Thread: Tough times for both ends :(

Default Tough times for both ends :(

New here, Raptors are my numero uno team, but since the trade of 2 of my fav raps to your fine team im following you guys aswell!!

Just wondering, what are Pacers thoughts on the little Ford engine?? He has alot of negatives invovling decision making last year, but the guy is flat out one of the fastest guards in the league and fearless, ive noticed Jack is getting alot of min so TJ isnt working out that well?? Anybody regret the trade?? JO is playing decent for us, but honestly, we are definately going to move him sometime next year and i would expect the return to be pretty big considering his expiring in time for 2010.

Rasho is Mr. Professional, i hope you all been treating him well :P He works hard all the time, never says negative things and puts up his modest numbers consistently, show the big man some love!!

Man i wish we drafted Granger instead of Joey Graham, Steven isnt much better tho :P

Tough times for both fanbases, prob tougher for us since we had higher expectations, here's hoping we both go on win streaks (we beat houston last night BABY!!) and creep in the playoffs, or in our case, get a lotto pick and be good moving JO next year :P Thx 4 having me, look forward to hearing about my 2nd fav team in the future, take care!!!

RaptorsFan!!

Feed the big fella. Infinite MAN_force's Avatar

Default Re: Tough times for both ends :(

Ford got injured recently and his playing time has been somewhat limited. He had a tough game last night.

Ford has had games where hes looked all star caliber and games where he looked aweful. He has battled inconsistency this year, but overall I like what he brings to the table and hope he improves as the season goes on and the team builds a little more cohesion.

Rasho has been a nice placeholder for our new center, Roy Hibbert, thanks for that one BTW. He has looked promising.

I feel pretty good about the trade. What is the consensus by raptor fans about JO?
    "As a bearded man, i was very disappointed in Love. I am gathering other bearded men to discuss the status of Kevin Love's beard. I am motioning that it must be shaved."

- ilive4sports

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Ford has an ankle sprain, which is why Jack has been starting. I'm wondering if Jack will keep the job when Ford comes back though because Jack has been great.

I've been disappointed in Ford so far. He disappears far too often and is very inconsistant. Like you said, he also has a lot of questionable decisions. I think he is too fast for his own good to be honest.

That being said, I have no regrets about the JO trade. We needed a change and got a good one. As much as Ford has disappointed me, he hasn't been awful except for a few games. Rasho has been a great role player and gives us an expiring that we needed to resign Granger. On top of those I love Roy Hibbert, I would have traded JO for Roy Hibbert straight up if I could have. He has been very impressive and looks like he has a very bright future.

I'm still a big JO fan and follow the Raptors just to check up on him. How is he doing in your eyes? It seems like most Raptor fans regret the trade, not because JO has been bad, but because he and Bosh don't mesh well. At least thats what I've picked up on other forums. How do you feel about the trade?
    Last edited by Dr. Awesome; 01-03-2009 at 03:16 PM.

JO has been steadily improving since the beginning of the year, but nagging injurys (right now it's a bruised right knee, thank god its not the left) have been an issue, our team plays so little D, but JO has been great inside, altho i dont think he is a natural C, he has brought us much needed inside presense and he can still score when counted upon and seems like a pretty nice guy.

We really miss our Calderon/TJ combo, Calderon isnt the same, the change of pace was awesome, but trust me from a hardcore Ford supporter, he hasnt battled inconsistency this year, he has battled it his whole NBA carreer, if he could only make a few better decisions at times he definately has allstar potential skillwise, i really hope he can find his wings in Indy, he is fearless which is saying alot for a guy with spinal cord issues like he has, one bad fall could end his career (it almost happened in Atlanta last year).

I like the makeup of your team, altho i dont think its reasonable to think you can compete this year, i think the future is bright as most of the core pieces are young and learning to play together, ill be rooting for you guys (aslong as it isnt against Toronto, but so far Indy- 1 Toronto- 0).

Will there be a special reaction when JO comes back to play in Indy?? You guys still have love for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Franchise55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ford has an ankle sprain, which is why Jack has been starting. I'm wondering if Jack will keep the job when Ford comes back though because Jack has been great.

I've been disappointed in Ford so far. He disappears far too often and is very inconsistant. Like you said, he also has a lot of questionable decisions. I think he is too fast for his own good to be honest.

That being said, I have no regrets about the JO trade. We needed a change and got a good one. As much as Ford has disappointed me, he hasn't been awful except for a few games. Rasho has been a great role player and gives us an expiring that we needed to resign Granger. On top of those I love Roy Hibbert, I would have traded JO for Roy Hibbert straight up if I could have. He has been very impressive and looks like he has a very bright future.

I'm still a big JO fan and follow the Raptors just to check up on him. How is he doing in your eyes? It seems like most Raptor fans regret the trade, not because JO has been bad, but because he and Bosh don't mesh well. At least thats what I've picked up on other forums. How do you feel about the trade?

The only regret about the trade i have is switching picks!!! Why oh why did we agree to that?? We trade picks all the time and i think Hibbert might be the factor that bounces the trade in your favor for the time being

Your right, when Bosh plays well JO doesnt and vice versa, they cant seem to find their wings together and we are much worse then probably everybody in the league expected, but JO seems to be jsut getting in full game shape recently and im hoping maybe things can change.

The big thing about the trade is JO will improve imo, he has a max deal expiring in time for the sweepstakes and i really think a cap clearing team will give us a real 2nd tier allstar type slasher next year, our GM is one of the best and i could see it happening maybe even this year. JO is definately not here for the longhaul but im hoping he can make this year memorable.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

I really don't know what to make of that trade.

JO hasn't had much of a positive effect on toronto, and neither has TJ Ford or Rasho on Indiana. They've canceled each other out.

The only thing I get out of it is that Indiana got Hibbert, and Toronto didn't get any youth, so Indiana wins by default.

Hibbert has actually been a nice surprise. He looks like he has a better future than Brandon Rush.

It wasn't about being the team everyone loved, it was about beating the teams everyone else loved.

Division Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
    Conference Champions 1955, 1956, 1988, 2005
    NBA Champions 1989, 1990, 2004

Unhappy Re: Tough times for both ends :(

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorsFan View Post
    New here, Raptors are my numero uno team, but since the trade of 2 of my fav raps to your fine team im following you guys aswell!!

Just wondering, what are Pacers thoughts on the little Ford engine?? He has alot of negatives invovling decision making last year, but the guy is flat out one of the fastest guards in the league and fearless, ive noticed Jack is getting alot of min so TJ isnt working out that well?? Anybody regret the trade?? JO is playing decent for us, but honestly, we are definately going to move him sometime next year and i would expect the return to be pretty big considering his expiring in time for 2010.

Rasho is Mr. Professional, i hope you all been treating him well :P He works hard all the time, never says negative things and puts up his modest numbers consistently, show the big man some love!!

Man i wish we drafted Granger instead of Joey Graham, Steven isnt much better tho :P

Tough times for both fanbases, prob tougher for us since we had higher expectations, here's hoping we both go on win streaks (we beat houston last night BABY!!) and creep in the playoffs, or in our case, get a lotto pick and be good moving JO next year :P Thx 4 having me, look forward to hearing about my 2nd fav team in the future, take care!!!

RaptorsFan!!
    I'm so glad we made the trade, if only so I don't have to listen to Jermaine.

TJ isn't playing as well as he has with other teams and I'm not sure why. When he's healthy again, I'm hoping he uses his speed a little more.

Rasho was extremely solid the first 10 games or so, but has really gone downhill. He seems to be unable to handle O'Brien's pace. But, when he was playing well, our defense looked good and we looked to be headed towards a 45-50 win season.

Hibbert is going to be a decent player.

I do miss Jermaine's defensive presence, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorsFan View Post

The big thing about the trade is JO will improve imo, he has a max deal expiring in time for the sweepstakes and i really think a cap clearing team will give us a real 2nd tier allstar type slasher next year, year memorable.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pacers got more than I expected for JO. Don't get your hopes up getting another team trading for JO or getting much in return if the Raptors can find a team to trade for him. I hope JO works out for you b/c IMO you got him for the full 2 years at 44 mil. If I would ever meet BC, I'd shake his hand for making the trade. Thanx BC!