Thread: New Forum

Default New Forum

[p]Okay, sorry Hicks/able/etc., but I think you knew you'd have some criticism. [/p]
    [p]The banner up there; Jermaine is fine. But Ron and the logo clash. Maybe he could be moved over to the right so it's not overlapping his arm? Anyway, the logo looks very out of place to me. It doesn't look centered; it just looks...there. (Also, the name looks crowded on Jermaine. He looks aggravated that it's sooo close.)[/p]
    [p]Have you found any Bobcats forums yet?[/p]
    [p]Sorry....I'll be back later w/ any more suggestions.[/p]
    [p]P.S. What's this "posting terms" thing on the left side?[/p]
    [edit=53=1088176549][/edit]

Default Re: New Forum

I don't want to be the person who always complains about things. Maybe I just need to get used to this new format. It obviously has more bells and whistles. But right now it is too much trouble trying to figure all this out at work. I'll have more constructive thoughts on Monday.

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" borderColor=#14256d cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="73%" align=center border=1>
    <TBODY>
    <TR bgColor=#14256d>
    <TD>Quote: [time=1088179779] by <A class=footnav href="http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewprofile;uid=24" target=_top>Unclebuck </A></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD bgColor=#e6ebf1><!-- /original -->I don't want to be the person who always complains about things. Maybe I just need to get used to this new format. It obviously has more bells and whistles. But right now it is too much trouble trying to figure all this out at work. I'll have more constructive thoughts on Monday. [/quote]Same here. I'm in shock; plus it doesn't help that my computer goes to the "cannot be displayed" page almost every other click.

[p]Give it some time guys. Not all things are as they will be. There are errors that didn't happen until after we moved, and the colors are screwed up (like the whine red shouldn't be there for instance).[/p]
    [p]The banner, you'll have to gripe to rabidpacersfan on that one, he created it. I think it's great.[/p]

I like the banner

diego

Maybe its just me, but i find the actual posts harder to read and just overall not as clean as the old board. Oh well.

<TABLE align=center border=1 borderColor=#14256d cellPadding=2 cellSpacing=0 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" width="73%">
    <TBODY>
    <TR bgColor=#14256d>
    <TD>Quote: [time=1088182870] by <A class=footnav href="http://www.pacersdigest.com/cgi-bin/bbBoard.cgi?a=viewprofile;uid=128" target=_top>diego </A></TD></TR>
    <TR>
    <TD bgColor=#e6ebf1><!-- /original -->Maybe its just me, but i find the actual posts harder to read and just overall not as clean as the old board. Oh well.[/quote]I agree with that

What does "clean" mean, in this case?

diego

[p]Clean, meaning a lot of jiberrish coming through on posts...and just the overall reading of threads and posts seems much more unappealing to the eye. Its hard to explain because maybe its just me, but trying to decipher what are qoutes and what is a post and all that just seems worse. [/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]I have seen other boards liek this format, and i just really liked our old board and format..[/p]

[p]It's really busy. Believe me; having a lot of features is nice and dandy, but it's just too complicated/busy for me. There is something as too many choices/options/features. I don't know if that goes for the other two guys, but that's my feeling.[/p]
    [p]It might just be the Hoosier Hick traits in me. Newer technology. (I will get used to it though.)[/p]
    [p]Hicks, don't get me wrong; the banner if cool and all, just seems like it's got some problems need fixin'.[/p]

I think the thread titles should be in bold text just like the usernames are.

This would make them much easier to read.

PS: I love the banner!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It took me a little while to get used to the new set-up, but you'll get it down.

It is much "busier" than the old forum, but there are lots of cool new features only available to it. Once you get used to everything, it should grow on you.

It's looking better. I think I'm getting used to the place.

Quote Originally Posted by diego
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [p]Clean, meaning a lot of jiberrish coming through on posts...and just the overall reading of threads and posts seems much more unappealing to the eye. Its hard to explain because maybe its just me, but trying to decipher what are qoutes and what is a post and all that just seems worse. [/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]I have seen other boards liek this format, and i just really liked our old board and format..[/p]
    One thing that was very subtle but helped to make the other board more eye-pleasing was the alternating background colors for each post in a thread (IMO). Don't know if that is possible on this one or not?
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

I agree; I'll ask able to request it to the forum coders to add later; it'd help my eyes I think.

In the meantime what if I made the post background color a bit darker so it stands out more?

Nit-picking - changing the button bar colors at the top of the first post on a thread would help. The white on pale blue's kind of hard for an old guy like me to make out.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DisplacedKnick
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nit-picking - changing the button bar colors at the top of the first post on a thread would help. The white on pale blue's kind of hard for an old guy like me to make out.
    Thank you! Was that something you were doing anyway? Whatever it was, it was quick!

The poster formerly known as Rimfire

I just happened to read it right after you posted, and found what had to be changed.

The only problem is we had to make a sacrifice:

The links at the VERY bottom of the forum are now the same color as the background, and two poll options are now blue on blue as well.

But they all still glow yellow when you move your mouse over them. Since they aren't used or seen nearly as often as what I just changed to blue on purpose, I'm gonna leave it.

testing...

testing...