Game ball to Nene?

Banned

Default Re: post game thread pacers got kill

I meant to write killed. my bad

Yeah, I'm a Pacers fan. MyFavMartin's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I turned it off after down by 15 in the 1st back was surprised to find the pacers evened up near the end of the 3rd.

Turnover city from there on out. Seemed like a layup drill for the Nuggets til they got a 20 point lead and then it was jack-a-three the rest of the way, cause it was over.

Mood

why was rush out for most of it?

Still alot of holes to fill on this team. I only see a few players worth keeping on this team. That's a start.

The Denver bench is pretty dynamic. Filled with vets, hustlers, strong defenders, basket attackers, smooth shooters etc..It's time the Pacers start looking for some of those kind of players.

Why was Daniels out there only 11 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by EmCeE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why was Daniels out there only 11 minutes?
    Pulled groin.

yeah mid way threw the 3rd I checked the score and it was like 80-80 I was shocked to see us lose by this amount.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

This is one of the most anti-clutch teams I've ever seen. When the game's on the line, we typically become a jumbled mess, turning the ball over and missing shot after shot.

I think we should've used the bench more when we got close. Rush, McRoberts... could've brought some energy and gave us a couple fresh legs

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    I think we should've used the bench more when we got close. Rush, McRoberts... could've brought some energy and gave us a couple fresh legs
    2nd unit brought us back in the 1st half, right?

JR Smith should be starting for them.

Banned

I'm growing incredibly bored with this team.

Sports Logo

Default Re: post game thread pacers got killed

We lost to the Nuggets, a team that can keep pace with our uptempo offense, has 2 All-Star level players and more then enough decent interior scoring threats and defenders that can work in the Low-Post ( Kenyon Martin and Nene ).

Unfortunately, we're gonna likely lose in the next 3 games cuz we're playing 3 of the Top 5 scoring teams on the Road and we are one of the worst defending teams in the league on the Road.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    I turned it off after down by 15 in the 1st back was surprised to find the pacers evened up near the end of the 3rd.

Turnover city from there on out. Seemed like a layup drill for the Nuggets til they got a 20 point lead and then it was jack-a-three the rest of the way, cause it was over.
    We only had 9 turnovers, which is good for us
    Quote Originally Posted by iPACER View Post
    why was rush out for most of it?
    I think hes in JOB doghouse now for some reason
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

In all honesty there really isn't much to say about this game because frankly the Nuggets are just a better overall team than we are. They have us at every single position on the floor with maybe, just maybe, Danny being Anthony's equal.

Stat wise Danny outplayed him, however this is the differance between a great player playing with other good players vs. a great player pretty much having to be a one man show.

I am not hounding on O'Brien for this because I honestly don't think it would have made a differance.

But, again, why when you are already short players due to injury and you are playing an up tempo team not to mention you are playing in an altitude that is not condusive to running anyway do you decide once again to shorten your rotation.

I get that Brandon is on the outs, I don't even have a problem with it because for the past couple of games he has been sluggish as heck, but circumstances dictated otherwise this game.

Daniels going down and T.J. not playing dictates that you open up the bench a little.

If you didn't see the game don't be fooled by the box score that shows a lot of players playing. McBob and Rush came in when we had thrown up the white flag. Roy fouled out with 5 fouls again.

But understand, I am not saying any of this would have made a differance at all in the outcome. I am just far more worried about fatigue and wear and tear on the players.

On that note, does anyone have any idea what is up with Rasho? I think the Rocky Mountains move faster anymore than he does.

Is he injured or fatigued or what???? He looks like 1/4 the player he was at the beginning of the season.

this game is a bigger disgrace to this franchise than the fight. whoever you are playing against letting them score 135 is unacceptable. bird gotta do something. i don't know what it would be. trading,firing the coach or something else i don't care but he must do something. waiting mike to come and save us shows how pathetic the situation is right now.

thats right.
    incredible, 135 points!!!
    As i mentioned it already you can win w/o defense against ny or sacramento. but against good teams like denver or atlanta you have to play solid/good D.
    right now we arent deserve a playoff spot.
    Priority number 1, we have to show everyone that we can play solid D. and not just in one game!

BIRD DO SOMETHING!!!

Running with the Big Boys BillS's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Roy fouled out with 5 fouls again.
    I thought Roy was in again after his fifth foul. In any event, he was getting schooled out there on defense and was playing far too weakly on offense to be anything other than the source of somebody's shot blocking record.

Sluggish defined the entire team in the first and fourth quarters. I'm not sure what it was, but it was like someone had beaten the heart out of them before the game even started.

Yeah, playing in Denver can be difficult, which might explain the collapse at the end, but still.
    BillS

"Every time I pitched it was like throwing gasoline on a fire. Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw! Pkkw!"
    - Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BillS View Post
    I thought Roy was in again after his fifth foul. In any event, he was getting schooled out there on defense and was playing far too weakly on offense to be anything other than the source of somebody's shot blocking record.

Sluggish defined the entire team in the first and fourth quarters. I'm not sure what it was, but it was like someone had beaten the heart out of them before the game even started.

Yeah, playing in Denver can be difficult, which might explain the collapse at the end, but still.
    Hibbert did come back in and play the final 4:35, but the team was down 20 by that point.

As opposed to the Knicks game, where I thought it would've been nice to run some post ups for Roy in the 4th as the lead slipped away, it's difficult for me to understand the criticism regarding Roy's rotations in this game.

He picked up his 5th foul with 3:32 in the third and went to the bench. Denver then pushed the lead from 3 to 12 in a span of 91 seconds in the fourth quarter. I'm hard pressed to see Roy as a key component of a comeback, at least at this stage.

On the other hand, like others, I understand Brandon's fall from grace, but, boy, do we need him to get it together. With no Dunleavy and no Daniels, 29 minutes is just too long to have Stephen on the floor. Plus, it's unfair to him, in any case, to have him play all but 1 minute in the second half (if I have my numbers right) in any game, let alone a game in Denver at that pace.

We got beaten badly by a much better team. Our defense was terrible, but their's wasn't a whole lot better. Danny and Troy missed a bunch of open three's or we would have run up the score with them.

Denver's roster is much better than ours, especially in the frontcourt. Nene, Martin, and Anderson are a strong 3 man rotation. This was another game where our lack of athleticism in the frontcourt killed us.

Hibbert didn't look very good. He's propensity for stupid fouls has not decreased. He didn't show any sort of solid or reliable low post moves. He's also one of the slowest players I've ever seen. I don't know how many times there are loose balls or rebounds that are snagged by a player who's 3-4 feet out of position because Roy can't move fast enough to get to them. I'm starting to get the feeling that he better develop into a very solid low post scorer and an excellent shot-blocker/alterer on defense if he's going to be much of a player. At this point I've given up on the idea that he's ever going to make a hustle play.

Also, you really can't expect to win a game where Graham plays 29 minutes. He's a good 6th wing player, but he shouldn't ever play that many minutes again.

This was one of the worst refereed games I've ever watched. Way too many silly whistles on both teams. Blocks, charges, and no calls were not called with any measure of consistency. Technicals were called for what seemed like mild reactions and then J.R. Smith is allowed to scream "That's b***s***!" after obviously fouling Graham on a putback attempt.
    Last edited by OakMoses; 01-06-2009 at 10:16 AM.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    this game is a bigger disgrace to this franchise than the fight.
    No it isn't. The Pacers were very shorthanded, playing Denver's game in Denver's arena. The loss counts as a loss, not a disgrace. Could this be called trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by deekay
    As i mentioned it already you can win w/o defense against ny or sacramento. but against good teams like denver or atlanta you have to play solid/good D.
    What I notice, deekay, is that until recently you said defense is always necessary to win, and that the Pacers play "no defense." After the Pacers beat the Knicks and the Kings, you changed your tune. Now you say, defense is always necessary except when it isn't.

Nobody here doesn't wish the Pacers were playing better and winning more games. I'd be happy if the Pacers won a 70-68 squeaker against Phoenix, but I don't think it would happen. I think this blanket argument that any loss equals "no defense" and that the Pacers would somehow do better if they averaged 82 points than they are doing now averaging 102 points is unproven. They might do even worse.

This loss to the Nuggets is regrettable, but it doesn't prove your point. Denver played "no defense" and still won the game with pure offense. They won becaue they played better than the Pacers, and they did that because they had more talent and experience on the floor than the Pacers had.
    Last edited by Putnam; 01-06-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    And I won't be here to see the day
    It all dries up and blows away
    I'd hang around just to see
    But they never had much use for me
    In Levelland. (James McMurtry)

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Real teams show up in the fourth quarter. Every team we play, plays harder in the fourth quarter. We are unable to match their intensity. When The Nugs decided to play defense we could not do anything. And that is where we are at with this team. It doesn't matter that we score all these points. I don't care if it is "entertaining".

What I want is for this team to win a game entirely. Not blow big leads. I understand that Rush is not playing great, but is Stephen playing that much better. Have him and Jack out there is carelessness at it's best.

I want this team to improve. I don't care if we make the playoffs. I want a glimmer of progress. And not individual progress alone. I want a team, not players on a team.

After this road trip, I feel as if the Pacers will make a splash in the News Wire. I don't know how, but we all know why. It is time to readjust and tweak alittle.

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    Real teams show up in the fourth quarter. Every team we play, plays harder in the fourth quarter. We are unable to match their intensity. When The Nugs decided to play defense we could not do anything. And that is where we are at with this team. It doesn't matter that we score all these points. I don't care if it is "entertaining".
    I don't think it's a question of effort in the 4th quarter, I think it's a question of talent. We play harder than most teams through 3 quarters and that allows us to stay in games. Once they crank it up, however, we rarely have the talent to overcome the rise in intensity. We have almost no who can create for themselves or others, our offense is based on taking advantage of other team's mental lapses. Increased focus brings fewer mental lapses and our offense stalls. Also, other teams run iso's for their best player and we can't shut them down with one player. This causes breakdowns in our team defense that lead to wide open shots.

I haven't seen anything from this team that leads me to believe that they're not playing as hard. They just aren't as good.

I still believe, however, that this is a playoff team with a healthy Dunleavy and Ford.
    "A man with no belly has no appetite for life."

- Salman Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by mellifluous View Post
    We got beaten badly by a much better team. Our defense was terrible, but their's wasn't a whole lot better. Danny and Troy missed a bunch of open three's or we would have run up the score with them.

Denver's roster is much better than ours, especially in the frontcourt. Nene, Martin, and Anderson are a strong 3 man rotation. This was another game where our lack of athleticism in the frontcourt killed us.

Hibbert didn't look very good. He's propensity for stupid fouls has not decreased. He didn't show any sort of solid or reliable low post moves. He's also one of the slowest players I've ever seen. I don't know how many times there are loose balls or rebounds that are snagged by a player who's 3-4 feet out of position because Roy can't move fast enough to get to them. I'm starting to get the feeling that he better develop into a very solid low post scorer and an excellent shot-blocker/alterer on defense if he's going to be much of a player. At this point I've given up on the idea that he's ever going to make a hustle play.

Also, you really can't expect to win a game where Graham plays 29 minutes. He's a good 6th wing player, but he shouldn't ever play that many minutes again.

This was one of the worst refereed games I've ever watched. Way too many silly whistles on both teams. Blocks, charges, and no calls were not called with any measure of consistency. Technicals were called for what seemed like mild reactions and then J.R. Smith is allowed to scream "That's b***s***!" after obviously fouling Graham on a putback attempt.
    Granger was 4-8 from three. That's missing a bunch?