Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DraftCity reporting #7 for Harrington is finalized

PacersFan

Default DraftCity reporting #7 for Harrington is finalized

I'm not sure how reliable DraftCity is but

The rumored trade involving the #7 pick and Al Harrington appears to be finalized, although anything can happen between the time of this writing and the draft. If the Pacers were to get the #7 pick they are rumored to be interested in Luke Jackson.
    2004 Mock Draft

Default Re: DraftCity reporting #7 for Harrington is finalized

:nervous:

I have don't have any inside info, but I tend to think the pacers will trade AL for Luke Jackson tonight

The rumored trade involving the #7 pick and Al Harrington appears to be finalized, although anything can happen between the time of this writing and the draft. If the Pacers were to get the #7 pick they are rumored to be interested in Luke Jackson.
    2004 Mock Draft
    Smarter move, if that's who the Pacers really want, would be for Chicago to draft Jackson and then make the deal, in case he'd already be gone.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

Mood

I have don't have any inside info, but I tend to think the pacers will trade AL for Luke Jackson tonight
    Same here.

Mood

2004 Mock Draft
    Smarter move, if that's who the Pacers really want, would be for Chicago to draft Jackson and then make the deal, in case he'd already be gone.
    I'd imagine that's how it's setup. Meaning if he's gone, the deal's off.

Or they could make the trade right after the sixth pick, right?

Same difference anyway.

IndyToad
    Gordon finish!

Yea, I agree that whoever picks Luke they will trade Al for him. Because really theres no guarantee they will get him at the 7th pick. Only in the top 5 is there a real guarantee.

NO!

I can't believe that Larry and DW would just lay out the blue-prints like this?

There has to be a catch, someone (LB and DW) is not telling the truth.
    Why would we grab yet another young gun and give up our 6th man? Are we not trying to win it all next year?

I am worried. Do they think this is going to get us over the hump to the finals? I don't know.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Guys, it was proven last night that Al doesn't show up in when he's needed in he playoffs.

I do think we can do better for Al, and hopefully Tyson Chandler is included.

I am worried. Do they think this is going to get us over the hump to the finals? I don't know.
    Exactly... If this does indeed happen, I will have mixed emotions

If this is true it's idiotic. ESPECIALLY if Ron gets traded.

6th man of the year candidate, 3rd leading scorer on the team, for an unproven rookie that will take a few years to develop, even if he IS good.

diego

NO!

Why would we grab yet another young gun and give up our 6th man? Are we not trying to win it all next year?
    I guess i dont understand why this is so hard to understand. They feel Bender will become the 6th man and probably be better than Al....Al wants to start and want to be traded so he can be. Plus it clears out a log jam there. In an ideal world Al would be happy with his role and accept it, but he isnt. I also dont think by just losing Al, it will affect us not winning a ring, even if we bring in another young player.

Zesty

I've learned to put faith in DW (and as such, LB) until I have tangible evidence to prove that they have made a poor decision.

I guess i dont understand why this is so hard to understand. They feel Bender will become the 6th man and probably be better than Al....Al wants to start and want to be traded so he can be. Plus it clears out a log jam there. In an ideal world Al would be happy with his role and accept it, but he isnt. I also dont think by just losing Al, it will affect us not winning a ring, even if we bring in another young player.
    I see your point, but we should be able to get more than that for AL. Especially when we have all summer to wheel-and-deal.

for an unproven rookie that will take a few years to develop, even if he IS good.
    He's more proven than a player right out of high school though.

Remember, he was a senior that autmatically gives him some upside compared to an 18 year old.

This might sound crazy, but I don't think a GM can have that narrow of a view of thngs. If Bird believes that Jackson is the answer for us at shooting guard for the next 10 years then it is a good trade.

For example if in 1987 when the pacers drafted Reggie...if they had to trade their 6th man to get him, looking back the pacers would have been stupid not to

GM's have to lookdown the road a little bit.

it all depends on how good Jackson is going to be

NO!

I realize that we need to clear out our logjam and I am all for trading Al, you addressed the wrong issue.

If this is true it's idiotic. ESPECIALLY if Ron gets traded.

6th man of the year candidate, 3rd leading scorer on the team, for an unproven rookie that will take a few years to develop, even if he IS good.

Come on...think back to the AD-Bender deal...Everyone hated it then...and now......well, maybe they still hate it........
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

diego

We also need to realize Al is not worth as much as most here think he is. We over value our players a lot which is human tendency. AD was traded for the 5th pick and his value to the team at the time was about the same as Als. Almost identical situations.

diego

NO!

I realize that we need to clear out our logjam and I am all for trading Al, you addressed the wrong issue.

what issue do you want me to address.

This might sound crazy, but I don't think a GM can have that narrow of a view of thngs. If Bird believes that Jackson is the answer for us at shooting guard for the next 10 years then it is a good trade.

For example if in 1987 when the pacers drafted Reggie...if they had to trade their 6th man to get him, looking back the pacers would have been stupid not to

GM's have to lookdown the road a little bit.

it all depends on how good Jackson is going to be
    True, we have to look down the road, but in 1987 we weren't a near Finals team. This is that team, and if we don't get into the Finals, or at least closer, it will be viewed as a disappointment. Especially considering we are losing a major presence off the bench.

Another question I wonder is what we do with 3 SGs.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If this deal happens it means the Pacers are banking heavily on Bender. Considering he doesn't seem able to stay healthy it's a risk.

But they need a SG more than a spare SF. Could be interesting days.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

NO!

what issue do you want me to address.
    I realize that Al will most likely be traded. It is just...I want him to be traded for someone who can help right now. Can a rookie do that for this club? Why not trade Al for a proven NBA player?

Then by getting rid of Al, you place alot of pressure on Bender (health issues concern all of us) and that Rookie to perform in a way they never have before. Atleast if we get a proven player, we know what to expect.