Thread: IND/LAC

Hybrid View

Default IND/LAC

Pacers get: Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Steve Novak
    Clippers get: T.J. Ford, Rasho Nesterovic, Marquis Daniels, Lottery-protected 1st round pick

Why?

The Clippers are not going to make the playoffs this year, even if they trade Mike Taylor and DeAndre Jordan for Kobe & Lebron. With this trade they essentially get 2 expiring contracts and a solid starting PG with a much shorter deal than Davis. They also get a mid-first round pick, assuming the Pacers make the playoffs. They'll be able to enter the FA market again next season.

The Pacers would have the following lineup:

Starters: Davis, Dunleavy, Granger, Murphy, Camby
    Bench: Foster, Jack, Graham, Hibbert, Rush, Diener, Baston, McRoberts

That's a surefire playoff team in the East, and if not, we keep our draft pick. We also get a potential long-term answer at PG and a C with a lot to teach Hibbert.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Default Re: IND/LAC

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...1~11&te=&cash=

the trade would put the Pacers in a win now situation but part of me does like the deal. but i think the pick could only be top 3 protected since the Clips would not go for it as a lottery protected.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really like this deal. If the Clips owner says he is interested in going cheaper, I could see a deal like this. I love what it makes our lineup look like. Really improves our team. I don't know that the Clippers wouldn't laugh at this if they aren't looking to cut costs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacergod2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know that the Clippers wouldn't laugh at this if they aren't looking to cut costs.
    Yeah, if the Clippers truly think they can win next year with the team they've got assembled, they're going to laugh at this offer. However, it's clearly not working right now, and they've got a pretty expensive team to lose with.

I'd like to have a tiered protection system on the pick. Lottery protected in 09, Top 5 in '10, Unprotected in 2011.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

That Clippers team has got some talent on it. I mean Gordon has been exceptional as a rookie. But lets see how he plays when the veterans are playing too. I really really like Al Thornton. He had NBA athleticism back at Florida St. I really loved him coming into the draft and he hasn't disappointed at the next level. Mike Taylor is a guy that the Clips were high on from the 2008 draft at PG. They have Kaman who is still young, and Randolph (which I don't get but thats another story) to play the four. They could do without Camby and Baron's contract to further solidify their bright future. This team actually has been drafting well over the last couple of years. Before they were cheap and terrible at scouting. Now they are willing to spend a bit and can actually evaluate talent.

I would love this deal. But if Clips ownership reverts back to their cheap ways then it could be very real.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The question is do you really want Davis? And is Camby worth it at his age? If the Pacers were like .500 right now or a couple games over then a deal like this makes sense, but we aren't.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In short, this basically looks like a great deal from a NBA Live or NBA 2K perspective, but I'm not sure it really is from a real world perspective.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods