Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Chard Ford: Trade Watch: Top Wings and Top Bigs on the block

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Chard Ford: Trade Watch: Top Wings and Top Bigs on the block

    Chad Ford is talking about Marquis,Rasho and foster in this two articles.


    By Chad Ford
    ESPN.com
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...chWings-090128


    Updated: January 28, 2009


    Trade Watch: Top wings on the block

    ESPN.com
    Archive

    Garrett W. Ellwood/Getty Images
    Will the Matrix be involved in another blockbuster deal before the trade deadline?On Tuesday, we broke down the top point guards on the trading block. Today, we turn to the wings -- shooting guards and small forwards -- who could be on the move. And there are a number of interesting players available at the moment.

    We spoke with a number of NBA general managers and player agents to get a take on who might be moved before the Feb. 19 trade deadline. While such an endeavor is far from an exact science, here's our take on who's available.


    Top wings on the block
    Shawn Marion, Heat
    Marion has been at the top of the list of players most likely to be traded all season. Since the moment the Heat drafted Michael Beasley, it has been pretty clear that the Heat have to move Marion this season or risk losing him for nothing this summer when he hits free agency.

    A number of teams are interested in his talent. The question is, are any of them willing to meet his salary demands this summer? The thought of that has scared off a number of would-be suitors. The Raptors have shown the most interest, but the Cavs and the Kings, among others, also are in the hunt.

    Chance of trade: 80 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Mike Miller, Wolves
    Getting Miller as part of the Kevin Love trade this past summer looked like a coup for the Wolves. However, Miller hasn't fit in and reportedly has been miserable in Minnesota. While the Wolves publicly say there's nothing to the Miller trade rumors, a number of GMs around the league disagree.

    Miller's shooting ability and reasonable contract make him one of the most attractive trade candidates out there.

    Chance of trade: 65 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Wally Szczerbiak, Cavs
    There are a lot of expiring contracts out there, but none gets more attention than Szczerbiak's because the Cavs aren't interested in cap room right now. They want a championship.

    Everyone in Cleveland is crossing their fingers that some desperate GM will pull a Chris Wallace and give away an All-Star for cap relief and late first-round picks. But more often than not, it doesn't happen. Still, with the economy turning sour and a scrum of teams trying to get under the cap in 2010, the Cavs might be able to pull it off.

    Chance of trade: 60 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    John Salmons, Kings
    Salmons is having a career season, but he doesn't fit into the long-term future of the franchise. The Kings have been shopping him all season. Despite his talent, he's never really been known as a chemistry guy in either Philadelphia or Sacramento.

    His versatility, defense and ability to handle the ball have attracted a number of suitors. But buyers beware -- this guy has to start. Take him out of the starting lineup, and his numbers drop and his pouting increases.

    Chance of trade: 55 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Vince Carter, Nets
    Going into the season, no one predicted that Carter, at the age of 32, would put up All-Star numbers on a rebuilding team. But he has played his heart out and, with Devin Harris, has made the Nets respectable. Which means it's the perfect time for Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe to throw him a farewell party.

    Carter has garnered plenty of interest from a few championship contenders like Cleveland and Houston who see him as a nice veteran addition. The Nets should jump on any deal that gets them a combination of cap relief and picks. Getting the last three years and $51 million of his contract off their books has to be a priority right now.

    Chance of trade: 45 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Marquis Daniels, Pacers
    Daniels is one of the more under-the-radar trade prospects on this list. He is having one of the best seasons of his career, and he has a team option on his contract, which, in essence, is an expiring contract. With Mike Dunleavy now back from injury and rookie Brandon Rush waiting in the wings, Daniels is expendable.

    Daniels' appeal is two-fold. Not only can he help a team now, but he represents no long-term risk. For that reason, a number of GMs I spoke with listed Daniels as a player they have some interest in. I doubt the Pacers would mind packaging him, along with one of their other expiring contracts, if it could land them a young big man to pair with Danny Granger.

    Chance of trade: 40 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Allen Iverson, Pistons
    Everyone, including Joe Dumars, knew the Pistons were taking a big gamble bringing Iverson into the circle of trust. So far, the grand experiment hasn't turned out well. While the Pistons look like a playoff team, they no longer look like a serious contender for an NBA title.

    So, what do the Pistons do next? They can keep plugging along, let Iverson's contract come off the books and have around $15 million in cap space this summer. Or, they can be proactive and try to turn Iverson into more assets or possibly a veteran big to shore up their front line. While Iverson doesn't hold the same appeal to many GMs as he used to, he is still a great ticket draw and could make someone a lot of money.

    Chance of trade: 25 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Josh Howard, Mavs
    Mavs owner Mark Cuban has been pretty adament that he doesn't want to trade Howard, but there's enough buzz around the league to make you wonder whether some of it is a smoke screen. The Mavs, at best, are a first-round-exit playoff team. I don't think that's what Cuban had in mind when he mortgaged the future to get Jason Kidd at last year's trade deadline.

    While I'm sure he'd prefer to move Jerry Stackhouse, Howard is the guy in whom teams are interested. If Cuban wants to make a big splash by the deadline, Howard has to be the guy to go.

    Chance of trade: 20 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Lamar Odom, Lakers
    Odom has been on the block for what seems like years. This season, there was a lot of talk that the Lakers would move him after his lackluster performance in the playoffs. The fact that Odom's deal expires at the end of the season also led to the belief that the Lakers would move him now, while they could get something in return.

    However, Odom is still in L.A., and the signals I'm getting are that he'll most likely stay there. Unless the Lakers get blown away with a trade offer, Odom's chances of swapping teams appear slim.

    Chance of trade: 15 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Corey Maggette, Warriors
    No one understood what the Warriors were thinking when they showered Maggette with a five-year, $48 million deal this summer. Not even the Warriors, apparently. (We could say the same thing about Stephen Jackson's deal.) Almost immediately, it became clear that the Warriors wouldn't mind getting out of Maggette's contract, and he has been on the block ever since.

    Maggette still is one of the best scorers in the league, but with his price tag, I'm not sure how much interest he will generate.

    Chance of trade: 10 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Tracy McGrady, Rockets
    Once again, T-Mac is nursing injuries and dampening the hopes of Rockets fans everywhere. This time, it seems like everyone has had enough. The problem is, what GM in his right mind would give up anything of value for T-Mac at this point? Isiah Thomas is no longer running the show in New York.

    So the Rockets can try to shop him all they want, but unless they want bad contracts in return or another injury-prone former star like Jermaine O'Neal, I don't think they will pull it off.

    Chance of trade: 5 percent


    Others who might be moved: Travis Outlaw, Blazers; Jerry Stackhouse, Mavs; Larry Hughes, Bulls; Andres Nocioni, Bulls; Sasha Pavlovic, Cavs; Bobby Simmons, Nets; Linas Kleiza, Nuggets; Rashad McCants, Wolves; Adam Morrison, Bobcats.


    Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.




    Trade Watch: Top big men on the block


    On Tuesday we broke down the top point guards on the trading block and on Wednesday we did the same for the top wings. Today we turn to the bigs -- power forwards and centers. They are typically the most coveted prizes in any deal, and because of that, blockbuster trades involving elite big men just don't happen very often. Still, there's an unusual amount of buzz this season concerning some pretty impressive ones.

    We spoke with a number of NBA general managers and player agents to get a take on who might be moved before the Feb. 19 trade deadline. Here's our take on who's available.

    Top bigs on the block
    Jermaine O'Neal, Raptors
    O'Neal was traded last June. And now, with this trade deadline swirling, he is at the center of the storm again. The Raptors are ready to move him and develop Andrea Bargnani at the 5. But can the Raptors find someone willing to pay the injury-prone O'Neal $30 million over the next season and a half?

    The Heat have shown the most interest. The Knicks and the Bulls also might make some sense.

    Chance of trade: 60 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Marcus Camby, Clippers
    Camby has been a strange fit in Los Angeles from the start. And with Zach Randolph now at the 4 and Chris Kaman also at the 5, Camby's long-term fit is a question mark.

    Given his appeal around the league as a rebounding and shot-blocking machine, he's drawing a lot of inquiries. A number of teams would love to have him, especially when you factor in that his salary will drop to less than $10 million next season. With the Clippers trying to save money any way they can, you've got to believe Camby has a good shot of moving before Feb. 19.

    Chance of trade: 55 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Raef LaFrentz, Blazers
    LaFrentz has what NBA GMs are calling a "super-expiring contract." Not only does his $12.7 million salary come off the books this summer, but insurance is paying 80 percent of it. Add in that the Blazers have other young players like Sergio Rodriguez, Channing Frye and Travis Outlaw whom they could throw in a deal, and a team looking to clear some cap space and develop young talent would have to take a hard look at a deal with Portland.

    The biggest question surrounding a Blazers deal at the moment: Does any GM in the league really want to do Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard any favors after his team threatened to sue all the owners in the league over the Darius Miles fiasco? More than one GM has told me no.

    Chance of trade: 50 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Brad Miller, Kings
    Miller is big and can still be productive when he's healthy. While he's overpaid, the good news is that his contract is done in 2010. The Kings are willing to move him to create more time for Spencer Hawes. So do we have a taker?

    A team like the Pacers would be an obvious fit, but they can't afford to take on his salary. The Heat have been eyeing Miller. Ditto for the Bulls. But will trading for Miller really put either team over the top?

    Chance of trade: 45 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    David Lee, Knicks
    Lee has been fantastic this season in Mike D'Antoni's system. The problem is the Knicks can't afford to pay him this summer when he hits restricted free agency. So the team is trying to figure out a way to either move another big contract like Eddy Curry's or (at the very least) Jared Jeffries'. If they can't, they might have no choice but to move Lee.

    It will be a blow to the Knicks' rebuilding effort, but signing him to a deal worth $8 million a year could blow their chances of having enough room to lure LeBron James and someone else in 2010.

    Chance of trade: 40 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Antawn Jamison, Wizards
    Jamison signed a four-year, $50 million extension this past summer. Jamison has been solid, but his team is terrible, and the Wizards are showing no signs of pulling out of this tailspin.

    If they can package Jamison's contract with Etan Thomas' or Darius Songaila's for an expiring deal, it would save them a lot of money in the long run.

    Chance of trade: 35 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Charlie Villanueva, Bucks
    Villanueva was on the block before Michael Redd tore his ACL. Now the team might have no choice but to keep him around. Without him, the entire scoring load would fall on Richard Jefferson and Andrew Bogut. Villanueva is having the best season of his career and looks promising enough that the Bucks probably won't trade him.

    However, there is a caveat. Given the financial situation of small-market teams like the Bucks, can they afford to keep him? Their payroll is at $64 million next season before they decide what to do with Villanueva and Ramon Sessions. Will Herb Kohl be willing to fork over the cash for a team that looks like a borderline playoff team? If the answer is no, it's better to trade him now and package him with a salary they want to get rid of or trade him for assets.

    Chance of trade: 30 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Carlos Boozer, Jazz
    Boozer and the Jazz are in a predicament. Boozer was planning to opt out this summer, but an injury has put that plan in doubt. Meanwhile, Paul Millsap has turned into a borderline All-Star and hits restricted free agency this summer. Can the Jazz afford to keep both Boozer and Millsap? Most GMs don't think so, with several expecting Millsap to get an offer that exceeds the midlevel exception.

    With the Jazz's payroll for next season coming very close to the luxury-tax threshold without factoring in Millsap's likely new contract, there's a problem. Several GMs are adamant that the Jazz will move Boozer. The problem is, no one wants to give up anything for him until they know he's healthy and know what his intentions are this summer. Whether that all gets resolved by the trade deadline or whether it spills over into the summer remains to be seen.

    Chance of trade: 25 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Elton Brand, Sixers
    The Sixers are experiencing quite a bit of buyer's remorse after giving Brand an $80 million contract this past summer. Brand has been awful in the early going. To make matters worse, he struggles to play the style the rest of the team wants to play. More and more, it's looking like a bad fit for both parties. I've heard rumblings over the past few weeks that the Sixers would let Brand go for expiring contracts and a future pick -- a pretty small price for the most coveted free agent of last summer.

    But will anyone want to take on his contract at this point? The Heat's Pat Riley has always been a fan. The Pistons are looking for a dominant big, too. A Chicago homecoming isn't out of the question either. And the Cavs might be willing to roll the dice, although that's a lot of money to gamble with. Will any GM or owner in the league have the guts to pull the trigger?

    Chance of trade: 20 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Marvin Williams, Hawks
    Williams starts at the 3 for the Hawks but can also play the 4 in a small-ball lineup. He is the guy the Hawks infamously took instead of Chris Paul in 2005.

    While Williams has been solid, he hasn't been great. And the Hawks will have a tough decision to make with him hitting restricted free agency this summer. The team already is cash-strapped. Joe Johnson and Josh Smith have huge deals. Mike Bibby will also be a free agent. Ditto for Josh Childress. And sooner than later, they're going to have to pay Al Horford.

    All of that has led to some rumblings around the league that Williams is available in return for a lottery pick and a little cap relief. My source in Atlanta denies it, but it's something to keep an eye on.

    Chance of trade: 15 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Amare Stoudemire, Suns
    The Suns are the most talented mess in basketball. Some nights, they look like they can beat anyone. Other nights, they get outplayed by the Knicks. A lot of this has to do with a general malaise that has overcome the team. The Suns loved playing for Mike D'Antoni and the freedom he gave them. Terry Porter? Not so much.

    Stoudemire will become a free agent in 2010, and if things keep going south in Phoenix, the Suns stand a big chance of losing him. So GM Steve Kerr has a tough call to make. Do they fire the coach and bring in someone who can make the players happier? Or do they blow up the team and start rebuilding? If it's the latter, virtually every team in the league will be lined up for Stoudemire.

    Chance of trade: 10 percent


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Chris Bosh, Raptors
    Speaking of messes, the one in Toronto might be the stickiest. It's looking clearer to outside observers that Bosh is pretty set on testing the free-agent waters in the summer of 2010. Given what the Raptors have and what other teams will have to offer, it's not a stretch to say the chances of the Raptors retaining him don't look so good right now.

    That leaves GM Bryan Colangelo in a tough position. Trade him and get criticized for giving away the franchise player. Don't trade him and get criticized for not being able to re-sign him. If the Raptors could get a blockbuster offer for Bosh, they probably would have to entertain it. Anything short of that and I think Colangelo will take his chances.

    Chance of trade: 5 percent

    Others who might be moved: Rasheed Wallace, Pistons; Samuel Dalembert, Sixers; Eddy Curry, Knicks; Darko Milicic, Grizzlies; Chris Wilcox, Thunder; Joe Smith, Thunder; Channing Frye, Blazers; Ike Diogu, Blazers; Sean May, Bobcats; Drew Gooden, Bulls; Tyrus Thomas, Bulls; Joakim Noah, Bulls; Rasho Nesterovic, Pacers; Jeff Foster, Pacers.
    Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

  2. #2
    Member Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,625

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Murphy and Tinsley for Szczerbiak?

    I can dream, can't I.
    You're caught up in the Internet / you think it's such a great asset / but you're wrong, wrong, wrong
    All that fiber optic gear / still cannot take away the fear / like an island song

    - Jimmy Buffett

  3. #3
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Wow after being rumored to be heading to the D League, Rush is waiting in the wings? Which is it Chad?
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  4. #4
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Isn't Josh Childress in Europe?

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow after being rumored to be heading to the D League, Rush is waiting in the wings? Which is it Chad?
    the D league thing was from Mike of the Indy star, he was just making a comment.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow after being rumored to be heading to the D League, Rush is waiting in the wings? Which is it Chad?
    I'm pretty sure Chad Ford doesn't cover the Insider Rumour section..rather thats from ESPN Local bots..

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't Josh Childress in Europe?
    the rumors is that he is coming back and he could be traded, even though he is playing oversea I think he can still be traded


    From all this guys I would like the pacers to get Marvin Williams, he is tall and young, can also play the PF at times.

  8. #8
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    I would not mind, but the thing is that they are similar players, they are really slow and don't play D. I would do it for Murphy and filler.

  10. #10
    Member naptownmenace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    4,628

    Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Camby would really help the Pacers this year and next. He's the defensive stopper this team really needs in the paint. A Tinsley and Daniels trade for Camby would be such a dream come true (for Pacers fans).
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

  11. #11
    Administrator Peck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    12,607

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    I guess that counts you and me, who are the other three?

  12. #12
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    I'm with you, that's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title. Brad did say he wanted to end up in Indiana again.

    I don't have anything against Rasho but I would prefer to see Brad back in a Pacers jersey.

  13. #13
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the D league thing was from Mike of the Indy star, he was just making a comment.
    Sorry, I think the only one I read had come from insider. Therefore it had Chad's name on it. I wasn't aware Mike wrote it.
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  14. #14
    Parachromis HC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hartford City
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,802
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I guess that counts you and me, who are the other three?
    I've been on board since September.

    http://www.pacersdigest.com/apache2-...ad.php?t=41260
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

  15. #15
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the rumors is that he is coming back and he could be traded, even though he is playing oversea I think he can still be traded


    From all this guys I would like the pacers to get Marvin Williams, he is tall and young, can also play the PF at times.
    OK.

    From what I've read, Atlanta would retain their rights to him as a restricted free agent if they extend him a qualifying offer.

    So why the language, "Ditto for Childress" when comparing him to Bibby, who will be an unrestricted free agent? If the Hawks don't want Childress's salary taking up their precious cap space and costing them a chance to resign Bibby other others, they don't have to extend him a qualifying offer.

    Though, they could use his contract in a trade and hence, you and the article are correct.

    My question is what does a qualifying offer contract look like in terms of length? Is this what Josh would be entitled to or does his old contract kick in?
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 01-29-2009 at 11:30 PM.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Pacers#1Fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you, that's actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread title. Brad did say he wanted to end up in Indiana again.

    I don't have anything against Rasho but I would prefer to see Brad back in a Pacers jersey.
    yeah I remember Brad saying that he wanted to finish his career here as a Pacers, I think the only way a trade for him work is if we send Murphy and expiring for him.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK.

    From what I've read, Atlanta would retain their rights to him as a restricted free agent if they extend him a qualifying offer.

    So why the language, "Ditto for Childress" when comparing him to Bibby, who will be an unrestricted free agent? If the Hawks don't want Childress's salary taking up their precious cap space and costing them a chance to resign Bibby other others, they don't have to extend him a qualifying offer.

    Though, they could use his contract in a trade and hence, you and the article are correct.

    My question is what does a qualifying offer contract look like in terms of length? Is this what Josh would be entitled to or does his old contract kick in?


    Still they need to resing Horford next year even if they don't resign Josh, that is why Marvin Williams is a nice piece that the pacers can get for an expiring.
    Childress contract was never that big, I think it was like 5mil a year and that is why he went overseas because he is getting pay 10mil and not taxes.

  18. #18
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,302
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    where's a link for your info on Horford's salary and length? (I'm seeing a team option for 2010/2011 and then he would need to be resigned - or extended before...)

    So Childress's old contract applies when he comes back?

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    where's a link for your info on Horford's salary and length? (I'm seeing a team option for 2010/2011 and then he would need to be resigned - or extended before...)

    So Childress's old contract applies when he comes back?
    I am not sure about Childress but like I said before his contract was small compare to the other guys, in the other side Horford is making 4mil a year and he would be looking for a big extension next year and a guy like that is going to be asking for 10mil. Here is the info about Horford.


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...?playerId=3213

    Acording to this he is not affecting their cap

    Here is the info about the Hawks

    Atlanta Hawks
    Trade Player Salary
    Mike Bibby $14,983,603 1
    Speedy Claxton $5,757,818 2
    Maurice Evans $2,500,000 2
    Thomas Gardner $711,517 1
    Al Horford $4,023,720
    Othello Hunter $442,114 1
    Joe Johnson $14,232,567 2
    Solomon Jones $797,581 1
    Acie Law $2,071,680 2
    Randolph Morris $797,581 2
    Ronald Murray $1,500,000 1
    Zaza Pachulia $4,000,000 1
    Josh Smith (TR, BYC) $10,000,000 5
    Mario West (TR) $711,517 1
    Marvin Williams $5,636,142 1
    Hawks Payroll: $79,063,186 Cap Room: $-20,383,186



    Like I said before they need to resing Bibby this year and Horford next, that is why I keep saying that the pacers might have a chance to get him, maybe sending Marquis for him.

  20. #20
    Member Pacers#1Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,781

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah I remember Brad saying that he wanted to finish his career here as a Pacers, I think the only way a trade for him work is if we send Murphy and expiring for him.
    I, personally, wouldn't give up Murph for Brad. I checked on a trade for Brad giving up Rasho on the ESPN Trade Machine and it doesn't work straight up. I also found it difficult to put together a package I think the Kings would go for without us giving up too much. For us to get Brad I think there will have to be a third team involved.

  21. #21
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by HCPacerIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wow after being rumored to be heading to the D League, Rush is waiting in the wings? Which is it Chad?
    Even if we lost Quis entirely and Rush in the D league, we'd have Dun playing 30 minutes at starter and Graham/Jack picking up the extra minutes.

    We've got plenty of dudes with pulses that play SG.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  22. #22

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    IMO a trade is necessary.

  23. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,528

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    I would have considered it.....but I'm concerned about the impact that Brad's contract would have on the 2009-2010 Salary Cap. Unless we somehow were to move Tinsley and some other filler.....we would be taking on too much Salary. On top of that....I'm not so that Miller would fair any better then Rasho with the pace of this offense.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #24
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm probably one of only five people who would like to see Rasho sent out to Sacramento for Brad.
    I'd love to see Rasho help the Bucks salary issues to bring Charlie V here as the athletic scoring PF.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    921

    Default Re: CHAD FORD TRADE WATCH TOP WINGS AND TOP BIGS ON THE BLOCK

    Trading for Charlie V. would likely mean having to take on one of Milwaukee's bad contracts. He's productive and young (24), but he's another perimeter-oriented PF that plays lousy defense.

    Villanueva & Bell - maybe.

    Villanueva & Gadzuric - hell no.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •