Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

  1. #1
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    First game using my new Canon Rebel EOS XT. Thanks to heywoode for getting me hooked up.

    There may be more to come. I took about 400 frames, these are *some* of my favorites.

    Sorry Peck and BillS, none of Danny's block. The people in front of me were too tall.


    Dunleavy sporting the mustache.


















    I have a ton of them with Troy in them, this is probably the best.


    This is my most favorite shot of the night.




    This was right after Jack got fouled...hard. It was really pointless for contact that hard.


    Some of the PD gang. Hicks: "Did I leave the oven on?"
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-24-2009 at 02:04 AM.

  2. #2
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,983

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Nice Photos man ..

    Thanks for sharing ..
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  3. #3
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice Photos man ..

    Thanks for sharing ..
    Always. BTW, I miss your old avatar.

    EDIT: There we go. Classic.
    Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-24-2009 at 02:30 AM.

  4. #4
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    I look like Dick Chaney.

  5. #5
    Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northside
    Age
    27
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Nice pictures, I only wish you would have gotten more 'stache action shots.

  6. #6
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_sixtyftsixin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice pictures, I only wish you would have gotten more 'stache action shots.
    I did. Like I said, I took about 400 shots. I selected to upload more on PhotoBucket, but for some reason it only took 14 of them. I may post more later.

  7. #7
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Boy do I have a surprise for you coming. It involves an XSi and stalker instincts normally only displayed by MRat.


    edit - check the file size option when uploading to PBucket, that might have limited how many you can send at one time. I spend more time resizing and cropping post-game than uploading and linking. Sucks because at a certain size PBucket used to undo my rotates for photos I shot sideways.

    But it's still a pretty kick butt site for photo sharing.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-24-2009 at 01:22 PM.

  8. #8
    The Pac-Attack CompACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Dunleavy sporting the mustache.
    hehe - Dunleavy looks like a 70's pornstar

  9. #9
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy do I have a surprise for you coming. It involves an XSi and stalker instincts normally only displayed by MRat.
    lol?

  10. #10
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Boy do I have a surprise for you coming. It involves an XSi and stalker instincts normally only displayed by MRat.


    edit - check the file size option when uploading to PBucket, that might have limited how many you can send at one time. I spend more time resizing and cropping post-game than uploading and linking. Sucks because at a certain size PBucket used to undo my rotates for photos I shot sideways.

    But it's still a pretty kick butt site for photo sharing.
    Yeah, that's what it was.

    I like Photobucket over Flickr because I can upload more photos without paying for it.

    I have PB shrink the photos (Obviously).

  11. #11
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    New Pacers Digest member action photos




    Oh porn stache, why do you only look good on Adam Morrison and Stan Van Jeremy?


    My second favorite act after Quick Change. Always a crowd favorite.





    Who doesn't love a good fight





    Sully Jr in early training to someday safely land a plane in the San Fran Bay


    Barry closes in


    Barry goes for the block


    Barry has been denied! w00t (I think DG did miss this shot though)



    Why we like Diener, the drive, the dish, the open shot for Dun (another miss though IIRC)






    Some of Troy keeping decent pace with quick Houston guards. Props to Troy's improved defense.









    Some Danny shots








    He dishes to Foster (this was a make)














    Gotta run errands, I'll dig through the rest later.
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 01-24-2009 at 06:20 PM.

  12. #12
    Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    In the Washington DC area
    Posts
    4,303
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always. BTW, I miss your old avatar.

    EDIT: There we go. Classic.
    What would you call Von Wafer's haircut? Is it a fade or faux hawk?

    Either way, Danny shows that he don't tolerate it.
    Last edited by MyFavMartin; 01-24-2009 at 01:53 PM.

  13. #13
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Wafer definitely is rocking the faux hawk ala Harrington, though Harrington's was more true hawk.

  14. #14
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Seth, you've got me beat.

    heywoode was right, the club level is the best for photos. And I thought row 5 would work!

  15. #15
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Nice shots, Seth. Great shots of Danny in there...

    I stalked Dukie too, see my thread for the three best shots.

    Yes, I believe the club level, midcourt to be the best spot in the building for photos. I don't have the lighting capability to make on the floor the best spot, and sitting in the first dozen rows you are subjected to the seats being able to wiggle and shake, and you have to shoot over lots of obstructions. The balcony works decently, if you've got at least 300mm of zoom to work with, but you gotta hold really steady at that range and zoom to get any clarity.

    If I ever get season tix, they will be club level. I know I'm spoiled, because I won't even waste the trip to Indy for balcony seats, even if they're free...Yeah, I know....



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  16. #16
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    I need to take a monopod or get an IS lens. But what can I say, I got the 70-200 f2.8 at Roberts for 600, half off, so hard to complain.

    I shoot in my 2nd row seat all the time, but it's tricky as you say. Freaking Sign Guy Matt is sometimes a problem, though my mini plan is midweeks so I haven't seen him much. He was there last night but obviously I was up in the club.

    BTW, the first row was empty in my section. Pretty sad. These were some of the Blue Friday purchases. I spent more on food/beer than the seats. It was such a fun time and club is as comfortable as you could ask for.

    This is the first time I've spotted Duke, just by chance. I assume those are your regular seats Duke but I haven't noticed you when I was down there.

  17. #17
    Huge Member heywoode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    46
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    They don't give you any crap taking that 70-200 f/2.8 in? Great price, btw...Is it the beige colored lens? They still look at my black 75-300 sideways sometimes; can't imagine how much grief I'd get with that big ole 70-200! I bet it is heavy holding that big thing up all the time. (TWSS)

    I got a good monopod for Christmas last year, and it worked out great for the Indy 500....



    RESIDENT COUNTING THREAD PHILOSOPHIZER

  18. #18
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    One thing you can't do in the club is get shots like these





  19. #19
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by heywoode View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They don't give you any crap taking that 70-200 f/2.8 in? Great price, btw...Is it the beige colored lens? They still look at my black 75-300 sideways sometimes; can't imagine how much grief I'd get with that big ole 70-200! I bet it is heavy holding that big thing up all the time. (TWSS)

    I got a good monopod for Christmas last year, and it worked out great for the Indy 500....
    No, it's the black one. Sorry, it's 80-200. I forgot. 600 down from 1200, used, and a very tiny nick on it but I've yet to really notice an effect on any photos.

    I usually don't get grief but every now and then. During the Pistons playoffs in Reggie's last year a security guy walked over and told me I couldn't use a telephoto lens (this after using it in the same spot for the entire Boston series and the first couple of DET games). A few times at security they've looked it over but usually they ask about video capability.

    When I first got my original Rebel I didn't even know it might be an issue, and my guess is ignorance goes a long way. Now my attitude is more like "hey, I'm willing to actually be here and it sure couldn't hurt for people to see some photos and maybe take an interest in the team".



    Duke - just keep shooting. 400 shots should be the norm, as long as you have the guts to delete that down to 100-150 at least. For every decent shot I take 8 crap at least. I go to spring training and shoot all day, I'll focus on a specific infielder just waiting to get that ground ball play in action or whatever, and damn if it doesn't happen just when I look away or give up.

    For example, I had been shooting right before Danny got that final block but then my wife asked me a question and I was talking to her as it happened. Damn you woman!

  20. #20
    Pacer Junky Will Galen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,049

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For example, I had been shooting right before Danny got that final block but then my wife asked me a question and I was talking to her as it happened.
    Pacers.com has a good photo of Danny's block.

  21. #21
    lone pacers fan in israel tde3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    israel!
    Age
    22
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    i should have never seen this picture..


    you see, until now, every time hicks posted something, i really believed it cuz you know, he's the joker, and the joker can't be wrong, right?
    but now i know he's just a nice, fat, bald guy who forgot his oven on(no offense :P )

  22. #22
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: duke dynamite's Photos from 1.23.09

    That's just what I look like after I let the green dye wash out and I take the face paint off. It adds several pounds.

Similar Threads

  1. duke dynamite's Photos from the Blog Game
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
  2. duke dynamite's Photos from the Home Opener (Slim Pickin's)
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 02:56 AM
  3. duke dynamite's photos from the Pacers' Tribute Game
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 12:11 PM
  4. duke dynamite's photos from the the Colts - Bills game.
    By duke dynamite in forum Indianapolis Colts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 12:12 PM
  5. duke dynamite's photos from the Pacers-Knicks game 04.16.08
    By duke dynamite in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 04:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •