Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chard Ford: Trade Watch: Top Wings and Top Bigs on the block

Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

see what makes me sick....!!! why in the hell would we trade for Brad Miller. he's over age and its a lateral movement for a guy who has no lateral movement at all. i would rather trade for Amare or even Zack Randolph or Chris Wilcox someone w/ some type of impact...We need a low post player that can play w/ his back to the basket not another jump shooter...n for the last time Dunleavy does not need to play the 2 guard position he's better suited coming off the bench as a 6th man where it not only hides his defensive liabilites but also allows the 2nd unit to have a scorer it desperately needs...i thought u guys knew basketball...B.miller HA!!!

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that counts you and me, who are the other three?
    I guess i am one of those five too, as long as he is willing to sport the stache.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I'd love to see Rasho help the Bucks salary issues to bring Charlie V here as the athletic scoring PF.
    Now there's an idea. A very good scorer, but not so good of a player that he's going to make demands (unless his ego is huge). Any word on his attitude/locker room presence/etc.? Would he be a good soldier like the ones we have now?

*edit* I forgot that he's probably yet another bad defender, though..... but could he be worse than Murphy?

Someone else said no because he's another perimeter PF, but unlike Troy, Charlie can attack the basket effectively, which is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I would have considered it.....but I'm concerned about the impact that Brad's contract would have on the 2009-2010 Salary Cap. Unless we somehow were to move Tinsley and some other filler.....we would be taking on too much Salary. On top of that....I'm not so that Miller would fair any better then Rasho with the pace of this offense.
    I view Brad as a tougher version of Rasho with probably a slightly better inside game (neither is worth writing home about) and as bad as this sounds (for Rasho): I think he's slightly faster/quicker. Rasho is just painfully slow.

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Chard Ford: Trade Watch: Top Wings and Top Bigs on the block

I don't think Brad is a long term solution nor does he even help us get to a point where we can get someone in the offseason.

If we're going to do the trade, let's get someone young who plays the way we want. I don't know who that is, which is why I'm going to go read that "back to the basket PF" thread right now.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I view Brad as a tougher version of Rasho with probably a slightly better inside game (neither is worth writing home about) and as bad as this sounds (for Rasho): I think he's slightly faster/quicker. Rasho is just painfully slow.
    The biggest thing for Brad in this offense would be his passing. This offense is perfect for him because he is an exceptional passer and is a very good 20 foot shooter. IMO, he's twice as fast as Nesto, but really what does that mean.

The reason I still say getting Brad would be a good thing is this: You don't need a young person to fill every position. You need to sprinkle in some vets, too. Heck, Brad even played PF next to Divac when he got sent out there. Maybe once Hibbert arrives he could do that here.

A temporary thing, but no reason not to do it while you look for a younger guy at the 4. In the meantime, he probably starts at the C with Hibbert behind him. Foster goes back to PF, where he should be.

The reason I still say getting Brad would be a good thing is this: You don't need a young person to fill every position. You need to sprinkle in some vets, too. Heck, Brad even played PF next to Divac when he got sent out there. Maybe once Hibbert arrives he could do that here.

A temporary thing, but no reason not to do it while you look for a younger guy at the 4. In the meantime, he probably starts at the C with Hibbert behind him. Foster goes back to PF, where he should be.
    See, I still think that losing Brad was a good thing, but that's just me.

Camby and David Lee would fit into the system and help with our interior issues.

Other than those two, getting in a better cap situation always makes sense.

Brad Miller seems like a nice guy, but he's got the same slowfoot issue that's well represented in our post players. Sentiment takes you to bad places.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    Make it 6.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Quote Originally Posted by danman View Post
    Camby and David Lee would fit into the system and help with our interior issues.

Other than those two, getting in a better cap situation always makes sense.

Brad Miller seems like a nice guy, but he's got the same slowfoot issue that's well represented in our post players. Sentiment takes you to bad places.
    agreed. i'd throw in elton brand into that mix as well. only about david lee is he's a free agent at the end of the season (iirc). not sure how much he'd want

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Make it 6.
    Why, when you can have him in a year and a half for a fraction of his present salary?

Quote Originally Posted by mrknowname View Post
    agreed. i'd throw in elton brand into that mix as well. only about david lee is he's a free agent at the end of the season (iirc). not sure how much he'd want
    Lee would demand a Granger like deal taking a little less, something like 8.75 mil 1st year with 9-10% increase over 5 years.

Ford's pretty off base with Lee. DW only trades him if he can package him with Curry for a short-term contract. Or if some goofy GM wants to give up a top-5 pick - with a short-term contract.

I'm beginning to think Lee won't get as big of a deal as I used to. Everyone's trying to save money for 2010 - wouldn't surprise me if his deal ends up starting closer to 6. I was PO'd DW didn't extend him by Oct 31 until I heard his agent was looking for a deal around $10 million. I like Lee but that's too much.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I liked Brad Miller when he played for the Pacers, but no way would I want him back now and in hindsight not signing him to a gigantic contract was a great decision.

I realize that he likes Indiana, he's kind of a redneck so fans can relate to him (no offense to anyone), and that he has a relatively refined offensive game but the dude is also slow as molasses, incompatible with JOB's style of play, will be much cheaper two offseasons from now, and has definitely seen the last of his best days.

If RC was still coach I might consider it. But taking on that much salary for a guy who isn't even going to be the factor in that many games is more than the Simons can or should put on their plate right now. IIRC the team is still losing money even though we are at a much better point this year than we were last year. I am typically a fan of PR moves (i.e. keeping McBob) but not really expensive PR moves like what this would be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    I liked Brad Miller when he played for the Pacers, but no way would I want him back now and in hindsight not signing him to a gigantic contract was a great decision.

I realize that he likes Indiana, he's kind of a redneck so fans can relate to him (no offense to anyone), and that he has a relatively refined offensive game but the dude is also slow as molasses, incompatible with JOB's style of play, will be much cheaper two offseasons from now, and has definitely seen the last of his best days.

If RC was still coach I might consider it. But taking on that much salary for a guy who isn't even going to be the factor in that many games is more than the Simons can or should put on their plate right now. IIRC the team is still losing money even though we are at a much better point this year than we were last year. I am typically a fan of PR moves (i.e. keeping McBob) but not really expensive PR moves like what this would be.
    I agreed with your comments, also at this moment Brad Miller is pretty close to Rasho, slow and not D, I like mike but he is not what the Pacers need

As messed up as it sounds, I could see a scenario where the Pacers trade expiring contracts for Lee + Curry, and then "Tinsley" Eddy Curry until if/when we can trade him. Can you imagine having two roster spots locked up for that nonsense? But at the same time, we'll have David Lee.....

Banned

As messed up as it sounds, I could see a scenario where the Pacers trade expiring contracts for Lee + Curry, and then "Tinsley" Eddy Curry until if/when we can trade him. Can you imagine having two roster spots locked up for that nonsense? But at the same time, we'll have David Lee.....
    I could see the Pacers trading Marquis or Rasho for Lee, the problem is that Lee is going to be asking for 10 mil a year.

As messed up as it sounds, I could see a scenario where the Pacers trade expiring contracts for Lee + Curry, and then "Tinsley" Eddy Curry until if/when we can trade him.
    Vivid imagination is all I can say! Vivid!

streets ahead

btown could be eddy's driver...

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I could see the Pacers trading Marquis or Rasho for Lee, the problem is that Lee is going to be asking for 10 mil a year.
    Lots of people ask for lots of things. I know Santa disappointed me this year.

If Lee was a lock-down defender he might be worth $10 million. Since he's at best an average defender I don't see any GM goofy enough to give him that.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post

Asking and getting is 2 different things. Look at what Gordon wanted and what he finally signed a year contract for. He'll be another FA competing with Lee this offseason. There aren't that many teams with cap space this off season. My estimation is Lee will get 7-8 mil.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Asking and getting is 2 different things. Look at what Gordon wanted and what he finally signed a year contract for. He'll be another FA competing with Lee this offseason. There aren't that many teams with cap space this off season. My estimation is Lee will get 7-8 mil.
    He'll get more than that. If his asking price is 7-8 million he'll have offers from all 30 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by travmil View Post
    He'll get more than that. If his asking price is 7-8 million he'll have offers from all 30 teams.

You missed the part "only so many NBA teams have the cap space to sign him." 30 teams don't have the capabilities of being able to sign him at 7-8 mil.

What are the 2 things David Harrison and David Lee have in common?

They both have the name David and both were the last player drafted in the 1st round. Harrison in 04 and Lee in 05. Just shows that a player drafted last in the 1st round can end up being a GOOD player. One made the most of his talent and abilities and the other wasted his GOD given talent and abilities.