Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 80

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

  1. #1
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    In truth....the game was really lost cuz we poorly defended the corner pocket that Peja and Butler camped out at. Probably about a 1/3 of the points that the Hornets made were hit from that corner.

    Granger was clutch for us and Ford played very poorly. Ford's such a hit and miss PG for us.....against some teams...he just owns the opposing team.....in others...like this game....he couldn't hit a shot and made many mistakes.

    Discuss....
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-19-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  2. #2
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Perimeter defense needs some work.

    Good job to Danny.

  3. #3
    Member Evan_The_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, In. via Oakland, Ca.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,406

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    I already knew what was going to happen when the Hornets had the ball with 2.5 left on the clock. But once again Great Great Great shot by Danny he's truly a beast out there.

  4. #4
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Was able to watch the whole game on LP.

    Sure the perimeter defense needs some work, but remember Chris Paul is almost impossible to stop for very good defensive teams, we tried to trap him on the pick and rolls, but he was able to split almost everytime so the corners were wide open.

    Interestingly, Granger was guarding Paul on the last play but Granger was picked off after Paul got the ball so Murph had to pick him up and that was bad news right there.

    The Hornets really played great defrense in the second half - that IMO was the difference in the game. Pacers defense tonight wasn't bad
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 01-19-2009 at 07:07 PM.

  5. #5
    Member MiaDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Its rough to be a Pacer fan right about now....

  6. #6
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was able to watch the whole game on LP.

    Sure the perimeter defense needs some work, but remember Chris Paul is almost impossible to stop for very good defensive teams, we tried to trap him on the pick and rolls, but he was able to split almost everytime so the corners were wide open.

    Interestingly, Granger was guarding Paul on the last play but Granger was picked off after Paul got the ball so Murph had to pick him up and that was bad news right there.

    The Hornets really played great defrense in the second half - that IMO was the difference in the game. Pacers defense tonight was bad
    That's right. We had an appointment later in the second half, so had to leave. I was following it on ESPN on my iPhone. I knew that something was going to keep the game from going into extra innings.

    Can't put them down for making it a game, though.

  7. #7
    Indy's #1 Hockey Fan Peter_sixtyftsixin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northside
    Age
    26
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by MiaDragon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its rough to be a Pacer fan right about now....
    Yeah, it is, but I think things are still moving forward, even if we have to deal with losses like these.

  8. #8
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    After the 3rd QTR.....Diener, Dunleavy and Graham made a good solid run for us. We made very little mistakes after Ford sat. Ford is really good at dribbling around everyone in circles...even ending up inside the paint and directly underneath the basket....but half the time, once he gets there...he often coughs the ball up, gets his shot rejected or has no clue what to do with the ball once he's there.

    Also, I'm guessing that JO'B has settled on his 8-man rotation. I'm not one for giving players like Hibbert minutes for the sake of it....but in the 4th QTR, CP3 hit 3 or 4 shots in a row where he simply split his defenders, skipped into the lane and layed it up in front of the basket. It would have been nice if we actually had a shot blocker or someone that was really tall....oh...I don't konw...maybe someone that was 7'2" with a tall wingspan that can stand in his way to try and block or at least alter his shot.

    Murphy wasn't very effective in the 4th QTR.....I would really be interested in what his 4th QTR Stats are compared to his 1st 3 QTR Stats.....I would bet that the vast majority of his points that he makes in the season are made in the 1st 3 QTRs and he tends to miss more in the 4th QTR. He simply couldn't buy a shot against the likes of Sean Marks or Melving Ely.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-19-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Rookies aren't getting even a few minutes.

  10. #10
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by speakout4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Rookies aren't getting even a few minutes.
    The whole point of benching your young guys to win out...

  11. #11
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    It would have been nice if we actually had a shot blocker or someone that was really tall....oh...I don't konw...maybe someone that was 7'2" with a tall wingspan that can stand in his way to try and block or at least alter his shot.
    Yes, and I'm sure Paul would've appreciated the And-1's.

  12. #12
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    What can you say about CP-3 making the shot?

    I know I got tired of hearing how the ball was "kicked" by TJ Ford on his steal. It appeared that CP-3 dribbled the ball off of TJ's foot. Is that still considered a "kicked ball"?
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

  13. #13
    '12 PD Sunshiner awardee Kemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    A-Town , Indiana
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,968

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It would have been nice if we actually had a shot blocker or someone that was really tall....oh...I don't konw...maybe someone that was 7'2" with a tall wingspan that can stand in his way to try and block or at least alter his shot.


    +100

    Also.. anyone notice that Brandon wasn't even listed in the box score as a DNP-CD ??

    Inactive Pacers: McRoberts , Rush , Tinsley

    I think it is VERY ridiculous that Hibbert starts for us and does a pretty stand-up job the last 3 or 4 games he played, then he disappears into nowhere land ...

    It just doesn't make sense to me..
    Last edited by Kemo; 01-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    I don't think we're going to make the playoffs.

  15. #15
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can you say about CP-3 making the shot?

    I know I got tired of hearing how the ball was "kicked" by TJ Ford on his steal. It appeared that CP-3 dribbled the ball off of TJ's foot. Is that still considered a "kicked ball"?
    Their commentators were just plain classless. They tended to complain, too when the tempo swung into our favor.

  16. #16
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What can you say about CP-3 making the shot?

    I know I got tired of hearing how the ball was "kicked" by TJ Ford on his steal. It appeared that CP-3 dribbled the ball off of TJ's foot. Is that still considered a "kicked ball"?
    No, that's not a kicked ball. It has to be intentional.

  17. #17
    Member BPump33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,837

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    You know, when we got the ball back down by three I had a really good feeling that Danny would come through. Just having that feeling back from the Reggie days is nice. I'm not putting Danny's clutchness in the same league as Reggie's, but it's nice to know we have someone that can deliver.

    However, with 2.5 seconds left I also knew that CP3 would find a way to kill us. I want to be happy about Danny's progression, but our terrible, terrible defense is just so damn painful to watch.
    Passion. Pride. Patience. Pacers

  18. #18
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their commentators were just plain classless. They tended to complain, too when the tempo swung into our favor.
    Give me a break. Our commentators (and every other local group) do the exact same thing. It's in their best interest. The vast majority of their viewers will be Hornets fans.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  19. #19
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and I'm sure Paul would've appreciated the And-1's.
    Believe me, I'm not saying that I want Hibbert in just cuz I want him to get more minutes.... but when CP3 is continually hitting that "split the defenders,drive to the FT line and lay it up to the hoop" shot...I would hope that we get a shotblocker or at least someone with a long frame in there to try to alter his shot and path to the hoop.

    I would much rather have him drive to the hoop and run into Hibbert and his tall frame then have him take an uncontested shot with Murphy protecting the paint.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  20. #20
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we're going to make the playoffs.
    How anyone could think that since beyond maybe the 10th game of the season is beyond me.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  21. #21
    Member Kuq_e_Zi91's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    2,292

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we're going to make the playoffs.
    If we're not making the playoffs and we're not developing the young guys, what in the world are we doing?

  22. #22
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by tbabyy924 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If we're not making the playoffs and we're not developing the young guys, what in the world are we doing?
    Wasting a year.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  23. #23
    Member CableKC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Jose, CA ( 1123, 6536, 5321 )
    Age
    41
    Posts
    24,371

    Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think we're going to make the playoffs.
    We're not going to if Ford plays like this every game. The game wasn't lost cuz of Ford.....it's cuz of our inability to properly defend that corner pocket 3pt shot.....but he has to really step up and play right if we stand any chance of making it.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

    This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

  24. #24
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a break. Our commentators (and every other local group) do the exact same thing. It's in their best interest. The vast majority of their viewers will be Hornets fans.
    Yeah, Chris and the rest are Biased, but they aren't jerks. Either way, they were throwing things out there that weren't necessary and just plain uncolorful.

  25. #25
    Administrator Roaming Gnome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,933

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose with a CP3 Clutch 3pt shot

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their commentators were just plain classless. They tended to complain, too when the tempo swung into our favor.
    Actually, I will disagree with you. Until recently, I've always had league pass and enjoyed listening to their broadcast. I feel they are very fair, most times. As for your irritation...I think you misunderstood when it was being brought up that our big men were cheating. It meant cheating away from the men they were guarding... Not cheating the game.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Similar Threads

  1. The Official Pacers Digest F.A.Q. Thread
    By Hicks in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 09-02-2013, 05:30 PM
  2. Pacers 76ers Post Game Thread
    By Justin Tyme in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 06:41 PM
  3. Post Game thread: Pacers Hawks
    By McKeyFan in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
  4. Post game thread: Pacers vs. Suns
    By pianoman in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 04:54 AM
  5. Post Game Thread: Pacers @ Pistons at 8:00pm [SEASON OPENER]
    By MillerTime in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 06:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •