Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I lost us the Hornets game tonight.

Default I lost us the Hornets game tonight.

I live in Colorado Springs, and I flew out to Indiana for a game (originally from Indiana, die hard). Hornets-P's. First row behind the scorers table. Oh yeah baby.

Chris Paul is my favorite player besides Granger. This game was supposed to be great.

I made a big mistake.

You know the story about Bosh’s girlfriend and LeBron? That happened to me tonight. I was chatting it up, Roy stretching right in front of me and I told Foster to snag 10 offensive boards for me. I gave Diener a cheer after he practiced fade away 3's with a hand in his face (came in handy with that shot clock buzzer beater). Great game, great view.

Then came the fourth quarter. The P’s had a solid lead (7 I think, so not solid lol) and CP wasn’t showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around four minutes, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, “CP ain’t ****.” He quickly turned around and said, “What?” High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, “Yeah, you’re lucky T.J.’s not playing.” He replied, “Yeah, I prayed for that last night,” and rolled his eyes and laughed condescendingly. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: “You shouldn’t have even been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you.” He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the “what have you done” look. I thought to myself, "God, what did I do.

CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game, scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. He even took an insane fade away with Murphy right in his face, swish. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot, I was cheering Jack on defense (personally, I hate Jack so this was hard).

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. My friend turns to me and says, "holy crap, is he looking at you?" only to see me staring CP down in the eyes, shaking my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn’t.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, said in LeBron fashion, “It’s your fault. It’s your fault.” My legs began to shake. What did I do.

So this is my formal apology. I truly am sorry guys, I was just being a Pacers fan. I didn't mean to do this, and we should have had a good win tonight.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Re: I lost us the Hornets game tonight.

I sat behind him. This is actually a 100% true story. I watched it happen.

It was in section 5 for anyone wondering. Wow, I really didn't expect to see this posted on the forums though. I was wondering what you had done to tick him off though cause he did come right for you.

I believe as he walked away you also told him he was overrated after the game, so yeah, I'm not really sure you learned your lesson.

The timeout scene you're talking about, my dad actually turned to me and said "What the hell is Paul staring at right now?"
    Last edited by Trader Joe; 12-29-2008 at 04:30 AM.

“WE NEVER SURRENDER, WE NEVER GIVE UP, WE KEEP ATTACKING”- Frank Vogel
    momentarygodsblog.com https://twitter.com/momentarygods

Currently calling my Mob friends... now where is it you live in Colorado?
    "He wanted to get to that money time. Time when the hardware was on the table. That's when Roger was going to show up. So all we needed to do was stay close"
    Darnell Hillman (Speaking of former teammate Roger Brown)

Why do you hate America?
    Report: 82% Of Wiseguys Think They're Real Funny

sweabs

Hahahahaha - awesome story!

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Geeze, this is why we can't take you anywhere.

Great story, dood.

Hahaha. Next time, tick off someone like B. Scalabrine, not one of the most talented players in the world.
    You, Never? Did the Kenosha Kid?

Great story!!
    You're like that guy who was yelling "jackass" at Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore. only you're not as good as him

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe as he walked away you also told him he was overrated after the game, so yeah, I'm not really sure you learned your lesson.
    Well, for the record, I was in such shock I didn't know what to say then. He kind of isolated me and I became kind of defensive while being star struck. Very hard to explain.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by quinnthology View Post
    Well, for the record, I was in such shock I didn't know what to say then. He kind of isolated me and I became kind of defensive while being star struck. Very hard to explain.
    Go ahead, talk some trash. :P

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

You should have called Peja soft.

Thanks..... ***. Just kidding.

Seriously, that's a great story and I'm glad you took the time to share it, even if it's the equivalent of walking into the local court house to confess a crime.

Mood

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Thanks..... ***. Just kidding.

Seriously, that's a great story and I'm glad you took the time to share it, even if it's the equivalent of walking into the local court house to confess a crime.
    Don't we lower his punishment for that?

I live in Colorado Springs, and I flew out to Indiana for a game (originally from Indiana, die hard). Hornets-P's. First row behind the scorers table. Oh yeah baby.

Chris Paul is my favorite player besides Granger. This game was supposed to be great.

I made a big mistake.

You know the story about Bosh’s girlfriend and LeBron? That happened to me tonight. I was chatting it up, Roy stretching right in front of me and I told Foster to snag 10 offensive boards for me. I gave Diener a cheer after he practiced fade away 3's with a hand in his face (came in handy with that shot clock buzzer beater). Great game, great view.

Then came the fourth quarter. The P’s had a solid lead (7 I think, so not solid lol) and CP wasn’t showing up much directly on offense, missing several jumpers. He came to check in at around four minutes, and I was in complete Pacers mode. Without thinking, I murmured, “CP ain’t ****.” He quickly turned around and said, “What?” High off the fact that he even acknowledged me, I said, “Yeah, you’re lucky T.J.’s not playing.” He replied, “Yeah, I prayed for that last night,” and rolled his eyes and laughed condescendingly. I was in complete disarray, and said to the man that I had so passionately spoken in MVP support for last year: “You shouldn’t have even been mentioned for MVP last year, Kobe is way better than you.” He laughed and walked off. My friend gave me the “what have you done” look. I thought to myself, "God, what did I do.

CP, the passing machine, stopped passing then. He began to shoot every time he got the ball and took over the game, scoring 11 points in the final 3:36. He even took an insane fade away with Murphy right in his face, swish. I was standing and cheering passionately every time Granger hit a big shot, I was cheering Jack on defense (personally, I hate Jack so this was hard).

After a timeout, he walked from the bench to halfcourt smirking and smiling, staring me down the whole way. My friend turns to me and says, "holy crap, is he looking at you?" only to see me staring CP down in the eyes, shaking my head. With 26 seconds left he drove, danced around with the ball and hit West for a wide open jumper to win it. I thought the game was over, but it wasn’t.

CP went over, took a photo with someone, then walked in my direction. I stood up. He stopped directly in front of the scorers table and, pointing a solid finger, said in LeBron fashion, “It’s your fault. It’s your fault.” My legs began to shake. What did I do.

So this is my formal apology. I truly am sorry guys, I was just being a Pacers fan. I didn't mean to do this, and we should have had a good win tonight.
    LOL....that is freaking hilarious.

mike wells mentioned this on his article today.

Mike Wells
    IndyStar.com

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsi...ny_more_t.html

--You guys (in honor of Mike from Cordry Lake) can send your "Thank You" cards to the guys sitting several rows behind the scorer's table.

They were the ones that got Hornets guard Chris Paul fired up midway through the fourth quarter.

The fans started heckling Paul as he waited at the table. The guys didn't say anything vulgar, but Paul leaned against the table shaking his head as he listened to every word.

Paul scored 11 of his 19 points in the final 3:36 of the game.

Afterwards, he ran by the scorer's table, looked up in the stands on told the guys, "That was all your fault."

Great job, go ahead and get one of the league's best players worked up.
    The things they said weren't even funny.
    Read my Pacers blog:
    8points9seconds.com

Follow my twitter:

@8pts9secs

It is ka Thankee sai Major Cold's Avatar
    Mood

not funny? Fail...

haha, I'm not even mad, this story is hilarious. I can imagine the narrator of a "Christmas Story" reading this type of material. If you showed some humility at the end, you might've been able to milk an autograph out of it though.

Sports Logo

Next time, talk smack to some Player that is dressed in a suit at the end of the bench....not the most talented Player on the opposing team that we have NO real chance of containing.

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    Hahaha. Next time, tick off someone like B. Scalabrine, not one of the most talented players in the world.
    Nope, that won't work either.....especially when it comes to a Player that is somewhat capable of making a 3pt shot like Scalabrine, we have a bad habit of making Players like him a "Scrub of the Night" that will get career high #s against us.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

NaptownSeth is all feel Naptown_Seth's Avatar

I agree. I hate when the trash talking is so lame, and then on top of it you fire him up. Ugh.

First off, the key is something that kinda makes them laugh too. Second, you have to pick on that guy that will just ruin his team by taking over. I watched 4 guys dismantle Boston a few years ago by ripping on Ricky Davis till he decided to prove a point. He made some but overall it was a mess. A few of us trashed Pierce's TEAMMATES one time for not passing them the ball, but we said nothing to PP himself. "Man, he does know you're on his team, right?"

The worst I've ever done is yak up whatever crap Chicago guard was playing point circa 2000 as the Pacers punked them. He went baseline for a nice dunk with the Bulls way down and I told him it would look great on the highlight reel he was making for his grandma.

Of course I prefer to work in the sarcasm genre anyway.

ps - thanks for passing me up as most offensive poster too. There's no way I can top that without cracking Danny's shins (why?!why!?)
    Last edited by Naptown_Seth; 12-29-2008 at 02:02 PM.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SoupIsGood View Post
    I call B.S. on this one.

Next time, wear the opposing team's uniform and yell at Danny Granger that he's "not worth ****". If there's any justice in this world, that should get the desired result. And knowing Indy fan's, even if it doesn't work, you should be able to escape without being lynched.

For Pete's sake, you owe us at least that much.

Womens Wrestling Champion El Pacero's Avatar

This is just as bad as Spike Lee yelling at Reggie, and then Spike is on the front cover of the NY newspapers the next day blaming him for firing up Reggie and losing the game.

Except this wasn't a big game, and you made the sports section versus the front page, so I forgive you.

The guys in front of me at the Golden State game a few weeks ago (we were right behind their bench) kept yelling at Stephen Jackson: "See you at Club Rio after the game!" From less than 10' away, poor Jackson heard it everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by JayRedd View Post
    That's great.

My favorite part about Mike Wells' blog is that its obvious he doesn't have anyone edit it before posting. I like that for two reasons: (1) it feels more legit and (2) it shows how important an editor is for Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by intridcold View Post
    You should have called Peja soft.

Freaking awesome.

I'm sure a lot of players need someone like you to get them going for just regular, run of the mill season games. I couldn't imagine getting yourself ready to go at 100% every game of the season. I'm sure it starts becoming mudane and routine, so you listen for someone new, an opposing fan, that makes it a little more personal.