Thread: Well, that figures.

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Default Well, that figures.

So I look forward all year to the two times that the Pacers come all the way to my neck of the woods to get beaten by whichever Los Angeles team they happen to be playing. This year is no exception. It's one thing to watch or listen in via TV or computer, but seeing the players live - even if the team has Haislip, Britten Johnsen and the Veep (True Story) - is a very special treat.

And guess where I WON'T be when the Pacers play the Lakers? That's right, I'm out of town for work

Guess where I am right now? If you guessed Indianapolis, give the man a prize!

If someone wants to grab a burger and a beer later, give me a PM.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo

Default Re: Well, that figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So I look forward all year to the two times that the Pacers come all the way to my neck of the woods to get beaten by whichever Los Angeles team they happen to be playing. This year is no exception. It's one thing to watch or listen in via TV or computer, but seeing the players live - even if the team has Haislip, Britten Johnsen and the Veep (True Story) - is a very special treat.

And guess where I WON'T be when the Pacers play the Lakers? That's right, I'm out of town for work

Guess where I am right now? If you guessed Indianapolis, give the man a prize!

If someone wants to grab a burger and a beer later, give me a PM.
    Well, you can go meet up with anybody here on the PD forum.....but sorry to hear this matter of bad timing.

You not only miss out on the game in LaLa Land on the road....but you happen to show up in Indy when they have a week long road trip where they're not even there. At the very least, you should try to stop by and take a picture at Conseco Fieldhouse.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I'm laughing with you, not at you.

(as far as your concerned)

(also, been there myself and it does suck, several Charlotte flip-flops happened to me, plus Seattle and PHX trips)

How long you gonna be in town?

Cheeseburger in Paradise Los Angeles's Avatar

Indy tonight. Bloomington tomorrow (my sister lives there now with her family) And right now I don't have Saturday plans but need to figure something out.

Flying out Sunday morning.
    “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

“If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to serve as a horrible warning.” - Catherine Aird

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Sounds kinda like a story I had when I was younger. I was visiting Washington D.C. with my mom, aunt, and cousin. Anyway, their was something going on in the building they played in so we got to go in. We weren't sure what team was playing, but I asked my mom if we could go just to see a game, of course she said no, we were in DC and I wanted to watch a basketball game. Anyway, later in the hotel that night I found out they had played the Pacers that night. -_-

Thats a bummer though, maybe you can meet up with some PD guys and watch it at a sports bar though.