Thread: fansite updated according to feedback - would appreciate new feedback

International Counter bellisimo's Avatar

Default fansite updated according to feedback - would appreciate new feedback

Hi all,

as you can tell from my avatar I'm a fan of Megan Fox
    and i know there are a few other fans here as well

I had some spare time and in the process have put together a fanpage...
    was wondering if you could check it and give me some input...

http://meganfox.delightfulmodels.net/

I went for a rather very simple design than i usually do as i didn't want to spend toooo much time on it...

main things i'd like some input on:

navigation/site layout/color scheme

and would also appreciate if you could tell me if it looks ok in your browser/resolution

just a side note: so far no one else has seen this page as its still only a project. so you would be the first one to see it besides me.

thanks

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: In the process of making a fansite - would appreciate feedback

Not bad. A little plain, though. You need to make sure you cite where those photos came from, or you may find yourself in a tad bit of trouble if this gets big.

You two need to hook up, though.

yeah it's not bad at all, could do with a nicer header tho and maybe some icons for the links... just make a couple picture links and then have thumbnails on a second page..

so far so good, keep it up..

Ya Think Ya Used Enough Dynamite there Butch...

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

All the links I tried work fine. (So you can put a checkmark beside 'lingerie pix'.) The color scheme is real simple...not a fault...so it kind of comes down to whether you like hot pink as a color. It's not my favorite color, but given the subject matter, seems appropriate.

Really, the only thing that bugged me was the border between the pink area and the white area...or lack of a border. The links to the news stories looked (to me) like they wanted a space between their first letter and the pink area. Like the pic in the first story...the Gossip Girls. It has a small space between it and the pink. That's good. The print portion of the headlines would look better if they had that same spacing. Just my opinion.

Nice hobby, belli.

It is ok. Looks very plain and the colours actually hurt my eyes, now I have been awake all night so that could be part of it.

I am not a fan of sites like this though. I dont go to fan sites cause really celebrity I couldnt care less about the lot of them. So I am not the right person to look at it.

Get some nudes on there and I'm your man.

thanks for the feedback so far...guess taking the shortcut with a simple design won't really work afterall...

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I agree that the design is a bit too simplistic. I could probably mirror this without much effort and I only have basic HTML skills.

It's not awful by any means, though. It's easy to navigate, and that often gets lost in the shuffle when some developers try to "pretty it up" too much.

If you've got it, flaunt it, belli.

Default Re: fansite updated according to feedback - would appreciate new feedback

thanks for the tips and ideas guys....after following up on your feedback, behold the new design/layout...

http://meganfox.delightfulmodels.net

thoughts/comments?

Mood

Default Re: fansite updated according to feedback - would appreciate new feedback

Looks much better, belli.

Also, like I said before, you may need to cite the image sources to keep yourself from getting shut down.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Definitely better. Could use a little more "pop," but it's easy to read and navigate.

I'd put a caution caption on the photo pages w/her topless/frontal shots - they'll probably get the most hits after you do this but my understanding is that's a nice courtesy. In Europe probably nobody cares but we're repressed over here.

Other than that, nice site though I haven't looked at it in a lot of depth yet.
    The poster formerly known as Rimfire

better colour scheme but the white on black doesnt show up that great on my computer. The white almost seems to blend in too much to the background on the fun facts. Your Megan Fox Dream Pictures logo at the top should be able to be clicked to take you back to the home. I like there to be an easy link on any page that can take me right back to the home page no matter how deep I am in the site instead of just a back button.

The front page is also slightly too big to fit on my browser without having to scroll over to read the end of sentences.

There are also too many picture links on the site. They should be collapsable so if you want casual then the 8 casual links open and when you clink on another the casual ones close and the next set open instead of having to scroll down to see the different titles. Also you have all the Picture links start with either Picture or Photo. I think it should be one or the other.

I am know I am critical but a lot of sites I have been hyped on at the start but they become bothersome too quickly. I only really check 7-10 sites/day because they are easy to get around. If it is too hard, or too many words on the first page, or pictures bug me I get out pretty quickly.

Just so you can see exactly what I see I took a picture of a section of your site and it is a desktop

thanks for the detailed analysis newman

what resolution are you using there?

1024x768 I believe

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Newman8r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just so you can see exactly what I see I took a picture of a section of your site and it is a desktop

Ha ha, you're using Tiger...

Yeah I dont need to update my comp yet. It works too good plus I dont have the intel chip in mine. I like my computer.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Newman8r View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah I dont need to update my comp yet. It works too good plus I dont have the intel chip in mine. I like my computer.
    I just bought a new MacBook. It has the intel chip, nVidia graphics card. Leopard is nice. It does run smoothly in the non-intel Macs.

I'm Running VMWare fusion so I can get IE and other software I use for work.