Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tinsley Trade Coming?

Default Tinsley Trade Coming?

Courtesy of hoopsworld.com (see link below). The quote comes from Bill Ingram's Evening Scoop Blog.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11224

Pacers Expect To Move Tinsley

HOOPSWORLD caught up with an Indiana Pacers
    front office source today, who confirmed that the team is actively engaged in talks regarding point guard Jamaal Tinsley.

The bottom line with Tinsley is that the Pacers want to give him a chance to play, and believe that he can play, just not as a member of their team. Given that there are so many teams in need of point guard help, it seems likely that someone will make the Pacers an offer for their former floor general, who could still easily average be a double-double threat for a run-and-gun team.

The issue for the Pacers to date is that offers they've received have been largely one-sided, and bad for the Pacers from a business standpoint. Though the team is motivated to move Tinsley, for his sake as well as theirs, they won't move him unless it helps them move forward as a team.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Tinsley Trade Coming?

The trade is coming no quicker than at the start of the season, nor more certain than this summer.

Indy's Wild Wild West Side: 8 sec-check...Club Rio-check...Cloud 9-check

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

In other words... "All Quiet on the Tinsley Front"

Tinsley's contract along with his injury history are so unfavorable, you can only expect to be offered one sided deals that are bad for the Pacers from a business standpoint.
    ...Still "flying casual"
    @roaminggnome74

Sports Logo Sports Logo

I guess that's an update.

I have no idea who would want him at this point though. He'd be a good addition to a team like Golden State (never gonna happen because they aren't going to reunite him and SJax) Phoenix, or San Antonio. Detroit would also be a good team for him if he'd be willing to come off the bench. Maybe the Lakers would be willing to swing a deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Larry is not coming back, he didn't have a meeting with Orlando for not reason, yeah he is coming back to the NBA but not to the Pacers, the notion that he is a taking a year off and then come back is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader Joe View Post
    GOOD GOD THAT'S LARRY BIRD'S MUSIC!

streets ahead

yawn

All is full of Orange! Mourning's Avatar

Regardless patience is a virtue our franchise should exercise when it comes to moving Tinsley. IF need be until his contract expirers, but I'm quite sure it won't come to that given that he would form a nice expiring contract for other teams aswell.
    2012 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2011 PD ABA Fantasy Keeper League Champion, sports.ws

2006 PD ABA Fantasy League runner up, sports.ws

I really don't care. He isn't on the team, so I don't really care

UB, he's still taking up cap space and a roster spot. He'll be moved eventually and it will add another piece to the puzzle. Whether it helps/hurts this team is what I'm interested in at this point. Honestly, my stance on Tinsley is well known by now I assume and I'd actually like to see him on the court again for somebody.

I'm starting to think Tinsley's NBA career is over.

-BBall
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

...especially if he remains a Pseudo Pacer following the trade deadline...

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

I wouldn't rule Miami out.

Banned

I think it's done as well. We're talking about a guy who, even when he's healthy and behaving, has a lot of flaws. Lousy shooter, poor defender, and turnover prone. Combine those negatives with his age, history of injuries, off court issues, and salary, and is it any wonder why no one in their right mind is willing to trade for him? If he's not gone by the trade deadline I'd go ahead and attempt a buy-out. It'll officially remove him from our franchise while likely saving management a few million in the long-run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm starting to think Tinsley's NBA career is over.

-BBall
    I told my wife this 2 days ago, oddly enough. A couple of things, teams will want him even less now with the knowledge that it may be a flat cap next year and actually decrease the year after that.

Also, how long do you think Tinsley will stay in semi playing shape, if he even still is? Here is a multi millionaire who is still getting a check who sure wants to play, but I would wonder at what point being "home" becomes more and more appealling and those diets and work outs become harder and harder.

I am completely just wondering here, but I do think it's a real possiblity that if he doesn't find a team soon, he may be done.

Also, I said this over the summer, where is John Lucas when you need him? I am sure he'd try to take him on as a reclaimation project.

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    I think it's done as well. We're talking about a guy who, even when he's healthy and behaving, has a lot of flaws. Lousy shooter, poor defender, and turnover prone. Combine those negatives with his age, history of injuries, off court issues, and salary, and is it any wonder why no one in their right mind is willing to trade for him? If he's not gone by the trade deadline I'd go ahead and attempt a buy-out. It'll officially remove him from our franchise while likely saving management a few million in the long-run.
    Tinsley is done. I don't see him doning an NBA uniform again. Reason I say the watching how no one would risk taking on Bonzi Wells, or Sprewell. I think tteam probably feel there is too much young talent out there to take a risk on an older malcontent.

Hell, you'd be better off luring "failed" guys like Dejaun Wagner from Europe,
    Last edited by Skaut_Ech; 01-15-2009 at 12:01 PM.
    Hey! What're you kicking me for? You want me to ask? All right, I'll ask! Ma'am, where do the high school girls hang out in this town?

Banned

there is only few teams that need a point guard, New jersey,Miami, Lakers,Suns, Orlando. the only problem is that they may wanna send a big contract in exchange for tinsley.

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Let me throw out a reason for why (& how) Tin's COULD move soon:
    -By the trade deadline t/y, '08 is 1/2 over & Tin's has been paid 1/2 of his yearly wage. Now, if the Pacers stepped up to pay 3 mil (trade max a team can add) w/ Tin's to avoid taking back a bad contract or get a better upfront offer, it may be worth it, both finacially & P/R wise in the long term. This would in essence make Tin's "Free" for the remaining of t/y. His contract expires in '11, so the team only has Tin's "bad contract" for 1 full season ('10). For a team who is out of '09, &/or '10 signing spree's, Tin' expiring '11 contract is not 1/2 bad - especially if he can produce at the level he did before he was "hurt" (suspended) l/y. Add him too w/ an expiring (esp one like Daniels, that give teams an option to let expire t/y or n/y), then he is even more attractive. Daniels "team option" may be far more valuable then we are looking at. Look at D.Lee in NY for example. The only reason he will not be resigned by NYK is because WHEN he expires. Picking up MD's T/O for n/y allows him to expire at just the right time - as does Travis Diener by the way, another piece that could be added. Also, we do have a small TE from the JO deal that we could use by breaking a beal up into pieces to help a tax-team get under.
    Just some thoughts....
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Twitter: @SuprCityIndyFan PacerGuy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skaut_Ech View Post
    Tinsley is done. I don't see him doning an NBA uniform again. Reason I say the watching how no one would risk taking on Bonzi Wells, or Sprewell. I think tteam probably feel there is too much young talent out there to take a risk on an older malcontent.

Hell, you'd be better off luring "failed" guys like Dejaun Wagner from Europe,
    The difference w/ Bonzi & Spree is they are both FA's & not on anyones cap, so signing them to a roster HURTS (adds to) your cap. Tin's is currently under contract so you are "swapping assets", not adding them. Also, in time Tin's will expire - something that holds greater value. Add that Tin's plays a position of much greater need & importance to teams then 2 SF's, & you can see, that you are compairing Apples to Oranges here.
    I get the link you are suggesting w/ regards to character, but that does not over-shaddow the fact that Tin's is still technically "IN the league" - contractually speaking of course.
    "Larry Bird: You are Officially On the Clock! (3/24/08)"
    (Watching You Like A Hawk!)

Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post
    I told my wife this 2 days ago, oddly enough. A couple of things, teams will want him even less now with the knowledge that it may be a flat cap next year and actually decrease the year after that.

Also, how long do you think Tinsley will stay in semi playing shape, if he even still is? Here is a multi millionaire who is still getting a check who sure wants to play, but I would wonder at what point being "home" becomes more and more appealling and those diets and work outs become harder and harder.

I am completely just wondering here, but I do think it's a real possiblity that if he doesn't find a team soon, he may be done.
    If I was getting paid to not play like he is, I'd see a brightside to my situation.

As a matter of fact, I'd not play for 1/2 what Tinsley is getting paid not to play...
    Speaking of.... I'm not playing now. Where do I send my bill for that?

-Bball

------

-John Wooden

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Officer Barbrady would've been a better choice...

Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    Officer Barbrady would've been a better choice...
    Fixed.

And here's a bonus TaCoCaT, just for the hell of it:

Boys...

It ain't even breathin' hard.

Delonte West breaking his wrist might put Cleveland in the market for another guard. I know Delonte has been playing more 2 than 1, but they suddenly have a greater need and a motivation to act quickly to stay atop the East.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

This is groundbreaking news.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson