Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline 2009

streets ahead

Default Trade Deadline 2009

figured i'd just save us the trouble of 107 different threads and just keep various rumors and such in here.

i'll start.

on top of the miami rumors that we've been hearing about JO, today we've got...

Knicks GM Donnie Walsh gives Eddy Curry time and sympathy
    Frank Isola (NY Daily News)

...The Knicks are not expected to make a move with Marbury until after the trading deadline. A deal seems unlikely, but with teams such as Detroit and Toronto struggling there is a chance the Pistons would deal Allen Iverson or the Raptors would trade Jermaine O'Neal for Marbury.

LINK
    Breaking down the Dallas Mavericks' tradeable commodities
    Eddie Sefko (Dallas Morning News)

...It's still possible – maybe even probable – that Stackhouse will be dealt. But he may have to be packaged to make something work.

Deals that might fit: To Sacramento with Erick Dampier for Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas; to Golden State with Brandon Bass for Stephen Jackson; to Chicago with Bass for Andres Nocioni; to Minnesota with Bass for Mike Miller; to Toronto with Dampier for Jermaine O'Neal.

LINK
    another former pacer is being mentioned as a possibility for miami...

Kings keep options open in regard to Natt
    Sam Amick (Sacramento Bee)

...the Kings are closely watching the current trade talks between Miami and Toronto. If Raptors forward Jermaine O'Neal doesn't go to the Heat for small forward Shawn Marion, the Kings could be the benefactor.

The Heat, numerous league sources said, has had recent talks with the Kings and offered Marion for center Brad Miller and Kenny Thomas. But Miami also wants the Kings to take Marcus Banks, the little-used, sixth-year point guard who has this season and next remaining on his contract for a combined total of $5.1 million.

Miller and swingman John Salmons remain the most likely significant players to be traded. According to a source close to the team, Portland is among the many teams that has expressed interest recently as well.

LINK

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Trade Deadline 2009

Jackson=Nocioni?????? Crazy trade rumors.

Trade Watch: Top PGs on the block

Comment Email Print
    By Chad Ford
    ESPN.com
    Archive

With the Feb. 19 trade deadline fast approaching, trade talk will get hotter and hotter over the next few weeks.

There are multiple motivations for pulling a trade-deadline deal. A few contenders are looking for the missing piece to put them over the top. Some teams are looking to avoid paying the luxury tax or trying to get under the cap for this summer or the more coveted summer of 2010. And other teams are just looking to build for the future.
    Shopping For Point Guards

Chad Ford breaks down five teams who are shopping for point guards at the deadline, including the L.A. Lakers. Insider

Trade Machine: Propose a deal
    Rumor Central: Latest trade talk

After spending weeks on the phone trying to get a handle on which players are available, we've put together a list of who could be moved before the trade deadline -- not the easiest task since most general managers claim that no one on their team is on the block -- they are just "listening" to other teams' offers.

That means this information comes largely from two sources: GMs who tell us what other teams are offering them, and NBA player agents who often play important roles in getting their clients moved this time of year.

While most of the players will not be moved by the trade deadline, if history repeats itself, several will.

Today we start with one of the most coveted positions this time of year: point guards. We've ranked them in order of the likelihood they are moved by the trade deadline. In the coming days we'll roll out the top available wings and big men as well.

Top PGs on the Block

Raymond Felton, Bobcats
    Felton is a talented point guard, but he doesn't fit the pass-first mold that Larry Brown wants in his point guards. With rookie D.J. Augustin looking like the point guard of the future in Charlotte, the chances Felton heads somewhere else are pretty high.

The Bobcats would like to get something for him before he hits restricted free agency this summer and have been shopping him since before the 2008 draft. They tried to swap Felton for T.J. Ford twice in June -- once with the Raptors and once with the Pacers. More recently, they almost had a deal completed with Dallas a few weeks ago, but an Augustin abdominal strain forced them to pull back. With Augustin feeling better and nearing a return, the Bobcats could be ready to pull the trigger again.

Chance of trade: 75 percent

Mike Conley, Grizzlies
    Some scratched their heads when the Grizzlies drafted Conley with the No. 4 pick in the 2007 draft. While Conley was a coveted draft prospect, the team was already loaded at the point guard position and it was unclear how he would fit. Eighteen months later, Conley still hasn't found his groove in Memphis.

Conley is a good distributor and an excellent defender, but his shaky shooting has made him a liability. And with O.J. Mayo now dominating the ball, Conley is often left standing around on offense.
    The Grizzlies would like to move Mayo to the 1 or at the very least get another guard who can stroke the basketball. They turned down a Blazers offer of Travis Outlaw for Conley this past summer and have generally been looking for more. I'm not sure they'll be able to get it.
    A rumored trade of Ramon Sessions and Joe Alexander for Conley never materialized, in part because right now Sessions is a better player. But long term, Conley still has a lot of value in the right system.
    Chance of trade: 65 percent

Earl Watson, Thunder
    Watson may not be the most talented player on the list, but there are two big reasons he is coveted. First, his contract expires in the summer of 2010. Second, the Thunder aren't asking for much.

Oklahoma City has its point guard of the future, Russell Westbrook, and is primarily interested in getting below the cap. So an offer of an expiring contract or a young player who fills a need could get a deal done.
    Chance of trade: 55 percent

Leandro Barbosa, Suns
    Barbosa has played an important role off the bench for the Suns for years, but the team is sputtering and just about everyone appears to be on the table in Phoenix. While Amare Stoudemire and even Steve Nash appear in trade rumors, Barbosa is the more likely target.

Barbosa's diminishing role on the team is a telltale sign that head coach Terry Porter has lost faith in him. Still, Barbosa is young and has value: He isn't the pure point guard that some teams covet, but his scoring ability, energy and reasonable contract make him a hot name. It appears the Suns would be willing to part with him in return for a veteran who is more committed on the defensive end.
    Chance of trade: 50 percent

Nate Robinson, Knicks
    It might surprise some to learn that Robinson is second only to rookie Danilo Gallinari in plus/minus for the Knicks at the moment. Watch a Knicks game and you'll see why. Robinson is well-suited for head coach Mike D'Antoni's up-tempo style and has played a critical role off the bench this season.

The problem for the Knicks is that Robinson hits restricted free agency this summer and the Knicks aren't inclined to pay him. They are trying to free up as much money as possible for the summer of 2010 and Robinson isn't worth risking that flexibility to lose out on a shot at LeBron and friends. If the Knicks can get a future first-round pick for him or if they can use him to sweeten an Eddy Curry package for an expiring contract, they'll have to consider dealing him.
    Chance of trade: 40 percent

Monta Ellis, Warriors
    Ellis' infamous mo-ped injury got him in hot water with Golden State, which is still holding out the right to terminate his contract if he doesn't fully recover. That hasn't sat well with Ellis' camp, which would jump at the opportunity to part ways.

A lot of teams will have interest in Ellis if the Warriors want to cut ties. The problem for Ellis is that he's a base-year compensation player and will have to be part of a larger deal to be traded before the deadline.
    Chance of trade: 35 percent

Jamaal Tinsley, Pacers
    There is no denying that Tinsley is on the block. The Pacers did not allow him to join the team during training camp and have been working with his agent, Raymond Brothers, to move him all season. According to all parties involved, Tinsley is totally healthy and in decent shape. Given his undeniable talent, that should have a number of teams seriously interested.

However, the issue is twofold. One is his contract: Tinsley still has two years and $14.7 million left on his deal after this season. Second is the combination of his injury history and off-the-court track record. In the past six seasons, he has started more than 43 games only once. And his well-publicized off-the-court issues have given a number of teams pause. Still, Tinsley could be the answer for teams -- like Miami -- that are looking for help.
    Chance of trade: 30 percent

Andre Miller, Sixers
    Miller may be the most attractive player on the list for two reasons. One, he's a very talented veteran who can immediately step in and contribute on a number of contenders. Two, he's in the last year of his contract, which means teams don't have to commit long-term.

With the Sixers playing .500 ball and no longer looking like the title contenders we thought they were in the preseason, it might be time for the Sixers to make a move for the future. While Miller won't bring them back an All-Star in return, he could get them a future pick or another player who could help them down the road.
    It's not hard to see that the Sixers' future looks brighter with their youth, not their veterans. While Miller might be the first casualty, it's not inconceivable that Elton Brand is next.
    Chance of trade: 25 percent

Baron Davis, Clippers
    After playing in all 82 games last season and securing a hefty contract from the Clippers, Davis is back on the shelf -- he hasn't played at all in January because of tailbone and hamstring injuries. With questions surrounding Davis' lack of motivation when his team is losing, who knows when he'll return from injury?

I doubt Mike Dunleavy would hesitate to move him if he could. On the right team -- i.e., a contender -- Davis obviously has a lot to offer. But who's picking up that extra four years and $53 million on his contract? In this economic environment, the Clippers will struggle to find takers.
    Chance of trade: 15 percent

Kirk Hinrich, Bulls
    By most accounts, Hinrich should be higher on the list. The Bulls have their point guard of the future in Derrick Rose, and Hinrich has real value in the league. The problem is, I don't think John Paxson can pull the trigger because he's a Hinrich fan. And, on a team that's loaded with youth, Hinrich is a rare veteran presence.

I think the Bulls will most likely hang on to Hinrich for the rest of the season. However, the chances he gets traded will go up this summer, especially if there's a new GM running the show in Chicago by then.
    Chance of trade: 10 percent
    Others to watch: Marcus Banks, Heat; Jordan Farmar, Lakers; Jarrett Jack, Pacers; Stephon Marbury, Knicks; Sergio Rodriguez, Blazers; Marcus Williams, Warriors.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Interesting tidbit about Elton Brand. He would look good in a Pacers uni I think.

If Conley's defense and distribution are as advertised, I'd definitely take a look. Offensively though, there's probably no way he'll ever be better than Jack.

Chad Ford talks about the Pacers a bit in his chat today...

Chad Ford
    ESPN.com
    http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=24743

Evan (Indianapolis): The Pacers have two expiring contracts available as trade assets (Rasho and Marquis Daniels' team option) as well as a potential 2009 lottery pick. Do you think they'll use them to acquire somebody or do you think they'll just take the cap relief and the draft pick?

Chad Ford: (1:46 PM ET ) I think they are in a very good position to make a deal if they want to. Both of those expiring contracts are players that can actually help a team, which increases their value. They also have several role players like Jarrett Jack or even Mike Dunleavy or Jeff Foster to offer. The Pacers can go in just about any direction they want. They could be a big player at the trade deadline. My guess is that it will come down to ... can they get the big man the desperately need?

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Quote Originally Posted by dcpacersfan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Conley's defense and distribution are as advertised, I'd definitely take a look. Offensively though, there's probably no way he'll ever be better than Jack.
    He may not ever have Jack's scoring potential, but I could see Conley being a Jose Calderon type PG. If he can play good perimeter defense, not turn the ball over, and initiate are drive & kick game with guys like Granger, Rush, and Dunleavy, he could be a very good starting PG for the Pacers. He's also a high character local kid. I'd be pretty excited if we wound up with him.

The question for me is this: "What does Memphis want?" They're obviously trying to go young and build a team through the draft. Would they be interested in cap relief? Would we have to give up a 1st rounder to get Conley? Would they want Rush or Hibbert?
    Last edited by OakMoses; 01-27-2009 at 02:32 PM.

- Salman Rushdie

Sports Logo Sports Logo

[QUOTE=mellifluous;841327]He may not ever have Jack's scoring potential, but I could see Conley being a Jose Calderon type PG./QUOTE]

This statement doesn't make much sense to me. Calderon is as good if not a better scorer than JJack is.

I think Conley will eventually be good in the NBA. He reminds me of Billups in a way - not talent level but how Boston and Denver gave up on him early in his career and he ended up blossoming by his 5th and 6th seasons. I think it's going to take Mike a couple more years to reach his potential but I think he'll be as good as Andre Miller at the very least.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

I think we'd have a real shot at Brand, and I think he'd pair really well with not only our offense, but also Hibbert and Rasho at C. With Murphy playing so well, and also having a shorter deal, in addition to being able to draw out interior defenders for their slashers, I could see Troy and Marquis (and maybe a future first, maybe a young player like Rush) getting it done. Of course, if the Sixers think Brand is going to revert to his Clippers numbers, there's no way they do that trade.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Eindar View Post
    I think we'd have a real shot at Brand, and I think he'd pair really well with not only our offense, but also Hibbert and Rasho at C. With Murphy playing so well, and also having a shorter deal, in addition to being able to draw out interior defenders for their slashers, I could see Troy and Marquis (and maybe a future first, maybe a young player like Rush) getting it done. Of course, if the Sixers think Brand is going to revert to his Clippers numbers, there's no way they do that trade.
    I think Brand is as done as JO is. He's in the post-knee surgery CWebb phase of his career, IMO. Once big guys have knee ligament surgeries, they're never the same especially when they have them later in their careers. The combination of miles logged and surgery has done in a lot of good Bigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

[quote=naptownmenace;841337]
    Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    He may not ever have Jack's scoring potential, but I could see Conley being a Jose Calderon type PG./QUOTE]

This statement doesn't make much sense to me. Calderon is as good if not a better scorer than JJack is.
    I think it has more to do with mentality than ability. In reality the numbers don't really show this, but Jack is a much more aggressive and effective scorer when he needs to be.

Jack was probably a bad example to use. Let's rephrase: Conley may not ever have Tony Parker's scoring potential, but I could see him being a Jose Calderon type PG.

- Salman Rushdie

There's some interesting players that can be had. Conley being from Indy would be great. If I could do a 2-2 deal with Memphis maybe include Deiner + other for Conley + other this would protect us if we lost Jack this summer. Conley would sell some tickets + having a big upside being only 21 yoa. His shooting percentages are not that bad. .424 fg .392 from 3 and 83% ft. These are actually better than either Jack or Ford. Trade for Conley I say.

Would you do this trade: 1st + Deiner + Baston for Conley , the pick most likely will be 12 - 18 not a strong draft this year unless your top 5.
    Last edited by aceace; 01-27-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add

I am for picking up Conley. He still has good upside and he has the youth factor still.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Conley? Brand? Forget that... the most interesting player on this list is Andre Miller.

EDIT: Of course, there's no easy way to get him. But still, he's the most interesting player out there for the Pacers.
    Last edited by Anthem; 01-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post
    There's some interesting players that can be had. Conley being from Indy would be great. If I could do a 2-2 deal with Memphis maybe include Deiner + other for Conley + other this would protect us if we lost Jack this summer. Conley would sell some tickets + having a big upside being only 21 yoa. His shooting percentages are not that bad. .424 fg .392 from 3 and 83% ft. These are actually better than either Jack or Ford. Trade for Conley I say.

Would you do this trade: 1st + Deiner + Baston for Conley , the pick most likely will be 12 - 18 not a strong draft this year unless your top 5.

I like your trade, could you send your trade proposal to Bird? I would, but of late he hasn't been accepting my calls.

Quote Originally Posted by aceace View Post

Even though the report said they will need to accept less than they want for him, they will not give him away. Other players would have to be involved and after looking at their roster, nothing is realistically attractive. I would like to see Conley here but I think there are better players to chase before the deadline.

I've always been a fan of Hinrich

Still think he's an underrated defender and a pretty good shooter who can pass.

We could trade Jack, Quis and Rasho or Foster to the Bulls for Hinrich and Drew Gooden

Gives the Bulls a backup to Rose, another solid big man, and an expiring 2 guard in Quis who can bring size and a different style in Ben Gordon

The Pacers get better insurance for TJ at the PG position, as well as a better 6th man option off the bench that could play either the PG or SG position better then Jack

They also get another skilled PF, who is also expiring, and good add some PF depth behind Murphy.

Pacers:
    PG: Ford, Hinrich, Diener
    SG: Dunleavy, Hinrich, Rush
    SF: Granger, Dunleavy, Graham, Rush
    PF: Murphy, Gooden, McRoberts
    C: Hibbert, Rasho or Foster, Baston

I dunno, I think the team gets better, depending on who's involved.

Sorry to post a trade idea, I know it might need to be in proposals, but I figure I'd give it a shot since it's a Trade Deadline thread

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

We could trade Jack, Quis and Rasho or Foster to the Bulls for Hinrich and Drew Gooden

Gives the Bulls a backup to Rose, another solid big man, and an expiring 2 guard in Quis who can bring size and a different style in Ben Gordon

The Pacers get better insurance for TJ at the PG position, as well as a better 6th man option off the bench that could play either the PG or SG position better then Jack

They also get another skilled PF, who is also expiring, and good add some PF depth behind Murphy.

Pacers:

Sorry to post a trade idea, I know it might need to be in proposals, but I figure I'd give it a shot since it's a Trade Deadline thread
    I'm leaning towards agreeing with this.

Agree-Miller's the most interesting guy on the list.

Conley and Hinrich don't interest me too much.

We need bigs anyway. For that reason, I like the Drew Gooden idea.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post

Pacers:

I love, love, love this trade, and see everything positive about it!

Banned

I would trade Marquis for Barbosa and Felton for either TJ or Jack. I like Hinrich but his contract is to big and could put the Pacers over the cap. Another guy I like is Brandon Bass, I would love for him to play here.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    I think Brand is as done as JO is. He's in the post-knee surgery CWebb phase of his career, IMO. Once big guys have knee ligament surgeries, they're never the same especially when they have them later in their careers. The combination of miles logged and surgery has done in a lot of good Bigs.
    Agreed
    "Can you take away every single day that we have given to another false prophet" -- Corey Taylor

Banned

this is a new article about the wing players that might get trade and the trade deadline

Trade Watch: Top wings on the blockComment

By Chad Ford
    ESPN.com

Others who might be moved: Travis Outlaw, Blazers; Jerry Stackhouse, Mavs; Larry Hughes, Bulls; Andres Nocioni, Bulls; Sasha Pavlovic, Cavs; Bobby Simmons, Nets; Linas Kleiza, Nuggets; Rashad McCants, Wolves; Adam Morrison, Bobcats.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/column...chWings-090128

Top wings on the block

Shawn Marion, Heat
    Marion has been at the top of the list of players most likely to be traded all season. Since the moment the Heat drafted Michael Beasley, it has been pretty clear the Heat have to move Marion this season or risk losing him for nothing this summer when he hits free agency.

A number of teams are interested in his talent. The question is, are any of them willing to meet his salary demands this summer? The thought of that has scared off a number of would-be suitors. The Raptors have shown the most interest, but the Cavs and the Kings, among others, also are in the hunt.

Chance of trade: 80 percent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Miller, Wolves
    At first glance, getting Miller as part of the Kevin Love trade this past summer looked like a coup for the Wolves. However, Miller hasn't fit in and reportedly has been miserable in Minnesota. While the Wolves publicly say there's nothing to the Miller trade rumors, a number of GMs around the league disagree.

Miller's shooting ability and reasonable contract make him one of the most attractive trade candidates out there.

Chance of trade: 65 percent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wally Szczerbiak, Cavs
    There are a lot of expiring contracts out there, but none gets more attention than Szczerbiak's. The Cavs aren't interested in cap room right now. They want a championship.

Everyone in Cleveland is crossing their fingers that some desperate GM will pull a Chris Wallace and give away an All-Star for cap relief and late first-round picks. More often than not, it doesn't happen. But with the economy turning sour and a scrum of teams trying to get under the cap in 2010, the Cavs might be able to pull it off.

Chance of trade: 60 percent

John Salmons, Kings
    Salmons is having a career season, but he doesn't fit into the long-term future of the franchise. The Kings have been shopping him all season. Despite his talent, he's never really been known as a chemistry guy in either Philadelphia or Sacramento.

His versatility, defense and ability to handle the ball have attracted a number of suitors. But buyers beware -- this guy has to start. Take him out of the starting lineup, and his numbers drop and his pouting increases.

Chance of trade: 55 percent

Vince Carter, Nets
    Going into the season, no one predicted that Carter, at the age of 32, would put up All-Star numbers on a rebuilding team. But he has played his heart out and, with Devin Harris, has made the Nets respectable. Which means it's the perfect time for Rod Thorn and Kiki Vandeweghe to throw him a farewell party.

Carter has garnered plenty of interest from a few championship contenders like Cleveland and Houston who see him as a nice veteran addition. The Nets should jump on any deal that gets them a combination of cap relief and picks. Getting the last three years and $51 million of his contract off their books has to be a priority right now.

Chance of trade: 45 percent

Marquis Daniels, Pacers
    Daniels is one of the more under-the-radar trade prospects on this list. He is having one of the best seasons of his career, and he has a team option on his contract, which, in essence, is an expiring contract. With Mike Dunleavy now back from injury and rookie Brandon Rush waiting in the wings, Daniels is expendable.

Daniels' appeal is two-fold. Not only can he help a team now, but he represents no long-term risk. For that reason, a number of GMs I spoke with listed Daniels as a player they have some interest in. I doubt the Pacers would mind packaging him, along with one of their other expiring contracts, if it could land them a young big man to pair with Danny Granger.

Chance of trade: 40 percent

Allen Iverson, Pistons
    Everyone, including Joe Dumars, knew the Pistons were taking a big gamble when Dumars brought Iverson into the circle of trust. So far, the grand experiment hasn't turned out well. While the Pistons look like a playoff team, they no longer look like a serious contender for an NBA title.

So, what do the Pistons do next? They can keep plugging along, let Iverson's contract come off the books and have around $15 million in cap space this summer. Or, they can be proactive and try to turn Iverson into more assets or possibly a veteran big to shore up their front line. While Iverson as a player doesn't hold the same appeal to many GMs anymore, he still is a great ticket draw and could make someone a lot of money.

Chance of trade: 25 percent

Josh Howard, Mavs
    Mavs owner Mark Cuban has been pretty adament that he doesn't want to trade Howard, but there's enough buzz around the league to make you wonder whether some of it is a smoke screen. The Mavs, at best, are an early-first-round-exit playoff team. I don't think that's what Cuban had in mind when he mortgaged the future to get Jason Kidd at last year's trade deadline.

While I'm sure he'd prefer to move Jerry Stackhouse, Howard is the guy in whom teams are interested. If Cuban wants to make a big splash by the deadline, Howard has to be the guy to go.

Chance of trade: 20 percent

Lamar Odom, Lakers
    Odom has been on the block for what seems like years. This season, there was a lot of talk that the Lakers would move him after his lackluster performance in the playoffs. The fact that Odom's deal expires at the end of the season also led to the belief that the Lakers would move him now, while they could get something in return.

However, Odom is still in L.A., and the signals I'm getting are that he'll most likely stay there. Unless the Lakers get blown away with a trade offer, Odom's chances of swapping teams appear slim.

Chance of trade: 15 percent

Corey Maggette, Warriors
    No one understood what the Warriors were thinking when they showered Maggette with a five-year, $48 million deal this summer. Not even the Warriors, apparently. (We could say the same thing about Stephen Jackson's deal.) Almost immediately, it became clear that the Warriors wouldn't mind getting out of Maggette's contract, and he has been on the block ever since.

Maggette still is one of the best scorers in the league, but with his price tag, I'm not sure how much interest he will generate.

Chance of trade: 10 percent

Tracy McGrady, Rockets
    Once again, T-Mac is nursing injuries and dampening the hopes of Rockets fans everywhere. This time, it seems like everyone has had enough. The problem is, what GM in his right mind would give up anything of value for T-Mac at this point? Isiah Thomas is no longer writing checks in New York.

So the Rockets can try to shop him all they want, but unless they want bad contracts in return or another injury-prone former star like Jermaine O'Neal, I don't think they will pull it off.

Chance of trade: 5 percent

Others who might be moved: Travis Outlaw, Blazers; Jerry Stackhouse, Mavs; Larry Hughes, Bulls; Andres Nocioni, Bulls; Sasha Pavlovic, Cavs; Bobby Simmons, Nets; Linas Kleiza, Nuggets; Rashad McCants, Wolves; Adam Morrison, Bobcats.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.
    Last edited by vnzla81; 01-28-2009 at 04:06 PM.

I'd be thrilled if we can turn Marquis into a good big man.

I'm hopeful that the Pacers will be able to make a good deal at the deadline. You'd think the expiring contracts of Rasho and Marquis along with another player and/or picks could net something decent in return. Right?

Although I guess if a trade can't be made, the cap relief is nice for the Simons. Losing Marquis and Rasho (hopefully) opens up more time for Rush, Hibbert, and our 2009 lottery pick.

I'd just hate to see such nice trade assets go to waste.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON