Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Danny G getting some love (The Granger merged thread)

Default Re: Who would you trade Danny for?

For those that said that they wont trade Danny for no one...youre telling me you wouldnt trade Granger for Lebron, Kobe, or Dwight?????????? Thats just ridiculous.

Borderline deals would probably be Bosh, Amare and Dirk
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I would trade Danny for Chris Paul straightup... anyday

But Danny's a Pacer for as long as we can keep him, neither Chris Paul or Lebron James are coming in a trade...
    The NBA ... it's fannnnnnnnn-tastic! I LOVE this game!

I think the only players clearly more valuable are:

LeBron
    Dwight Howard
    CP3
    Kevin Durant
    Yao
    and maybe Deron Williams

Since it's unclear about the rest, I think I'm fine keeping Mr. Granger and his son.

Andrew Bynum #17 C» Add Widget
    2008-09 STATS
    PPG RPG BPG
    12.7 7.7 1.7
    2008-09 FANTASY STATS
    % OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT
    99.3% -0.1% 70.1
    Birth Date October 27, 1987
    Birth Place Plainsboro, NJ
    Height 7-0
    Weight 285 lbs.
    Age 21
    Position C
    Experience 3 years
    Drafted 2005: 1st Rnd, 10th by LAL
    Salary 2009: $2,769,300

He would be so good on the Pacers and would really answer all of our problems in the low post the only other realistic possibilty would be:

Amare Stoudemire #1 PF» Add Widget
    2008-09 STATS
    PPG RPG BPG
    21.3 8.1 1.1
    2008-09 FANTASY STATS
    % OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT
    100.0% 0.0% 3.6
    Birth Date November 16, 1982
    Birth Place Lake Wales, FL
    Height 6-10
    Weight 249 lbs.
    Age 26
    Pronounced Ah-MAHR-ee STAH-duh-mire
    Position PF
    Experience 6 years
    Drafted 2002: 1st Rnd, 9th by PHO
    Salary 2009: $15,070,550

He also would be perfect as a Pacer and would solve the low post problem and he would be the man! Plus I would finially be able to see some dunks in a game! I would want Bynum 1st and Amare 2nd!

I can't believe how much disrespect Chris Paul gets on this board. 2-3 threads calling him a second tier player, you guys are nuts. Absolutely bonkers.

21 points 11 assists 5.5 board 3 steals at the most important position in the game, his team is actually winning games, AND he's 2 years YOUNGER than Danny.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A Klondike Bar
    As long as they take Tinsley off our hands...

If we were trading DG straight up, salaries would have to match within 15%, right? I've not found anyone whose salary would match in a straight-up trade that I would trade Danny for. (Brandon Roy is of equal talent, methinks, but makes too much.)

Trading Danny is the last thing this team needs. We need a second banana.

If it dances... so be it.

wow, just wow to some of your comments.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Lebron
    Roy
    Kobe
    Wade
    Howard
    CP3
    D-Will

Are all no brainers.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

After thinking about it I would also include Greg Oden w/ Outlaw to my list of Byum and Amare!

Considering the contract we just signed him to, I wouldn't trade anyone for Danny. Anyone with his level of talent will be making 20 million a year before Dannys contract is up, if they don't jump ship first. Maybe a young stud but noone is proven enough yet.

It seems like a tough question to answer, depending on the qualifiers. Are we trying to win now/ are we worried about their contract.

I'd say there are around 25 players I'd trade him for, including several that play positions that we aren't stacked at.

sweabs

I had a similar discussion with my father (a Raptors fan) the other day, asking him if he'd trade Bosh for Granger straight up. He said it was a no-brainer and he'd take Granger 10 times out of 10.

To think, they could have had both if it weren't for Joey Graham.

You can use any qualifiers you want.

I'm looking at it right now as things are constructed with the Pacers.

I'm not considering salaries matching and all that, it gets too clouded.

I mean pure value of Danny Granger.

My thoughts are this, Danny plays a position that has more good players and maybe isn't as critical as a Point Guard. Even Center back in the day, but not now, was as important as Point Guard. I wouldn't trade him for Yao for instance, but I would for Dwight Howard, probably/maybe. I wouldn't trade him for Devin Harris, but I would in a minute for CP3.

CP3 to me should have been in my first group, looking back now or maybe in a group by himself with D Wade. To me, the best 2 players in the game are easily Lebron and Kobe. I'd take Lebron 10 out of 10 times because he's younger and can almost take a team to the finals COMPLETELY on his own. He's the magical makes others around him so much better. CP3 would be after those two with a healthy DWade. This after that I think it's all up for debate as far as who I would trade Danny for.

The only guy I wouldn't even consider that has been listed here so far is Chauncey due to age and Carmelo do to the lack of willingness to play D.

---------

Funny thing, with the mention of Jeff Green (joking) and Andrew Bynum on this thread. Ane then last night Jeff Green hits the game winner, I guess and Bynum goes OFF for 42/15. Don't underestimate the kiss of PD for a player.
    Last edited by Speed; 01-22-2009 at 08:54 AM.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

If we are to listen to what the Pacers said either earlier in the regular season or in the off season, we need a low post scoring pf. Amare is dissatisfied with his touches due to Shaq and apparently pouted and just scored only 3 points against the Celtics. He could be reborn here, and we could possibly package Granger with Baston and possibly get the deal done. Kerr might hold out for Diener instead, though.

Haha, sorry, you can't have Amare unless we get Diener!

...or were you being serious?

Quote Originally Posted by sweabs View Post
    I had a similar discussion with my father (a Raptors fan) the other day, asking him if he'd trade Bosh for Granger straight up. He said it was a no-brainer and he'd take Granger 10 times out of 10.
    You should find some new friends.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

Lebron
    Wade
    Howard
    CP3

that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by will567 View Post
    Andrew Bynum #17 C» Add Widget
    2008-09 STATS
    PPG RPG BPG
    12.7 7.7 1.7
    2008-09 FANTASY STATS
    % OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT
    99.3% -0.1% 70.1
    Birth Date October 27, 1987
    Birth Place Plainsboro, NJ
    Height 7-0
    Weight 285 lbs.
    Age 21
    Position C
    Experience 3 years
    Drafted 2005: 1st Rnd, 10th by LAL
    Salary 2009: $2,769,300

He would be so good on the Pacers and would really answer all of our problems in the low post
    i just can't understand the hype about this guy. he became a star without playing and now he's turning into a superstar without playing even good. some guys are too overrated.

there is no way on earth i would even consider trading danny for him.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

The Stone Cold Locks:
    LeBron James
    Chris Paul
    Dwight Howard

In a Heartbeat:
    Kobe Bryant

In Two Heartbeats:
    Dwyane Wade
    Amare Stoudemire
    Brandon Roy
    Deron Williams
    Chris Bosh

More Than Likely:
    Yao Ming
    Kevin Garnett
    Tony Parker
    Devin Harris
    Derrick Rose

Possibly:
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Al Jefferson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Rashard Lewis
    Manu Ginobli
    Josh Smith
    Greg Oden
    LaMarcus Aldridge
    Pau Gasol
    Andrew Bynum
    Micheal Beasley
    Rodney Stuckey

By groups. Off the top of my head.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Default Granger on 2012 Olympic Team?

Bird hopes so.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/01/22/p....ap/index.html
    Indianapolis (AP)
    nba.com

Pacers' Bird has big goals for All-Star hopeful Granger

By INDIANAPOLIS (AP)
    Posted Jan 22 2009 5:55AM

The list of the NBA's top scorers is mostly predictable.

Dwyane Wade, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Danny Granger, Dirk Nowitzki ... Danny Granger?

Believe it.

The Indiana Pacers' relatively unknown forward is averaging 26.2 points and is the league's No. 4 scorer -- making a strong case to earn his first All-Star selection in his fourth season.

His legendary boss has bigger things in mind.

"I want Danny to make the All-Star team, but I'd rather see him represent our country in the next Olympics," Pacers president Larry Bird, a gold medalist with the 1992 Dream Team, told the Associated Press. "That's what I want to see, and that's when you know you made it, because those are all the best players in the world."

Bird said Granger's improved shooting, a result of his work ethic, should get him to the 2012 games in London.

"In the last year, just watching from the beginning of the season, it's all business, but at a higher level," Bird said. "I think Danny understands what it takes to get there, and I think he'll do it."

Granger averaged 34.7 points while shooting 49 percent over a six-game stretch against Western Conference teams that began on Jan. 3 and has scored more than 40 points three times since the start of December.

That's quite a feat for a player who fell to 17th in the 2005 draft. Though he's not as well known as Chris Paul and Deron Williams, the most established stars of that draft, he leads that group in scoring.

Granger isn't just putting up points, he's developing a reputation for making clutch shots. He drained a game-winning 3-pointer over two-time MVP Steve Nash on Jan. 7 in Phoenix, then made a game-tying jumper late in regulation before the Pacers beat Detroit in overtime a week later.

He made another dramatic shot this week, a game-tying 3-pointer with 2.5 seconds left Monday at New Orleans, before being one-upped by Paul at the buzzer.

If he makes the All-Star game, he'll get voted in by the coaches. In the most recent returns from fan balloting, Granger was just eighth among Eastern Conference forwards.

If history is an indicator, Granger's slot in the Feb. 15 game in Phoenix appears secure. No player since 1992 who has averaged at least 26.1 points and was healthy at the All-Star break failed to make his conference's team, according to STATS LLC.

Bird never thought he'd have a chance to see Granger make it in a Pacers uniform. He recalls thinking he'd have to trade up for a shot at him.

"The day we brought him in to work him out for the draft, I told him there's no way we'll get you at 17, you're just too good," Bird said. "I never even dreamed we'd have a possibility."

A knee injury Granger suffered while playing at New Mexico scared teams off and allowed the Pacers to get their man.

Granger's first NBA mentor was Ron Artest, the former defensive player-of-the-year now with Houston. Granger said intense practices and training sessions with Artest helped him understand how hard he needed to work to make it in the league.

"He said they've always got somebody coming behind you waiting to take your spot," Granger said. "He said 'take you a spot, even if it's mine."'

Granger has steadily improved each season. He averaged 7.5 points as a rookie, 13.9 his second season and 19.6 in 2007-08.

With Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal having been traded the past three seasons, Granger is now the face of the franchise. He signed a five-year contract extension this season worth up to $65 million.

"He's going to have to be the cornerstone now," Pistons foward Tayshaun Prince said. "He's the guy that's playing great basketball and carrying the load for the team."

Granger scored 30 points in a loss at Utah on Jan. 12.

"He has freedom throughout the offense," Jazz guard Ronnie Brewer said. "He's able to take it to the basket, come off downscreens, pick and rolls. If he's hot and gets it going, he's capable of scoring 40 points."

He scored 37 points in the win at Phoenix, but the big shot over Nash was the one that increased his confidence the most.

"It just took it to another level," Granger said. "I had already been scoring the ball, and at that moment in time, I really wanted to take that last shot. That's what I live for, that's the shot I want to take."

Bird considers Granger a very good all-around player, but he wants Granger to continue to fine-tune the skills that don't involve scoring.

"I don't care if you get 40," Bird said. "Get eight rebounds. Get five assists. It's them little things that make you a complete player. If I had anything to say about his game, he should be getting eight rebounds a game. Other than that, he's fine."

Granger wants to attack his weaknesses to reach his personal goals and reward Bird's confidence. He sees making the Olympic team as a legitimate possibility.

"That's a great honor, and I think I could definitely reach that level," he said. "It's definitely within my grasp. I just have to keep developing my game."

-Lance Stephenson

Default Re: Granger on 2012 Olympic Team?

Ideally:

LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Howard, Paul, Deron, Roy, Granger, Millsap, Durant, plus one of Suckey/Rose and one of Oden/Lopez.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I thought the 2012 team was coming from the same preset pool from a few years ago? I trust Kstat so I guess I'm out of the loop on the Olympics situation for 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Naptown_Seth View Post
    I thought the 2012 team was coming from the same preset pool from a few years ago? I trust Kstat so I guess I'm out of the loop on the Olympics situation for 2012.
    The pool only has a 3-year window. There will be a new pool selected next summer for an additional 3 years.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

I don't know that you'll be able to write off Kobe or Carmelo in 3.5 years. They were too important in the last run.

Chris Paul
    Kobe Bryant
    LeBron James
    Chris Bosh
    Dwight Howard

Dwyane Wade
    Amare Stoudemire
    Deron Williams
    Carmelo Anthony

The remaining 3 spots will be open.

I'll take Greg Oden as interior defender, Derrick Rose as my 3rd PG, and the shooter spot is tough to call. Granger could get that but my money is on Durant.

I'd like to see Granger on the team but I'd be surprised if it happened. Though if Coach K sticks around for another try I could see him falling in love with Danny.

-Lance Stephenson

NO NO NO NO NO! I do NOT want Granger playing in the summer! I don't care about the honor, he's taking 3 years off of his career if he does it.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!