Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Jackson

Default Luke Jackson

Hey guys, since Larry mentioned interest in trading up for Jackson I wrote a little bit about my impressions of Luke's game for those that don't know much about him. Of course none of this will really matter if we draft someone else, but in the meantime it's here if you are interested.

Draft Spotlight: Luke Jackson

Default Re: Luke Jackson

Nice! Thanks.

Tree People to the Core! indygeezer's Avatar
    Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Nice right up. Yer hired. Of course here at PD we pay in stock options. But I'm sure that they'll be worth a fortune someday.
    If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..

LAPacer

Is Luke better than Fred?

Is Luke better than Fred?
    It sure sounds like he is on the offensive side, but defensively Fred sounds far superiour.

I'd be happier about Luke Jackson if Larry hadn't made his comment about White Superstars. If we draft him part of me will believe we got him because he's white.
    "They could turn out to be only innocent mathematicians, I suppose," muttered Woevre's section officer, de Decker.

"'Only.'" Woevre was amused. "Someday you'll explain to me how that's possible. Seeing that, on the face of it, all mathematics leads, doesn't it, sooner or later, to some kind of human suffering."

I'd be happier about Luke Jackson if Larry hadn't made his comment about White Superstars. If we draft him part of me will believe we got him because he's white.
    As long as whomever we pick is good, I don't care why we posted him (at least not a lot).

Booger

The following regarding Luke Jackson comes from Chad Ford's mock draft which is in progress on ESPN. He has Luke going #8 to the Raptors...

Chad Ford
    "This guy has moved up more than anyone else in the draft. The Raptors love him and word out of Toronto is that they'll take him if he's there. Still, it could be a smokescreen. With so many teams trying to move up in the draft to get Jackson, saying that you want him suddenly makes you the team everyone has to deal with in trade discussions."

Some Fartknocker from Chicago
    "Why has Luke Jackson skyrocketed in what seems like a week?"

Chad Ford
    "Because he's really, really good. He might not end up at Toronto, but Jackson is hot right now. He's a big-time scorer and one of the toughest kids in the draft. He's the ultimate gym rat."

Chad Ford Mock Draft

Booger

Personally, I didn't know much about ol' Luke Jackson before this week. Based on what I've read about him just this week, I'd be willing to gamble and trade Al to move up and grab him, if he's available.

Further, I don't think Bird is bluffing or smokescreening when he talks about this kid. I fully expect the Pacers to try to use Al to move up in the draft to get Jackson. He should be able to fill a need right away.

Chad Ford
    "Because he's really, really good. He might not end up at Toronto, but Jackson is hot right now. He's a big-time scorer and one of the toughest kids in the draft. He's the ultimate gym rat."
    Kstat has repeatedly told me he's soft and if you play him physical you'll beat him.

So who's right?

Booger

Chad Ford
    Kstat has repeatedly told me he's soft and if you play him physical you'll beat him.

So who's right?

Maybe Ford's speaking of mental toughness? Don't know, but I respect Kstat's views as well as Ford's. Probably just a difference of opinion.

Probably just a difference of opinion.
    That would be my guess too.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Watching the ESPN.com mock draft live right now.
    "Just look at the flowers ........ BANG"

Booger

Yep, Pacers are about 4 picks away. Of course, ESPN has assumed everything stays status quo which is unlikely to happen.

Booger

Ford seems to think we'll pick Delonte West, who we could move to point guard as he's quicker and has a better shot than Tinsley.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Delonte West
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 180
    Position: Guard

GP MIN/G PTS/G REB/G AST/G FG %
    27 - 32.8 - 18.9 - 5.5 - 4.8 - .519

NBA Comparison: Cuttino Mobley

Strengths: Intelligent player equipped with excellent court awareness … Plays the game with composure and is an adept decision maker … Possess a quick first step to take opposing guards off the dribble … Unlike many young players his mid-range shooting is excellent … Solid rebounder despite playing in the backcourt … Has legit three point range on his jumper … Creative scorer who has numerous ways to generate offense depending on how the defense plays him … Solid passer with above average court vision … Excellent shooter off the dribble and when off balance … Defensively he does a good job of putting pressure on his man and using his quickness to go for the steal … Excellent free throw shooter … Explosive scorer who can take over a game … Although not a physical player he has developed a surprisingly proficient post up game … Due to being such a balanced player, West will be effective in any teams offensive sets whether it’s a fast break or half court offense … Moves well without the ball …

Weakness: Although a shooting guard in college his height has caused most teams to question where he’ll play in the NBA … At 6-3 with shoes he may be too small to play shooting guard and lacks freakishness to make up for it, or experience at point guard … Doesn’t really do a good job of drawing fouls from opposing defenders … Defensively he needs to improve upon his intensity … Height will make him a post up target liability when having to guard opposing 2's … Upper body strength could stand to be improved upon … Not a bad ball handler but t needs to work on his ball protection as he is prone to turnovers … No one would call him a freak athletically, although he can throw down some strong dunks … Can at times get too comfortable with shooting from the perimeter instead of driving into the lane …

Sounds pretty nice.
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Delonte West
    Sounds like a taller Travis Best?......
    PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Delonte West

Best and West RHYME
    Don't ask Marvin Harrison what he did during the bye week. "Batman never told where the Bat Cave is," he explained.

Mood

Sports Logo Sports Logo

Delonte West
    He looks a lot like Prince.

Delonte West

He really does

The following regarding Luke Jackson comes from Chad Ford's mock draft which is in progress on ESPN. He has Luke going #8 to the Raptors...

Chad Ford
    "This guy has moved up more than anyone else in the draft. The Raptors love him and word out of Toronto is that they'll take him if he's there. Still, it could be a smokescreen. With so many teams trying to move up in the draft to get Jackson, saying that you want him suddenly makes you the team everyone has to deal with in trade discussions."

Some Fartknocker from Chicago
    "Why has Luke Jackson skyrocketed in what seems like a week?"

Chad Ford

Chad Ford Mock Draft
    I think this is a definite smokescreen. They've got huge, glaring, monumentous holes at point and pivot, and they're gonna go with a shooter? I know they don't have a GM or anything, but that's just plain loco.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Reading through the mock, if Livingston were to somehow fall to #6, Billy Knight would be doing cartwheels.
    Come to the Dark Side -- There's cookies!

Delonte West

PSN: MRat731 XBL: MRat0731

Administrator/ The Real Jay ChicagoJ's Avatar

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Delonte West

And an early nomination for 2005 Most Humerous poster.
    Why do the things that we treasure most, slip away in time
    Till to the music we grow deaf, to God's beauty blind
    Why do the things that connect us slowly pull us apart?
    Till we fall away in our own darkness, a stranger to our own hearts
    And life itself, rushing over me
    Life itself, the wind in black elms,
    Life itself in your heart and in your eyes, I can't make it without you