Default Harrison articles - I am starting to like him

[p]http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...234049,00.html[/p]
    [p]

Indiana saves day for Buffs' Harrison

[/p]Pacers select former CU center

[/p]By Chris Dempsey Denver Post Staff Writer

[/p]

file
    The Indiana Pacers selected David Harrison with the final pick of the first round.

[/p]

[p]David Harrison got more nervous as the first round whittled away. In his mind, failure would have come with being selected in the second round.
    [p]The Indiana Pacers saved the former Colorado center, but just barely. The Pacers selected Harrison with the 29th pick of the first round - the final pick of the first round.[/p]
    [p]Harrison, who worked out for the Pacers almost two weeks ago, said he was surprised Indiana drafted him.[/p]
    [p]As a first-round selection, Harrison will receive a three- year guaranteed contract worth $2.69 million, with an option for a fourth year. He is the first CU player picked in the first round since the Boston Celtics drafted Chauncey Billups as the third overall pick in 1997.[/p]
    [p]"I was just about to jump on a boat and go overseas. I'm the definition of relieved," Harrison said from his home in Nashville, Tenn. "The entire time, I saw all these foreigners being taken over me. I was thinking, 'I'd crush that kid."'[/p]

Advertisement

Click to learn more...

[p]Three centers were selected ahead of Harrison, and only one of those, Russia's Pavel Podkolzine, was from overseas. BYU center Rafael Araujo and high school standout Robert Swift were the other two.[/p]
    [p]"I thought he was a great talent," Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said of Harrison. "That was a tough decision, because we looked very hard at him. We actually looked to try to get a pick in the 20s with an eye for him."[/p]
    [p]As a selection of the Pacers, Harrison gets to play with Reggie Miller, who he says was one of his favorite players growing up, and play for NBA legend Larry Bird, who is the team's president.[/p]
    [p]"That's going to be weird, playing for a legend like that," Harrison said. "I'm happy they gave me a chance, and I'm going to use it for all it's worth."[/p]
    [p]Harrison, 7-feet and 260 pounds, led Colorado in scoring (17.1 points), rebounding (8.4) and blocked shots (2.9) last season.[/p]
    [p]Questions swirled about Harrison's maturity and work ethic. Some, including CU men's basketball coach Ricardo Patton, openly criticized Harrison's decision to leave Colorado a year early. Harrison announced his intention to skip his senior season with the Buffs and enter the NBA draft in late April.[/p]
    [p]About his first-round selection quieting naysayers, Harrison hedged.[/p]
    [p]"I'm going to have six, seven months to answer all of these questions, and believe me, I'm going to have a lot of answers for people," he said. "I'm on a good team. I have a lot of players to learn from and grow with. To me, I would have failed (not to get selected in the first round). But it didn't happen."[/p]
    [p]Chris Dempsey can be reached at 303-920-5455 or cdempsey@denverpost.com. [/p]
    RETURN TO TOP
    [/p]

Default Re: Harrison articles - I am starting to like him

Sorry about all the extra stuff here, I tried to edit it, but when I do it does not show up.

[p]http://www.tennessean.com/sports/new...nt_ID=53322294[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]Harrison goes last in the first [/p]
    [p]

web-0625-c-harrison.jpg[font="Arial,]MATTHEW H. STARLINGFormer Brentwood Academy star David Harrison, center, reacts after being selected by Indiana with the 29th overall pick in the NBA Draft as his mother, Ida Harrison, left, and sister Dorie celebrate.[/font]

_____Today's Top Stories_____
    [font="arial,][/font]Council members gather again without noticeTrue Love WaitsPassenger says Tallent turned car toward officersDriving certificates turning into IDsPristine ancient Indian site found in UtahGroup: Sales tax deduction bad deal for many

_____Today in Sports_____
    [font="arial,][/font]Draft process hard on Freije Loosening up: Titans rigid on Payton increasing flexibility Preds' draft board probably won't change IRL drivers surprised by Music City's warm welcome

[hr]
    Engineer
    [hr]
    Fleet Driver
    [hr]
    Maintenance Technician
    [hr]
    All Top Jobs

[font="verdana,]E-Mail This Article[/font]
    [font="verdana,]Printer-Friendly (text only) [/font]
    [font="verdana,]Subscribe to The Tennessean [/font]

Dining info at tennessean.com/entertainment/restaurants
    By BOB MCCLELLANStaff Writer
    [p]David Harrison was growing more disenchanted by the minute.[/p]
    [p]He started out last night's NBA draft downplaying his nerves, lumbering from the lounge area in room 230 at the Embassy Suites on Broadway where a large family contingent was watching to the back bedroom.[/p]
    [p]''Just to get a few minutes by myself,'' said Harrison, the former Brentwood Academy 7-footer. At the time he didn't appear nervous. With his future hanging in the balance, he was curled on a bed in which he barely fit watching SpongeBob SquarePants.[/p]
    [p]But the nervousness grew as a slew of high schoolers and international players began to fill up the first round.[/p]
    [p]''I was about to throw the TV out the window,'' Harrison said.[/p]
    [p]Good news for the Embassy Suites and for a certain Magnavox 19-inch color model. The Indiana Pacers took Harrison, finally, mercifully, with the final pick of the first round, 29th overall. Indiana was one of the dozen or so teams that had worked out Harrison.[/p]
    [p]''I had a good workout there,'' Harrison said. ''Real good, I guess.''[/p]
    [p]It had been an ungodly long night. Harrison had hoped to go to Denver with the 20th overall pick. It was close to where he played his college ball, at Colorado, and the Nuggets had shown interest.[/p]
    [p]But Denver took Jameer Nelson, then traded his rights to Orlando.[/p]
    [p]With each successive pick from 21-28, Harrison grew more disillusioned. Finally his name was announced on ESPN as being selected by the Pacers. A room full of family (David has 11 brothers and sisters, most of whom were in attendance) erupted.[/p]
    [p]''I can get in my car and drive to Indiana,'' said Ida Harrison, David's mother.[/p]
    [p]David Harrison, relieved and able to relax again, finally cracked a smile. He gets a guaranteed contract, whereas if he had slipped out of the first round nothing would have been guaranteed. Instead, he goes to a team that played in the Eastern Conference finals and is run by Larry Bird. Bird got through to Harrison about 20 minutes after he'd been picked, and Harrison said the Hall of Famer told him it was time to get to work.[/p]
    [p]''I'm going to a good team, and I think I'll contribute immediately,'' Harrison said. ''It's going to be weird playing for a legend like (Bird), but I'm glad they took me.''[/p]
    [p]David's father, Dennis, played in the NFL after starring at Vanderbilt. He later was an assistant coach at Vanderbilt.[/p]
    [p]He said he got caught up in watching the draft and felt for the college players who were getting passed over for the high school stars. A record eight prepsters were taken in the first round.[/p]
    [p]''It's very seldom I agree with Dick Vitale, but he's right when he says the college players have the experience and you already know what they can do,'' Dennis said.[/p]
    [p]''These high school players, you have to wait two or three years for them and some of these coaches aren't going to be around that long.''[/p]
    [p]For his part David aims to make those who made him wait pay on the court.[/p]
    [p]''I've got a 28-player chip on my shoulder,'' he said.[/p]
    [p]He said he'll leave Monday morning for Indianapolis.[/p]
    [p][/p]

[p] [/p]

LAPacer

UB, maybe try cutting and pasting the article into notepad first. Then copy it from notepad and paste it into the forum.

Or I could quit my job to figure all this out

[p]OK let's try this[/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p]
    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~90~2234049,00.html[/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p]
    [/p]

[p]Indiana saves day for Buffs' Harrison

[p]Pacers select former CU center [/p]
    [p]By
    Chris Dempsey Denver Post Staff Writer[/p]

file

[p]The Indiana Pacers selected David Harrison with the final pick of the first round.
    [/p]

[p]
    [/p]

[p]David Harrison got more nervous as the first round whittled away. In his mind, failure would have come with being selected in the second round. [/p]
    [p]The Indiana Pacers saved the former Colorado center, but just barely. The Pacers selected Harrison with the 29th pick of the first round - the final pick of the first round.[/p]
    [p]Harrison, who worked out for the Pacers almost two weeks ago, said he was surprised Indiana drafted him.[/p]
    [p]As a first-round selection, Harrison will receive a three- year guaranteed contract worth $2.69 million, with an option for a fourth year. He is the first CU player picked in the first round since the Boston Celtics drafted Chauncey Billups as the third overall pick in 1997.[/p]
    [p]"I was just about to jump on a boat and go overseas. I'm the definition of relieved," Harrison said from his home in Nashville, Tenn. "The entire time, I saw all these foreigners being taken over me. I was thinking, 'I'd crush that kid."'
    [/p]

[p]Three centers were selected ahead of Harrison, and only one of those, Russia's Pavel Podkolzine, was from overseas. BYU center Rafael Araujo and high school standout Robert Swift were the other two.[/p]
    [p]"I thought he was a great talent," Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said of Harrison. "That was a tough decision, because we looked very hard at him. We actually looked to try to get a pick in the 20s with an eye for him."[/p]
    [p]As a selection of the Pacers, Harrison gets to play with Reggie Miller, who he says was one of his favorite players growing up, and play for NBA legend Larry Bird, who is the team's president.[/p]
    [p]"That's going to be weird, playing for a legend like that," Harrison said. "I'm happy they gave me a chance, and I'm going to use it for all it's worth."[/p]
    [p]Harrison, 7-feet and 260 pounds, led Colorado in scoring (17.1 points), rebounding (8.4) and blocked shots (2.9) last season.[/p]
    [p]Questions swirled about Harrison's maturity and work ethic. Some, including CU men's basketball coach Ricardo Patton, openly criticized Harrison's decision to leave Colorado a year early. Harrison announced his intention to skip his senior season with the Buffs and enter the NBA draft in late April.[/p]
    [p]About his first-round selection quieting naysayers, Harrison hedged.[/p]
    [p]"I'm going to have six, seven months to answer all of these questions, and believe me, I'm going to have a lot of answers for people," he said. "I'm on a good team. I have a lot of players to learn from and grow with. To me, I would have failed (not to get selected in the first round). But it didn't happen."[/p]
    [p]Chris Dempsey can be reached at 303-920-5455 or
    cdempsey@denverpost.com.[/p]

[p][/p]
    [p][/p]

[edit=24=1088173675][/edit]

Crap, find your own articles

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Testing cut and paste:

David Harrison got more nervous as the first round whittled away. In his mind, failure would have come with being selected in the second round.

The Indiana Pacers saved the former Colorado center, but just barely. The Pacers selected Harrison with the 29th pick of the first round - the final pick of the first round.

Harrison, who worked out for the Pacers almost two weeks ago, said he was surprised Indiana drafted him.

As a first-round selection, Harrison will receive a three- year guaranteed contract worth $2.69 million, with an option for a fourth year. He is the first CU player picked in the first round since the Boston Celtics drafted Chauncey Billups as the third overall pick in 1997.

"I was just about to jump on a boat and go overseas. I'm the definition of relieved," Harrison said from his home in Nashville, Tenn. "The entire time, I saw all these foreigners being taken over me. I was thinking, 'I'd crush that kid."'

Works fine.

Are you saving the file and then using "attach a file"? That's why all the HTML is showing up.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

[p]I CAN'T READ IT!?!?!?! AHHHHH!!!![/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]But yeah, I like David too after reading an article in the Star this morning.[/p]

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

From what I've read I like this Harrison kid as well. He seems to be a very motivated guy, especially now. I did see a mention somewhere about his work ethic though. That would be my only concern.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

[p]I'd just like to point out this this is NOT a permanent problem.[/p]
    [p]It wasn't even a problem at all until this morning, so that's why it's here at all. Rest assured it will be fixed. Sorry you all have to deal with it at all.[/p]

[p]OK, for now I'm turning off WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get) mode. I think it's causing some of the problem, and frankly it's annoying the hell out of me right now.[/p]
    [p]I'll try using it again later.[/p]

OK, back to a more basic post box. Let's see how copying works now:

Indiana saves day for Buffs' Harrison

Pacers select former CU center

By Chris Dempsey
    Denver Post Staff Writer

David Harrison got more nervous as the first round whittled away. In his mind, failure would have come with being selected in the second round.

The Indiana Pacers saved the former Colorado center, but just barely. The Pacers selected Harrison with the 29th pick of the first round - the final pick of the first round.

Harrison, who worked out for the Pacers almost two weeks ago, said he was surprised Indiana drafted him.

As a first-round selection, Harrison will receive a three- year guaranteed contract worth $2.69 million, with an option for a fourth year. He is the first CU player picked in the first round since the Boston Celtics drafted Chauncey Billups as the third overall pick in 1997.

"I was just about to jump on a boat and go overseas. I'm the definition of relieved," Harrison said from his home in Nashville, Tenn. "The entire time, I saw all these foreigners being taken over me. I was thinking, 'I'd crush that kid."'

Three centers were selected ahead of Harrison, and only one of those, Russia's Pavel Podkolzine, was from overseas. BYU center Rafael Araujo and high school standout Robert Swift were the other two.

"I thought he was a great talent," Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said of Harrison. "That was a tough decision, because we looked very hard at him. We actually looked to try to get a pick in the 20s with an eye for him."

As a selection of the Pacers, Harrison gets to play with Reggie Miller, who he says was one of his favorite players growing up, and play for NBA legend Larry Bird, who is the team's president.

"That's going to be weird, playing for a legend like that," Harrison said. "I'm happy they gave me a chance, and I'm going to use it for all it's worth."

Harrison, 7-feet and 260 pounds, led Colorado in scoring (17.1 points), rebounding (8.4) and blocked shots (2.9) last season.

Questions swirled about Harrison's maturity and work ethic. Some, including CU men's basketball coach Ricardo Patton, openly criticized Harrison's decision to leave Colorado a year early. Harrison announced his intention to skip his senior season with the Buffs and enter the NBA draft in late April.

About his first-round selection quieting naysayers, Harrison hedged.

"I'm going to have six, seven months to answer all of these questions, and believe me, I'm going to have a lot of answers for people," he said. "I'm on a good team. I have a lot of players to learn from and grow with. To me, I would have failed (not to get selected in the first round). But it didn't happen."

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...234049,00.html

I had to copy that a chunk at a time, but obviously it looks a lot better.

Gotta say, at least what he's saying here, I LOVE his attitude. Crushing the opposition, and all that.

Let's see if he PLAYS like that.

He has the confidence to play in the league.

In the article on Pacers.com, he says that he will train as hard as he can in camp to be able to make a contribution to the team right away. He also says he wants to be an All-Star in his first year, which is 99% unlikely, but still it's nice to have a guy with that kind of attitude. Another goal is to make the All-Rookie team, which seems pretty likely if he's the main backup to Foster.

Yeah I think he said his goal was to be in all-star before he's done with his rookie contract (3 years), and he wants to be on the all-rookie team.

Oh, and he also wants to be our starting center.

Would be cool if he earned that though.