Announcement

Collapse

The Rules of Pacers Digest

Hello everyone,

Whether your are a long standing forum member or whether you have just registered today, it's a good idea to read and review the rules below so that you have a very good idea of what to expect when you come to Pacers Digest.

A quick note to new members: Your posts will not immediately show up when you make them. An administrator has to approve at least your first post before the forum software will later upgrade your account to the status of a fully-registered member. This usually happens within a couple of hours or so after your post(s) is/are approved, so you may need to be a little patient at first.

Why do we do this? So that it's more difficult for spammers (be they human or robot) to post, and so users who are banned cannot immediately re-register and start dousing people with verbal flames.

Below are the rules of Pacers Digest. After you have read them, you will have a very good sense of where we are coming from, what we expect, what we don't want to see, and how we react to things.

Rule #1

Pacers Digest is intended to be a place to discuss basketball without having to deal with the kinds of behaviors or attitudes that distract people from sticking with the discussion of the topics at hand. These unwanted distractions can come in many forms, and admittedly it can sometimes be tricky to pin down each and every kind that can rear its ugly head, but we feel that the following examples and explanations cover at least a good portion of that ground and should at least give people a pretty good idea of the kinds of things we actively discourage:

"Anyone who __________ is a liar / a fool / an idiot / a blind homer / has their head buried in the sand / a blind hater / doesn't know basketball / doesn't watch the games"

"People with intelligence will agree with me when I say that __________"

"Only stupid people think / believe / do ___________"

"I can't wait to hear something from PosterX when he/she sees that **insert a given incident or current event that will have probably upset or disappointed PosterX here**"

"He/she is just delusional"

"This thread is stupid / worthless / embarrassing"

"I'm going to take a moment to point and / laugh at PosterX / GroupOfPeopleY who thought / believed *insert though/belief here*"

"Remember when PosterX said OldCommentY that no longer looks good? "

In general, if a comment goes from purely on topic to something 'ad hominem' (personal jabs, personal shots, attacks, flames, however you want to call it, towards a person, or a group of people, or a given city/state/country of people), those are most likely going to be found intolerable.

We also dissuade passive aggressive behavior. This can be various things, but common examples include statements that are basically meant to imply someone is either stupid or otherwise incapable of holding a rational conversation. This can include (but is not limited to) laughing at someone's conclusions rather than offering an honest rebuttal, asking people what game they were watching, or another common problem is Poster X will say "that player isn't that bad" and then Poster Y will say something akin to "LOL you think that player is good". We're not going to tolerate those kinds of comments out of respect for the community at large and for the sake of trying to just have an honest conversation.

Now, does the above cover absolutely every single kind of distraction that is unwanted? Probably not, but you should by now have a good idea of the general types of things we will be discouraging. The above examples are meant to give you a good feel for / idea of what we're looking for. If something new or different than the above happens to come along and results in the same problem (that being, any other attitude or behavior that ultimately distracts from actually just discussing the topic at hand, or that is otherwise disrespectful to other posters), we can and we will take action to curb this as well, so please don't take this to mean that if you managed to technically avoid saying something exactly like one of the above examples that you are then somehow off the hook.

That all having been said, our goal is to do so in a generally kind and respectful way, and that doesn't mean the moment we see something we don't like that somebody is going to be suspended or banned, either. It just means that at the very least we will probably say something about it, quite possibly snipping out the distracting parts of the post in question while leaving alone the parts that are actually just discussing the topics, and in the event of a repeating or excessive problem, then we will start issuing infractions to try to further discourage further repeat problems, and if it just never seems to improve, then finally suspensions or bans will come into play. We would prefer it never went that far, and most of the time for most of our posters, it won't ever have to.

A slip up every once and a while is pretty normal, but, again, when it becomes repetitive or excessive, something will be done. Something occasional is probably going to be let go (within reason), but when it starts to become habitual or otherwise a pattern, odds are very good that we will step in.

There's always a small minority that like to push people's buttons and/or test their own boundaries with regards to the administrators, and in the case of someone acting like that, please be aware that this is not a court of law, but a private website run by people who are simply trying to do the right thing as they see it. If we feel that you are a special case that needs to be dealt with in an exceptional way because your behavior isn't explicitly mirroring one of our above examples of what we generally discourage, we can and we will take atypical action to prevent this from continuing if you are not cooperative with us.

Also please be aware that you will not be given a pass simply by claiming that you were 'only joking,' because quite honestly, when someone really is just joking, for one thing most people tend to pick up on the joke, including the person or group that is the target of the joke, and for another thing, in the event where an honest joke gets taken seriously and it upsets or angers someone, the person who is truly 'only joking' will quite commonly go out of his / her way to apologize and will try to mend fences. People who are dishonest about their statements being 'jokes' do not do so, and in turn that becomes a clear sign of what is really going on. It's nothing new.

In any case, quite frankly, the overall quality and health of the entire forum's community is more important than any one troublesome user will ever be, regardless of exactly how a problem is exhibiting itself, and if it comes down to us having to make a choice between you versus the greater health and happiness of the entire community, the community of this forum will win every time.

Lastly, there are also some posters, who are generally great contributors and do not otherwise cause any problems, who sometimes feel it's their place to provoke or to otherwise 'mess with' that small minority of people described in the last paragraph, and while we possibly might understand why you might feel you WANT to do something like that, the truth is we can't actually tolerate that kind of behavior from you any more than we can tolerate the behavior from them. So if we feel that you are trying to provoke those other posters into doing or saying something that will get themselves into trouble, then we will start to view you as a problem as well, because of the same reason as before: The overall health of the forum comes first, and trying to stir the pot with someone like that doesn't help, it just makes it worse. Some will simply disagree with this philosophy, but if so, then so be it because ultimately we have to do what we think is best so long as it's up to us.

If you see a problem that we haven't addressed, the best and most appropriate course for a forum member to take here is to look over to the left of the post in question. See underneath that poster's name, avatar, and other info, down where there's a little triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it? Click that. That allows you to report the post to the admins so we can definitely notice it and give it a look to see what we feel we should do about it. Beyond that, obviously it's human nature sometimes to want to speak up to the poster in question who has bothered you, but we would ask that you try to refrain from doing so because quite often what happens is two or more posters all start going back and forth about the original offending post, and suddenly the entire thread is off topic or otherwise derailed. So while the urge to police it yourself is understandable, it's best to just report it to us and let us handle it. Thank you!

All of the above is going to be subject to a case by case basis, but generally and broadly speaking, this should give everyone a pretty good idea of how things will typically / most often be handled.

Rule #2

If the actions of an administrator inspire you to make a comment, criticism, or express a concern about it, there is a wrong place and a couple of right places to do so.

The wrong place is to do so in the original thread in which the administrator took action. For example, if a post gets an infraction, or a post gets deleted, or a comment within a larger post gets clipped out, in a thread discussing Paul George, the wrong thing to do is to distract from the discussion of Paul George by adding your off topic thoughts on what the administrator did.

The right places to do so are:

A) Start a thread about the specific incident you want to talk about on the Feedback board. This way you are able to express yourself in an area that doesn't throw another thread off topic, and this way others can add their two cents as well if they wish, and additionally if there's something that needs to be said by the administrators, that is where they will respond to it.

B) Send a private message to the administrators, and they can respond to you that way.

If this is done the wrong way, those comments will be deleted, and if it's a repeating problem then it may also receive an infraction as well.

Rule #3

If a poster is bothering you, and an administrator has not or will not deal with that poster to the extent that you would prefer, you have a powerful tool at your disposal, one that has recently been upgraded and is now better than ever: The ability to ignore a user.

When you ignore a user, you will unfortunately still see some hints of their existence (nothing we can do about that), however, it does the following key things:

A) Any post they make will be completely invisible as you scroll through a thread.

B) The new addition to this feature: If someone QUOTES a user you are ignoring, you do not have to read who it was, or what that poster said, unless you go out of your way to click on a link to find out who it is and what they said.

To utilize this feature, from any page on Pacers Digest, scroll to the top of the page, look to the top right where it says 'Settings' and click that. From the settings page, look to the left side of the page where it says 'My Settings', and look down from there until you see 'Edit Ignore List' and click that. From here, it will say 'Add a Member to Your List...' Beneath that, click in the text box to the right of 'User Name', type in or copy & paste the username of the poster you are ignoring, and once their name is in the box, look over to the far right and click the 'Okay' button. All done!

Rule #4

Regarding infractions, currently they carry a value of one point each, and that point will expire in 31 days. If at any point a poster is carrying three points at the same time, that poster will be suspended until the oldest of the three points expires.

Rule #5

When you share or paste content or articles from another website, you must include the URL/link back to where you found it, who wrote it, and what website it's from. Said content will be removed if this doesn't happen.

An example:

If I copy and paste an article from the Indianapolis Star website, I would post something like this:

http://www.linktothearticlegoeshere.com/article
Title of the Article
Author's Name
Indianapolis Star

Rule #6

We cannot tolerate illegal videos on Pacers Digest. This means do not share any links to them, do not mention any websites that host them or link to them, do not describe how to find them in any way, and do not ask about them. Posts doing anything of the sort will be removed, the offenders will be contacted privately, and if the problem becomes habitual, you will be suspended, and if it still persists, you will probably be banned.

The legal means of watching or listening to NBA games are NBA League Pass Broadband (for US, or for International; both cost money) and NBA Audio League Pass (which is free). Look for them on NBA.com.

Rule #7

Provocative statements in a signature, or as an avatar, or as the 'tagline' beneath a poster's username (where it says 'Member' or 'Administrator' by default, if it is not altered) are an unwanted distraction that will more than likely be removed on sight. There can be shades of gray to this, but in general this could be something political or religious that is likely going to provoke or upset people, or otherwise something that is mean-spirited at the expense of a poster, a group of people, or a population.

It may or may not go without saying, but this goes for threads and posts as well, particularly when it's not made on the off-topic board (Market Square).

We do make exceptions if we feel the content is both innocuous and unlikely to cause social problems on the forum (such as wishing someone a Merry Christmas or a Happy Easter), and we also also make exceptions if such topics come up with regards to a sports figure (such as the Lance Stephenson situation bringing up discussions of domestic abuse and the law, or when Jason Collins came out as gay and how that lead to some discussion about gay rights).

However, once the discussion seems to be more/mostly about the political issues instead of the sports figure or his specific situation, the thread is usually closed.

Rule #8

We prefer self-restraint and/or modesty when making jokes or off topic comments in a sports discussion thread. They can be fun, but sometimes they derail or distract from a topic, and we don't want to see that happen. If we feel it is a problem, we will either delete or move those posts from the thread.

Rule #9

Generally speaking, we try to be a "PG-13" rated board, and we don't want to see sexual content or similarly suggestive content. Vulgarity is a more muddled issue, though again we prefer things to lean more towards "PG-13" than "R". If we feel things have gone too far, we will step in.

Rule #10

We like small signatures, not big signatures. The bigger the signature, the more likely it is an annoying or distracting signature.

Rule #11

Do not advertise anything without talking about it with the administrators first. This includes advertising with your signature, with your avatar, through private messaging, and/or by making a thread or post.
See more
See less

Most of you aren't going to like this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most of you aren't going to like this

Originally posted by duke dynamite View Post
    I called into the call-in show, and talked to Kevin Lee about these guys are our starters. Kevin concurred.
    You did a good job Tony, ha. I liked how you mentioned "our forum" . . . I agree with the staring lineup like Kevin did, but not so sure about Graham just yet in Buck's lineup.

Comment

Good Job, Duke.... My wife recognized your voice...then it was a dead giveaway when you mentioned, "our forum".

As for the topic at hand, I STILL don't think we are that good of a ball club to keep our young players off the court. IMHO, just sitting the young guys is only going to make us a 38 win team. To me, that isn't good enough to totally shut down our young players.

If that is the direction that we are going.... stepping away from development and making a run. Jim O'Brien isn't the right coach for this team!!! I have no problem with O'Brien as the teacher in practice and getting our guys prepared to play, but really.... If we are to become so serious that we're not rebuilding... Jim O'Brien is wasting our time as coach.

The reason this isn't a "Fire Jim O'Brien" rant is because I feel he is doing a solid job as a training coach for our rebuilding effort.
      ...Still "flying casual"
      @roaminggnome74

Comment

No problem. Always willing to represent. I try to call as much as I can, especially during the *long* drive home after games. Tonight I had the pleasure of not having to pay attention to the roads and call from my house!

I do feel that these guys are our starting lineup. It is hard to tell if this will stunt the development of our rookies, I think it could.

I've got a good feeling about what UncleBuck is trying to say will benefit us most. He isn't known for being totally nuts.

But man did this win feel good tonight. I like it. I want more.
        Last edited by duke dynamite; 01-15-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

It is cool, but I'm not big on Jack or Travis.
          I just don't think Jack is much of a point & isn't good enough offensive wise to be a 2 guard.
          I have come to like him more than I did 10 games ago for his all out hustle.
          I use to hate Foster when he was young, because of his bad skills, but his heart & hustle won me over. Jack can be a good scrap player like Foster became by giving us defense & a spark trough hustle.

Travis just hurts us on the defensive like Buckner pointed out. He isn't good enough on the other end to make it worth him playing imo. This leaves me to using Jack more as our backup point, because of the 2 he can play D & get hot every now & again.

I kind of like what I see out of Grahm & he doesn't make more mistakes than Jack. They would both play & also Rush looks good to me. Not as good as Dun or Danny obviously.
          1 - 2, Tinsley's coming for you.
          3 - 4, You're not a team no more.
          5 - 6, He's gonna plead the 5th.
          7 - 8, He's gonna stay out late.

Comment

When Marquis returns and Ford gets more healthy....I fully expect that the primary rotation of players would consist of an 8-man rotation with Jack/Marquis/Granger/Murphy/Rasho/Dunleavy/Ford/Foster where each of them would get the bulk of the minutes throughout the game.

However, I would hope that players like Diener ( at the PG rotation ) and McRoberts / Hibbert ( at the Big Man PF/C rotation ) would get a very consistent 10-15 mpg. I'm not advocating this because I'm on some "Get Hibbert / McRoberts / Diener some underdeserved minutes" bandwagon......it's because players like Foster, Rasho ( most notably ) and Murphy ( to a lesser degree ) are not conditioned to play at this pace that we force upon the other team. Getting Hibbert or McRoberts ( depending on Matchups ) a consistent 10-15 minutes a game could mean the difference between Foster and/or Rasho providing a "far more effective" performance at 24+ mpg as opposed to an "average" performance 28-30 mpg a game.

As for Diener....the only reason why I would include him in the PG rotation is not only to give Ford and Jack some rest....but to provide some energy and change of pace when Ford and/or Jack become erratic on the PG spot with Turnovers...which ( unfortunately ) happens more often then not in the 2nd half ( when we need to be more careful with the ball ). If anything ( with Jack's tendency to cough up the ball at the most worst times ), I would hope that Diener would be brought in during stretches of the game when we need to do our best to protect the ball and slow down the scoring in the game in order to protect a lead.

To me, I think that one of the key factors in how well we do for the rest of the season is fatigue and how we deal with it. This doesn't mean that I expect them to come in and score a whole bunch of points or even fully implement JO'Bs offense/defenses........but their primary purpose is to provide some energy off the bench and not doing anything stupid while "towing the line" and "keeping us afloat" when our key finishers are getting some rest.
            Last edited by CableKC; 01-15-2009, 12:55 AM.
            Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Comment

This is so short sighted it isn't funny. In your best case scenario, we get swept in the first round. And our potential future loses a whole year. Plus, our draft pick gets worse. Yes, let's play for that that.
              "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Comment

I'd go with this lineup. If we want to win games we need to play or vets. Players need to earn their minutes, and I've never agreed with forcing minutes on a player just to see him develop.
                Why do teams tank? Ask a Spurs fan.

Comment

I disagree, Buck. The team needs to look heavily at maximizing trade value of its few assets, especially Quis and Rasho. If you can use one of them to move Murphy or Tinsley then you do it.
                  This space for rent.

Comment

I think we should look more towards the future. As most of you guys are saying, this team does not have a very good chance of going far in the playoffs even if they make it. I think we look at next season and how good we will be. Develop Rush, Hibbert, and McRoberts, get a nice player in the draft, and then make some serious noise in the playoffs next season. We still might possibly slip into the playoffs this season while giving our younger players some significant play time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueNGold View Post

A healthy Quis would help, but the addition of Dunleavy is the factor. If he plays well, we do have a shot of squeezing in. He needs to get back in form within a few weeks or it is over regardless of who else we put on the floor.

It would be nice if JOB recognized, and knew when to pull a cold player, and put in fresh legs.. or to keep a hot hand on the floor ..
                      NOT to let the same players try and play out of their slump.. even if it means we lose.. because of stubborness in coaching phillosophy..

What SHOULD be done.. is ..
                      For instance, he starts Dun , subs Quis in for him if he notices Mike ain't doing anything or is having a hard time (see GS game).. Same for Quis, when he notices quis pullin some bonehead moves, pull him.. This is just an example..

The problem really , and truthfully lies with JOB NOT knowing who to play, and most importantly WHEN..

If Foster is playing like a bonehead , missing open layups and whining about fouls , pull him , put McRoberts in for a good 3 minutes, see if McRoberts has a hot hand with his shot , with assists, rebounds, shot altering and etc... If he is playing excellent, either keep him in the game, or make sure and put him back in later in the game at some point... Don't bury him back on the bench for eternity...untill another injury and he is needed again...

JOB needs to MAKE THAT ASSESMENT on the fly ,pay attention , and reward good play to these guys like McBob , Hibbert , and even Baston honestly.. Most importantly this "playtime reward" be given off of actually earning it on the court gametime..

The HECK with just rewarding PT off of (in my best Allen Iverson voice) practice. Real , in-game contributions is what should warrant more PT to these players.. Yes practice may be where coach gets to be more up-close and personal with our guys.. But a guy could light it up in practice , then fold under pressure and play like utter **** in every other game he plays ..

I think we have the talent to do some good things .
                      But untill JOB either "gets it" , or has his "ah-ha" moment , it is gonna be an uphill battle developing on-court chemistry , and a winning environment on the court and in the locker room..

I really think the players themselves are acually learning to play to each other's strengths and weaknesses..and starting to mesh well..
                      But it is taking them longer than it should be .. And I think it all falls on what I mentioned above...

Look at when we had the injury / flu problem for a few games..
                      Our end of the bench guys came in , and got the job done..
                      Heck I think we won a decent percentage of the games in that stretch..

What I am saying , is I believe our players could be better utilized to their full potential..
                      I really think McRoberts could be our answer to a PF.. But only playing 1 out of every 5 games for a only a few minutes ISN'T GONNA DO IT ! ...

I think Rasho/Hibbert with some very ltd Foster should man the C position , Foster/McBob at PF with some DG in there ,splitting duties @ the SF as well .. and on down the line .. etc..

I hate seeing McRoberts not get a fair shake, considering how good he has been in his ltd minutes out on the court .. I see it as time going by and talent wasted ..

Then we got Hibbert...he is 7"2 for Heaven's sake..

And when he is playing damn good, don't pull him for the rest of the game , after only 3 fouls... Then only play him every 3 games for 10-15 minutes .. JUST TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN..!! in a cycle.. over and over again..
                      Roy isn't gonna learn from his mistakes on fouling, if you pull him for good like that for the game.. He needs to be punished, by LETTING him foul his way out the game...
                      That way , his time on the court will be dependant on how he manages his fouls.. and how he plays...Otherwise, you are gonna have a timid giant in Roy Hibbert, afraid of drawing himself a foul..
                      It is gonna do more harm , than good.. He needs to be out there LEARNING how to position himself in real games.. not (in my best Allen Iverson voice) PRACTICE only ...

Last edited by Kemo; 01-15-2009, 01:41 AM.
                      "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Originally posted by Unclebuck View Post
                        I think it is time to stop playing around and put our best lineup on the court. Rush, Graham, Roy, Josh - it is time you all sit down and watch, we need to win some game. (see I told you most of you won't like this)
                        Why? Do you think chemistry is about to dissolve? Fan support about to crumble? Do you think the players are on the verge of a mutiny? The rookies are busts?

If it's just to win a few extra games this season and make the playoffs... big whoo... What good will that do in the long run?

As long as the rookies/newbies have untapped potential then they need to get some court time to get them experience. If that costs us a few games, so be it. If that costs us the playoffs, so what? I can live with a high draft pick and better odds in the lottery.

That's why as much as I hate the fact OBrien doesn't preach defense like I think he should, I'm not calling for his head. Let these guys get some confidence in their offense, see the pitfalls of no defense, learn their physical and mental limits, and then let the next coach install a playoff basketball system and rein things in and put some structure back into the game. That next coach is coming sooner rather than later because nobody can think what we're doing now can be sustained long term for any kind of playoff success (or even much regular season success).

I personally have never seen the good of a bad team making the playoffs. Not short term or long term as far as the product on the court goes. Few are going to cry too loudly if this team misses the playoffs. We'd be missing a golden opportunity to play the youngsters and be able to take our lumps without too much backlash. If we get the youngsters some experience and start winning as well, that is gravy and you take it. But otherwise, let them learn the game and let the team have a crack at a high draft pick. Better to do it now rather than play the system, always sniffing for an 8th seed in a weak conference, and end up stunningly mediocre with a series of mediocre draft picks and nothing for the fans to hang their hats on as a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's going to be much harder 2-3 years down the road to decide 'maybe we do need to develop our young players' because the natives will be much more restless by then... if they've not tuned out altogether.
                        Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Bball View Post
                          Why? Do you think chemistry is about to dissolve? Fan support about to crumble? Do you think the players are on the verge of a mutiny? The rookies are busts?

If it's just to win a few extra games this season and make the playoffs... big whoo... What good will that do in the long run?

As long as the rookies/newbies have untapped potential then they need to get some court time to get them experience. If that costs us a few games, so be it. If that costs us the playoffs, so what? I can live with a high draft pick and better odds in the lottery.

That's why as much as I hate the fact OBrien doesn't preach defense like I think he should, I'm not calling for his head. Let these guys get some confidence in their offense, see the pitfalls of no defense, learn their physical and mental limits, and then let the next coach install a playoff basketball system and rein things in and put some structure back into the game. That next coach is coming sooner rather than later because nobody can think what we're doing now can be sustained long term for any kind of playoff success (or even much regular season success).

I personally have never seen the good of a bad team making the playoffs. Not short term or long term as far as the product on the court goes. Few are going to cry too loudly if this team misses the playoffs. We'd be missing a golden opportunity to play the youngsters and be able to take our lumps without too much backlash. If we get the youngsters some experience and start winning as well, that is gravy and you take it. But otherwise, let them learn the game and let the team have a crack at a high draft pick. Better to do it now rather than play the system, always sniffing for an 8th seed in a weak conference, and end up stunningly mediocre with a series of mediocre draft picks and nothing for the fans to hang their hats on as a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's going to be much harder 2-3 years down the road to decide 'maybe we do need to develop our young players' because the natives will be much more restless by then... if they've not tuned out altogether.
                          Thanks Bball... This is what I was looking for!
                          ...Still "flying casual"
                          @roaminggnome74

Comment

I completely disagree with the premis of this post. We have proven over and over we are not a good team. At the very, very, very best, with no injuries this is a 500 ballclub. I would just as soon take our lumps now and develop Hibbert, develop Granger more, see what we have in McBob, and figure out if Rush is at all capable of playing in the league.

I see this as MUCH more beneficial gaining a higher draft pick and getting young guys experience as opposed to trotting out an average cast of vets, winning 38 games and being someones sacrificial lamb in the playoffs.

Comment

Put me in the Uncle Buck camp. I want the team to make the playoffs and I fully understand the likelyhood of getting swept in the first round. But I also see someone like Granger and Dunleavy getting to the point of not giving a sh if we don't make the effort this year. I understand the long term goal of playing the rooks, but they're still excited just to be in the NBA. You can't always just play for next year without souring some players who's time is already here.

I see the comment what would the guys learn from an early exit? Simply they learn the intensity cranks up 10 fold and man that was a blast and WANT to do it again. As it is now I don't want the attitude to be, eh who cares I get a paycheck.
                              You know how hippos are made out to be sweet and silly, like big cows, but are actually extremely dangerous and can kill you with stunning brutality? The Pacers are the NBA's hippos....Matt Moore CBS Sports....

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                                Put me in the Uncle Buck camp. I want the team to make the playoffs and I fully understand the likelyhood of getting swept in the first round. But I also see someone like Granger and Dunleavy getting to the point of not giving a sh if we don't make the effort this year. I understand the long term goal of playing the rooks, but they're still excited just to be in the NBA. You can't always just play for next year without souring some players who's time is already here.

I see the comment what would the guys learn from an early exit? Simply they learn the intensity cranks up 10 fold and man that was a blast and WANT to do it again. As it is now I don't want the attitude to be, eh who cares I get a paycheck.
                                For me to agree then I'd have to jump on the "Fire OBrien" bandwagon because this lack of defensive intensity, poor defensive fundamentals, and questionable application of system and players is every bit as much to do with the depths of our losing record as getting the young players court time is (and then some).
                                Nuntius was right for a while. I was wrong for a while. But ultimately I was right and Frank Vogel has been let go.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, that’s teamwork."

-John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X