Garnett
    Boston
    Dwight
    Howard
    Orlando

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: All-Star Starters Announced

No Yi?? I'm outraged.
    "I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about." - Peter Griffin

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

I wish they made the distinction between SF and PF as well as PG and SG on the ballots. It would make more sense that way. The west is starting two power forwards. Not that it matters, there is no such thing as a bad "defensive" matchup in the all star game anyway.
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Glad T-Mac didn't get the starting nod after all (CP3 pulled ahead after the last results).

And to be honest, Amare and AI are two of the most undeserving All-Star starters in recent memory...

Wow. AI? Seriously? That's the best the East can offer? What about Devin Harris?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by DanGrangerPwrRanger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No Yi?? I'm outraged.
    No Starbury? The Starbury movement failed.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Fan popularity. If it were based on production Devin Harris would have gotten A.I.'s spot and Dirk should have gotten Amare's. But the fact that 8/10 were correct is a good change from the past.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Pau was robbed!

LOL @ Amare and AI.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Mood

AI? People are dumb sometimes.

When do the coaches select the reserves?

I'm really hoping Danny Granger and Al Jefferson make the allstar team.

AI is not worthy of that at all anymore. Devin Harris all the way. The guys on TNT said that Vince Carter should get a spot??? What are they smoking?

even Jameer Nelson or Mo Williams deserve to be all stars more than AI at the guard spot IMO

and at least they are PGs, I agree I m fed up with back courts with 2 SGs or forward spots filled with two PFs
    Last edited by BKK; 01-23-2009 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    When do the coaches select the reserves?

I'm really hoping Danny Granger and Al Jefferson make the allstar team.
    I believe they announce the reserves next Thursday.

AI and Amare!

i hate this system.

At least there's no Shaq. I remember when he was voted a starter one year and had only played a few games because of injury! All-Stars should be judged by what they're doing THIS year, not what they've done in the past. I don't have as much problem with Amare as I do with AI.
    Turn out the lights, this party's over!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite MAN_force View Post
    I wish they made the distinction between SF and PF as well as PG and SG on the ballots. It would make more sense that way. The west is starting two power forwards. Not that it matters, there is no such thing as a bad "defensive" matchup in the all star game anyway.
    Actually the West is starting 2 centers - Duncan may be listed at F both in the ballots and in every Spurs lineup card but he, not Matt Bonner, plays the center position.

Thassok - we all know all-star balloting is just a fan popularity contest. And maybe that's OK.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Iverson obviously didn't deserve to start, but frankly I remember far too many times where pistons were screwed over because someone that didnt deserve to be in the game got voted in.

So I'm going to sit back and enjoy

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by 2minutes twowa View Post
    At least there's no Shaq. I remember when he was voted a starter one year and had only played a few games because of injury! All-Stars should be judged by what they're doing THIS year, not what they've done in the past. I don't have as much problem with Amare as I do with AI.
    Shaq may actually deserve an All-Star nod this year. He's playing better than he has since he was in LA. The reserve center spot should come down to him and Al Jefferson. I personally think Jefferson should get it but Minnesota's record could hurt his chances.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

AI doesn't even deserve to be an All Star this year!!! what were the fans smoking?

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Iverson obviously didn't deserve to start, but frankly I remember far too many times where pistons were screwed over because someone that didnt deserve to be in the game got voted in.

So I'm going to sit back and enjoy
    Wow, latching onto rent-a-Piston.

I'm no fan of your team, but I respect them, and it sickens me to think of AI as the "Piston" AS rep. Give me Rip over him any day, at least I'll feel like a true Piston made the team. Same with Sheed or Tay. Hell, give us Stuckey over AI.

You won't beleive me, but if I were a Pistons fan I'd HATE that AI was there. As a Yanks fan that trade was the same to me as if the Yanks traded Jeter to get ARod. I'd lose my s*** on that. As it is I can't wait till ARod is moved (hated Clemens from day 1 too, along with a host of others).

Some guys are stars and some guys are part of my team. Being a star doesn't get a free pass from me, no matter what numbers you put up. The type of player is a big part of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    Wow, latching onto rent-a-Piston.

I'm no fan of your team, but I respect them, and it sickens me to think of AI as the "Piston" AS rep. Give me Rip over him any day, at least I'll feel like a true Piston made the team. Same with Sheed or Tay. Hell, give us Stuckey over AI.

You won't beleive me, but if I were a Pistons fan I'd HATE that AI was there. As a Yanks fan that trade was the same to me as if the Yanks traded Jeter to get ARod. I'd lose my s*** on that. As it is I can't wait till ARod is moved (hated Clemens from day 1 too, along with a host of others).

Some guys are stars and some guys are part of my team. Being a star doesn't get a free pass from me, no matter what numbers you put up. The type of player is a big part of it too.
    I'm a fan of the guy that helps us win games. I don't really care if he's been a piston for 10 years or 10 days.

I don't know what a "true piston" is. I just know that Iverson is currently a Piston and he's very capable of helping us win games, so i support him.

BTW, Sheed was a rent-a-Piston 5 years ago. This board was pretty unanimous in the thought that he'd never re-sign here. Things happen.

There's nothing in Iverson's game to be ashamed of. He always gives it his all, and never stops hustling, which is the very thing most piston fans hated about the previous team which were accused of sleepwalking through every other game.

AI epitomizes what has historically been strengths of this franchise. He's all heart and hustle. And I'm supposed to hate him because he dares to play the same position as rip hamilton? I have to choose to like one and hate the other now? Please.

AI is trying really hard to fit in here. He's sacrificing all of the shots he usually gets in exchange for being on an actual team. He's put winning above his own stats. which is all I expect from any Piston.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-23-2009 at 01:13 PM.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Hey, it's your team and your guys. I know Sheed was a rental, but he ingrained himself with the team quickly first off, and obviously he also resigned.

To me AI has been counter to the Piston style of the last 5-6 years (star vs team), is less of a PG than Billups is (thus Denver's magical surge), and is far more likely to not be back next year given where Detroit is in the standings and financially.

I really liked Billups with the Pistons, really don't respect AI (loved Philly getting Andre for him too), and I'm half sick with the idea that Rip was asked to step up and go to the bench to accommodate the situation. Dude's an AS shooting guard and still in his prime, not fading to where he should be going to the bench.

It's a bit like Peja in Indy, he was no Pacer and I feel zero sense of him ever being part of the team. Had he been "our" AS instead of coming over for the 2nd half only I would not have been into him either, not given his attitude plus assuming a semi-similar situation as Detroit, say asking Granger to go to the bench for him.

Some guys can win you over in a short time, but it takes more than just putting on the jersey for him. ARod has been with the Yanks how long and I still loathe the guy. I mean I hate him worse than I hate the Red Sox themselves.

Billups wasn't really a PG before he came here either.

As for ARod, that's the fault of yankee fans and their unreasonable man-love for jeter. A-Rod kills him in every category, but since he plays the same position as their beloved golden boy, he will never be respected.

As for where the Pistons are in the standings, that isn't Iverson's fault. If Curry started Stuckey, Billups, Rip and Prince at the same time, this team would have been just as bad.

The record will reflect the talent level of this team over the next 40 games.

Also, both Rip and iverson are sacrificing. Iverson has sacrificed his offense to fit on more with the team philosophy. I sure as hell am not going to let that go unnoticed.
    Last edited by Kstat; 01-23-2009 at 02:15 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo

What I don't understand is how Bruce Bowen and Ron Artest wound up as numbers 3 and 4 in Western Conference Forwards voting. They finished with more votes that Carmelo, Dirk, and Pau Gasol.

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!