Thread: T-Mac trade to Houston step closer

Default T-Mac trade to Houston step closer

Not to mention they didn't draft Okafor because it looks like they may already have that need filled with Cato.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...home-headlines

T-Mac trade to Houston step closer

By Tim Povtak | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted June 25, 2004

The trade of Tracy McGrady to the Houston Rockets moved a step closer early Friday morning to becoming reality after Magic general manager John Weisbrod spoke with Rockets guard Steve Francis.

Weisbrod and Francis - the Rockets star who will come in the trade for McGrady - spoke by phone after the NBA Draft concluded Thursday night.

Jeff Fried, Francis agent, said Friday morning that his client has dropped any objections to coming to Orlando.

"Steve was very impressed with the way John has a vision for the team,'' Fried said. "It was a necessary step. I think John really connected with him.''

Weisbrod stopped short of saying any deal was imminent. The proposed trade of McGrady includes Tyronn Lue, Juwan Howard and Reece Gaines in exchange for Francis Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato.

"I couldn't say we're closer to anything but this was a good first step,'' Weisbrod said. "I do like the determination, conviction I hear from Steve.''

Weisbrod also said he will continue talking to other teams interested in McGrady, and that he does not expect any conclusion to the McGrady situation this weekend.

"We could still go in another direction with this, but I do like what I heard tonight,'' Weisbrod said. "We meshed.''

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: T-Mac trade to Houston step closer

Well that four page thread was just a load of *****. T-Macing *****

Artificial Intelligence wintermute's Avatar

good, maybe the tmac to indy rumors will stop now

good, maybe the tmac to indy rumors will stop now
    They will only stop under ONE condition: Tmac is Traded

Until then...let em fly

[p]Yeah. Just read the Indystar or pacers.com. [/p]
    [p]They say TMac doesn't mind coming here.. [/p]
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If we really offered up Ron, Al, and Bender, and Orlando turned it down for the Houston deal, then Weisbrod is even dumber than I thought. n:

[p]Well if I read between the lines then TMac is not going to Houston.[/p]
    [p]In all honesty, Weismuller uhhh oh oops, Weisbrodt was interviewed during the draft, he said (when asked on if it was true that Francis was coming to Orlando for talks with ownership and him and what they were going to talk about) that owners had no intention of talking with Francis, if Francis would come then he would try to explain what it was they were trying to do and "sell" him Orlando.[/p]
    [p]Next thing you read is they spoke on the phone.[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]Now of course they had a nice talk, he explained his case and is happy so traede is closer.........[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]nope[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]Steve did not even bother to go to Orlando to be shown around, talked to etc. Basically the call said, "i'm calling you because i hear you want to talk to me, well here i am shoot: ....blah blah blah blah ; ok I heard you, I will tink it over and have a nice day"[/p]
    [p]Talks of DW being in Orlando seem more substantial, certainly after reading LB's comment on it. and no, it said nowhere that the Simons' were there to.[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p]You explain your own version, is what I do, but A. first time confirmation that TMac would sign extension with Pacers. B. DW in Orlando? C. Francis nay visits but calls.[/p]
    [p]Only thing that worries me is why on earth would be trade ALL our sf's in one go.[/p]
    [p]Not to mention that I hope that we are not talking to the dipshits in LA.[/p]
    [p] [/p]
    [p][/p]
    [p] [/p]
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Quote: [time=1088173340] by Shade
    If we really offered up Ron, Al, and Bender, and Orlando turned it down for the Houston deal, then Weisbrod is even dumber than I thought. n:[/quote]Depends on how yo look at it. Houston is giving them a player that they can use at two backcourt spots & either a center of powerforward spot.[/p]
    [p]We are giving them three players that all pretty much are best suited for the s.f. spot. It can be argued that Al is really a pf. but that is debateable.[/p]
    [p] [/p]

Basketball isn't played with computers, spreadsheets, and simulations. ChicagoJ 4/21/13

[p]One thing I keep asking myself.[/p]
    [p]Why isn't the Orlando-Houston trade done? Or at least announced that "We have reached agreement, in principle"?[/p]
    [p]The Pacers supposedly tried to move up in the draft. But they obviously didn't try all that hard because we have a resource to dangle (AH) that DW/LB/RC all say is far more valuable across the league than we had originally thought.[/p]
    [p]So with that very valuable commodity, we couldn't move up. Why? Could it be that we didn't try all that hard to move up? Could it be that Orlando-Houston is NOT a done deal and DW/LB want AH to be available in case a potential deal re-emerges with Orlando?[/p]
    [p]After all, the Pacers are apparently T-Mac's 2nd choice. And we did not sacrifice any of our resources during the draft. We are as deep as anyone with desirable resources.[/p]
    [p]If I'm Weisbrod, I'm holding out to see which one of Houston or Indiana is willing to sweeten the deal.[/p]

Quote: [time=1088182041] by beast23

[p]One thing I keep asking myself.[/p]
    [p]Why isn't the Orlando-Houston trade done? Or at least announced that "We have reached agreement, in principle"?[/p]
    [p]The Pacers supposedly tried to move up in the draft. But they obviously didn't try all that hard because we have a resource to dangle (AH) that DW/LB/RC all say is far more valuable across the league than we had originally thought.[/p]
    [p]So with that very valuable commodity, we couldn't move up. Why? Could it be that we didn't try all that hard to move up? Could it be that Orlando-Houston is NOT a done deal and DW/LB want AH to be available in case a potential deal re-emerges with Orlando?[/p]
    [p]After all, the Pacers are apparently T-Mac's 2nd choice. And we did not sacrifice any of our resources during the draft. We are as deep as anyone with desirable resources.[/p]
    [p]If I'm Weisbrod, I'm holding out to see which one of Houston or Indiana is willing to sweeten the deal.[/p]

[p]Only reason the deal between the Magic and Rockets is of Steve Francis's uncertainty to play with the Magic but that has changed.[/p]
    [p]Deal is going to be done before July 1rst I think. [/p]
    [p]Even after hearing that DW went to Orlando all I needed to hear was Francis having a willingness to play with the Magic and bam, I really think our chances for TMac are 0% for sure now. Even though the trade is not officaly offical yet, it will be.[/p]

11. Posting Permissions