View Poll Results: Who do you like better? JOb or Rick?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim O'Brien

    23 39.66%
  • Rick Carlisle

    35 60.34%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 326 to 350 of 497

Thread: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

  1. #326
    Member Since86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Muncie
    Posts
    21,072

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14-25, our strength of schedule leads the league at .538, and we have played 5 more road games than home games.
    Yeah, and out of those 25 loses, a 1/3 of them have been to horrible teams.

    Philly, Chic, Char, Mil, LAC, NJ, Mem, and GS. Win four out of the eight and you're looking at a 18-21 record, which would be a lot more respectable.

    Good teams beat bad teams. Bad teams compete with good teams, and lose to other bad teams.


    And you're seriously going to follow everything up with "we're the 23rd best defense in the league?" Seriously. Wow what an amazing accomplishment, the Pacers are better than 7 teams defensively.

  2. #327

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    No you haven't made your point actually.


    Actually, I more than made my point. Just take the blinders off and take a fresh look. All you have given is excuses why this team hasn't produced. It's won 14 games out of 39 and lost to teams it shouldn't have.

    Since you don't want to take the time to look things up, (why is that?) I'll do it for you.

    The Pacers are averaging giving up 112 points to other teams when losing. That right 112 points.

    In the recent 5 game road trip, they gave up an average of 121 points per game. They won 1 out of 5 games resulting in a 20% win rate. That's with Dunleavy playing in some of the games... not the one they won either.

    The Pacers started out the season 5-5. At that point, they were only allowing 96.3 points a game to the other team. Yet you don't think anything is broken now that they are allowing 112 points? I don't care how well they are scoring as you pointed out, they are still losing... the other team is out scoring them. Why is that? They play little DEFENSE is the reason why. O'Brien's system is flawed to the point it's broken.

  3. #328
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, and out of those 25 loses, a 1/3 of them have been to horrible teams.

    Philly, Chic, Char, Mil, LAC, NJ, Mem, and GS. Win four out of the eight and you're looking at a 18-21 record, which would be a lot more respectable.

    Good teams beat bad teams. Bad teams compete with good teams, and lose to other bad teams.


    And you're seriously going to follow everything up with "we're the 23rd best defense in the league?" Seriously. Wow what an amazing accomplishment, the Pacers are better than 7 teams defensively.
    Yes, I find that amazing that with the injuries the pacers have, the inability for Rush to learn our system, and the loss of JO, I fully expected our defense to be bottom 3, this is with dunleavy out. The fact that we are 23rd should be an accomplishment. Also, Philly and Mil are two teams better than us, they are playing above what their record indicates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, I more than made my point. Just take the blinders off and take a fresh look. All you have given is excuses why this team hasn't produced. It's won 14 games out of 39 and lost to teams it shouldn't have.

    Since you don't want to take the time to look things up, (why is that?) I'll do it for you.
    I knew my usual places didn't have it, and was pretty sure that since you asked those questions, you have those answers. Could I please get some citations so I can add these sites to my regular viewing rotation?


    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Pacers are averaging giving up 112 points to other teams when losing. That right 112 points.

    In the recent 5 game road trip, they gave up an average of 121 points per game. They won 1 out of 5 games resulting in a 20% win rate. That's with Dunleavy playing in some of the games... not the one they won either.

    The Pacers started out the season 5-5. At that point, they were only allowing 96.3 points a game to the other team. Yet you don't think anything is broken now that they are allowing 112 points? I don't care how well they are scoring as you pointed out, they are still losing... the other team is out scoring them. Why is that? They play little DEFENSE is the reason why. O'Brien's system is flawed to the point it's broken.
    Yes, I don't think anything is broken at his point. We began the season without Hibbert playing heavy minutes, with a healthy team, and with 5 home games, and 2 games within driving distance. In addition, we played a few slumping teams (Hawks, Philly without brand), as well as NJ before they got good twice, and OKC. I don't take much out of that 10 game stretch.

    Then we got hit by injuries,we had to play people like Hibbert, Diener, Jack, extended minutes, which cost us a lot. I really don't think this team's defense is as bad as everyone says it is. It's been getting a lot better ever since we've been getting healthy.

  4. #329

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    I knew my usual places didn't have it, and was pretty sure that since you asked those questions, you have those answers. Could I please get some citations so I can add these sites to my regular viewing rotation?

    I'm embarrassed b/c I don't have sites for this info. I keep a log on the Pacers games and calculate by it by hand. I know there has to be an easier way, but sometimes one just feels embarrassed to ask. Bottom line is you caught me red handed having to say I keep game records and calculate the info by hand from them. What a pita doing it at times!

  5. #330
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,323

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm embarrassed b/c I don't have sites for this info. I keep a log on the Pacers games and calculate by it by hand. I know there has to be an easier way, but sometimes one just feels embarrassed to ask. Bottom line is you caught me red handed having to say I keep game records and calculate the info by hand from them. What a pita doing it at times!
    That is very impressive. I should double check the math then. I'll get back to you later.

    I think however that tonights game vindicates me a little.unless brandon rush screws it up.

  6. #331

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    That is very impressive. I should double check the math then. I'll get back to you later.

    I think however that tonights game vindicates me a little.unless brandon rush screws it up.
    Please do I'm not perfect, but I should be real close even if I made a mistake.

    How can that be. It ended up the SOS, but with a different ending... although a nice one. The Pacers still gave up over 100 points. That's the "8th" win out of 15 wins that they have given up over 100 points.

  7. #332

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    I wanted to see what others thought, but I din't want to start another O'Brien thread in fear of being chastize. So I decided to put it in this thread.

    My question is, What happens if the Pacers don't make the playoffs and there isn't any big improvement the rest of the season? Do the Pacers stay the course with JO'B for another year? I'm not advocating firing him, but as fans are you willing to go another year of the same old thing? Basically, a yes or no answer will surfice. There isn't any inbetweens. It's either or.

    Yes = you are willing.

    No = you are not willing.

  8. #333
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,367

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    I'm desperately hoping for some serious roster shakeup. The sooner the better, but if not this year, then during the off season. Whether JOB is here or not, and I think I would prefer not, we can't just keep trucking on with as little talent as we have.

    So to keeping on, no, not willing. Not with this roster for sure, even if it is with this coach.

  9. #334
    It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Garrett, IN
    Posts
    9,108
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Yeah lets just chuck the roster unlike last year.

  10. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    not willing.......

  11. #336
    The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Disgusta, GA
    Posts
    8,829
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    I don't think the situation that is the basis of the question is going to happen...BUT, if the Pacers don't make the play-offs or show any signs of improved performance for the rest of the season, then there's a real good chance JOB is gone.

    You could count me as no, not willing, but I don't think the circumstances are going to be as you said.

    And, once more, our vote doesn't count. What will Bird and the Simons think? That's all that matters.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

  12. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread


  13. #338
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Naptown
    Posts
    139

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    i agree with this thread topic

  14. #339
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    52,583

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    I'm just amazed that there were no posts after January of 2009.

  15. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just amazed that there were no posts after January of 2009.
    I was looking for the prediction thread and I found this one

  16. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: When will jim O'brien be held accountable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am considering a in depth post about why I think JOB is a good coach - and I still might get around to it. Really though I think this is all I need to say. O'Brien is the one who basically cut and got rid of Glenn Robinson while in Philly - he pretty much ended his career. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

    Really though the fact that JOB is the primary reason JT isn't playing this season - that is all the evidence I need that O'Brien is an excellent coach. Coach will always have a special place in my heart for ushering Jamaal out the door.

  17. #342
    Custom User Titleist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pacer Purgatory Praying for Paul
    Posts
    3,558
    Mood

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just amazed that there were no posts after January of 2009.
    No posts to this thread were necessary.

    Probably over half of the threads since that time turned have ultimately turned into a thread about his inadequacies and how they negatively impact virtually every aspect of both the players and the team as well as the resulting financial impact on the franchise because even its occasional good play is irrelevant because it frequently does not come in a winning effort.

  18. #343
    Go Colts! Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    36
    Posts
    44,268

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Nothing has changed.

  19. #344
    The Last Great Pacer BlueNGold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    15,236

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing has changed.
    I almost gave you a thanks for this.

    But then I remembered that Troy Murphy is not a Pacer.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:


  21. #345
    Jimmy did what Jimmy did Bball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,083

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking for the prediction thread and I found this one
    I'm just wondering if you'd like to change your vote!?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

    ------

    "A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

    -John Wooden

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:


  23. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Age
    33
    Posts
    28,142

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just wondering if you'd like to change your vote!?
    Hell noooooo

  24. #347
    NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Downtown baby
    Posts
    12,618

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm just amazed that there were no posts after January of 2009.
    Yes, PD was totally devoid of any more Fire JOB discussions after January 2009.



    OTOH we have Josh getting some level of respect and PT and they appear to be attempting to really center around Roy Hibbert. It only took 2+ years of complaining while development chances fell by the wayside, but it got done.

    Why do I think that if the NBA were to change the rules and allow 6 players on the court JOB would continue to field 5 for about 170 games.

  25. #348
    A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Farmerstucky
    Posts
    1,228

    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

    The sixth man is irrelevant...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."

  26. #349
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread


  27. #350
    Release Psycho T pwee31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    7,170

    Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread


Similar Threads

  1. Ignore this thread
    By Anthem in forum Feedback
    Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 07-28-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Counting: It's Fun.
    By N8R in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 66943
    Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:59 AM
  3. IGNORE THIS THREAD: THE MOVIE
    By Natston in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
  4. The Official "Who Wants to Play the Wolf Game?" Thread
    By SycamoreKen in forum Market Square (General Non-Sports Discussion)
    Replies: 196
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
  5. Jim O'Brien interview from WTHR.com
    By Unclebuck in forum Indiana Pacers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •