Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please Beat Golden State

Smile Please Beat Golden State

I just cannot stand that team, their fans nor their organization. They turn on their players in a heartbeat no matter who it is. They love Baron then one year later they want his head...they hate Dun and boo him at their own home games when they are playing for their own team...They cry and moan about every player that has an off night, by far worse than any other fans for any other team. I would love to see Murphy or Dunleavy or hell bring back Diogu for just this game and let one of them sink the game winner. Sorry but I had to let my streams of consciousness fly this morning.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Please Beat Golden State

It's okay. Sometimes the opinion of a team is determined by how their fans conduct themselves.

We all remember "Pacers Suck" last night. I've never been a supporter of doing or saying things like that, but giving Golden State their just desserts would be nice for Mike and Troy.

Duke,

being a Dun fan yourself were you ever to watch the games he played near the end of his tenure at Golden State. It was something I had never seen before. The crowd literally was all over him everytime he touched the basketball and he was playing for their team! The fans always said that he was cocky and arrogant and thats why they hated him. Wow is all I can say to that.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Duke,

being a Dun fan yourself were you ever to watch the games he played near the end of his tenure at Golden State. It was something I had never seen before. The crowd literally was all over him everytime he touched the basketball and he was playing for their team! The fans always said that he was cocky and arrogant and thats why they hated him. Wow is all I can say to that.
    When people get on your back and lose support, man, you've gotta be that way. You've got to say "screw them".

And this comes from a personal perspective, Mike is probably one of the nicest people you'd meet that puts on an NBA uniform. The way he carries himself around fans, and on the court is a total turnaround from the opinion of the Golden State fans' opinon.

I call 'em like I see 'em.

Golden State fans hated Dunleavy because he lacked any sense of accountability and constantly blamed others (or simply the environment, situation, whatever) and never took responsibility for his own underachievement. They also tended to frown upon a very high pick failing to meet expectations no matter what role he was placed in...

The guy who Pacers fans would boo - now injured for Golden State - is also one of the nicest guys in the NBA...

I remember Sarunis Marsachalones (spelling) from Lithuina playing for Golden State. I remember "run tmc" with Hardaway, Mullin, & Mitch Richmond. All teams have terrible fans. I just ignore them and move on.

I just cannot stand that team, their fans nor their organization. They turn on their players in a heartbeat no matter who it is. They love Baron then one year later they want his head...they hate Dun and boo him at their own home games when they are playing for their own team...They cry and moan about every player that has an off night, by far worse than any other fans for any other team. I would love to see Murphy or Dunleavy or hell bring back Diogu for just this game and let one of them sink the game winner. Sorry but I had to let my streams of consciousness fly this morning.
    LOL. You're kidding right?

There are about 4 former players worth mentioning who we've booed: Webber, Sprewell, Dampier and Dunleavy. That's it. That's all. We gave the likes of Jason Richardson, Adonal Foyle and Antawn Jamison huge ovations in there returns.

Seriously, you hate the fans? This is one of the most loyal fanbases in the league who come out in droves to support a team that has missed the playoffs in 14 out of 15 years in a league where half the teams make it every year. That's loyalty enough.

Our ownership and uppermanagement is among the worst in the league, yet fans somehow still support the team (to a fault). Sorry, but you're aiming you're ire and rage at the wrong people. Hate the people who run this poorly run organization, not the loyal fans who support them.

I'll just assume you were joking in your post.

Smile Re: Please Beat Golden State

Quote Originally Posted by d_c View Post

There are about 4 former players worth mentioning who we've booed: Webber, Sprewell, Dampier and Dunleavy. That's it. That's all. We gave the likes of Jason Richardson, Adonal Foyle and Antawn Jamison huge ovations in there returns.

Seriously, you hate the fans? This is one of the most loyal fanbases in the league who come out in droves to support a team that has missed the playoffs in 14 out of 15 years in a league where half the teams make it every year. That's loyalty enough.

Our ownership and uppermanagement is among the worst in the league, yet fans somehow still support the team (to a fault). Sorry, but you're aiming you're ire and rage at the wrong people. Hate the people who run this poorly run organization, not the loyal fans who support them.

I'll just assume you were joking in your post.
    I never judged the Warrior's fans passion when it comes to your basketball team. I am judging the fan base turning on players they had no right turning on. Why because you all thought Dun has a bad attitude in the media? Hello its the freaking media! Your fan base should be smart enough to know who the media is trying to make out to be the scapegoat. I also know for a fact that Arenas was never booed every time he touched the ball on his own home court. Nor was he booed when he made a basket for your team. Yes I cannot stand your fans. You are over the top emotional and how you express your frustration is ridiculous. You all make former players and especially Dunleavy a personal target instead of understanding he played when injured, he hardly missed any games and for that he gets booed. So yes i root against the Warriors anytime they play. So you can put the "We believe" signs away because obviously you all just pulled those out for the 1 month you were in the playoffs.

Just because they are "loyal" fans, doesn't mean that alot of them aren't A-Holes , and it DOESN'T excuse their behavior...
    Quote Originally Posted by naptownmenace View Post
    Plumlee reminds me of a young Dale Davis. Good rebounding and he contests shots well on defense and his offensive game is very raw just like DD's was coming out of college.
    "If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions."

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I don't particularly like the Dubs or their fans. But I don't blame them for disliking Dun; he wasn't the same player there that he is here.

On the whole - and this is from personal experience on both sides obviously - Pacers fans are more intelligent, more mature, and know quite a bit more about basketball...

A large contingent of Warriors fans are genuinely looking forward to a Jamal Crawford / Monta Ellis backcourt. Enough said right?

I want to beat Golden State, because we need the win. I couldn't care less whether they boo us or throw money.

Quote Originally Posted by ajbry View Post
    On the whole - and this is from personal experience on both sides obviously - Pacers fans are more intelligent, more mature, and know quite a bit more about basketball...

A large contingent of Warriors fans are genuinely looking forward to a Jamal Crawford / Monta Ellis backcourt. Enough said right?
    I will say I love the players that the Warriors have. I actually like Biedrins a lot. He is like Hibbert but seems a lot more active. I also do like Ellis. I think he is better than Devin Harris. Jackson seems to just shoot threes which kind of reminds me of Jason Richardson to be honest but without the hops.

i was the only dude in the bay area that was a dunleavy fan! lol if you can't dunk the ball, hit a three pointer... they all think you can't play. but the warriors franchise is all screwed up. granted they made the play-offs after the trade. but after that it looked downhill.
    [SIGPIC]Dun Dun shooting form![/SIGPIC]

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I will say I love the players that the Warriors have. I actually like Biedrins a lot. He is like Hibbert but seems a lot more active. I also do like Ellis. I think he is better than Devin Harris. Jackson seems to just shoot threes which kind of reminds me of Jason Richardson to be honest but without the hops.
    This a joke right? Biedrins is way better than Hibbert. But the real problem is that Devin Harris is so much better than Ellis it isn't funny. Harris is a top 5 PG.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    This a joke right? Biedrins is way better than Hibbert. But the real problem is that Devin Harris is so much better than Ellis it isn't funny. Harris is a top 5 PG.
    Agree to disagree my friend BRush

Goose is a current 14/12 player who is the Warriors' last line of defense most occasions... Hibbert isn't even in the same universe at this point.

Goose is a current 14/12 player who is the Warriors' last line of defense most occasions... Hibbert isn't even in the same universe at this point.
    I guess what I meant is not right now but I can see Hibbert becoming the same type of player. I just have always thought Harris and Ellis seemed similar. I personally think Ellis is a better shooter and Harris is by far the more all around PG since Ellis is really a SG.

Golden State fans hated Dunleavy because he lacked any sense of accountability and constantly blamed others (or simply the environment, situation, whatever) and never took responsibility for his own underachievement. They also tended to frown upon a very high pick failing to meet expectations no matter what role he was placed in...

The guy who Pacers fans would boo - now injured for Golden State - is also one of the nicest guys in the NBA...
    The nicest guys in the NBA don't go grab a gun out of there car, when no-one else is shooting. I still think Jack got a bad deal in INDY though. I also wouldn't be surprised if the real reason JT was sent into exile is because someone in INDy (maybe a fan?) was trying to kill him.

On another not LA has the most immature fan base in the league. They are completely mindless. MVp, MVP, MVP, noone can manipulate the refs like Kobe. If the Pacers suck so bad why did the refs have to bail the Lakers out last night?
    Last edited by spazzxb; 01-10-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Just because they are "loyal" fans, doesn't mean that alot of them aren't A-Holes , and it DOESN'T excuse their behavior...
    And exactly what specific behavior are you talking about? Can you please name the incident? Do we throw stuff on the court? Do get in trouble with the law? We cause brawls? Is it because we booed a CERTAIN FEW players? I guess we're the first fans in the history of sports to boo players. Is it because we have a few idiot posters on some message boards? Guess we're the only team with idiot posters too.

Let me take another guess. You don't like us because we booed Dunleavy. I guess Dunleavy is basketball Jesus and booing him is sacrilege.

I never judged the Warrior's fans passion when it comes to your basketball team. I am judging the fan base turning on players they had no right turning on. Why because you all thought Dun has a bad attitude in the media? Hello its the freaking media! Your fan base should be smart enough to know who the media is trying to make out to be the scapegoat. I also know for a fact that Arenas was never booed every time he touched the ball on his own home court. Nor was he booed when he made a basket for your team. Yes I cannot stand your fans. You are over the top emotional and how you express your frustration is ridiculous. You all make former players and especially Dunleavy a personal target instead of understanding he played when injured, he hardly missed any games and for that he gets booed. So yes i root against the Warriors anytime they play. So you can put the "We believe" signs away because obviously you all just pulled those out for the 1 month you were in the playoffs.
    Get over it. You pretty much hate us for one reason and one reason only: Because we booed the all precious basketball Jesus himself, Mike Dunleavy.

If Dunleavy was the #3 pick by the Knicks, Pistons, Lakers, Bulls or Philly, played the way he did his first 5 years in the league and displayed the attitude he did while doing so, do you honestly think fans in THOSE arenas wouldn't have booed him?

We're not the ones all butt hurt because one specific player we like is booed by another team's fanbase. Nor are we the ones hating and talking smack about other teams' fanbases. We boo a certain few players and not fanbases, so please reconsider exactly who is over the top.
    Last edited by d_c; 01-10-2009 at 09:07 PM.

LMAO. Get over it. You pretty much hate us for one reason and one reason only: Because we booed the all precious basketball Jesus himself, Mike Dunleavy.

If Dunleavy was the #3 pick by the Knicks, Lakers, Bulls or Philly, played the way he did his first 5 years in the league and displayed the attitude he did while doing so, you don't think fans in THOSE arenas wouldn't have booed him.

We're not the ones all butt hurt because one specific player we like is booed by another team's fanbase, so please reconsider exactly who is over the top.
    No I do not think they would boo him nor do I think they would basically make him the scapegoat for years of playoff non existence that your fan base and media do. Of course he said those things in the media. Dunleavy was not the problem the system you all ran was the problem. Did he shoot well? No. Did he defend well? No. Did he take the blame for the entire team? Yes. Even the entire team liked him. The only people who thought he was a bad guy were the people who read the papers in other words the fans. Listen i will admit i am a big fan of Mike, but all i started was a new thread on the Pacers board saying I did not like your fans and you come over trolling on my thread saying how dare I say such things. Typical GS fan. How about you get over yourself.

No I do not think they would boo him nor do I think they would basically make him the scapegoat for years of playoff non existence that your fan base and media do. Of course he said those things in the media. Dunleavy was not the problem the system you all ran was the problem. Did he shoot well? No. Did he defend well? No. Did he take the blame for the entire team? Yes. Even the entire team liked him. The only people who thought he was a bad guy were the people who read the papers in other words the fans. Listen i will admit i am a big fan of Mike, but all i started was a new thread on the Pacers board saying I did not like your fans and you come over trolling on my thread saying how dare I say such things. Typical GS fan. How about you get over yourself.
    I'm trolling on your board? This board that I have posted on far more than you have?

I'm talking smack about Pacer players or Pacer fans? The only smack I'm talking about is your post which smears another teams entire fanbase. I have a lot of posts on this board. Go back and check them all and see how much "trolling" I do. Why did I get voted the 2nd best non-Pacer fan on this board (behind KStat who has been here far longer than I have)? I guess my trolling is liked by a lot of people.

I've already stated before that I think Dunleavy is probably about 30% responsible himself for all that booing. The other 70% not his fault. A lot of it was unwarranted, absolutely.

But to claim a fanbase is horrible and to smear them all because they boo exactly one specific player is pretty childish.

This is silly. GS fans are no better or worse than Pacer fans, or any other team's fans. Some Pacer fans booed Artest, Jackson, and some will probably boo JO when he returns.

Besides, you act as if they are one monolithic entity, which is patently ridiculous. If you look at the GS fanbase, you will find the same kind of mix of people as in the Pacer fanbase: Sunshiners, Darksiders, fanboys, fire-the-coachers, tankers, etc.

As a mod on RealGM, I dealt extensively with GS fans in the immediate aftermath of the Murphleavy trade. There were some that were jackasses, but we had some jackasses on the Pacer board, as well. However, there were also a lot of pretty decent guys.

I never understood why people fixate on guys who are no longer with their team. We see it happening with JO now in some quarters, and it happened with some guys for Murphleavy. What does it get you? Seriously, I couldn't care less what those guys do when they aren't playing the Pacers, but some folks act as if JO or Jackson ran over their dog.

I have to side with d_c here. It is silly and shameful to trash an entire fanbase. They just want their team to win and do well (just like we do). They can boo whoever the hell they want. Dunleavy didn't work out there, and Jackson didn't work out here. I think it's a good thing for both franchises (and players) that the deal was done, and the players could flourish.

I hope Junior gives another 20-25 minutes jam packed with production, and that we knock down our second win on this road trip. I don't give a **** about what a loss in GS does to Dunleavy's honor, I'm more concerned that we don't fritter away our best opportunity for a win on the trip, thus negating the bonus value of the Suns win.

Quote Originally Posted by count55 View Post
    This is silly. GS fans are no better or worse than Pacer fans, or any other team's fans. Some Pacer fans booed Artest, Jackson, and some will probably boo JO when he returns.

Besides, you act as if they are one monolithic entity, which is patently ridiculous. If you look at the GS fanbase, you will find the same kind of mix of people as in the Pacer fanbase: Sunshiners, Darksiders, fanboys, fire-the-coachers, tankers, etc.

As a mod on RealGM, I dealt extensively with GS fans in the immediate aftermath of the Murphleavy trade. There were some that were jackasses, but we had some jackasses on the Pacer board, as well. However, there were also a lot of pretty decent guys.

I never understood why people fixate on guys who are no longer with their team. We see it happening with JO now in some quarters, and it happened with some guys for Murphleavy. What does it get you? Seriously, I couldn't care less what those guys do when they aren't playing the Pacers, but some folks act as if JO or Jackson ran over their dog.

I have to side with d_c here. It is silly and shameful to trash an entire fanbase. They just want their team to win and do well (just like we do). They can boo whoever the hell they want. Dunleavy didn't work out there, and Jackson didn't work out here. I think it's a good thing for both franchises (and players) that the deal was done, and the players could flourish.

I hope Junior gives another 20-25 minutes jam packed with production, and that we knock down our second win on this road trip. I don't give a **** about what a loss in GS does to Dunleavy's honor, I'm more concerned that we don't fritter away our best opportunity for a win on the trip, thus negating the bonus value of the Suns win.
    Well I really only wanted to start the thread as a pep cry for the Pacers to win the game, but obviously it got way out of proportion so anywho will move on and cheer on the Pacers while secretly disliking whichever fans I want. To those that were offended I aologize did not want to hurt anyone's feelings.