Thread: Could Jackson be a smokescreen??

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Could Jackson be a smokescreen??

Cmon we've all questioned it. Why are they talking so much about somebody they'd like to have? A scmokescreen?

How about Josh Childress instead???

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/joshchildress.asp

(sounds like a Jackson duplicate)

How often does DW tell us who he's wanting???
    If you get to thinkiní youíre a person of some influence, try orderiní somebody elseís dog around..

Default Re: Could Jackson be a smokescreen??

Cmon we've all questioned it. Why are they talking so much about somebody they'd like to have? A scmokescreen?

Wow, what a bad NBA comparison. Reggie Miller Childress is NOT.....

I'd compare him favorably to tayshawn Prince. He has same basic game, and like prince he has problems with self-confidence.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Maybe?

Sure sounds like we want him.

But then it sure sounded like we wanted Kareem Rush.

Wh-what do you mean? He's a tall, skinny 2-guard! OF COURSE he's Reggie Miller.

I hate draft comparisons.
    Official Member of the Anti-Alliteration Association

Could it be a smokescreen? Absolutely.

I actually hope that we we trade for a decent SG, but I'm sure Donnie knows best.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Mood

I hate draft comparisons.
    Especially in ESPN basketball when half of the forwards are compared to Austin Croshere (which is NOT a good second round pick)...
    * Most Humorous Poster Nominee (2004, 2005, 2010)
    * Off Topic Post of the Year Winner (2009)
    * Off Topic Thread of the Year Nominee (2010)

Formerly a naturallystoned, badinfluence...

I think Childress is too much of a SG/SF tweener and given a choice between him and Jackson I'd take Jackson. Maybe it's Snyder Indiana is after...

Could be a smokescreen, sure.

Is this the most frenetic, crazy offseason in years or what? Not just for the Pacers, but for the league in general?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

On ESPN Josh Childress said he sees himself as a 2 guard. He tested the highest in psychological and intelligence tests, he did go to Stanford. He could be a great pick if this trade goes down. 6-7 skinny kid from California that can shoot the 3, sound familiar.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

I would pass on Childress. I'll be surprised if he pans out in the league. As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds me of a Jared Jeffries. He didn't impress me much at all when he played us last year.

I would pass on Childress. I'll be surprised if he pans out in the league. As far as comparisons go, he kind of reminds me of a Jared Jeffries. He didn't impress me much at all when he played us last year.
    Funny you mention Jefferies. A little while ago I was mentally comparing those two thinking that Childress' game doesn't translate to the pros much like Jefferies didn't. I guess this is a wait and see type thing. I've seen my fair share of both Jackson and Childress this past season and aside from my concerns about Childress' game, I'm of the opinion that Jackson has more of the intangibles for the pro game. I still think Snyder is a darkhorse and not many people here are giving him much respect. Maturity could be an issue with Snyder but he has the skills to be a good player in the NBA.

akpacer

Ben Gordon is the best player in this draft, second all time at UCON in three point %(behind Ray Ray). I love Tinsley and Freddie but this kid is good.

akpacer

Ben Gordon is the best player in this draft, second all time at UCON in three point %(behind Ray Ray). I love Tinsley and Freddie but this kid is good.

childress is now and will be later on a better player than luke jackson.

And in my opinion he's more of a 2 than jackson is.

Funny you mention Jefferies. A little while ago I was mentally comparing those two thinking that Childress' game doesn't translate to the pros much like Jefferies didn't.
    I thought Jeffries did OK until the injury? (I mean I was 'under the impression'.... not that I personally thought that). I've not heard much after the injury tho I know he got some minutes.

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden