Thread: Pacers talent level is in the bottom 5 right now

Threaded View

Default Pacers talent level is in the bottom 5 right now

This topic has been addressed in several different threads over the past week or two.

My question is this, taking the Pacers team right now, without Dunleavy, with Rush and Roy being rookies just how talented is this team right now. Don't get into the potential of Rush & Roy - look at the players as they are right now. Name for me any teams that have less talent than the Pacers.

What brought this to my mind right now is the game tonight with the Clippers. The Clippers have IMO a lot more talent. Baron Davis, Zach Randolph, Camby, Al Thornton, Eric Gordon - that is a better and more talented team than what we have.

The Kings, maybe the T-Wolves, Thunder, Wiz without Gil - that is about it. I think the Bobcats have more talent, Bucks have more talent, Griz have more.

Pacers really shouldn't win anymore than 35 games and if they do - I would say great coaching job. And let me repeat a remark I've made before - effort and coaching can keep a less talented team in games - but in order to win close games it takes talented players.

I think we need to be aware of where this franchise is and what it has been through the past 4 seaons. I call it a talent purge - that is what has left here, JO, JT, Ronnie, Jax, Al......that is a lot to leave without too much to show for it
    Last edited by Unclebuck; 12-19-2008 at 01:50 PM.