Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dunleavy will play tomorrow!

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Dunleavy will play tomorrow!

I found this little gem at the end of tonight's post game report. I know a report like this circulated at about this time last month and I really hope this one is true.

Associated Press
    ESPN.com
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290102018

NEW YORK -- Jarrett Jack made a jumper with 0.9 seconds left and scored a season-high 29 points, and the Indiana Pacers snapped a four-game losing streak with a 105-103 victory over the New York Knicks on Friday night.

Jack, who recently moved into the starting lineup, scored the Pacers' final six points to help them finally pull out a close game. The losses during their skid had come by a total of 12 points, and they nearly blew this one after leading by 11 in the second half.Al Harrington scored 22 of his 27 points in the second half against his former team, and David Lee added 26 points and 11 rebounds for the Knicks.The Knicks never led until a flurry of 10 straight points midway through the fourth quarter. Harrington scored the first four, and buckets by Lee and Wilson Chandler gave New York a 96-93 edge with 3:31 to play. After an Indiana timeout, Nate Robinson drove past T.J. Ford for a five-point lead.The Pacers blocked two shots and forced a turnover on the Knicks' next three possessions, scoring six straight to regain the lead at 99-98 on Troy Murphy's tip.Harrington gave the Knicks one more lead, but Jack knocked down a jumper, then made a layup on Indiana's next trip for a 103-100 advantage. Chandler's three-point play after a strong drive to the hoop tied it, but the Pacers calmly brought the ball down for Jack's go-ahead jumper.Robinson missed a tough 3-point try as time expired.Danny Granger scored 22 points, and Murphy added 15 points and 18 boards for the Pacers, who had been 0-8 on Fridays. They continued their recent dominance of the Knicks, having swept the series for the first time last season.Robinson finished with 15 points on just 4-of-14 shooting, while Chandler was 5-of-15 and scored 13. The Knicks have lost four straight at Madison Square Garden, where they haven't won since Dec. 7.Roy Hibbert made all four shots for eight points in the first quarter, helping Indiana build a 27-23 lead. The Pacers had a 53-44 advantage at halftime, with Jack making four of their seven
    3-pointers.

Harrington scored 11 points in the third quarter, but the Knicks couldn't make much of a run, closing only to 83-77 entering the final period.

Game notes

Knicks president Donnie Walsh wasn't aware what discussions Stephon Marbury was having with other teams, a day after ESPN.com reported the banished guard could end up in Boston. However, while the report said Marbury's ability to secure his release from the Knicks was a potential sticking point, Walsh seemed to indicate the delay in getting anything done was caused by Marbury, who has refused to give up much or any of his $20.8 million salary. "If it is (true), then that would seem to be motivation to try and talk," Walsh said of the report. "If you're going to do a buyout, then it takes two to tango." ... Pacers coach Jim O'Brien said Mike Dunleavy, out all season with a right knee injury, could return within a week or so. Dunleavy must have wished he could play Friday: He had three 36-point games, matching his career high, against the Knicks last season. ... Chris Duhon received some mail from the White House: Two pictures featuring himself and first lady Laura Bush from when the Knicks guard spoke at the National Book Festival and the Library of Congress in the fall.

Default Re: Dunleavy could return within a week!

ya they mentioned this in the game. They said the Dunleavy could return as early as next week with LIMITED mins. But who knows with JOB he would probably play Dunleavy extensive mins and Dunleavy re-injures his knee...I have no faith in JOB
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Passion, Pride, Playoffs, Pacers

woman without a team

I simply can't resist it.

Dunleavy will return within a week. In which week would that be? One in January, February, March, or April?

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

OMG THIS IS GREAT NEWS!!!

Its only a possibility, but definately good news. Atleast we know that he is making progress with his knee.
    "So, which one of you guys is going to come in second?" - Larry Bird before the 3 point contest. He won.

woohoo

I hope it happens soon. Sounds like a real possibility.

Sports Logo

You know where we are playing in a week right? The Pacers would be in Oakland on Sunday January 11th against the Warriors. I would hate for his return to the floor be on a really hostile court where he will appear VERY rusty.

I hope that he returns on the 14th when we return from our West Coast Road trip.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

I think he has something to prove in Golden State. Plus, he would be away from the home town crowd that has seemed to make him our season savior. I think there would be far less pressure on him during a road game than here in Indy.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

He won't be back by the 14th.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Slaughter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he has something to prove in Golden State. Plus, he would be away from the home town crowd that has seemed to make him our season savior. I think there would be far less pressure on him during a road game than here in Indy.
    Do not know if there would be less pressure at Oakland. They are not a great team, but guarantee you they would have a sell out to boo Dunleavy and to a smaller extent Murphy. Wow they really hate him. So personally I would love Dunleavy to get his first start in Indiana. I think Pacers fans are far more intelligent than most. I am sure they are not all saying he is the savior. More than likely they are hoping he helps the team win, which I think he will. He is a smart vet that this team desperately needs on the floor.

Just back from injury seems to be exactly the wrong time to try to prove something. The Warriers fans can wait and so can we at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BRushWithDeath View Post
    He won't be back by the 14th.
    Agree. Obie said "A week or two" not "a week." Figure on three, and be excited if it's less than that.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    Agree. Obie said "A week or two" not "a week." Figure on three, and be excited if it's less than that.
    the commentator from the NYK game said "as early as next week"

Quote Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
    I was in the camp that thought he probably needed surgery, but that has changed.

As far as we know, the only thing holding him back is conditioning. It's possible he could come back tonight (already cleared from more full-speed practicing than Travis is cleared for game time).

I just don't see Obie resisting the urge to play him before he's fully (conditioned) ready (also like Diener).

Sports Logo

Uhh.....basically what they said:

Quote Originally Posted by dlewyus View Post
    Just back from injury seems to be exactly the wrong time to try to prove something. The Warriers fans can wait and so can we at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhondog28 View Post
    Do not know if there would be less pressure at Oakland. They are not a great team, but guarantee you they would have a sell out to boo Dunleavy and to a smaller extent Murphy. Wow they really hate him. So personally I would love Dunleavy to get his first start in Indiana. I think Pacers fans are far more intelligent than most. I am sure they are not all saying he is the savior. More than likely they are hoping he helps the team win, which I think he will. He is a smart vet that this team desperately needs on the floor.
    I don't know how much pressure there is to return to the court against the Warriors.....but I can tell you that the Golden State crowd is a VERY HOSTILE crowd that HATES Dunleavy. Think Artest's 1st return to Indy x10. I just didn't want him to play his first game on the road against a very hostile crowd when he will be very rusty. Not that he isn't a Professional and can't handle it, I just don't see the need to rush him back while on the road most notably in against a running Team. I would much rather him return to a friendlier Home Crowd that would welcome him back.
    Last edited by CableKC; 01-03-2009 at 02:55 PM.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by imawhat View Post
    I just don't see Obie resisting the urge to play him (Dunleavy) before he's fully (conditioned) ready (also like Diener).
    If you're saying what I think you're saying then I agree. I think JOB and the training staff learned a huge lesson from last year in how they rushed JO back only to have to sit him soon after his return to the court. They'll play Dunleavy's return real cautiously and won't rush it. He won't be back until he can go atleast 15-20 minutes. To read that he's been doing 30 min 3-on-3 drills is a very good sign that he's real close to getting back out on the court. To that, I'd have to agree with the commentators that he'll be back sooner rather than later - within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by CableKC View Post
    I don't know how much pressure there is to return to the court against the Warriors.....but I can tell you that the Golden State crowd is a VERY HOSTILE crowd that HATES Dunleavy. Think Artest's 1st return to Indy x10.
    They're more of just a loud crowd than a hostile one. They're hostile to Dunleavy, but that's about it, LOL. I can't think of any other individual player in the league that gets anywhere near the treatment that Dunleavy gets from Warrior fans. Consider that (ex-Warriors) Jason Richardson got a huge ovation when he came back and Antawn Jamison stills gets very generous rounds of applause every trip back as well.

As for really hostile crowds, see Utah.....They were the fans throwing stuff on the court after a playoff game against the Spurs after they were unhappy with the officiating. And that happened post Artest Brawl. That would have gotten a lot of press if was anywhere else (Detroit, Chicago, Philly,NY, LA, etc..).

Sports Logo

I would much have a more healthy Dunleavy return in early February so that we can get as many minutes for BRush to develop before he is relegated to garbage minutes for the rest of the season than rush Dunleavy back in a week or two before he is fully healthy.

Play McRoberts and Price! BRushWithDeath's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by NuffSaid View Post
    If you're saying what I think you're saying then I agree. I think JOB and the training staff learned a huge lesson from last year in how they rushed JO back only to have to sit him soon after his return to the court. They'll play Dunleavy's return real cautiously and won't rush it. He won't be back until he can go atleast 15-20 minutes. To read that he's been doing 30 min 3-on-3 drills is a very good sign that he's real close to getting back out on the court. To that, I'd have to agree with the commentators that he'll be back sooner rather than later - within a week.

They already rushed him once. He didn't want to play in the preseason at all. That was a major setback. If he's back this month I'll be shocked.
    "I had to take her down like Chris Brown."

-Lance Stephenson

Looks like he'll be back during the road trip! Should be a nice boost!

That also mean it'll be before the 14th!

http://my.nba.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5700029940
    Jan 3, 2009
    Coach Jim O'Brien said Mike Dunleavy "probably" will be in uniform sometime during the upcoming Western Conference road trip.

"It's great to hear," O'Brien said before the Pacers faced the Sacramento Kings tonight in Conseco Fieldhouse. "It's been a long time coming."

Dunleavy has been out since the beginning of training camp with a right knee injury. He returned to practice Dec. 22 and has cleared every hurdle since. Because of the amount of time Dunleavy has missed, it's reasonable to assume he'll be on a pitch count until he fully regains his conditioning but O'Brien will make that determination after the medical staff gives the go-ahead.

"I'll worry about that," O'Brien said, "when they tell me he's able to play and how long he can play."

Dunleavy averaged 19.1 points, 5.2 rebounds and 3.5 assists last season, shooting .424 from the 3-point line. The Pacers have sorely missed not only his ability to spread the defense with his long-range shooting but his instinctive offensive play.

Awesome!

This could really help.

Not just with his on-court contributions, but with morale for the team.
    Welcome to Pacers Digest! New around here? Here are three tips for making the forum a great place to talk about Pacers basketball.

• Log in. Even if you want to read instead of post, it's helpful because it lets you:
    • Change your signature options. You can hide all signatures by choosing "Settings" (top right) then "General Settings" (middle left) and unchecking the box "Show Signatures" (in the "Thread Display Options" area).
    • Create an ignore list. I know it may seem unneighborly. But you're here to talk about the Pacers, not argue with someone who's just looking for an argument. Most of the regular users on here make use (at least occasionally) of the "Ignore" feature. Just go to "Settings" -> "Edit Ignore List" and add the names.

Enjoy your time at PD!

woman without a team

I saw highlights of the game. Was that him wearing the ugly yellowish jacket at the end of the bench? If so Eric Etchison would like his coat back.