Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Report: Bosh tells Raptors he wont re-sign

Banned

Exclamation Report: Bosh tells Raptors he wont re-sign

According to the legendary ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith.

LINK

Wasn't it Stephen A. who broke the news of the Artest trade demand back yonder?
    Last edited by Quis; 02-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Default Re: Report: Bosh tells Raptors he wont re-sign

We all know it won't happen, but I'll say it anyway.

I'd go nuts if we landed Bosh. Perfect PF to go with Granger. I'd trade everybody not named Danny to get him.
    Last edited by Anthem; 02-01-2009 at 10:59 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

sweabs

Cheese doodles.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lookout, here come all of the Bosh to NY Knicks rumors on RealGM and ESPN
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It doesn't really surprise me. I find it difficult to believe Toronto will ever be a successful franchise.

Why would a young millionaire want to live in colder, higher taxes Canada?
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We all know it won't happen, but I'll say it anyway.

I'd go nuts if we landed Bosh. Perfect PF to go with Granger. I'd trade everybody not named Danny to get him.

Same here, I'd go crazy if we could get him. Granger+Bosh and we're back up top again!

What if we are able to get him?

I would love it if Bosh came to Indy. I know Bosh doesnt really mind playing in a high-profile city because he stayed in Toronto while they were doing good. Bosh is fine staying in any city as long as the team is playing well and making the playoffs.

Im sure Bosh knows that the Pacers are about a PF away for making the playoffs and being a all around great team. Lets hope Bird and call up Colangelo and make another great deal, as he did in the summer
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Banned

Larry trade everybody but Granger to get this guy, I don't care if you send Rush and Hibbert, this team could be nasty with a guy like that.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    It doesn't really surprise me. I find it difficult to believe Toronto will ever be a successful franchise.
    Why's that? I know that it isn't a prize destination for free agents, but neither is Salt Lake City or Indianapolis, but both teams have had some success in the past.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Mood

It would be great to get Bosh, just doesn't seem likely though. Could we get that lucky?!
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

There is absolutely nothing that we have either in combination or individually that we could offer that the Raptors would take for Chris Bosh. It is as simple as that.

Several other teams can offer much much more than we can.

However if this would go down this season before the trade deadline we might be able to get in making something happen.

However with the current state of the economy on the Pacers I don't see the team using the expirings for anything other than expirings. Sadly I think what you see is what you get, which truely sucks.

seems like a lot of big man are rumored to be available. Bosh, Brand, JO, Camby and Amare
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    seems like a lot of big man are rumored to be available. Bosh, Brand, JO, Camby and Amare
    Shaq also
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Danny + Bosh would be Godliness.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    I don't see one big man among them. J.O. being the biggest, yet ironicaly plays the smallest. Amare is strong and plays big but is only about 6'9" tall. Camby is a legit 6'11" yet is very thin (however has developed ropey muscles over the years so maybe he counts) Bosh is a nice player but the fact that he is listed as a center on the all-star ballet makes me want to cry (Granger is legitimately almost as big as he is) Brand is about 6'8".

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I don't see one big man among them. J.O. being the biggest, yet ironicaly plays the smallest. Amare is strong and plays big but is only about 6'9" tall. Camby is a legit 6'11" yet is very thin (however has developed ropey muscles over the years so maybe he counts) Bosh is a nice player but the fact that he is listed as a center on the all-star ballet makes me want to cry (Granger is legitimately almost as big as he is) Brand is about 6'8".
    Well what I meany by a big man is a PF/C. Someone who can give us that low-post offense that we need.

With their record and J.O.'s contract expiring, that has to make Toronto want to go into complete rebuilding mode. I doubt if they'd be able to acquire a big free agent. They're probably one of the few teams with a lesser ability then the Pacers to attract a free agent. If they try to get something for Bosh before the deadline I'll bet it's for multiple draft picks and expiring contracts. We do have that, but why would Bosh want to play here long term either if he wants a warmer climate? The J.O. for A.I. trade makes even more sense today then yesterday. I'll bet they could hold onto A.I. if they wanted to. They'll have to get something out of him, but he gives them very little time before the trade deadline. They still have until the trade deadline next year however.

I guess I'll have to edit this. I forgot that one of our expiring contracts (Rasho) can't be traded back to Toronto this year. I think Peck is correct in that the only way we could be involved would be to get in on a multi team trade.
    Last edited by Pacerized; 02-02-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: correcting myself

Outside of Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh would be the next big man I'd want the Pacers to get. Granger and him would be one heck of a 1-2 punch. Don't see it happening though unless we land a Top 5 lottery pick and ship it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    There is absolutely nothing that we have either in combination or individually that we could offer that the Raptors would take for Chris Bosh. It is as simple as that.
    Yup. Sad but true.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

What do I have to do to make this happen? Perhaps a Jobu doll and a bucket of KFC?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I wish I had a jar of magic beans. Then we could trade them to the Raptors for Chris Bosh.

Quote Originally Posted by PR07 View Post
    Outside of Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh would be the next big man I'd want the Pacers to get. Granger and him would be one heck of a 1-2 punch. Don't see it happening though unless we land a Top 5 lottery pick and ship it.
    If Bosh doesn't want to play in Toronto, why would he want to play in Indiana? Both are in the bottom tier of desirable destinations IMHO.

sweabs

This is cheese doodles we're talking about, folks. Not that Colangelo's word is better than cheese doodles...but...it probably is. Then again, Colangelo kind of has to say this:

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/se...asketball/home

Quote Originally Posted by indygeezer View Post
    Lookout, here come all of the Bosh to NY Knicks rumors on RealGM and ESPN
    Those should have been the rumor from day 1. Miami and Cleveland are both building competitive teams which will make it hard for Wade & Lebron to leave. I've thought all along that Bosh is who's coming to NY. He's not the difference-maker those two are but he's very, very good. And if D'Antoni's still here he'd be a fantastic fit for that system.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire