I'm not saying speed up the game to overcome a talent shortage. I say you speed up the game because the guys on this roster are better suited for running (except for Hibbert).
To play effective half court you need.
1. Strong post presence offensively (which Hibbert provides adequately)
2. Strong team rebounding (which we DON"T have)
3. A PG who can feed the post and run half court (Which we really don't have)
4. A wing player who can dribble drive to get his shot whenever (Which we don't have)
5. Someone else who can lurk on the perimeter for the kickout jumper (which we have in abundance)
So basically we have 2 of the 5 components of a successful 1/2 court team. That's why we run.