View Poll Results: Who do you like better? JOb or Rick?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jim O'Brien

23 39.66%
  • Rick Carlisle

35 60.34%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: The Official "Fire Jim O'Brien!" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by flox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    14-25, our strength of schedule leads the league at .538, and we have played 5 more road games than home games.
    Yeah, and out of those 25 loses, a 1/3 of them have been to horrible teams.

Philly, Chic, Char, Mil, LAC, NJ, Mem, and GS. Win four out of the eight and you're looking at a 18-21 record, which would be a lot more respectable.

Good teams beat bad teams. Bad teams compete with good teams, and lose to other bad teams.

And you're seriously going to follow everything up with "we're the 23rd best defense in the league?" Seriously. Wow what an amazing accomplishment, the Pacers are better than 7 teams defensively.

No you haven't made your point actually.

Actually, I more than made my point. Just take the blinders off and take a fresh look. All you have given is excuses why this team hasn't produced. It's won 14 games out of 39 and lost to teams it shouldn't have.

Since you don't want to take the time to look things up, (why is that?) I'll do it for you.

The Pacers are averaging giving up 112 points to other teams when losing. That right 112 points.

In the recent 5 game road trip, they gave up an average of 121 points per game. They won 1 out of 5 games resulting in a 20% win rate. That's with Dunleavy playing in some of the games... not the one they won either.

The Pacers started out the season 5-5. At that point, they were only allowing 96.3 points a game to the other team. Yet you don't think anything is broken now that they are allowing 112 points? I don't care how well they are scoring as you pointed out, they are still losing... the other team is out scoring them. Why is that? They play little DEFENSE is the reason why. O'Brien's system is flawed to the point it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Since86 View Post
    Yeah, and out of those 25 loses, a 1/3 of them have been to horrible teams.

Philly, Chic, Char, Mil, LAC, NJ, Mem, and GS. Win four out of the eight and you're looking at a 18-21 record, which would be a lot more respectable.

Good teams beat bad teams. Bad teams compete with good teams, and lose to other bad teams.

And you're seriously going to follow everything up with "we're the 23rd best defense in the league?" Seriously. Wow what an amazing accomplishment, the Pacers are better than 7 teams defensively.
    Yes, I find that amazing that with the injuries the pacers have, the inability for Rush to learn our system, and the loss of JO, I fully expected our defense to be bottom 3, this is with dunleavy out. The fact that we are 23rd should be an accomplishment. Also, Philly and Mil are two teams better than us, they are playing above what their record indicates.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    Actually, I more than made my point. Just take the blinders off and take a fresh look. All you have given is excuses why this team hasn't produced. It's won 14 games out of 39 and lost to teams it shouldn't have.

Since you don't want to take the time to look things up, (why is that?) I'll do it for you.
    I knew my usual places didn't have it, and was pretty sure that since you asked those questions, you have those answers. Could I please get some citations so I can add these sites to my regular viewing rotation?

The Pacers are averaging giving up 112 points to other teams when losing. That right 112 points.

In the recent 5 game road trip, they gave up an average of 121 points per game. They won 1 out of 5 games resulting in a 20% win rate. That's with Dunleavy playing in some of the games... not the one they won either.

The Pacers started out the season 5-5. At that point, they were only allowing 96.3 points a game to the other team. Yet you don't think anything is broken now that they are allowing 112 points? I don't care how well they are scoring as you pointed out, they are still losing... the other team is out scoring them. Why is that? They play little DEFENSE is the reason why. O'Brien's system is flawed to the point it's broken.
    Yes, I don't think anything is broken at his point. We began the season without Hibbert playing heavy minutes, with a healthy team, and with 5 home games, and 2 games within driving distance. In addition, we played a few slumping teams (Hawks, Philly without brand), as well as NJ before they got good twice, and OKC. I don't take much out of that 10 game stretch.

Then we got hit by injuries,we had to play people like Hibbert, Diener, Jack, extended minutes, which cost us a lot. I really don't think this team's defense is as bad as everyone says it is. It's been getting a lot better ever since we've been getting healthy.

I knew my usual places didn't have it, and was pretty sure that since you asked those questions, you have those answers. Could I please get some citations so I can add these sites to my regular viewing rotation?

I'm embarrassed b/c I don't have sites for this info. I keep a log on the Pacers games and calculate by it by hand. I know there has to be an easier way, but sometimes one just feels embarrassed to ask. Bottom line is you caught me red handed having to say I keep game records and calculate the info by hand from them. What a pita doing it at times!

I'm embarrassed b/c I don't have sites for this info. I keep a log on the Pacers games and calculate by it by hand. I know there has to be an easier way, but sometimes one just feels embarrassed to ask. Bottom line is you caught me red handed having to say I keep game records and calculate the info by hand from them. What a pita doing it at times!
    That is very impressive. I should double check the math then. I'll get back to you later.

I think however that tonights game vindicates me a little.unless brandon rush screws it up.

That is very impressive. I should double check the math then. I'll get back to you later.

I think however that tonights game vindicates me a little.unless brandon rush screws it up.
    Please do I'm not perfect, but I should be real close even if I made a mistake.

How can that be. It ended up the SOS, but with a different ending... although a nice one. The Pacers still gave up over 100 points. That's the "8th" win out of 15 wins that they have given up over 100 points.

I wanted to see what others thought, but I din't want to start another O'Brien thread in fear of being chastize. So I decided to put it in this thread.

My question is, What happens if the Pacers don't make the playoffs and there isn't any big improvement the rest of the season? Do the Pacers stay the course with JO'B for another year? I'm not advocating firing him, but as fans are you willing to go another year of the same old thing? Basically, a yes or no answer will surfice. There isn't any inbetweens. It's either or.

Yes = you are willing.

No = you are not willing.

I'm desperately hoping for some serious roster shakeup. The sooner the better, but if not this year, then during the off season. Whether JOB is here or not, and I think I would prefer not, we can't just keep trucking on with as little talent as we have.

So to keeping on, no, not willing. Not with this roster for sure, even if it is with this coach.

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

Yeah lets just chuck the roster unlike last year.

Banned

not willing.......

The light, not the lie. kester99's Avatar
    Mood

I don't think the situation that is the basis of the question is going to happen...BUT, if the Pacers don't make the play-offs or show any signs of improved performance for the rest of the season, then there's a real good chance JOB is gone.

You could count me as no, not willing, but I don't think the circumstances are going to be as you said.

And, once more, our vote doesn't count. What will Bird and the Simons think? That's all that matters.
    [~]) ... Cheers! Go Pacers!

Banned

i agree with this thread topic

I'm just amazed that there were no posts after January of 2009.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I was looking for the prediction thread and I found this one

Banned

Default Re: When will jim O'brien be held accountable?

Quote Originally Posted by Unclebuck View Post
    I am considering a in depth post about why I think JOB is a good coach - and I still might get around to it. Really though I think this is all I need to say. O'Brien is the one who basically cut and got rid of Glenn Robinson while in Philly - he pretty much ended his career. I don't think anything more needs to be said.

Really though the fact that JOB is the primary reason JT isn't playing this season - that is all the evidence I need that O'Brien is an excellent coach. Coach will always have a special place in my heart for ushering Jamaal out the door.

Custom User Titleist
    Mood

No posts to this thread were necessary.

Probably over half of the threads since that time turned have ultimately turned into a thread about his inadequacies and how they negatively impact virtually every aspect of both the players and the team as well as the resulting financial impact on the franchise because even its occasional good play is irrelevant because it frequently does not come in a winning effort.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Nothing has changed.
    I almost gave you a thanks for this.

But then I remembered that Troy Murphy is not a Pacer.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueNGold For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vnzla81 View Post
    I was looking for the prediction thread and I found this one
    I'm just wondering if you'd like to change your vote!?
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bball For This Useful Post:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bball View Post
    I'm just wondering if you'd like to change your vote!?
    Hell noooooo

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

Yes, PD was totally devoid of any more Fire JOB discussions after January 2009.

OTOH we have Josh getting some level of respect and PT and they appear to be attempting to really center around Roy Hibbert. It only took 2+ years of complaining while development chances fell by the wayside, but it got done.

Why do I think that if the NBA were to change the rules and allow 6 players on the court JOB would continue to field 5 for about 170 games.

A happy Roy is a good Roy DaveP63's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

The sixth man is irrelevant...
    http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...nce-stephenson
    "But, first, let us now praise famous moments, because something happened Tuesday night in Indianapolis that you can watch a lifetimeís worth of professional basketball and never see again. There was a brief, and very decisive, and altogether unprecedented, outburst of genuine officiating, and it was directed at the best player in the world, and that, my dear young person, simply is not done."