Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Postgame pacers vs raptors

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Postgame pacers vs raptors

THat was an ugly game reminiscent of the sixers game. danny was bad in the 4th for some reason. It was a good team effort. WIN STREAK!!
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Default Re: Postgame pacers vs raptors

It sure is nice having a guy like JJ who can knock down 6 straight FTs without ever having a doubt. We have missed that the last few years.

Banned

good game for the pacers to win, it was boring.............

Dunleavy's smarts won this game. You can see the veteran leadership this team desperately needs.

It's a darn good thing that we traded Jermaine. What did he have like two points in 23 minutes?????
    Last edited by WInslow22; 01-16-2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: grammar
    What you own is your own kingdom
    What you do is your own glory
    What you love is your own power
    What you live is your own story

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Now everybody is beginning to see what we were missing with dunleavy out
    Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Jack is the guy i want shooting FT in the clutch every time.

i was going to be furious but they got the win.. can't be too angry.

Quote Originally Posted by WInslow22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a darn good thing that we traded Jermaine. What did he have like two points in 23 minutes?????
    This was like his 1st game back from injury.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by QuickRelease View Post
    This was like his 1st game back from injury.
    i think that helps his point

Ok the issue with the Pacers is that their offense is built around the princeton offense which consists of movement and cutting and passing. When they turn into a dribble and shoot team they suck badly. That was brutal to watch in the 4th

Where's all the Jack haters?

I was very impressed with Jack tonight. Much more controlled than we're used to seeing. He was really an asset tonight.

Rough night for the young'ns though: no Hibby, BRush was invisible and McRoberts may as well have been.

Random thoughts:

After saying on his radio show that we'd be tightening the rotation, OBrien played all 12 active players tonight. Huh?

Quinn talked about the young guys causing the team to lose it's rhythm but to my eyes it wasn't that at all. McRoberts kinda got a raw deal with a couple of calls and that did allow Toronto to close... But I think the lineup OBrien was trying to close with was questionable. I said today that Foster is a situational player... Well today was one of those situations where he was very effective. But he got glued to the bench in the 4th. TJ Ford has a knack for making some tough baskets and Jarret Jack has a knack for overdribbling and missing those same type of shots. So TJ stays glued to the bench for much of the Toronto comeback. Then when TJ does come back, Jack stays in the game.

Granger appeared to overreact on what got him the technical unless that had been building for a while. In either case, the T and the 4 fouls got him on the bench where he cooled considerably. IMHO, a cold Danny trying to force some things was a significant factor in Toronto coming back. I have no idea why OBrien didn't see this and try and settle Danny down. I was hoping to see the team to run a play getting Granger going to the basket where he could get fouled and get in rhythm at the FT line or get an easy backet for his rhythm. No idea why OBrien didn't do that, or if he did, what happened to blow it up (if I was guessing I'd say it was because Jarret Jack blew something up by overdribbling).

ONeal was a factor in this game... A positive factor for the Pacers! He might've done more to help the Pacers secure a win in his play tonight than he did in much of his play when he wore a Pacers uni. Ouch... that was harsh!
    Seriously, ONeal didn't scare anyone tonight.

Not sure why Graham disappeared to the bench. Wasn't he part of the period where we were pulling away?

Nice seeing Jack hit FT after FT to secure the game.

-Bball
    Last edited by Bball; 01-16-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I'm going to post something that is totally unfair, but Josh McRoberts really killed our momentum, his fouls, his bad shots his T, it slowed the game down, gave the Raptors a lot of free throws, and IMO started the comeback for the Raps.

Danny needs to go to the basket when he can hit a shot, draw a foul, create something for a teammate - he was frustating in the 4th quarter.

oh well, decent win tonight - really a must win

Ist thing I noticed about Hibbert tonight was he was supporting a sweat band. I don't recall seeiong it b4. Was it the 1st time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    Random thoughts:

After saying on his radio show that we'd be tightening the rotation, OBrien played all 12 active players tonight. Huh?

Quinn talked about the young guys causing the team to lose it's rhythm but to my eyes it wasn't that at all. McRoberts kinda got a raw deal with a couple of calls and that did allow Toronto to close... But I think the lineup OBrien was trying to close with was questionable. I said today that Foster is a situational player... Well today was one of those situations where he was very effective. But he got glued to the bench in the 4th. TJ Ford has a knack for making some tough baskets and Jarret Jack has a knack for overdribbling and missing those same type of shots. So TJ stays glued to the bench for much of the Toronto comeback. Then when TJ does come back, Jack stays in the game.

Granger appeared to overreact on what got him the technical unless that had been building for a while. In either case, the T and the 4 fouls got him on the bench where he cooled considerably. IMHO, a cold Danny trying to force some things was a significant factor in Toronto coming back. I have no idea why OBrien didn't see this and try and settle Danny down. I was hoping to see the team to run a play getting Granger going to the basket where he could get fouled and get in rhythm at the FT line or get an easy backet for his rhythm. No idea why OBrien didn't do that, or if he did, what happened to blow it up (if I was guessing I'd say it was because Jarret Jack blew something up by overdribbling).

-Bball
    Foster played almost the whole 4th quarter, he was taken out for a few offensive possessions very late in the game. JOB had no choice but to play a lot of guys as Danny and jeff got into foul trouble - and Mike still can't play huge minutes

I thought we recovered from the McRoberts' stuff and pulled away again to our largest lead after that. I thought a couple of the calls were questionable and I still don't know why he got a "T". But in any case, I thought the 'pain' from that we easily surmounted and pulled away again. Am I wrong?

I know Josh did come back in, but he only had 1 foul left, quickly got it, and was gone. Not sure how that really hurt us at that point.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    Foster played almost the whole 4th quarter, he was taken out for a few offensive possessions very late in the game. JOB had no choice but to play a lot of guys as Danny and jeff got into foul trouble - and Mike still can't play huge minutes
    I didn't notice when he went out, I just know I was looking for him and he was on the bench (Foster).

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

As I always say, don't get too high after a win and...no, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post

I'm going to post something that is totally unfair, but Josh McRoberts really killed our momentum, his fouls, his bad shots his T, it slowed the game down, gave the Raptors a lot of free throws, and IMO started the comeback for the Raps.

Danny needs to go to the basket when he can hit a shot, draw a foul, create something for a teammate - he was frustating in the 4th quarter.

oh well, decent win tonight - really a must win

I'll have to agree McBob was terrible tonight. Granger didn't help by missing 16 shots either, a great many in the 4th qtr.

I said today that Foster is a situational player... Well today was one of those situations where he was very effective. But he got glued to the bench in the 4th...
    I am a little confused by this statement. Foster played almost the entire fourth quarter- from the start of it until 1:30 was left in the game.

ONeal was a factor in this game... A positive factor for the Pacers! He might've done more to help the Pacers secure a win in his play tonight than he did in much of his play when he wore a Pacers uni. Ouch... that was harsh!
    Rasho knows how to defend Jermaine O'Neal.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

TonyTheTiger... I love your name and avatar combination! "They're Great!!!"
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Quote Originally Posted by tonythetiger View Post
    I am a little confused by this statement. Foster played almost the entire fourth quarter- from the start of it until 1:30 was left in the game.

Maybe I should go back to Foster hating then...

I didn't like the Ford, Jack lineup and when I started thinking about who was gone to make room for Ford, Jack, Danny, Dunleavy it seemed it was Foster.

------

-John Wooden

I can't believe we almost choked that one away. I was afraid I was going to have to ban everyone on the forum tonight, had we lost that one.

-Bball
    Did you just say that?

Only one game... and yes, I know that JO is just returning from injury. I was pleased when the trade was made, I've been pleased ever since, and I will be pleased in the future. Tonight just reinforced that for me.