Thread: SG Anthony Peeler uses option; 48% 3P% last year

Default SG Anthony Peeler uses option; 48% 3P% last year

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1827185

Wednesday, June 23, 2004
    Associated Press

[size=18:0034a9ca85]Peeler spent one season in Sacramento[/size]

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- Sacramento Kings guard Anthony Peeler declined to exercise his contract option for next season Wednesday, making him a free agent on July 1.

Peeler averaged 5.7 points and 2.0 rebounds as a backup guard in his first season with Sacramento. The 12-year veteran led the NBA in 3-point percentage, shooting 48.2 percent (68-for-141).

"I think that it gives him a chance to control his own destiny and look over all the opportunities that are out there," said Geoff Petrie, the Kings' president of basketball operations. "I think he liked it here very much and is not averse to coming back."
    ------------------------------------------

So, would Anthony be a type of player the Pacers would look at? He knows he's a reserve player and does well as one. Your thoughts?

p.s. sorry if this has already been posted.

debohstheman

Default Re: SG Anthony Peeler uses option; 48% 3P% last year

i think he adds nothing that isnt already on our team....my way of viewing it is that reggie should come off of the bench....letting either freddie or someone we trade/draft start...

however, if reggie starts...fred gives us a different look off of the bench...a slashing, athletic, defense oriented 2 guard.

peeler doesnt do much more than reggie does...so its kind of a redundant move....

peeler doesnt do much more than reggie does...so its kind of a redundant move....
    It may be, but, what if Reggie were to become injured and miss quite a few games during the season? Then, Peeler would be the perfect replacement, would he not?

LAPacer

It may be, but, what if Reggie were to become injured and miss quite a few games during the season? Then, Peeler would be the perfect replacement, would he not?
    I'd rather have the heir apparent than the servicable replacement. I think that's what all the fuss is about this offseason. Not so we can sign, (in a Stephen A. Smith voice) "Anthony Peeler, you've got to be kidding me, all this hype on making moves and Donnie Walsh is gonna sign Anthony Peeler, might as well make a trade for Slava Med-ve-denk-o"

I don't want him. Remember, he's gonna be suspended for the first game of the season.

If we're gonna get a veteran shooter, we're gonna look elsewhere. Like, for example, a certain younger brother of someone in the front office...
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

If we're gonna get a veteran shooter, we're gonna look elsewhere. Like, for example, a certain younger brother of someone in the front office...
    Who are you referring to?

Who are you referring to?
    Somebody I've been keeping to myself, cause I don't want to jinx it, and it'd depend on what trade(s) we end up doing.

If you really want to know, as Jay...
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Wesley Person.

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Wow.

Are you sure? I like his shot - clearly it runs in the genes... but his game has more holes than Swiss cheese.

If UB were dead, he'd be turning over in his grave about now.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you

If UB were dead, he'd be turning over in his grave about now.
    Never stopped Charles Barkley from saying it.

We won't need Peeler if we draft a SG like Luke. With Reggie, Freddie, and the third guy, that is plenty of SGs.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.