Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could this starting 5 get it done for us?

Default Could this starting 5 get it done for us?

just wanted to know if you guys felt that Dun would be better served coming off the bench for us?

i mean a starting 5 of...Ford,Rush,Granger,Baston,Hibbert gets it done for me.
    w/ Dun,Daniels,Murphy,Graham,Jack,Foster/Rasho coming off the bench looks darn good.

With this lineup our Defense would improve w/ Rush and Granger on the wings a PF that can run the floor and get blocks off of the weak side... as well as an inside presence w/ Hibbert...Not to mention a pg who can get the ball to everyone, your thoughts fans...?

Default Re: Could this starting 5 get it done for us?

That's my ideal lineup too!

I'm a big Baston fan so the more minutes to him the better.

And I like to give our Rookies also a chance so I can really live with this starting five!
    Maceo Baston's #1 fan on Pacers Digest!

Mood

I think the results would be similar to what is going on now. We need to give our team a real chance to gel. I'd hope they keep it like it is unless we nake a big splash at the trading deadline.

This lineup would only last about 5 minutes. That's how long it takes Hibbert to rack up 3 fouls.
    I would also like to see a little bit more of Baston but we don't see him every day in practice like JOB - i guess he's just not good enough.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by kbills05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just wanted to know if you guys felt that Dun would be better served coming off the bench for us?

w/ Dun,Daniels,Murphy,Graham,Jack,Foster/Rasho coming off the bench looks darn good.

With this lineup our Defense would improve w/ Rush and Granger on the wings a PF that can run the floor and get blocks off of the weak side... as well as an inside presence w/ Hibbert...Not to mention a pg who can get the ball to everyone, your thoughts fans...?
    And at the end of the 1st quarter when the Pacers are down 12, Rush is 1 of 7 from the field and Hibbert has been on the bench with three fouls since the 5 minute mark, what would you do then?

And I'd like to point out that I can see through this and so can everyone else. This is just another badly disguised slam on JOB's rotations.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If Dun is your 6th man, then w/ this current team, Q is your starter!
    B.Rush & Hibbert will not lead us to the playoffs, & thats what we are shooting for.
    I am sure TPTB had hoped (thought) B.Rush would be ready for sig. min's by the post-All Star break, & like you I would like to see him starting by now too. I also think TPTB thought we would be in/ closer to the 7-8th spot now, not this far behind, & would be able to afford the rooks some more min's. Finacially though, making the playoffs would be huge for revenue that this team lacks. Making the playoffs not only gives this small market team some extra cash, but exposure - & is another reason Danny being an All-Star is a big deal. They need the signs of progress to get people into the Fieldhouse ASAP.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    And at the end of the 1st quarter when the Pacers are down 12, Rush is 1 of 7 from the field and Hibbert has been on the bench with three fouls since the 5 minute mark, what would you do then?

And I'd like to point out that I can see through this and so can everyone else. This is just another badly disguised slam on JOB's rotations.
    X2

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm not really sure how to answer your question because I'm not sure what you mean by "get it done for us".

I think that lineup wouldn't spread the floor enough with Baston and Hibbert both needing to play close to the basket, it would make it harder for Danny and TJ to score in the halfcourt. The defense might be improved but the offense would probably suffer.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I say go back to the starting lineup we had before Dun returned and bring Dun off the bench. The 2nd unit needs a strong leader, and Dun is it. Quis works better w/the starters, but Dun could still get his time in with them and be far more effective anyway.

Starters/Reserves:

PF - Murphy/Baston
    SF - Granger/Dun
    C - Foster/Rasho/Hibbert
    PG - Deiner (fewer turnovers)/Ford/Jack
    SG - Quis/Graham/Jack

12-Man rotation...

Dun becomes 6th man w/Rasho 1st big off the bench. Use Foster, Rasho and Hibbert as foul collectors if you have to. Keep Rasho and Hibbert off the floor at the same time because neither are big rebounders. Play BRush sparingly since he's hit the rookie wall, but use him for defense. Keep your fastest PGs as your 1-2 punch for driving the offense and maintaining tempo.

I think if JOB goes with the above players, this team will yield better results.

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    I say go back to the starting lineup we had before Dun returned and bring Dun off the bench. The 2nd unit needs a strong leader, and Dun is it. Quis works better w/the starters, but Dun could still get his time in with them and be far more effective anyway.

Starters/Reserves:

PF - Murphy/Baston
    SF - Granger/Dun
    C - Foster/Rasho/Hibbert
    PG - Deiner (fewer turnovers)/Ford/Jack
    SG - Quis/Graham/Jack

12-Man rotation...

Dun becomes 6th man w/Rasho 1st big off the bench. Use Foster, Rasho and Hibbert as foul collectors if you have to. Keep Rasho and Hibbert off the floor at the same time because neither are big rebounders. Play BRush sparingly since he's hit the rookie wall, but use him for defense. Keep your fastest PGs as your 1-2 punch for driving the offense and maintaining tempo.

I think if JOB goes with the above players, this team will yield better results.

I had my fill of Diener starting last year. Thanx but no thanx. He can't guard his own shadow let alone other PG's. If he could, the Pacers wouldn't have gotten Ford and Jack. Diener is a nice 3rd PG, and that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    I had my fill of Diener starting last year. Thanx but no thanx. He can't guard his own shadow let alone other PG's. If he could, the Pacers wouldn't have gotten Ford and Jack. Diener is a nice 3rd PG, and that is it.
    Alright, then push Diener back to 3rd string PG. Still, he's a better 3-pt shooter than either Ford OR Jack, and he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as either of them. That is why I'd rather see him start than to finish. If JOB could find minutes for him somewhere in between Ford and Jack, I'd be fine because I think Deiner does has something to offer. Of all three PGs, I think he runs the offense better.

Banned

What in the world has Baston done to warrant a spot in uniform on the bench, let a lone a spot on the floor?

He's a complete waste.

Quote Originally Posted by kbills05 View Post
    This should be moved to the "Tank" thread.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Baston as any part of your rotation is a major problem right now. I like the guy, I appreciate the high flying work he did in Europe when he was a bit younger, and even thought he earned PT his first time here.

But anyone who watched the Bucks game should know 100% why he just shouldn't be out there now. Even when he did make a nice rebound in traffic he had zip chance of making the putback and got stuffed a couple of times inside. He's now a PF with the inside power of a normal SF.

I like McRoberts playing because he's young, developing and most importantly he's physically strong inside. I get Graham's PT because he's such a strong jumper and gives you that above the rim action few others on the team do. Baston is the only guy that I just don't see the point on now, unfortunately because he does seem to be a really nice person and a hard worker.

The PT has been odd and I don't buy into the excuses on Rush, Hibbert or McBob not playing, but at the same time it's not a major travesty to run Dun, Troy, Jeff, Quis, Ford and Jack out there. I don't want any of the young kids to get more than 10-15 max right now.

In fact my only serious issue with the rotations is the whole double PG thing. It's just too much, especially as Quis gets healthy again. Quis was defending MUCH better than Jack and prior to the injury he was a more reliable penetrator/finisher.

ford/jack
    daniels/dun
    granger/rush
    murphy /??
    foster/hibbert

[QUOTE=NuffSaid;843370]

Still, he's a better 3-pt shooter than either Ford OR Jack, and he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as either of them./QUOTE]

I knew what you were thinking 39. I just don't want him as a starter.

The best starting five without a doubt in my mind is Ford, Dun, Danny, Troy and Jeff

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    The best starting five without a doubt in my mind is Ford, Dun, Danny, Troy and Jeff
    X2

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

X3

To start a game and attempt to get us on the right track out of the gate, I don't think any other combo is even close.

The only thing that would change that lineup would be if one or two of these players were traded prior to the deadline for a post man.

I would ditto some of the comments I've read lately considering Graham. I hope he's here next season; I'd like to see how he develops.

I was taking the "good chemistry/if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. Clearly, Quis was more productive when he was starting in place of Dun, and Dun is still struggling a bit. Hence, the reason I'd rather see Quis at the Starting 2-Guard spot right now....that and I still think the 2nd Unit needs a leader among them. To that, Dun would do a much better job of keeping things going among the reserves than Quis, IMO.

I was taking the "good chemistry/if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. Clearly, Quis was more productive when he was starting in place of Dun, and Dun is still struggling a bit. Hence, the reason I'd rather see Quis at the Starting 2-Guard spot right now....that and I still think the 2nd Unit needs a leader among them. To that, Dun would do a much better job of keeping things going among the reserves than Quis, IMO.

23 points the 1st half tonight says he shouldn't be coming off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    23 points the 1st half tonight says he shouldn't be coming off the bench.
    Touche', Justin.

Here's hoping he finally got his shooting touch back and that last night wasn't just a fluke.

Sidenote: Maybe the thing to have done was to move Dun from SG to SF where he had more success last year. Dun may not be the best on-the-ball defender, but playing from SF allows him to be more versatile and lets his athleticism shine through. He just seems to play better from SF than SG.

And speaking of flukes...

PF - Murphy/Baston = 12 pts (4-6FG/FT)

Granted, it was against the Heat who don't have much of a front-court, but still you gotta give Maceo his props for his performance last night. I wonder if we'll see more of this rotation in the near future?
    Last edited by NuffSaid; 01-31-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Banned

And speaking of flukes...

PF - Murphy/Baston = 12 pts (4-6FG/FT)

Granted, it was against the Heat who don't have much of a front-court, but still you gotta give Maceo his props for his performance last night. I wonder if we'll see more of this rotation in the near future?
    I don't give a damn how many points Maceo scores. There is absolutely no reason to play him. There is by my rough estimate about a 0.0% chance that he will be a Pacer next year. Why play him now? Does he give us that much better of a chance then a younger, more athletic guy like McRoberts, or a 1st round pick 7 footer like Hibbert?

It makes no sense for Maceo to be playing. Hibbert needs to get 25 minutes a game or at least as long as his 6 fouls allow him to stay. The minutes that Maceo is getting would be far better served to McRoberts. I also believe that there is no reason we should send Rush to Fort Wayne. He needs to be playing in Indy. He needs to get the minutes that Graham is getting. We aren't going to win the championship this year. That's no secret. But playing the younger guys gives us virtually as much chance to win every game while also developing players who could still be around for years to come.

It needs to happen.
    Last edited by WetBob; 01-31-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WetBob View Post
    I don't give a damn how many points Maceo scores. There is absolutely no reason to play him. There is by my rough estimate about a 0.0% chance that he will be a Pacer next year. Why play him now? Does he give us that much better of a chance then a younger, more athletic guy like McRoberts, or a 1st round pick 7 footer like Hibbert?

It makes no sense for Maceo to be playing. Hibbert needs to get 25 minutes a game or at least as long as his 6 fouls allow him to stay. The minutes that Maceo is getting would be far better served to McRoberts. I also believe that there is no reason we should send Rush to Fort Wayne. He needs to be playing in Indy. He needs to get the minutes that Graham is getting. We aren't going to win the championship this year. That's no secret. But playing the younger guys gives us virtually as much chance to win every game while also developing players who could still be around for years to come.

It needs to happen.
    I been saying this for weeks now, people are so desperate to go to the playoffs that they are willing to risk the future

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I been saying this for weeks now, people are so desperate to go to the playoffs that they are willing to risk the future
    I want to see the Pacers in the playoffs as much as the next guy but I think its highly unlikely. We're still tied for 2nd to last in the conference. We've got a chance to go on a bit of a run, but what we also need about 5 teams to start sucking.

It's most likely not going to happen, at some point you need to start thinking about ping pong balls and the future. I don't even think what I'm suggesting makes us that much worse in the short term, and it definitely helps in the long term.