Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pacers-Hornets Post Game thread

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Pacers-Hornets Post Game thread

*Waits for the "at least we played them tough" excuse*

Default Re: Pacers-Hornets Post Game thread

or every other excuse thrown around.

I actually thought we defended that final play pretty well. We didn't let Paul get a shot off when he had been killing us on the pick and roll earlier, and David West's shot wasn't wide open. I think Hibbert should have been in at the end of the game, and JOB didn't save any timeouts at the end, where we could have used one to advance up the court for a better shot than Jack jacking up a half court one.

Sports Logo

Why is it that we can't try to slow down the offense and burn some clock when we take a small lead into the end of the game?

I was thinking of that with 3 minutes left especially after Jack went down....and was sort of hoping that Diener would come in......Marquis would switch off to CP3 with BRush coming in with Granger in the Backcourt. I'm not blaming Jack for this loss....but it was obvious that CP3 would take over at the end of the game. Jack did his best to keep up with him...but he wasn't contesting nor really jumping to try to make it harder for CP3 at the end....who essentially took over the game at the end.
    Ash from Army of Darkness: Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

This is David West, he is the Honey Badger, West just doesn't give a *****....he's pretty bad *ss cuz he has no regard for any other Player or Team whatsoever.

Another exciting and entertaining........................... LOSS.

As I stated on the game thread: How about tanking? Its about time. We will always be on the verge of making the playoffs and some stinky picks

How about the "I didn't see the game, so I have no idea what happened'

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE GAME WASN'T SHOWN LOCALLY ON NBATV, I know last year in the same situation the game was shown locally

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Buck, for future reference, check out Justin.tv. Tonights stream was one of the best I've had all year. The quality may not be the best, but its better than nothing.

Just saw the highlights, that was a very tough shot that West hit, and this was a game when it would have ben really nice to have had one more timeout.

Thanks Heartland, I'll check that out for sure next time

Pat, did you try the online version ? you are entitled to it and i can help yout to prevent the blackout (i think ) just email me

As for my opinion? Bad coaching, fouling out Hibbert with 5 fouls, what on earth is Nessy doing on the court ? and if you know you are out of timouts, at least give them something to work with in the last one you use, KNOWING you get the ball back.

The more i watch the more convinced i am that JOB is not the right man in the right place
    So Long And Thanks For All The Fish.

If you've done 6 impossible things today?
    Then why not have Breakfast at Milliways!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by able View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pat, did you try the online version ? you are entitled to it and i can help yout to prevent the blackout (i think ) just email me

As for my opinion? Bad coaching, fouling out Hibbert with 5 fouls, what on earth is Nessy doing on the court ? and if you know you are out of timouts, at least give them something to work with in the last one you use, KNOWING you get the ball back.

The more i watch the more convinced i am that JOB is not the right man in the right place
    agreed. but at the same time I think he is the man to tank the season a get and nice pick

Gotta Play Big

Turnovers and 4th quarter D appear to be the culprits again. Another sign this team cannot handle the pace on offense and do not put very good defenders on the floor. ...but Troy got his numbers in yet another loss. .......yawn.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Every game we lose like this is a step closer to Obie being fired - so at least some good came out of it.

Gotta Play Big

Anyone know if McRoberts was available?

We did cover Paul decently on the last play, but it took like three or our guys chasing him around to contain him, which allowed for a tough, but relatively uncontested shot by West.

I really appreciate that we are playing hard, but we aren't going to pull out any games unless our defense overall improves.

It seemed to me that throughout the second quarter the Hornets were getting tons of wide open Js and they just weren't converting. Too wide open. Not conested. We were fortunate they didn't hit more.

I also thought last foul on Posey against Granger that resulted in our last 2 points from the line looked like a bailout. Thought it was a clean block from behind, although the justinTV feed wasn't completely clear.
    I'd rather die standing up than live on my knees.

-Emiliano Zapata

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNGold View Post
    Anyone know if McRoberts was available?
    It looked like he was dressed on the sidelines.

Banned

like I said before, tank the season and do like Memphis did last year, the pacers for the firts time in years have some pieces of value either players that other teams want and expiring contracts, trade marquis for another good player and draft picks, we already know he is not coming back, the same with maceo and Rasho, also let the rookies play to see what they have.They need to get a nice draft pick to get better, there is not way the pacers are going to sign a good free agent next year or the one after.tank the season get a nice draft pick and maybe with that convince Mark jackson to come and coach the pacers

I don't see a reason to fire Obie during the season. I personally like a tough defensive minded team that plays more organized ball. But firing Obie will not slove our problems if we are going to let him go wait till the season is over.

We are fighting and we are losing close games. I see this as a positive. It comes with rebuilding. We keep seeing flashes of nice play from Roy & Rush. I believe we will start winning more and more of these close games as the season goes on. Next year I really see this team being dangerous.

After 30 games, we've won 10. It can't get much worse can it?

Banned

We're on pace to go 27-55.

I'm glad we're terrible.. we need a high pick to ever be serious contenders.

woman without a team

Quote Originally Posted by pwee31 View Post
    After 30 games, we've won 10. It can't get much worse can it?
    Sure it can. Just ask the Lions.

As for the game being local on NBA-TV I got it, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have League Pass.

I didn't get to see the game either but the interesting thing is, we don't have to watch the games to know the gist of what happens anymore-
    Pacers get lead
    Pacers lose lead
    Game is tight in 4th qtr
    Pacers can't stop opposing team meanwhile their own shots start coming up short and ballhandling gets careless
    Opposing team pulls out win

-Bball
    Nuntius was right. I was wrong. Frank Vogel has retained his job.

------

"A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself in the group, for the good of the group, thatís teamwork."

-John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by grace View Post
    Sure it can. Just ask the Lions.

As for the game being local on NBA-TV I got it, but maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have League Pass.
    I've got LP. Do you have Brighthouse - Carmel

The Pacers have played 30 games now with a record of 10-20.(33%)

The Pacers have given up 100 or more points in 20 of those games to their opponents while only winning 2 of those 20 games.(10% winning)

They have held their opponent to 10 games of 99 points or less while winning 8 of those games.(80% winning)

Hum, now lets think about this for a moment. You win 80% of your games allowing your opponent to 99 or less points while you win only 10% of your games by allowing your opponents to score 100 or more points.

With this info in mind, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out in order to win games you have to keep your opponents score at 99 or less points to win. You achieve that by playing that thing that seems to be foreign to JO'B system called DEFENSE!

How more obvious is it that playing a shootout run n gun game with no defense leads to LOST GAMES? Surely to goodness Bird can see this if JO'B can't or is too inflexible to change. Your call Bird or maybe it's the call of ownership who said they were going to be more involved in the Pacers. Somebody at the top has to make the call or this franchise is in store for more heartbreaking end of the game losses or exciting and entertaining losses. Anyway you cut it, slice it, or dice it a loss is still a loss. There is no column in the standings for moral victories or entertaining/exciting losses.
    Last edited by Justin Tyme; 12-28-2008 at 11:29 PM.