View Poll Results: Should we trade for Brand?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 38.24%
  • No

40 58.82%
  • It wont make a difference on our team

2 2.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Elton Brand?

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Elton Brand?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have no proof of that, and I don't even see how you can speculate on such a connection, honestly. He had a serious spinal injury in his neck. He looked just fine when he got here, and he played well. Then later on his back tightened up. I see no correlation.
    You see no correlation between a spinal injury and back problems?

Thought I would bump this back up. The guy seems to be unhappy in Philly.

Would you want him? Do we have anything they would want? If we could get him would you go after Andre Miller to solidy our point issues?

Just looking for other peoples views on it. I really don't know enough about the guy other than he was pretty good a few years ago

TJ has been available enough. His injury has not been the problem.

I think Brand still has 5 years of 15 and 8 left...but his contract is very bad. He would tack on two more years to our sentence.

While I think we will have a new coach soon who could use his skills, I'd rather the Pacers find another PF to sit next to Roy. I would not cry, however, if we sent TJ and Murphy away for Brand and filler.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
    Theres rumors that Brand is on the block. And its quite obvious that we need a PF that could bring a low-post game to our offense and help us on the defensive end. Brand seems to fit those characteristics.

The only way we could acquire Brand is via trade. If we get Brand, say goodbye to either Granger, Dunleavy, Foster, Murphy, or Ford (or maybe a few of them).

Theres people that said hes not worth the risk because hes an oft-injured big man, and probably isnt going to heal from his injury, kind of like JO. But there are some big men that have fully recovered from injuries and came back with huge impacts, like Amare.

Personally I think we should give anyone up on this team for Brand, except Granger of course. We would definately need to give up Murphy or Dunleavy to remain under the luxury tax.

What are you guys' thoughts?
    We have our 4 of the future in our #1 pick Tyler Hansbrough. Don't think they are about to spend any more money on the position.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    TJ has been available enough. His injury has not been the problem.

I think Brand still has 5 years of 15 and 8 left...but his contract is very bad. He would tack on two more years to our sentence.

While I think we will have a new coach soon who could use his skills, I'd rather the Pacers find another PF to sit next to Roy. I would not cry, however, if we sent TJ and Murphy away for Brand and filler.

I wouldn't cry either, I'd be leading the mob with the pitch forks, tar, and feathers to Conseco. The Pacers have been saddled with 2 albatross contracts that will be expirings next year, why on earth do they need another one while trying to rebuild??

As much as I want to see Ford GONE, this isn't a trade for the Pacers to pursue. If you want to go after a PF, then Landry will be available as a UFA after this season for a lot less money than Brand while basically providing the same #s.

Elton Brand...No way in hell.

Makes too much, often injured. I think the Pacers should stay away from overpaid players to dress in street clothes for fear of JO flashbacks.

Not sure how this team will return to being a serious contending team, but I don't think Bird can get the team in the right direction. Even MJ isn't a great judge of talent. That just tells you how difficult drafting and even making trades can be.

Sports Logo

No way......Brand has lingering injury concerns, is getting older and has a very bad contract.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

No. If we're still looking at the same standing at the end of the season, there will be plenty of quality PFs to look forward to in the Draft that conceivably could make as much of an impact, if not more, as present-day Brand.

I'd keep Danny and Mike off the trade market. Especially Danny.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    So you would just trade Murphy and Ford, which no one wants? If we want to be active at all we will have to give something of value up to get something in return, including cap space.

Banned
    Mood

Elton Brand's career jumped the shark a long time ago. No way in hell should we blow our capspace on a washed up 30 year old.

lol... We shoulda got Iverson , traded around and got TMAC, then went after Brand..

We woulda had a starting 5 of

Hibbert/and whoever we had left..lol
    Brand/Hansbrough
    Granger/Dunleavy
    Inferno/Rush
    Iverson/Price

lol im half serious... even though I know we could never afford TMAC AND Brand, let alone be able to keep our core.. but some of you gotta admit, that , that team would be very very entertaining to watch.. on paper at least .. WOW.. that team would rock.. but in reality , it probably looks better on paper..lolz

I bet that team would kick a$$ and take names in NBA2k10 lmao.. ima have to try it for sh*ts and gigglez..
    Last edited by Kemo; 12-24-2009 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    lol... We shoulda got Iverson , traded around and got TMAC, then went after Brand..

We woulda had a starting 5 of

Hibbert/and whoever we had left..lol
    Brand/Hansbrough
    Granger/Dunleavy
    Inferno/Rush
    Iverson/Price

lol im half serious... even though I know we could never afford TMAC AND Brand, let alone be able to keep our core.. but some of you gotta admit, that , that team would be very very entertaining to watch.. on paper at least .. WOW.. that team would rock.. but in reality , it probably looks better on paper..lolz

I bet that team would kick a$$ and take names in NBA2k10 lmao.. ima have to try it for sh*ts and gigglez..
    There wouldn't be enough ball dominating bad shots to go around on that roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I would steer clear of Elton, due strictly to his injury-proneness. We really don't need JO 2.0 at this point. Which is too bad, because Brand is the type of player we need. We just need him for more than half a season.
    One year later, same answer.

Formerly QuickRelease NapTonius Monk's Avatar

Pass. Early returns might be good, but come the middle of that deal, we'd be ready to move him, and no one wants to take on a superstar, cap killing contract attached to a deteriorating player, unless it's expiring.

gotta pass on brand. he is fading pretty quickly and making big bucks. this would be like bringing j.o. all over again except this time we never get to see him in his prime. that was several years ago.
    this offseason, we need to look for a p.g. badly, VERY badly.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Trophy View Post
    Danny Granger, God love him, is Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Mike Dunleavy, unfortunately, will probably never be able to play through a full NBA season ever again.

Everyone on this garbage team should be on the table. You can overanalyze all you want but this team is terrible.

But anyway, no, I still wouldn't want to take a chance on Elton Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    Danny Granger, God love him, is Shareef Abdur-Rahim.
    How?

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    How?
    He's making a career taking a lot of shots and scoring a lot of points on bad teams, but no distributing in an above average fashion or playing great defense. I will give Danny an edge in that he is a more prolific scorer than Shareef. Is it all necessarily Danny's fault? No, but man the circumstances are so similar.

I like Danny a lot, maybe things would change if he had better teammates. It is hard to tell. O'Brien giving him the green light to hack is just terrible for his career and his longer term development.

Banned
    Mood

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    He's making a career taking a lot of shots and scoring a lot of points on bad teams, but no distributing in an above average fashion or playing great defense. I will give Danny an edge in that he is a more prolific scorer than Shareef. Is it all necessarily Danny's fault? No, but man the circumstances are so similar.

I like Danny a lot, maybe things would change if he had better teammates. It is hard to tell. O'Brien giving him the green light to hack is just terrible for his career and his longer term development.
    The same was said about Pau Gasol while with Memphis. Three years later and he's arguably the best power forward in the league.

Lesson of the story? It's silly to blame a single player for an entire team's underwhelming play. It was only a few seasons ago that Kobe Bryant's Lakers won 34 games. Wade, LeBron - hell, even Jordan - all played on bad teams in their careers.

What's strange is that you were just in the post-game thread talking about how sub-par the Pacers' talent level is, so surely you understand this?
    Last edited by Lance George; 12-27-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrangeRusHibbert View Post
    The same was said about Pau Gasol while with Memphis. Three years later and he's arguably the best power forward in the league.

Lesson of the story? It's silly to blame a single player for an entire team's underwhelming play. It was only a few seasons ago that Kobe Bryant's Lakers won 34 games. Wade, LeBron - hell, even Jordan - all played on bad teams in their careers.

What's strange is that you were just in the post-game thread talking about how sub-par the Pacers' talent level is, so surely you understand this?
    Of course I understand, which is why I said not all of this is Danny's fault, he needs guys around him.

Right now, Danny and Shareef's career trajectories look quite similar. All I can discern from this is that Granger, like most players, can't put a team this bad on his back and do everything, so JOB should be playing him within, not without, an offensive system.

Hopefully we surround Danny with a Top 5 pick and a good player we get from our expirings in the next couple of years.