Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

  1. #1
    Member Raoul Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Philawarepraguacago
    Posts
    408

    Default Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Via Ball Don't Lie "Weblog" via Indy Cornrows via South Bend Tribune
    J.E. Skeets
    Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:00 pm EST

    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,132225




    Troy Murphy thinks long-term.

    Last season, the pasty white Indiana Pacers forward/center said he was interested in becoming a licensed spray tanner after his NBA career came to an end. (Darko was ecstatic.)

    This season? Well, this season The Murph tells Tom Noie of the South Bend Tribune via Indy Cornrows that he sees himself worrying about bridal dresses and flower arrangements, post-basketball.

    Murphy corralled tickets for 19 family members and friends for Friday's game.

    "I felt like I was planning a wedding," he said.

    Funny, because Murphy insists that when his pro days are done, whenever that might be, he would like to enter that career field.

    "I'm going to be an event planner weddings, bar mitzvahs, everything like that," he said. "That's my passion. It is. I've just taken it up the last couple of years."

    He insists he's serious, but for someone who lists "Gatorgum" as his favorite meal in the media guide, you can't tell if he's set on it, or just joking. Troy Murphy, wedding planner?

    "I wouldn't doubt it," deadpanned teammate Travis Diener.

  2. #2
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,040
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Why would you admit this? Shaq wants to be a cop. Rick Fox was an actor. This guy is the Anti-thesis to Rodman.

  3. #3
    100 Miles from the B count55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,772

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you admit this? Shaq wants to be a cop. Rick Fox was an actor. This guy is the Anti-thesis to Rodman.
    You say that as if it's a bad thing.

  4. #4
    Denim Chicken duke dynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    13,373
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Carla (Ms. Dukie) got him some info on coming down to her Tanning Salon she helps run. He is really into spray tanning. I mean really into it.

    Troy is into some odd things for a pro basketball player. He loves chick flicks as well.

    Oh, Troy.

  5. #5
    White and Nerdy Anthem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    23,738

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    If I was an NBA player, I'd make up so much stuff you wouldn't believe it.

    Not saying that's the case here, just saying what I'd do.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

    • Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

    Enjoy your time at PD!

  6. #6
    Wasting Light Hicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583
    Mood

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by duke dynamite View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Carla (Ms. Dukie) got him some info on coming down to her Tanning Salon she helps run. He is really into spray tanning. I mean really into it.

    Troy is into some odd things for a pro basketball player. He loves chick flicks as well.

    Oh, Troy.
    And his favorite book is American Psycho. There are layers to this man we simply do not see in public.

  7. #7
    Administrator Unclebuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,711

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Should we really care about this one way or the other.

  8. #8
    Banned Fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,408

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And his favorite book is American Psycho. There are layers to this man we simply do not see in public.
    Is one of them a good basketball player?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    17,383

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    That's just Old Reliable being himself.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And his favorite book is American Psycho. There are layers to this man we simply do not see in public.


    There is an idea of a Troy Murphy; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
    WE ARE NOT GETTING ERIC GORDON

  11. #11
    Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Johnson's Bay, Lake Wawasee
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,273

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I was an NBA player, I'd make up so much stuff you wouldn't believe it.

    Not saying that's the case here, just saying what I'd do.
    It's a contest. Diener doesn't really have pet piranha.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

    -Lance Stephenson

  12. #12
    Can see thru wooden doors dal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,909

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    There is an idea of a Troy Murphy; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

    That is great.

    How did you even do that?

  13. #13
    Member Erik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    40
    Posts
    727

    Default Re: Troy Murphy Wedding Planner

    Quote Originally Posted by Aw Heck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    There is an idea of a Troy Murphy; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.

Similar Threads

  1. Troy Murphy is worthless
    By TheDon in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 12-05-2008, 03:32 PM
  2. Coach 'em up, season 2: Troy Murphy
    By thunderbird1245 in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
  3. Get rid of Troy Murphy
    By Aw Heck in forum Trade Proposals
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 01:04 AM
  4. Troy Murphy
    By OakMoses in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 06:17 PM
  5. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 02:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •