Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Re:

Default Re:

See what happens when you disappear for a half hour to watch ESPN?

Seriously
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Default Re:

There's a difference. Billups is a PG, Wagner is not. Wagner is an iverson-wannabe chucker with half the speed. There isnt a passing bone in his body.
    Your description of Wagner is pretty much the opinion that Pitino had of Billups (backed by Bob Cousy, who thought Chauncey would NEVER learn point guard skills).

They were wrong, obviously, about his potential.

Wagner is in the same boat. I'd say NOW he's a little quicker than Billups but not as strong. He definitely has more shot-making ability but poor shot selection. He is nowhere as quick as Iverson.

IF HE WORKS HARD AND WANTS TO LEARN THE POINT, I think that 5 years from now he'd be better than Billups ever was. Not by a lot, and maybe not as good as a defender, but better offensively in transition and in half court sets.
    The poster "pacertom" since this forum began (and before!). I changed my name here to "Slick Pinkham" in honor of the imaginary player That Bobby "Slick" Leonard picked late in the 1971 ABA draft (true story!)

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

I'm coming late to Wednesday night at the fights but from reading things it looks like:

Kstat says Chauncey is stronger than Wagner because he is taller and weighs more. He gave no other reason.

J-Won't says that Al is stronger than Big Ben because he is taller and weighs more.

Kstat then counters with the good old standby when you are losing an argument - he insults the rookie.

If I were to give my scorecard in right now I would say the rookie has given the veteran Kstat a TKO.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

I have not read this entire thread, nor will I, but I just wanted to say that strength is not proportional to how tall someone is or how much someone weighs.

I do believe Chauncey is stronger, though.

And the argument that Ben Wallace is not a strong guy is laughable at best. And to even say that Harrington is stronger, is ridiculous...

Oh What Could Have Been! fwpacerfan's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re:

I have not read this entire thread, nor will I, but I just wanted to say that strength is not proportional to how tall someone is or how much someone weighs.

I do believe Chauncey is stronger, though.

And the argument that Ben Wallace is not a strong guy is laughable at best. And to even say that Harrington is stronger, is ridiculous...

I (like most on here) happen to agree w/Kstat but I'm waiting for him to come up with a stronger argument than "Billups is taller and weighs more."
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Default Re:

I think it's all relative, and weight doesn't neccessary correllate to strength. This is another Bender "urban legend" but I read on the Indy Star website that he's one of the strongest guys in the weight room, and obviously he's still very light.

As for Chauncey Billups, I'd put Brewer on him. The man is a defensive pit bull

Nerd.
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: Re:

Bump.

Stupid debate!

Ignore.
    [edit=145=1088395441][/edit]
    [edit=145=1088395523][/edit]

Mood

Have to add the closing tags. Easiest way is to first have the front tag show up, paste what you need, then hit CTRL and SPACE. That makes the appropriate end tag appear.

Since you have to edit to do it now, i"m not sure if that will work and you may just have to type them in yourself.

From a quote box with the Harrison story in the print edition of this morning's Star:

"We don't have a guy like David. We don't have a guy of his size (7 feet) and strength (285 pounds)."
    ==================
    Pacers Coach Rick Carlisle

Let the debate rage on!...........

[edit=19=1088516484][/edit]
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731