Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose in LaLaLand

Sports Logo

Default Post Game Thread - Pacers lose in LaLaLand

Since no one is doing it.....<< Please merge if needed >>

A few thoughts here:

1 ) Why Jack is out there after scoring only 2 points for the entire game and being useless guarding Kobe is beyond me.
    2 ) The Announcers said it......5 fouls with less then a minute left....and Granger is guarding a foul-magnet.....bad idea for Granger to guard Kobe....just a bad idea.
    3 ) I don't even know what to say about that last play. If we needed a backdoor pass come from a Big Man...I would much rather have Rasho do it then Foster...he's way better at passing and HE CAN HIT that shot from where Foster was standing.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Post Game Thread - Pacers lose in LaLaLand

i just dont get how Foster didnt have the awareness to shoot.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Yup, O'Brien is a great coach.

All of his supporters, explain, please.

It really makes you wonder how someone like JOB is even a coach. If this message board could somehow coach this team by commitee, it would be wayyy better than JOB.

I do like the offense he has our team running, I really do. But his substitutions and decisions are just ridiculous, does this guy even have a high school diploma.

We need to bring ANYBODY who is a point guard up from the D-league to replace jarrett jack, this is just ridiculous.
    *removed* Just keep politics and religion completely out of it, please.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i just dont get how Foster didnt have the awareness to shoot.
    I can....he wasn't expecting to shoot....he was expecting to quickly pass the ball to Dunleavy...and when the avenue was closed off by Sasha...he wasn't prepared to shoot.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I miss Daniels and Ford. Can we ever get to full health?

Wish Rush could have a little bit more confidence so we could have seen him in the game tonight.

YOU CAN DO IT!

I really don't have a problem with how this game was coached. Is every loss a bad-coached game to you people?
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

If i dont post ever again it's because i drowned in my own tears tonight. When Dunleavy hit that three I just got that feeling we had it....it doesn't get more disappointing than this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Suaveness View Post
    I really don't have a problem with how this game was coached. Is every loss a bad-coached game to you people?
    Every loss is not a bad coached game. I have NEVER thought a single game this season was a loss due to coaching. But this one is INEXCUSABLE. Jarrett Jack guarding Kobe was a joke. And Jack even playing any minutes in the 4th is a complete joke.

Did anyone see Kobe when he saw Jack at him on the final shot. He looked like he was getting ready to shoot a jumper in an empty gym. He knew he was making that shot.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I can....he wasn't expecting to shoot....he was expecting to quickly pass the ball to Dunleavy...and when the avenue was closed off by Sasha...he wasn't prepared to shoot.
    well when he saw it was closed off he needs to know. he had 3 seconds.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Theodore View Post
    We need to bring ANYBODY who is a point guard up from the D-league to replace jarrett jack, this is just ridiculous.
    There is "good" Jack, the one we saw light up the Knicks.....then there's the "sucky" Jack...the one we saw tonight. Why no one on the Coaching staff realized that Kobe was abusing Jack everytime he had the mismatch is what's frustrating. It looks like Jack was doing his best to minimize Kobe's drives to the hoop.....but once Kobe sized him up....he just shot over the much shorter Jack.

Honestly....I would much rather have BRush defend Kobe, get some ticky-tacky rookie fouls then have Jack guard him. At least there was a chance that Kobe wouldn't have abused BRush like he did Jack.

If Marquis was healthy...Jack wouldn't have been on the floor.

The only thing I can do is try to sleep this one off. Later guys!

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    There is "good" Jack, the one we saw light up the Knicks.....then there's the "sucky" Jack...the one we saw tonight. Why no one on the Coaching staff realized that Kobe was abusing Jack everytime he had the mismatch is what's frustrating. It looks like Jack was doing his best to minimize Kobe's drives to the hoop.....but once Kobe sized him up....he just shot over the much shorter Jack.

Honestly....I would much rather have BRush defend Kobe, get some ticky-tacky rookie fouls then have Jack guard him. At least there was a chance that Kobe wouldn't have abused BRush like he did Jack.

If Marquis was healthy...Jack wouldn't have been on the floor.
    Anyone can look good against the knicks. Come playoff time (which we wont be in) teams like the knicks don't matter. You have to worry about GOOD teams.

I might be hanging myself here, but how many good games has Jack had against better NBA teams. I am honestly asking.

Seriously? That is how you play out the final 2 possessions? Put a small Fry on the games best player and give him essentially an open jumper? Then pass it to the worst offensive player on the team, and let him try to create a play? JOB YOU ARE WORTHLESS. How do you not draw up a play for dunleavy, murphy, even Jack? What the heck enters his mind to think he can draw up a gimmick play on the final possession against one of the best teams int he league! Just throw the freaking game away! Bizzaro world. How do we have a great final play in Phx, and 2 days later, this crap!

streets ahead

jack was on the floor because we didn't have anyone else to put on bryant. are you going to put rush on him? nope. graham? nopers. dunleavy? nopest. jack did an okay job but there's only so much he can do at 6'2" we should have probably brought help.

danny guarding kobe was a bad idea at that point.

i too would have preferred rasho to pass if we wanted a big to do it but honestly, i think if i would have passed the ball into foster i would have had him fake the pass back to dunleavy then drive to the hoop. with 3 seconds, even though mike is a much better shooter, i'd be afraid of what happened happening. i may be crazy, but i think i would have put graham out there for that play (instead of diener, probably). graham did a pretty good job in phoenix causing the suns to switch and follow him to the hoop - at the very least we could have sent him to the hoop in hopes of getting a quick layup to tie. but i don't really have a problem with the play - or at least to the point of screaming for o'brien's head. he set up a FLAWLESS play to win in phoenix and this one wasn't executed the way it was intended. it happens.

oh well. seriously people - we've played the lakers twice and the games have been decided by a total of THREE points. we got insanely lucky on troy's tap. we got insanely unlucky not even getting a shot off and having granger on the bench. i'm actually pretty encouraged by this -- i know we hate moral victories but honestly i was expecting to be blown out like the second celtics game. we played well without having TJ or Quis. mike had a solid second game (minus that stupid TO when granger got his 5th) danny had a pretty good game, troy had a great game... let's finish out the trip with wins in oakland and salt lake.
    Last edited by avoidingtheclowns; 01-10-2009 at 01:40 AM.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by crunk-juice View Post
    well when he saw it was closed off he needs to know. he had 3 seconds.
    Anthem mentioned it......there isn't enough time for a rebound....so why Foster was out there in the first place is questionable. If we needed a Big Man passer out there, I would much rather have Rasho....at least he can hit that shot.

Either way....this is one of those prime examples of a decent play being written up that was simply disrupted. It looked like if Dunleavy was freed up and got the ball, he would have either shot the ball over Sasha or he would have quickly drove to the hoop since the lane was open.

Jack is what he is, a backup point guard. No more, no less. If he was more consistent he would be a starting point guard. O'Brien is not utilizing him correctly, and it showed. However, he's also tied with the fact that Ford is hurt, a team needs at least 2 point guards. Of course him guarding Kobe is inexcusable, I alluded to that fact in my Free Brandon Rush post.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyjwo View Post
    Seriously? That is how you play out the final 2 possessions? Put a small Fry on the games best player and give him essentially an open jumper? Then pass it to the worst offensive player on the team, and let him try to create a play? JOB YOU ARE WORTHLESS. How do you not draw up a play for dunleavy, murphy, even Jack? What the heck enters his mind to think he can draw up a gimmick play on the final possession against one of the best teams int he league! Just throw the freaking game away! Bizzaro world. How do we have a great final play in Phx, and 2 days later, this crap!
    He did draw a play up for Dunleavy, problem was Foster was invovled. There isn't a single poster on this board that would of put rasho or troy in that play instead of foster.

Why doesn't Larry Bird just coach this team?

Stephen Graham did well on Kobe on a few possessions.

I rarely voice my opinion, but here goes:

1. Having Jarrett Jack guarding Kobe -- or even having Jack on the floor in the last four minutes when his IQ automatically falls 50 points -- is indefensible.
    2. Granger committed three of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen him commit -- reaching in on Kobe is like $%#^^ing the queen of England out in the front yard of the palace.
    3. Foster has been terrible of late, and hustle doesn't make it OK. He should never have been on the floor when a team needs two points to put it into OT or a 3 to win. You need five shooters out there, and we had three.
    4. This one's on JOB.

Thank you. I needed to vent.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    jack was on the floor because we didn't have anyone else to put on bryant. are you going to put rush on him? nope. graham? nopers. dunleavy? nopest. jack did an okay job but there's only so much he can do at 6'2" we should have probably brought help.
    I know that BRush is a rookie and is prone to make some mistakes....but Jack on Kobe was a very bad matchup.....nearly every possession at the end of the game for Kobe that Jack was guarding him was an automatic score.

I could see that Jack was doing his best to defend Kobe......but in the end...he was just posting him up and shooting over him.

Don't get me wrong....I'm not saying put BRush on Kobe because I'm some BRush homer....I just don't see how BRush could have done any worse then Jack against Kobe who was having his way with him. At least the size advantage would have been negated.

Quote Originally Posted by avoidingtheclowns View Post
    jack was on the floor because we didn't have anyone else to put on bryant. are you going to put rush on him? nope. graham? nopers.
    i
    I think I would rather have had Graham on him -- he's at least tall enough and jumps enough to get a hand in Bryant's face and make it somewhat difficult for him. I agree no one on the Pacer roster is a guaranteed stop on Bryant.

My opinion:
    I think Jack deserves a break. Terrible game, terrible decision-making? Maybe. But should we blame him for not defending Kobe to the point where he misses? I don't believe we should.

Still can't get over that final play - but I do have to go to work tomorrow, so goodnight all.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGranger33 View Post
    My opinion:
    I think Jack deserves a break. Terrible game, terrible decision-making? Maybe. But should we blame him for not defending Kobe to the point where he misses? I don't believe we should.
    You're right, Jack isn't the one to blame. But who is responsible for him being out there in that situation? JOB.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
    I rarely voice my opinion, but here goes:

1. Having Jarrett Jack guarding Kobe -- or even having Jack on the floor in the last four minutes when his IQ automatically falls 50 points -- is indefensible.
    2. Granger committed three of the dumbest fouls I've ever seen him commit -- reaching in on Kobe is like $%#^^ing the queen of England out in the front yard of the palace.
    3. Foster has been terrible of late, and hustle doesn't make it OK. He should never have been on the floor when a team needs two points to put it into OT or a 3 to win. You need five shooters out there, and we had three.
    4. This one's on JOB.

Thank you. I needed to vent.

thank you..................I agreed with this