Thread: Minny NJ

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Minny NJ

This trade is similar to the two separate MIN and NJ I have previously proposed. This is in light of the Nets putting feelers out there saying they would prefer Mike Miller in a trade. Also, Vince Carter has expressed their need for a good backup PG to take pressure off of Harris.

Minnesota gets

Rasho Nesterovic 1 yr, 8.40M CY Salary: 10.31M Total Salary 10.31M
    Jarvis Hayes 1 yr, 1.91M
    NJ 2009 Second Rounder OUT: 10.35M and 20.33M

New Jersey gets

Mike Miller 2 yr, 19.01M CY Salary: 17.91M Total Salary: 41.43M
    Jamaal Tinsley 3 yr, 21.60M
    Calvin Booth 1 yr, 1.32M OUT: 16.92M and 32.08
    Stephen Graham 1 yr, 0.83M

Indiana gets

Stromile Swift 1 yr, 6.20M CY Salary: 15.01M Total Salary: 30.17M
    Josh Boone 2 yr, 3.27M
    Trenton Hassel 2 yr, 8.70M OUT: 15.98M and 30.83M
    Eduardo Najera 4 yr, 12.00M

We would cut Baston or Swift. NJ only takes on the extra 9M that they were planning on taking on from Miller's second year anyway. This fulfills both of their biggest needs and gets rid of a bunch of minimal-impact players for them. Minnesota gets more expiring contracts than they could from just NJ and a second rounder. We get rid of Tinsley and solidify our front court depth, all while adding three more players to next year's roster for the same amount of money. We get four defensive-minded players. Boone, Najera and Hassel will help our defense tremendously.

Default Re: Minny NJ

What does Hassell bring to the table. He has fallen off my map. It will be interesting to see what New Jersey does in the playoff hunt.

Mood

He is a very good wing defender. At the worst he would help teach/show our younger guys how to defend better. He is a player that is more of a throw in to make money work but if there is a weakness on our team its that we don't have enough defensively capable players.

I think this trade would make us deeper but not necessarily any better. Once we did this we'd have 15 guys who would all deserve minutes. You'd wind up with guys like Hassel and Najera playing instead of Rush, McRoberts, and Hibbert. I'm not sure that's the direction we're looking to go in. If 8 guys played basketball instead of 5, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Also, I think Najera has a bad contract for a team in our situation. He'd be a great fit for a contender, but for a rebuilding team I don't think he has a place.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

The only way New Jersey gives up Boone is if they think Anderson is better.

Mood

Anderson has been starting for NJ. He plays a bit more like Troy Murphy as a 6'11" guy on offense but hes a MUCH better defender. Boone gets backup minutes.