Suns can basically stick Shaq in the middle and have the other 4 players are on perimeter and have 2 swingmen (J Rich and Hill for example) cutting to the next, it would be perfect.

This way, having a PF like Murphy on the perimeter, another player cant leave their man and double team Shaq

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

To all of those who support bringing Amar'e in, how do we get TPTB's attention???

If Nash and Shaq were 5 years younger, maybe. But they need a new cornerstone if Amare is leaving. You don't trade a cornerstone for some who can spread the floor. Plus Murphy isn't cheap. A little cheaper yes, but in terms of bang for your buck? Not so much. JMO